Lowes - KOBALT TOOLS would not warranty product

1229 of 1548 Lowes Reviews
Mar 11, 2010
review #174436

The store in referance is located in Macon Georgia.On eisenhowser parkway.

I have spent thousands of dollars with lowes,I BUY AND REBUILD HOUSES,I HAVE ALWAYS PURCHASED all that was avalabe at lowes,including tools.

I have purchsed several Kobalt knives that has broken. Everytime that i would take one back to be warranty i would be told that i would have to replace it with the same style of tool.I have yet to have one replaced under warranty.today March 11 2010 was the last time that i tried.So i left all of the pieces of the knife all the way down the floor of the store.

It is not the consumers fault if lowes n o longer carries the same style of knife.Kobalt is only sold by lowes to my knowledge.Therefore the tool should be replced with the closest style in store.

if lowes cares about customers that has been a loyal customer since 1984 i would like to see this problem resolved.Otherwise i will start shopping at other places that are more customer oriented.

Just to let to whomever this concerns.That the check out person that i use the most name is ANGLE at the contractor end of store.She is always polite and professional.

65eb2fd
3.5
Had an experience with Lowes?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
Dickweed Destroyer

May 25 Flint, Michigan

Knife pieces all over the floor? That's great, dickweed. Some little kid walking through with his dad is going to pick that up and cut himself. You, Sir, are a ***.

Bob

Sep 13, 2013

Leaving the tools on the floor sounds pretty immature. Maybe next time you should contact the manufacturer like an adult, and not blame everything on the store, even if the Kobalt brand is specific only to Lowe's. Kobalt is the company who wrote the tiny-type on the warranty, not Lowe's. By the way, I spend thousands of dollars too.

anonymous

Mar 25

I suppose you do not understand frustration. It seems the norm these days, companies that don't stand behind the products, companies that discontinue products and provide no parts support. Junk (Kobalt) made in the far east, Lowe's *** pore attitude when dealing with customers. The fellow should have shoved the Knife up Lowe's ***. Your self righteous attitude is not shared by many.

escobar

Feb 14, 2013 Charleston, South Carolina

I just returned a Kobalt 1/2-in Standard (SAE) Ratcheting Wrench to Lowes and they scanned my mylowes card and gave me a new one ,easiest exchange ever!!!!

worker

Jan 17, 2013 San Marcos, Texas

Iam very disappointed in the new warranty, i bought lots of cobalt tools, well no more lowes for me. I should just continue buying from craftsman. Simple warranty procedure. It breaks you take it to your local store.

1 0 Reply
Mr .dissapointed.

Sep 17, 2012

I went to the lowes store to replace a kobalt measure tape and they were not able to replace it because i forgot mi ID at home ,I just dont get it how come you dont need an ID when you buy it first. :(

Tat

Aug 21, 2012

How the *** do you submit information online for a Newly purchased Kobalt tool? Can't find a *** thing which links me to a site for Kobalt corp.
What the *** kind of a deal is this?
Don't give a *** how good these tools might be, if you can't send in simple warranty info online without spending your life trying, it's not worth it.

jim2g

Jul 13, 2012

just bought kobalt socket set & went to register the set and phone number do"s not work sends you some where else& you can't do it on line ether,don't buy there tools I don't think there Around any more :sigh

mike p

May 31, 2012

have had several kobalt caulking guns replaced bt lowes was told no longet under warranty because it dosent say life time on yet kobalt adds say lifetime will not shop at lowes anymore

Mike

Apr 13, 2012

Buy Snap-Tools! kobalt tools are made to break

Brandon H

Feb 27, 2012

i just bought a kobalt cresent wrench and it fell appart the first 2 turns on a nut the center piece fell into my car and not i cann't reach it as a first time kobalt buyer this upsets me the product looked to be good quality the problem i found with it was that the pin to hold it togeather was not threaded when it was punched to it just fell out when i i turned the adjustment and if i being a first time buyer got a wrench like this how many more are out there?

Bob Johnson

Feb 11, 2012

I would like to start off by asking if anyone here has taken ESL? English as a second language? Only reason I ask there is ample amount of simple words misspelled. If you folks haven't learned by now YOU ALWAYS START AT THE TOP AND WORK YOUR WAY DOWN!!!!!!! Meaning: Notify the CEO not the store and you will see the red carpet come out for ya heee haw

bonedaddy

Jan 26, 2012

go to home depot get a husky knife it is guaranteed forever thats wat i had to do cause the kobalt is a piece of junk n dont lasthome depot stands behind thiers y dosnt lowes?????

Curt

Jan 01, 2012

I've never had a problem with Lowe's customer service. I have a Kobalt air wrench which went down after just several uses, which I fully expect to get a refund/credit/replacement.

Diggity

Dec 23, 2011

Cobalt tools are junk tried to remove a bolt with a cobalt bolt remvel kit the easy out broke and took 4 times as long to remove just to get back to the broken bolt

bpearce

Oct 26, 2011

i work at Lowes in returns dept and I warranty out Kobalt all day long. We do try to swap for same item to root-out dishonest people that steal from us as well as jobsites. If we dont have the same item we give store credit towards like product only. How would you like it if someone stole your kobalt tool and returned it for full store credit towards a grill or sold credit on line for crack?

shatfield350

Oct 04, 2011

Lifetime means Lifetime. No if's and's or buts. If Lowes won't stand behind Kobalt/their warranty, then we should never buy tools at Lowes!

Sears Associate Whom Sells CRA

Sep 05, 2011

:cry
sorry sir you probably should have come to Sears and bought a craftsman tool :P

Rick G

Mar 11, 2011

I has a Kobalt carpet knife break, it had a "lifetime"warranty. Of course the knife is discontinued just 8 months after purchase. Probably used the knife for 20 or 30 cuts. manager finally did replace with a different brand, but I had to talk to everyone and their brother first. Fact is Kobalt does not make good tools and they will break. The warranty is just a marketing ploy to get you to buy them. Its worthless when they wont honor it, or tools constantly are discontinued with a new model that since it isnt exactly the same, your out of luck unless the manager chooses to satisfy you. Craftsman has went downhill from past years. I own many Craftsman tools and return one maybe once every five years and now finding its discontinued. Like the tape measures. They stopped making Craftsman tape measures. Saws and hammers change. At least Sears hasn't given me any grief on exchanging for a different brand. You just lose the lifetime warranty now.

one bumed out mechanic

Feb 16, 2011

went to lowes exchange a broken ratchet and they would not do it so now i know why i went back to craftsman tool no questions asked they just replaced just like that when you put your name on a hand tool and warranty you should honor it. And it hand the name kobalt on it

Showing 1-20 of 29 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Lowes.
Filing a new complaint about
×