Lowes scams you on zero financing
Last year, I did the 0% APR financing promotion at Lowes and did several purchases, thinking that if I paid $100 each month, I would eventually pay off the amount with no finance charges. I was dead wrong. So this is how Lowes 0% APR works. Each month, they applied 90% of my payments to the most recent promotion, and 10% to the earlier ones. This way, when the earlier promotions expired, they charged me with bigger finance fee because the balance on the older promotion is higher. I called their 1800's # and explained the situation to them. They turned around and told me that I should have known better that I should have called them re how to apply the payments. When I asked if they can waive the $100 finance charges if I paid the balance amount in full, they told me that the promotions already expired 2 months ago and they can't do anything.
Funny thing is I also have the same situation with Home Depot card, but with them it's a $1000 finance charge. When I called Home Depot and asked them if they would waive the $1000 interest fee. They told me if I paid balance amount in full, they would waive the fee. Again, this was 2 months after the promotion have been expired. I paid the full balance on the phone and a week later, not only did the $1000 finance was waived, but also the extra month of $89 was also waived as well.
I closed my account with Lowes and vowed never to user their credit card service again. Lowes was willing to loose a customer on a $100 fee, but Home Depot was willing to retain a customer by loosing a $1000 fee. I now know who is a better company.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased kitchen and dining room floor tile from Lowes and contracted with them for the installation.The tile was laid the wrong way and the tile was laid unevenly. ..."
- "In the process of having hard wood floors installed by lowes when we 1st spoke I told them I was sure was water damage I was it would be take..."
- "I was a PSE for Lowe’s in Poughkeepsie, NY. I was fired on May 16th 2014. I feel there was a grave injustice given to me because of some..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "These types of operations routinely make unsubstantiated demands. They don't even know if it's the right person or if they even owe money. This office is connected to..."
- "My Name is Maryann I am a real person. I am hear to defend Johnny The Healer! After seeing these horrible lies about Johnny the Healer i had to..."
- "Out of state buyer , invited to site by construction manager . Upon arrival construction manager unavalible . Lots of defective and unacceptable workmanship observed by buyer . At seven..."
- "I purchased these lights in December and they worked great. I had lots of compliments on them. The passenger halo ring went partially out after 3 weeks. I had..."
- "Most *** poor dental service in michigan at mt.pleasant aspen butcher shop/the dentures they make are bottom of the barrel not properly made forms are took by kids with no..."