A few months ago I was pleased to learn that Lowes gave a 10% discount to veterans. Since I served my country in the United States Army from 1966 to 1969 with a tour of duty in Viet Nam, I felt that the Lowes discount was a nice gesture. All I had to do was show my discharge paper (DD214)at checkout and I would get the discount.
Last week I went to my local Lowes (Lake St Louis, MO) to purchase a lawn mower and was told that I needed a veterans ID card to get discount and that I could get the card at any VA hospital. OK -- so I called the VA hospital and was told those cards are only for veterans who qualify for VA health care. To qualify I would need to have low income! I don't need or want VA health care!
So, I went back to local Lowes to see what the intent of their change in policy really was. Did they want to restrict the veteran discount policy to low income veterans in need of VA health care?? The customer service folks wouldn't answer my question but kept repeating that was their policy and there was nothing they could do about it.
If Lowes really wants to eliminate me and other veterans like me from the discount program, so be it. However, I will be sure to take my business elsewhere.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "My 90 year old grandparents purchased a $11,700 Tin Roof! Erica Woodward-Ford was the sales rep from Lowes on Laurinburg NC. She never followed up to see if the job..."
- "I was looking for replacement water heaters with a ten year service warranty from the original manufacture. After talking to a Lowes sale rep, I purchased two hot water heaters..."
- "Purchased electric water heater on 10/29/15. Could not afford their contractor price to install. Hired a relative. Reset button began tripping immediately. This went on for 2 weeks then breaker..."
- "$7,500 in repair estimates after being told nothing wrong with vehicle (2006 BMW X5). Said they would do repairs, ignored me, decided not to do anything as retaliation for..."
- "Just over a year of owning this brand, the fabric is unraveling and splitting on 5 of the 7 seat cushions. The center cushion on the sofa now has so..."
- "This is a comment about great service!I found this service on facebook because one of my friends like her page. I loved her pictures. I was a very controlling client..."
- "Mistakes happen, but I have seen they take care of it. What a quality product for dirt cheap price.. Don't be misleaded by negative reviews. You check it out yourself. I do..."
- "we bought a reclining couch and love seat and a matching recliner. The love seat was defective and we were shipped a new one several weeks later this new one..."
- "I visited this location (Popeyes® Louisiana Kitchen, 16900 Meyers Rd, Detroit, MI 48235) and was utterly disgusting with the costumer service here DIRECTLY from the manager. Today is Thursday,August 25,2016..."