Lowes - Hassle with Kobalt tape measure warranty
I tried to get a Kobalt 25' tape measure replaced because it would not retract.Lowes told me to go to manufacturer for replacement.
The package stated "LIFETIME HASSLE-FREE GUARANTEE.You should never have a problem with your Kobalt tools. However,if you do, return the item to the place of purchase for replacement. No questions asked." After the the tool manager was called to the return desk. I was told that the model number is no longer carried.
When I asked for similar item they wanted to charge for difference in price? I tried explain the price of new one was the same as what I paid for the broken one. Now I asked to talk with the store manager. They made a phone call and I was finally given the new tape.
So much for a "LIFETIME HASSLE-FREE GUARANTEE" THANKS FOR THE HASSLE!!!
LOWES I'm buying Craftsman from now on!I've never had any problem returning a tool at Sears.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "When my husband and I decided to remodel our bathroom we thought we'd check out our local Home Depot and Lowe's. We didn't see anything that caught our eye at..."
- "I was looking for replacement water heaters with a ten year service warranty from the original manufacture. After talking to a Lowes sale rep, I purchased two hot water heaters..."
- "On the Lowes Website, the Bristol Lowes has the James Hardee Cedarmill Lap Siding, Item # 26892 for $1.83. I wanted to buy 138 pieces, however the Bristol store..."
- "Many of Steven Zarelli's blogs bash PSA as an authentication firm. PSA has been one of the top authenticators with an unblemished reputation. This Anders sloppy signed FDC was given a..."
- "I got a call from a direct tv rep last week. I forgot to pay my bill the previous month, so they were calling to get the money I owed..."
- "Avoid!!! I had damage to my home from Hurricane Sandy and I had Unified do my roof. It took 6 months to install the roof. Luckily I held back on..."
- "I bought a refrigerator and stove in May 2015. The project stopped and only last week did I remove the cardboard box from the refrigerator. What I found was a..."
- "While shopping Sunday 10/4/2015 at Petsmart in West Long Branch, New Jersey (#0760) for calming products (ie ThunderShirt) and discovered MASSIVE amounts of RODENT *** on the shelves (along side..."
- "I was trying with 10$ and found that the prices on MT4 platform vs Prices on IQ options' platform differ alot. Its like the quotations are their own and not..."