Lowes scams you on zero financing
Last year, I did the 0% APR financing promotion at Lowes and did several purchases, thinking that if I paid $100 each month, I would eventually pay off the amount with no finance charges. I was dead wrong. So this is how Lowes 0% APR works. Each month, they applied 90% of my payments to the most recent promotion, and 10% to the earlier ones. This way, when the earlier promotions expired, they charged me with bigger finance fee because the balance on the older promotion is higher. I called their 1800's # and explained the situation to them. They turned around and told me that I should have known better that I should have called them re how to apply the payments. When I asked if they can waive the $100 finance charges if I paid the balance amount in full, they told me that the promotions already expired 2 months ago and they can't do anything.
Funny thing is I also have the same situation with Home Depot card, but with them it's a $1000 finance charge. When I called Home Depot and asked them if they would waive the $1000 interest fee. They told me if I paid balance amount in full, they would waive the fee. Again, this was 2 months after the promotion have been expired. I paid the full balance on the phone and a week later, not only did the $1000 finance was waived, but also the extra month of $89 was also waived as well.
I closed my account with Lowes and vowed never to user their credit card service again. Lowes was willing to loose a customer on a $100 fee, but Home Depot was willing to retain a customer by loosing a $1000 fee. I now know who is a better company.review #484424
You may also like
- "Ordered a light fixture Item #: 411817 Model #: 1271 SN, which is pictured on line as a 3 light fixture. I received a single light fixture. I called the..."
- "Tried to update my account info [specifically my email address] on CareCredit.com/cardholder. Had my username but not my password. Clicked "forgot password" - received message: "check your email for a..."
- "I purchased my GE glass-top stove in June of 2012 but didn't start using it as I was still renovating my home. Once I started cooking I noticed the seal..."
- "Very disappointed . The costumer service is so disrespectful . The picture will say for itself. ..."
- "This video shows the un boxing of DiMeo plants that were to be three to four feet tall. The man in the video order plants from DiMeo and was in..."
- "I received dress on March 24, 2015 promptly. Dress is wrong size and ruffle edges unfinished and popping out. I immediately provided proof Picture of lower front ruffle between..."
- "I have been on a 1200-1500 calorie diet for 2 years and exercising almost daily. I have lost 75lbs. For my last 30 or so pounds I thought I would..."
- "I bought there product that offers a 90 day manufacturers warranty. After 40 days the vaporizer wont take a charge. Have tried to contact several times with no response. They..."
- "........................AT ZAPTECH SOLUTIONS ----------- WE WORK HARD- WE PLAY HARD - WE PARTY HARD !!! ITS DIFFICULT TO WORK WITH ZAPTECH SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WHO BORN WEEK AND DREAM WEAK. NO PLACE..."