Lowes - Hassle with Kobalt tape measure warranty

1073 of 1823 Lowes Reviews

I tried to get a Kobalt 25' tape measure replaced because it would not retract.Lowes told me to go to manufacturer for replacement.

The package stated "LIFETIME HASSLE-FREE GUARANTEE.You should never have a problem with your Kobalt tools. However,if you do, return the item to the place of purchase for replacement. No questions asked." After the the tool manager was called to the return desk. I was told that the model number is no longer carried.

When I asked for similar item they wanted to charge for difference in price? I tried explain the price of new one was the same as what I paid for the broken one. Now I asked to talk with the store manager. They made a phone call and I was finally given the new tape.

So much for a "LIFETIME HASSLE-FREE GUARANTEE" THANKS FOR THE HASSLE!!!

LOWES I'm buying Craftsman from now on!I've never had any problem returning a tool at Sears.

118d4367 review #256060
39 4 Helpful?
Had the same issue7 Comments5
Had an experience with Lowes?  Submit review about this company
1073 of 1823 Lowes Reviews
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan
Friendly customers make friend

Feb 22, 2014

I returned my craftsman 25' tape and they stopped making tapes. They gave me a Stanley with a limited lifetime warranty that only covers defects and must be returned by mail. I gave it away and bought a kobalt. Returned it twice after wearing out due to typical overuse/abuse and they gave me the new one. My advice: Just be nice to the customer service rep and there will be no hassles. Be a *** about it and they will bend over backwards to make it more difficult for you.

Mr Big

Mar 15, 2012

Try getting a replacement on a craftsman item... Before long sears will be gone.

0 1 Reply
Mr Big

joe

Hey

MauiAl49

Aug 17, 2011

Craftsman no longer make tape measures

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.