Lowes is the worse place to work at.

1194 of 1665 Lowes Reviews
Aug 24, 2010
review #195539

I worked the loews in Fresno CA and let me tell you that was the worse job! When i was first hired i was never told how many days you can miss, when you start getting vacation, holiday pay or anything. When i asked a head cashier or my supervisor i never got the same answer. Then there were days i worked a 6 hr shift and only received one 15 min brake. I called a head cashier and told them i needed a brake and all they ever said is "OK i will try and send someone", that never happened. So i told my supervisor about it and he didn't care, and i never even got paid for it. Pay roll person said it will be on the next check but it was not.

Not receiving my brakes happened to me 8 different time my whole 7 months working their. Then one day i was working a closing shift and i felt sick all of a sudden and told my head cashier i was going to get sick. So i ran into the bathroom not even making it i thew up. Several of my co-workers saw me get sick and go into the bathroom. So after that i walked up to my supervisor and told him i got sick and needed to go home. He looked at a head cashier by him and said "did you just hear what she said? she wants to go home" and laughed. Then yelled at me and said " your not sick your just hungover you can stay". Well for one i was not even 21 at the time and i was actually sick. So i told him no I'm going home i get a doctors note. That was my first time ever going home, i never missed a day of work. If my supervisor did not like you he would show it and treat you like ***. Then the HR manager was just as bad .

I got married and changed my name and went to my hr and asked her if she could change it with Lowe's. She told me you need to make copies and i said i already did. Then she said well i have alot to do right now so come back later. I came back 3 times and still it was never done. I later found out if she dose not like you she wont help you. She also seemed to be very fond if your male. Their was this cashier working who dyed her hair with red highlights and the hr told her that's against dress code she had to wear a had. The phone operators daughter who worked their also had the same color hair but never got told anything and didn't have to wear a hat. Just because she was good friends with management and HR.

I feel that lowe's in Fresno ca is the most unorganized, hostel, law breaking place to work at. Its not only the store its the whole company. I called lowe's corp 3 times about not receiving brakes and they didn't seem to care nothing was ever done. So i quit and i tell be to think twice before applying at lowe's!!!!!!

afd5dbe
Had an experience with Lowes?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
1194 of 1665 Lowes Reviews
Phillip

Oct 20

I have worked for Lowe's for over 4 yrs. I have worked in 3 stores and been a department supervisor over every dept in zone 3. In one store was over all 5 depts in zone 3 at once. I know everyone at some point hates their job, But to say is the worst place to work is so far from the truth. I honestly think if you take advantage of everything Lowe's teaches you, and offers it is a very good company. Where else can you get such awesome benefits?? I make $7 more an hr then I did at Home Depot for the same position. You wont always get along with your supervisor, ASM, Or SM. But if you work hard, strive to succeed and are willing to work hard and learn, then you can move up. All I can say is if you hate working for Lowe's any of you...Quit!! No one makes you stay, And if you hate your job that bad I am sure your work refects it, and no one wants you there anyways. So do everyone a favor...

Lowessalesspecialist

Oct 04

While I have to agree about the grammar and usage in this individual's review, my experience as a multi-year employee at Lowe's makes me sympathetic to her situation. The corporate culture in this company in one of extreme favoritism, from top to bottom. If you're "in" with management, you can get away with things that would get anybody else fired (I mean this quite literally, as I have personally witnessed many examples of management and their friends doing things for which they have recently fired other employees they did not care for). My store recently went through a complete managerial shift in which corporate basically came in and forced all of the Assistant Store Managers to transfer to other stores, while firing the Store Manager and HR Manager. The previous management crew was a great team to work with. Since the change, we have had nearly 50% turnover in my store, partially from utterly senseless firings, partially from people who don't like the sword dangling above their heads every single day quitting and moving on. When I first came to work for Lowe's, it was the best company I had ever worked for, and it is now by far the worst.

Jul 25 Amarillo, Texas

Firstly , I would greatly appreciate that if you're (notice it's the correct form) going to make a point you do so in a well thought manner. This often requires one to use proper syntax and grammar.
Second , it is indicative of Lowe's policy to only give you ONE 15 minute break ( notice once again the correct usage ) per 6 hour shift and it is not guaranteed. With that being said ma'am , I hope you will be more successful in your further efforts which should also include a freshmen English comp course

0 2 Reply
First Born Triplet

Jul 25

Who cares about the spelling and grammar, we know what this person is talking about. Not to mentio speaking about correct grammar you forgot the period in your last sentence. Just saying.

