Lowes - valid check denied

1393 of 1655 Lowes Reviews
Nov 02, 2009
review #160847

On 10/31/09 , I recieved a home equity line of credit with a new check book to use.I Went to a Lowes store in my small home town.

I spent 4 hours looking for several items (over 40 items). I wrote a check to cover the cost. Certegy Check Services uses a faulty profiling system to approve checks and nothing else. My $660.89 check was denied in front of my girlfriend several members of my comunity (that I know and go to church with), three employees of Lowes and a manager.

I was made to feel like crook in front of everybody there. This kind of harassment is insulting, degrading, demoralizing and cruel. Does anyonbe realize how people talk in a small town. On sunday at church, a friend approached me and said he would pray for me for my check fraud problem.

Now members of my church think I am a Convict. I am insanely angry with the way I am being treated because of negative profiling which is against my rights as an american citized.

Certegy Check Services Inc.and inhumane organizations need to be put out of business for causing large problems with innocent people.

ac6dc8d
Had an experience with Lowes?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
1393 of 1655 Lowes Reviews
Security measure

Jun 01, 2013

I know this post is old, but I figured I'd put my two cents in. Did you ever stop to think that maybe your check was flagged because you were spending over $600 bucks and that wasn't something that you usually do? It's called security measures. They were trying to protect you.

Good luck

Apr 19, 2012

First off anyone in your church who honestly belives you are a convict should not be a part of the church. It is not Lowes fault either. Emailing the ceo will do you nothing but get you more upset. The ceo is a crook who belives that his wallet and wall street is more important than his employees and his customers. He will likely tell you he is doing you a favor by declining your check like he did to his employees. He can likely tell you what a crook or convict feels like though as he is right there with them. As for the members of your church they need to get their heads screwed on straight. Your no convict.

Check User

Apr 19, 2012

Do not put identifying information beyond your name on your checks. Ever heard of identity theft?

A Lowes shopper

Jan 27, 2010

That is not Lowes fault.

It is the service that they use to approve the checks.

I never had a problem with Lowes.
Beter them Home DEPOT.

Nov 18, 2009

Contact Lowe's CEO(Robert Niblock) directly @ www.lowesceo.com

0 0 Reply
living in the real world

Nov 15, 2009 Awka, Anambra

In a world where many places won't take checks any more you're lucky to find someone that accepts a piece of paper that may or may not be good. There are many reasons they may not have accepted this check. As you stated it is a new account. Many places that do accept checks require they have printed information such as name, address etc on them. Low number checks are also a source of many check problems. Being a new account the bank may not have had information posted or available for the check protection company to verify your account. Keep in mind that a check is just a piece of paper until your bank honors it. Asking a business who doesn't know you to honor a check is asking a lot. Using a debit or credit card that can be instantly verified is a safer form of payment for them to accept. Ask you bank for a debit card to use with this account and your problems will be solved.

lowes11yrs

Nov 06, 2009

I agree the problem is not Lowes, its the Certegy, we can not overide the system to take a check, Sorry you felt like a crook

check guy

Nov 04, 2009

Well there could have been a few things wrong with your check. You could have handed them a "starter" check, which is just like a normal check though it does not have your personal information on it.

Another problem could have been previous bounced checks (for any amount) that have not been paid off yet.

Finally, Certegy could have flagged your checks (for some reason) and it would have been worthless for Lowe's to accept.

Whatever the result is, there are many reasons a valid check can be denied. You should find out why it was denied to prevent any future problems.

lowes employee

Nov 02, 2009

The problem is with certegy not Lowes.You should have received a recept with the number to call certegy. You need to ask them what the problem is.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Lowes.
Filing a new complaint about
×