lowes ex employee

1325 of 1549 Lowes Reviews
Jul 15, 2009
review #151094

I am an ex employee of Lowe's I worked there for well over a year and put in a lot of time and effort. I took my job seriously and went out of my way to prove that. I came to work sick with the flu or any other illness and waited until i was sent home verses calling in to work.

The time where I had to call and not be at work for a few days was when I had gone to the doctors after acquiring a head injury. I came back to work a few days later with my doctors note that I handed to HR i worked that day and the next day and got fired a few days later for absenteeism. even though I had a doctors note the store manager told me it didnt matter.

I was out with a head injury did they seriously think that I was able to perform my daily tasks when i was constantly dizzy and blacking out ?

horrible treatment to their employees. and If i was so wrong that I got fired how come i am the only one from that store who had fired who was approved for un employment??? no one else got it in that store the hr manager prides herself in fighting unemployment but they knew they were wrong and didnt fight me

6787f3f
1.6
Had an experience with Lowes?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
dogboy369

May 29

I worked Lowes going on 5 year at store 2624 the store.after reading this page I hadn't realize that every store is about the same. I got fired 2 week ago. At 2624 the stock crew started work at 4am I was the only man on that shift. This shift change didn't start untill February of this year 4 out the 5 years my employment my was to unload the trucks and put up freight. The other employs had to help out when they came in. Now this was a part time job so the hours were no more than 5and a half a day. Well the department manager complained so much till the store manager finally changed it. She hired 4 new employes to unload at night and we had to stock it from 4am to 10am. Now Thur all this I was the only man in the team of 4.I'm not saying women don't work but the camera don't lie. I worked hard every day "Mr happy go lucky" as some would say. I was turned down on a full time unloader and full time stocker. My manager knew for shore that I would get the full time position each time I applied. The store manager both times hired some one with no experience. Thur all this I keep my head up high didn't let it bother me until I started noticing the store manager working with the females only. See at 2624 the manager is ***. I guess I should have nown what I was getting into that day when she hired me.I always figured if u work hard ur get ahead. Well let me get back to my complait I got fired cause of my tardy I amit I was late a often o boy did the mod have a fit when I was... Show more

Suzy

Mar 26 Ponca City, Oklahoma

I worked for Llowes years ago & had no problems there. Then last year I went to work for one season again & found it had completely changed. I got sick of all the BS I too went to eork sick with an infected tooth that had one side of my face swollen to the point one eye was swollen shut. No manger sent me home, just rude remarks. I don't even shope there anymore.

Rick

Oct 11, 2013 Burlington, Iowa

I worked as a vendor at Lowe's for a couple of month's, 'til I couldn't stand it any longer. The managers were all total jerks. When in the break room, no one spoke more than a few words, 'cuz what you said would find its way to the top. Employees would get fired for swearing, so they'd call each other names of store managers, to get the desired effect.

One Saturday, I found some returned, used riding mowers blocking my work area. They had been sent out to a mower shop for repairs, now here they sat in my work area with dead batteries and flat tires. I asked the store manager if he wanted me to shove them outside to get them out of the way. He said fix them, then put them out front to sell at the original price. I told him Huffy's contract forbid me to make repairs on used power outdoor equipment. He blew his cork and said if I didn't have anything else to do, I could go home. No problem.

As I was shutting down my workplace computer. I notice the big man was on his cell as usual. He was over near the the electric material lifts sitting near their charging stations. All hooked up in a safety harness and latched onto the roll cage of one doodlebug, yet he unhooked the freshly charged battery and made ready the doodle bug next to the one he was tethered to. Still blabbing on his store cell, he took off full bore. Well, the cable of the safety tether soon snatched him off hard and slammed him to the concrete floor! I grabbed my
... Show more

Sick

Aug 23, 2013

I too was hurt on April of this year. After 2 months, Lowes workers comp denied my claim, saying i was hurt over a year ago. I was, LIFTING WATER HEATERS FOR LOWES!!!!. I was also refused right to have specialist of my choice examine me. Now as a consumer, after seasonal department manager told me to return and get exchange on pressure washer I purchased, Lowes admin manager at this store refused to honor the decision of the department manager and said it would have to be sent for repairs. IT WORKED ONLY 1 TIME!!!!!!!! I EVEN PURCHASED EXTENDED WARRANTY AND BOUGHT REPAIR PARTS OUT OF MY OWN POCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Aug 22, 2013 Richardson, Texas

Dont get hurt on the job at Lowes. they wont pay. Hurt my back at work they lied said not work related. *** holes.

Aug 22, 2013 Richardson, Texas

Lowes is totally corporate BS. they play favoritism, ASM's and all managers come and go as they please, but no one else can. They pile up more work than you can handle. No matter how much you do it is never enough. They complment you but tell you need to do better and more, raises dont exist and SSEI is never the full amount. Cant wait to leave Lowes....

bonedfromabove

Sep 01, 2013 Chicago, Illinois

You got that right!!! I put in 12 years and got the shaft, new store manager brought in one of his yes men from the store he came from. No matter what you do it is not good enough. I was a loyal hard working department manager for many years never a problem in the 7 store managers before all liked what I was doing then this guy writes me up for poor job performance!! I left said the *** with them and am better for it.

lowes employee

Mar 19, 2013 Denver, Colorado

after 10.5 years with the company and 5 stores, i can say if you got fired, you MESSED UP, i have seen SO MANY PEOPLE that should have gotten fired, but didnt because they didnt officially "break" a lowe's rule. i have been sexually harassed and had friends harassed but because it wasnt on camera and it was my word against his, and THAT dude still works there.... you obviously *** up!!!!!!!!!!!!

NND1

Feb 04, 2013 Richardson, Texas

I worked for Lowes from 2007 to 2012, like everyone there I worked far and beyond my position. I went from being a loader to being on delivery I personally trained 2 generations of delivery drivers for that store not mention in dealing with some of the most problematic customers they had there with extreme professionalism. I was always the last one to leave when it came to trying to get all the deliveries done while others tried to get out of work. Lowe's management system is terrible we had a good store manager at one point then we get some egotistical meat-head that only talks to good looking women and will pretty much ignore all other customers. Whenever our team was having problems he would simply compare them to his own without seeing any thought of compromise.I was given a special position in delivery by the previous manager and while I wasn't delivery MGR I it was my job to take over for him when he wasn't around. Close to the end of july I was riding with one of our drivers when he sideswiped a crepe myrtle and broke the mirror of the truck I told him to report it in which in turn he wrote a note and left it for our supervisor in the morning come to find out next morning our Supervisor is up in arms about him leaving a note even though he had did it before and left a note about it stating his statement on what happened and they happily accepted it. Thanks to that I got put on final notice for being in the truck with him when it happened and then 2 months later I get... Show more

carlos moore

Jan 29, 2013 Cleburne, Texas

I worked for Lowes from 2000 to 2013 on 1/23/2013 I was fired attendance I put in some hard work and made them lots of money I went form being a delivery driver to the department manager 4 51/2 years the store I came from was a good one but the one I transferred to was fup from the day t I started. Theer the reason. transferred they opened a store not far from my house I went from 86miles to just 36 miles the store they call the 2220 all my friends use to ask me if they were hiring. I would tell them yes but ones I got to the new store I was like no u don't want to work for Lowes I wish I had never transferred from the one I started at I'm glad that I was fired now I don't have to fill like I'm walking on eggshell anymore and I fell for the ones that are still working there they tell me that they are sorry I tell them don't be sorry be glad I don't have to put up with the *** anymore and. now I can take the vacation with my family always dreamed of ill be getting my 401 from there and ill be good till I find me something else.

tnslp2tso

Dec 17, 2012 Phoenix, Arizona

i worked at a lowes somewhere in az ..at first it was wondeful the store manager was cool about almost everything i knew i was in the right spot when even he would go out there to get carts or even clean the bathroom..dont know much about how the system works but some how he got fired and then *** rolled down hill,one of the *** asm was left with whatever the *** was going on and i guess it was too much for him cause he was stressing out about everything and he was easily confused by *** stuff i think he is mentally challenged cause *** just stare at you when you asked him something and say "WHAT" with that *** look on his face that only he can do. but everyone there was lazy as *** besides the guy who trained me and one of the co-workers that basically only him and me would carry the whole work load , every one else dragged their lazy *** the whole dam time getting a free paycheck wasting the companys time just showing how much of a scumbags they were,for the most part there are several sales associates who arent worth a dam for example islg costumer rep. that starts with a "i' now hes in plbf ..every one that worked with him says hes a lazy piece of *** ,and he is sorry excuse for a person...besides him and maybe two other scumbags every one else handled their ***,i hated working at this sorry excuse for a store and i hope all the scubags get fired and to hire some one who actually wants to work..f#$ck lowes!!!!!!!!!!!

0 0 Reply
not a safe environment to work

Nov 14, 2012

OSHA needs to step in and speak to lowes, employes needs resources to their jobs, we need gloves, back-belts, eye and ear protection, lowes spray paint their beans during the day with customers around inside the building, no mask for the psa, treated lumber needs to be kept outside the store not inside, saw-dust is not contained, employes using power equipment without proper training, corporate was inform about this and they chose to keep quite

psa

Feb 02, 2013

Not sure about ur store. But we have always been required to wear all forms of protection, or else risk termination. Also, as of Dec 2012. No aerosol as allowed at all.

dm for lowes

Nov 14, 2012 Miami, Florida

lowes will always be second to home depot. shareholders will lose their money in this company run by idiots. lowes focus more in appearance and looks that in making sales and their numbers and all this with minimum staff, doing nothing but tasking instead of sales, unpractical resets, this company is ok to work if you settle for a paycheck. the most ridiculous acts is to prepare a store for a walk by a visit, hiding the real issues. compare to home depot, lowes is a reactive company not a proactive.
OSHA should pay more attention to this company where employe health is put at risk every day: treated lumber cut inside the store, no over time after 40 hours, safety violation by discarding paint, gas, cleaners in the compactor, florescent, light, employes handling customers info and credit cards info, no training for the employes, HR policies breach by not doing interviews and hiring their friends, unbalance ratio of different races.

to the sea of seamless is what this company is going.

what do you think happened when spiff whats cut, staff reduce, mod fired, customers see this and they leave, employees don't treat customers right, yeah their aisle look bigger and cleaner but there is no help in the store while the home depot down the block has 3 employes helping in one department.

lowes is going the same path circuit city went, self inflected wounds, employes bringing down the company little by little

... Show more

Juan Macias

Sep 11, 2012

Cuz I eat bug of cips that where damage and I got fired and the HR eat some to and the clerk and I gat fired that's not cool been there for 4yers 1620store what do I do let me know juanyou123@yahoo.com

selanie

Aug 10, 2012

i worked for lowes for 6 yrs and was fired for being late numerous times because my car broke down and i would have to walk to work at 3 am in the morning or get rides from other employees that was consistently late. before my car broke down i was never late. lowes does not take care of their employees. they use to. they have taken all the bonuses away etc. etc. and i believe i was singled out because of how much money i was making. more than some dept. managers. also quite a few other employees i know for sure were late every single day. and they still work their. so if they want to give you a big raise. i suggest to say no. lol i will never ever shop at lowes. and i pass the word onto all. LOWES DOES NOT TAKE CARE OF EMPLOYEES.

David

Jul 28, 2012

"Let's build something together" LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL they do not have anyone in their store that really know anything

Denise ,laurinburg nc  #2564

Jul 10, 2012

I work for lowes for 7 years.Loved the job at first,Every 2 yrs they changed managers each worse then before and the HR really called the shots,If she did not like you ,she found away to get rid of you.It happeden to me ,she accussed me of stealing beacuse the snack machine gave 2 for one.She even had people make statements, some did not even work the day in question.She had me rewrite my statment because she said it did make since.So when i rewrote it I left out the fact that a ASM said he did not care if the machine was broke and did not belong to LOWES.The ASM. even got snacks that day.So they fired me over a snack.It is wrong to just take the word of others workers. No one checked me when I went out the door ,it was said I took many items out the door ,there was nothing on the camera.This company needs to learn how o treat there employes,they work you to hard for what they pay.

Eres

Jul 04, 2012

Since you have the type with the side springs, it's sawhmeot easier. Raise the door and remove the springs and cables. You will need a friend or two to lower the door back down. Now you can begin to disassemble the old door starting with the uppermost panel and work your way down. Do not take apart the tracks. Now start assembling your new door bottom panel first, then work your way up. Lift the door all the way up and support it with a 2 4 or other suitable prop. Re attach the springs and cables.

Showing 1-20 of 163 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Lowes.
Filing a new complaint about
×