Lowes is the worse place to work at.

1079 of 1547 Lowes Reviews
Aug 24, 2010
review #195539

I worked the loews in Fresno CA and let me tell you that was the worse job! When i was first hired i was never told how many days you can miss, when you start getting vacation, holiday pay or anything. When i asked a head cashier or my supervisor i never got the same answer. Then there were days i worked a 6 hr shift and only received one 15 min brake. I called a head cashier and told them i needed a brake and all they ever said is "OK i will try and send someone", that never happened. So i told my supervisor about it and he didn't care, and i never even got paid for it. Pay roll person said it will be on the next check but it was not.

Not receiving my brakes happened to me 8 different time my whole 7 months working their. Then one day i was working a closing shift and i felt sick all of a sudden and told my head cashier i was going to get sick. So i ran into the bathroom not even making it i thew up. Several of my co-workers saw me get sick and go into the bathroom. So after that i walked up to my supervisor and told him i got sick and needed to go home. He looked at a head cashier by him and said "did you just hear what she said? she wants to go home" and laughed. Then yelled at me and said " your not sick your just hungover you can stay". Well for one i was not even 21 at the time and i was actually sick. So i told him no I'm going home i get a doctors note. That was my first time ever going home, i never missed a day of work. If my supervisor did not like you he would show it and treat you like ***. Then the HR manager was just as bad .

I got married and changed my name and went to my hr and asked her if she could change it with Lowe's. She told me you need to make copies and i said i already did. Then she said well i have alot to do right now so come back later. I came back 3 times and still it was never done. I later found out if she dose not like you she wont help you. She also seemed to be very fond if your male. Their was this cashier working who dyed her hair with red highlights and the hr told her that's against dress code she had to wear a had. The phone operators daughter who worked their also had the same color hair but never got told anything and didn't have to wear a hat. Just because she was good friends with management and HR.

I feel that lowe's in Fresno ca is the most unorganized, hostel, law breaking place to work at. Its not only the store its the whole company. I called lowe's corp 3 times about not receiving brakes and they didn't seem to care nothing was ever done. So i quit and i tell be to think twice before applying at lowe's!!!!!!

652495d
0.6
Had an experience with Lowes?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA

Jul 25 Amarillo, Texas

Firstly , I would greatly appreciate that if you're (notice it's the correct form) going to make a point you do so in a well thought manner. This often requires one to use proper syntax and grammar.
Second , it is indicative of Lowe's policy to only give you ONE 15 minute break ( notice once again the correct usage ) per 6 hour shift and it is not guaranteed. With that being said ma'am , I hope you will be more successful in your further efforts which should also include a freshmen English comp course

First Born Triplet

Jul 25

Who cares about the spelling and grammar, we know what this person is talking about. Not to mentio speaking about correct grammar you forgot the period in your last sentence. Just saying.

Albert

Jul 11 Reno, Nevada

Luckily for you, you can't even master the English language. Want some fries with your #swag?

Jul 04

First, learn how to write correctly.

2 0 Reply

Apr 13

Your grammar denotes your level of education. Frankly, I think you're not very trustworthy and probably complain too much.

2 0 Reply

Apr 14

F.U. University
I have my degree 2 fingers for U (also)

Ricardo

Feb 07 Floyd, Virginia

Sounds like your situation is an isolated case. I currently work for Lowe's, and I also worked for Lowe's in 1999; when I had a near fatal automobile accident. I was in intensive care, and wasn't aware of any of this until I was discharged; My pay continued, my grown children were out of state, Lowe's contacted my kids, and my immediate supervisor, and next in command came to the hospital,informed my kids that if "They needed anything!" to let them know.
Sounds like you are one of those looking for an excuse for your "LACK" of responsibility, and ownership of your personal behavior(s).
Maybe "rethink" your life!
Ricardo

Dec 04, 2013

lowes is the best place I ever worked, maybe you should report those people instead of letting them *** you, kind of makes sense there are plenty of laws in place to cover employees maybe if you took the time to look them up you wouldn't have that problem and could rid that store of the bad managers. try working for a grocery store you'd be begging for your job back at lowes

MajinMareg

Nov 26, 2013 Altoona, Alabama

I don't think it's lowes problem you don't get brakes. They don't even sell car parts. I work at lowes and love it. Good pay and benefits, reasonable expectations, and management has never been a problem. I do my job well and am well liked. Best company I have worked for yet, hands down.

Private Contractor

Oct 24, 2013

Contractor for Lowe's. They call our crew for all the difficult and important installations/builds. We have a great customer satisfaction rating. It's funny how they fail to register your name for a particular job type, even after hiring you to do the work, all the way up until the job has been done for over a month. This means you finish a contract but don't get paid for the work until 5-6 WEEKS later. But god help you if you're in the middle of an install and cannot answer the phone immediately. I work with every store in my state, barring two locations. They ALL have this problem. How on earth can you HIRE someone for a job and not approve them for that until AFTER it's been done for over a MONTH? Only one store here has it together and doesn't commit this act of stupidity. Bottom line, they wont have installers for much longer if they continue to treat us this way.

Idk

Sep 13, 2013

I'm a manager at Lowe's and if this guy would have ever asked me how many days he was allowed to be absent he would instantly be on my sh*t list. I don't know how he made it through the interview process. He used brake instead of break! ***

winemagnet

Sep 18, 2013

I agree with what you said about this employee but if you are a manager or assistant manager at Lowe's you are also an ***. What a low life job. You are either uneducated or have a low IQ to do what you do.

Aug 21, 2013 Newburgh, New York

I work at Lowe's in Llyod New York and have been there little over a Month and personally I love it. The employees are all friendly and talkative, and its real laid back. No fighting, no drama, just good vibes.

Ex lowes employee

Jul 02, 2013 Fresno, California

I worked thier at the same time I know who the cashier was who dyed her hair and the phone operators daughter is. I was a head cashier and it was just as bad for me too. The managers are jerks and a lot of the cashiers were always trying to come up with excuses not to work, the hr is awful. Managers were always trying to fire people, the customers were the rudest and most disrespectful customers I have ever felt with. The list goes on and on I finally quit last year and have never looked back.

realistic thinker

Jun 25, 2013 Mesquite, Texas

Any company with multiple locations will have multiple personalities running them and multiple personalities working under the various managers. Of course there will be good ones and bad ones. This isn't rocket science folks. it also isn't indicative of a whole company. I've worked for Lowes for 14 years and the company has always taken care of me. Rather it be time missed for out of work injuries or making changes to my insurance to include my non married but live in spouse. 401k company match to 4 weeks of vacation next year (3 weeks currently). Anyone who blames their problems on a location or 2 simply is NOT a realistic thinker.

stormy

Nov 22, 2013

You have a charmed life at Lowes then, but there are some Lowes stores that treat their employees not very well. If the manager likes you, you will have a good experience, if they do not like you, they will treat you awful!

Showing 1-20 of 54 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Lowes.
Filing a new complaint about
×