Lowes - Veteran Discount Program
A few months ago I was pleased to learn that Lowes gave a 10% discount to veterans. Since I served my country in the United States Army from 1966 to 1969 with a tour of duty in Viet Nam, I felt that the Lowes discount was a nice gesture. All I had to do was show my discharge paper (DD214)at checkout and I would get the discount.
Last week I went to my local Lowes (Lake St Louis, MO) to purchase a lawn mower and was told that I needed a veterans ID card to get discount and that I could get the card at any VA hospital. OK -- so I called the VA hospital and was told those cards are only for veterans who qualify for VA health care. To qualify I would need to have low income! I don't need or want VA health care!
So, I went back to local Lowes to see what the intent of their change in policy really was. Did they want to restrict the veteran discount policy to low income veterans in need of VA health care?? The customer service folks wouldn't answer my question but kept repeating that was their policy and there was nothing they could do about it.
If Lowes really wants to eliminate me and other veterans like me from the discount program, so be it. However, I will be sure to take my business elsewhere.10980aea review #195322
You may also like
- "We bought a FRIGIDAIRE freezer that was delivered July 19, 2011. Followed cooling instructions to prepare to freeze. Picked up a steer we had processed (600lbs) and put in freezer..."
- "I hired Lowe's installer to install our dishwasher, the installer didn't tighten the nut to the dishwasher and it resulted us losing our kitchen,dining room wall and carpet. This was..."
- "I believe the reason that pay pal, EBAY & GE Capital now Synchrony Bank do this is that they want to really frustrate the customer stone wall them make up..."
- "3rd March 2015, buying a BenQ monitor coz of Lazada 10% discount advertisement. After 2 days receive an order cancelled trigger email and stated as pricing error. This order put..."
- "I had forgotten why I stopped using Parts Geek. I bought 2 Moog tie Rod ends and 1 box was open and the install package was missing. Cannot reach anyone..."
- "I know that this is supposed to be a complaints site, but I had a good experience at my local pizza hut/Wing Street located on Greenville Street in Anderson SC...."
- "Payed 82dollars for a neckless and had 3 jewels fall out of front and 5 out of the charm inside and I only wear it on the weekends and got..."
- "Arrived at 2 Bed/2 Bath "premium" condo at Eagle's Nest at Indian Point to find we were in "TAN" units when we went to the office to complain about the..."
- "To whom it may concern, I am writing this review to this breeder because I hope I can help some of the reader and consumers hoping to buyer a puppy in..."