3 0 Reply
Albert

Jul 11 Reno, Nevada

Luckily for you, you can't even master the English language. Want some fries with your #swag?

1 1 Reply

Jul 04

First, learn how to write correctly.

2 1 Reply

Apr 13

Your grammar denotes your level of education. Frankly, I think you're not very trustworthy and probably complain too much.

2 1 Reply

Apr 14

F.U. University
I have my degree 2 fingers for U (also)

1 0 Reply
Ricardo

Feb 07 Floyd, Virginia

Sounds like your situation is an isolated case. I currently work for Lowe's, and I also worked for Lowe's in 1999; when I had a near fatal automobile accident. I was in intensive care, and wasn't aware of any of this until I was discharged; My pay continued, my grown children were out of state, Lowe's contacted my kids, and my immediate supervisor, and next in command came to the hospital,informed my kids that if "They needed anything!" to let them know.
Sounds like you are one of those looking for an excuse for your "LACK" of responsibility, and ownership of your personal behavior(s).
Maybe "rethink" your life!
Ricardo

Dec 04, 2013

lowes is the best place I ever worked, maybe you should report those people instead of letting them *** you, kind of makes sense there are plenty of laws in place to cover employees maybe if you took the time to look them up you wouldn't have that problem and could rid that store of the bad managers. try working for a grocery store you'd be begging for your job back at lowes

MajinMareg

Nov 26, 2013 Altoona, Alabama

I don't think it's lowes problem you don't get brakes. They don't even sell car parts. I work at lowes and love it. Good pay and benefits, reasonable expectations, and management has never been a problem. I do my job well and am well liked. Best company I have worked for yet, hands down.

1 1 Reply
Private Contractor

Oct 24, 2013

Contractor for Lowe's. They call our crew for all the difficult and important installations/builds. We have a great customer satisfaction rating. It's funny how they fail to register your name for a particular job type, even after hiring you to do the work, all the way up until the job has been done for over a month. This means you finish a contract but don't get paid for the work until 5-6 WEEKS later. But god help you if you're in the middle of an install and cannot answer the phone immediately. I work with every store in my state, barring two locations. They ALL have this problem. How on earth can you HIRE someone for a job and not approve them for that until AFTER it's been done for over a MONTH? Only one store here has it together and doesn't commit this act of stupidity. Bottom line, they wont have installers for much longer if they continue to treat us this way.

Idk

Sep 13, 2013

I'm a manager at Lowe's and if this guy would have ever asked me how many days he was allowed to be absent he would instantly be on my sh*t list. I don't know how he made it through the interview process. He used brake instead of break! ***

winemagnet

Sep 18, 2013

I agree with what you said about this employee but if you are a manager or assistant manager at Lowe's you are also an ***. What a low life job. You are either uneducated or have a low IQ to do what you do.

skinny Dave

Sep 14 Mountain Home, Arkansas

Lowe's sucks. The Management team is really bad at my store. We have become Lowe's - Mart. The store manager was really good at one time. Then she hired an HR Manager that thinks she runs the show. A use to be dept. manager from Wally world. Bottom line they do not care about the people that work under them. The store manager needs to take her store back. Tell the HR Manager and the ASM That she is the boss. I love what I do here at Lowe's but there are a couple of managers that need to be put in there place.

Aug 21, 2013 Newburgh, New York

I work at Lowe's in Llyod New York and have been there little over a Month and personally I love it. The employees are all friendly and talkative, and its real laid back. No fighting, no drama, just good vibes.

Ex lowes employee

Jul 02, 2013 Fresno, California

I worked thier at the same time I know who the cashier was who dyed her hair and the phone operators daughter is. I was a head cashier and it was just as bad for me too. The managers are jerks and a lot of the cashiers were always trying to come up with excuses not to work, the hr is awful. Managers were always trying to fire people, the customers were the rudest and most disrespectful customers I have ever felt with. The list goes on and on I finally quit last year and have never looked back.

1 0 Reply

1-20 of 60 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Lowes.
Filing a new complaint about
×