Lowes - purchased a new wood flood and installation

217 of 1654 Lowes Reviews
Apr 15
review #483011

the installers were great - everything was great - Until we got to the end. after all was finished, we ended up with 2 1/2 boxes of flooring material. I understand the need for extra, in case, but.....

I brought the two untouched boxes back and got a refund - no prob.

When I asked about a refund on the installation charge - I was told, we don't do that. Their explaination was - that's standard practice.

Truth - the store wants to charge extra - they order extra material, charge for the installation and ......

Luckily, we told the installer to leave the boxes or we would have lost that money too.. Lowes way of looking at it - charge an extra $100 for something they did not do, no big deal, tell them everybody does it...

ab11629
Had an experience with Lowes?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
217 of 1654 Lowes Reviews
Come on

Apr 26

If your installers took the material, standard practive would have been for them to take it to the store and have the refund credited back to your card. They were trying to save you a trip. Labor is charged based on the square footage of the area. Measure your room. Multiply by install rate. It's that easy. 10% extra product is always ordered to ensure the installer does not run out and has enough for cuts, waste, etc. The person you called was right. You are wrong. Do the right thing and have your post removed.

BuilderBill

Apr 25 Shelby, North Carolina

Actually Lowes charges labor by the square footage of your installation, not by the number of boxes, just like all installers do.

eliza

Apr 18 Brunswick, Georgia

Call corporate!!! At least you wasnt given an 866 sex hotline # like I was instead of corp. Employees thought it was funny! I sure the heck didnt. Big rip off.CALL COPORATE :sigh

Come on

Apr 26

You do realize when you "call corporate" you are calling a call center, which simply takes down your complaint and emails it back to the store. You accomplish nothing more than you would have if you just asked to speak with the manager on duty. Plus you waste your time.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Lowes.
Filing a new complaint about
×