• show-popup

Location Highland, New York
Category Installers
Views 509
Monetary Loss

I tried to get a Kobalt 25' tape measure replaced because it would not retract.Lowes told me to go to manufacturer for replacement.

The package stated "LIFETIME HASSLE-FREE GUARANTEE.You should never have a problem with your Kobalt tools. However,if you do, return the item to the place of purchase for replacement. No questions asked." After the the tool manager was called to the return desk. I was told that the model number is no longer carried.

When I asked for similar item they wanted to charge for difference in price? I tried explain the price of new one was the same as what I paid for the broken one. Now I asked to talk with the store manager. They made a phone call and I was finally given the new tape.

So much for a "LIFETIME HASSLE-FREE GUARANTEE" THANKS FOR THE HASSLE!!!

LOWES I'm buying Craftsman from now on!I've never had any problem returning a tool at Sears. 305fc92

Comments (5) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Feb 22
I returned my craftsman 25' tape and they stopped making tapes. They gave me a Stanley with a limited lifetime warranty that only covers defects and must be returned by mail. I gave it away and bought a kobalt. Returned it twice after wearing out due to typical overuse/abuse and they gave me the new one. My advice: Just be nice to the customer service rep and there will be no hassles. Be a *** about it and they will bend over backwards to make it more difficult for you.
Reply to Friendly customers make friend

Mar 15, 2012
Try getting a replacement on a craftsman item... Before long sears will be gone.
Reply to Mr Big

Mar 15, 2012
Reply to Mr Big

Read next Lowes complaint

Lowe's poor store assistance and customer service

This past weekend on Saturday 8/11/11 I visited the Lowe's store at 20 International Drive South in...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Lowes.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug