Lowes - KOBALT TOOLS would not warranty product

1630 of 1952 Lowes Reviews

The store in referance is located in Macon Georgia.On eisenhowser parkway.

I have spent thousands of dollars with lowes,I BUY AND REBUILD HOUSES,I HAVE ALWAYS PURCHASED all that was avalabe at lowes,including tools.

I have purchsed several Kobalt knives that has broken. Everytime that i would take one back to be warranty i would be told that i would have to replace it with the same style of tool.I have yet to have one replaced under warranty.today March 11 2010 was the last time that i tried.So i left all of the pieces of the knife all the way down the floor of the store.

It is not the consumers fault if lowes n o longer carries the same style of knife.Kobalt is only sold by lowes to my knowledge.Therefore the tool should be replced with the closest style in store.

if lowes cares about customers that has been a loyal customer since 1984 i would like to see this problem resolved.Otherwise i will start shopping at other places that are more customer oriented.

Just to let to whomever this concerns.That the check out person that i use the most name is ANGLE at the contractor end of store.She is always polite and professional.

review #174436
12 31 Helpful?
Had the same issue23 Comments42
Had an experience with Lowes?  Submit review about this company
1630 of 1952 Lowes Reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 30 #989607 Wrexham, Wales

Lifetime warranties do not cover abuses or misuses ......only defects from the production of the tools by the manufacturer..... Its not implied that it covers idiots using them (primitive peers we called them).

May 30 #989594 Kilmarnock, Scotland

If you say you forgot your id your either a crook or an *** as your always supposed to have it .....how did you get to the store ??hmmm a vehicle which requires a license to drive and that which is in your wallet.....did you forget that too......I say your a crook because even at Lowes you may not be bright enough to bring it but you also operated a vehicle without it .....case closed

May 30 #989590 Tennessee, United States

When will people who complain learn to spell words correctly ......ignorant

May 29 #989496

Craftsman tools are made in China ....Kobalt is made in Taiwan ....Sears no longer honors lifetime warrantys ....idk where people get that they do .....the product is far inferior to the quality the Company used to be known for and most people can't afford the products from Matco or Snap-on and if you have opened your eyes lately the Sears stores no longer carry the selection they used too ....anymore you have to order the product esp. specialty tools from a catalog instead of it being avail. in store like it used to be ....Kobalt doesn't have the selection it should as well mainly just the basics ....but I do know I have never had a problem with my local Lowes changing out a product of Kobalt under the lifetime warranty .....and unless your hiding from the law ....a simple asking of identification is trivial and not an offense .....be organized and keep your receipts mainly if your a business because its a write -off on taxes and you would have to prove that with a receipt anyway if audited .....so quit harping on them asking for id if you don't have a receipt ....esp since if you lost the original the return receipt that is generated when you take it back and you show your id ... it shows your name on the that receipt which is good enough as prove of purchase

May 29 #989455

We replace it with the closest style at the Moline Lowes in Illinois ...we even give you several choices and let you make the call .....those other Lowes stores don't understand the warranty apparently .....we stand behind our warranty here ....

Apr 23 #975887

I work for Lowe's. If we do not carry the same item anymore, we try to find a like item to exchange it with. My store has NEVER sent anyone away and not taken care of them if they had a Kobalt item. EVER. If you have to show your ID, it is because you didn't save your receipt. All returns at ALL Retailers require a receipt or VALID ID to return an item. The store reserves the right to process the return through the register and ask for ID, or they can simply exchange it over the counter. Each individual is different, so no two cashiers will do it the same. Most consumers don't realize that some house brands are made by more than one manufacturer. In the case of Kobalt items, each category is made by a different manufacturer....So, a drill could be made by someone who does not make our knives, or screw drivers. I'm sure if you are polite, do not cuss, and ask to speak with a manager, you will almost always get what you want.
As far as leaving knife parts on the floor of your local Lowe's.....that store will now see you as the "***" customer who has no value for the safety of other people.
1. Keep your receipts or sign up for MYLOWES
2. Always carry your ID on you. It's actually the law.
3. While we attempt to make every person happy, sometime we will not be able to if we get a "knife guy". "Knife guys" are never happy and create a big scene much like the "knife guy" in the post below.
4. If I *** you off, even after I have bent over backwards a given you
... Show more

2 0 Reply
Skeeter53

Apr 11 #970919 West Newton, Pennsylvania

I will not buy any more kobalt tools, because of there return tool policy, I used to buy a lot of tools from Lowes, every tool I took back to lowes I had to show my licences and sign a paper,I work in maintenance, I took tools back to Sears, tractor supply, And harbor freight, I got the new tool with no problem, I walk in with the broken tool found the new tool they scan the package and I walk out of the stores in less than 5 min., I just can not believe that Harbor freight has a better return tool policy then lowes, I keep buying tools from other places now,

May 29 #989487

Actually I work for sears and we do not warranty tools for life anymore ,so idk when you did that but we no longer do.

2 0 Reply
Craid Burch is dumb

Mar 26 #963861 Camp Lejeune, North Carolina

Craig Burch,
Did you call Kobalt? Did you call corporate? No you just left pieces of a knife on the floor for kids to get hurt on. Great one you don't sound at all smart so I am sure you did not contact anyone after you left your knife pieces on the floor. You were right when you said it is not the consumers fault if Lowe's does not carry that type of item anymore but it is also not Lowe's fault if Kobalt stops making that item. Think for a minute before you do *** stuff like leaving pieces of a knife lay around.

Dickweed Destroyer

May 25, 2014 #819827 Flint, Michigan

Knife pieces all over the floor? That's great, dickweed. Some little kid walking through with his dad is going to pick that up and cut himself. You, Sir, are a ***.

Bob

Sep 13, 2013 #716351

Leaving the tools on the floor sounds pretty immature. Maybe next time you should contact the manufacturer like an adult, and not blame everything on the store, even if the Kobalt brand is specific only to Lowe's. Kobalt is the company who wrote the tiny-type on the warranty, not Lowe's. By the way, I spend thousands of dollars too.

anonymous

Mar 25, 2014 #798729

I suppose you do not understand frustration. It seems the norm these days, companies that don't stand behind the products, companies that discontinue products and provide no parts support. Junk (Kobalt) made in the far east, Lowe's *** pore attitude when dealing with customers. The fellow should have shoved the Knife up Lowe's ***. Your self righteous attitude is not shared by many.

1 2 Reply

Jan 31 #939128 Mooresville, North Carolina

i actually work for lowes in the tools department, the warranty is actually done thru the mfg. Lowes actually only has to take it back with in the first 90 days. After that we dont have to take it back at all the lifetime warranty is thru the mfg.

0 1 Reply

May 29 #989490

Actually the Lowes store honors the warranty through either store or manufacturer..... The warranty is a lifetime no hassle warranty and with proper training the stores that do it correctly do not have any issues with it ......if kobalt no longer makes the tool the customer can get a replacement tool that is similar even if price is higher .....we always want to give the customer the better value and its the right thing to do regardless .....training is everything in order to avoid problems with any warranty .

escobar

Feb 14, 2013 #609085 Charleston, South Carolina

I just returned a Kobalt 1/2-in Standard (SAE) Ratcheting Wrench to Lowes and they scanned my mylowes card and gave me a new one ,easiest exchange ever!!!!

worker

Jan 17, 2013 #594745 San Marcos, Texas

Iam very disappointed in the new warranty, i bought lots of cobalt tools, well no more lowes for me. I should just continue buying from craftsman. Simple warranty procedure. It breaks you take it to your local store.

Mr .dissapointed.

Sep 17, 2012 #543376

I went to the lowes store to replace a kobalt measure tape and they were not able to replace it because i forgot mi ID at home ,I just dont get it how come you dont need an ID when you buy it first. :(

Jatter

Feb 04 #940883 Melbourne, Florida

If you have your receipt, have the card used to purchase the tape, or use your mylowes card, they can look up the transaction. If not, it's standard practice at any retail store that you present your ID so they can take down your info and give you credit/money back. While they probably could have done an even swap...why wouldn't you have your ID on you? Seems pretty dumb.

Honest Lee

May 30 #989589 Tennessee, United States

Because you don't have your receipt you *** ,common sense when you buy something that says lifetime warranty you save the receipt ......look at Bostitch with their 100 yr..warranty on their tape measure .
Without the receipt I guarantee they wouldn't replace it 50 yes let alone 100 yrs......Lowes or any store out there is not there to babysit the people who don't get it or too hold your hand in your life if your just plain ignorant and think you don't need a receipt for anything lifetime regardless of warranty ......if you don't have a receipt the odds are the product may be or may not be yours and you just found it in the garbage or or yard sale or are just a plain crook and try and take advantage of businesses lifetime warranties and when you don't play by the rules( now listen up ) you cry about it ....until you get your way ........grow up and stop crying about it ......you don't keep the receipt you don't get the warranty ....you keep the receipt there's no need to show identification .....class over !!!

Tat

Aug 21, 2012 #532050

How the *** do you submit information online for a Newly purchased Kobalt tool? Can't find a *** thing which links me to a site for Kobalt corp.
What the *** kind of a deal is this?
Don't give a *** how good these tools might be, if you can't send in simple warranty info online without spending your life trying, it's not worth it.

0 0 Reply

1-20 of 42 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Lowes.
Filing a new complaint about
×