Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes - Appliances look like the come out of a junkyard

This is the third appliance that I've gotten out of Lowe's that has been crumpled up or damaged piece some sort of way this is not the type of products or service I want to buy and take home and That's after I waited 45 minutes to even have somebody come and help me in this appliance I'll be at the store garbage all together I stopped shopping there all together it's like playin cards with my sisters kids or something nerve racking S.O.Bs.

"This is the third appliance that I've gotten out of Lowe's......."& yet you still go back & spend your $ there!!!

What brand of appliances are you buying? Is the problem possibly with the manufacturer? Having sold appliances elsewhere we had a lot of Frigidaire appliances come in with wrinkled sides, especially their refrigerators.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Home Delivery Service
Damaged or defective

Lowes - Kitchen Remodel

Around Mother's Day 2016, My Sister And I went to Lowes, West Side of Dothan, Al to look at Kitchen Cabinets, Shane Cobb Approached me and ask if I would come see him after a couple of days, and he would return to work. I did and he stated that he was going to school for Home Advisor and be patient and I would have the kitchen of my dreams, I had told him I had in mind what I wanted as I had 3 previous kitchen remodeled with homes I purchased. In late Nov, he called me in and said I would have my kitchen by Thanksgiving, Then Christmas they would have completion In- out in 3 days.Middleof Jan, cabinets delivered . Had purchased appliances from USAA delivered the 28th of Dec. 4,500.00 Lowes Purchase 33,600 some dollars for cabinets, sink , backsplash tile floor and lighting, popcorn ceiling removed in living room and kitchen, promised it would look sleek. Later after ceiling was done called Shane Cobb over to look at it, he shook his head and said his young daughters could of done better.But did nothing about it, until 2018 After complaining about how bad it looked. In 2018 after 5 different agents , supervisors managers came over took pictures and wrote down what was not done right, ordered supplies they came over to try to amend what wasn't done right. Tabitha of Lowes Management said it wasn't there job to hang curtains that were taken down from Lowes, nor was the molding to match the cabinets be corrected as was put in the order. I has got less cabinets space then before, when ask for more cabinet space, cabinets put up with holes in drywall, mentioned to Shane, He shook his head.This was no way a Dream Kitchen, Now I know why this Home Advisor did not show me a vitual recording of what my kitchen would look like in the end results. But was always eager to call and ask if I would like some lemons, oranges dropped off from his fathers farm. I live alone and he would drop off baskets of fruit. I say this was his way of trying to take advantage of a senior citizen. Now after 2 yrs of having to put up with Lowes not doing RIGHT!!!! They Want me to have another Associate Tabitha Come Over And Try To Do Me Right,Pictures Will Soon Be At Lowes For Customers To See. This has caused me a lot of Health Issues and Stress that Lowes will take advantage of SENIOR CITIZENS!!!!! Before you Buy at Lowes Come See My Kitchen.
Lowes Kitchen Remodeling
Loss

Lowes refused to exchange my new pressure washer

2.3
I purchased a pressure washer from Lowe's in Thibodaux I went in within my 30 days could the hose had busted I wanted to exchange the hose for another hose or exchange the whole pressure washer they would not do it without the receipt I had submitted the receipt to my CPA so I had to go back and get the receipt when I return I was over my 30 days bye 11 days they would not return the pressure washer they send it in for repair and they refused to repair the pressure washer saying that it was from Impact now they're saying it's from pulling the hose too hard when there's definitely a pressure problem it blew out right at the side of the valve at the pressure relief the housing made a loud pop when the trigger was engaged so therefore I have a $400 pressure washer 40 days old and can't do anything with it can't get any help from anyone at Lowe's when the girl that was doing my return could have easily look back at the receipt I gave her the date and time that I was in the store and she could have pulled the invoice using that information as she was typing with fingernails 3 in Long she made the comment who this is too much people need to just keep that receipt they ask you for your phone number for every transaction for what reason if it doesn't do you any good if you go to return all I wanted them to do is replace the pressure washer for one that work properly I didn't need a pressure washer that idles down and then idles back up when the trigger is pressed but that is all they had in stock no one wants to make it right so now I have to move on further for something so simple as a pressure washer customer service sucks I wish we still had Sears we never had any kind of issues like this when Sears was open I'll never make a large purchase at Lowe's again i will post pictures as soon as i recieve my pressure washer back. I purchased the extended warranty as they stated when the offered me to buy it " if anything ever goes wrong in the time period lowes will have it taken care of " FALSE ADVERTISMENT TO MAKE U BUY A EXTRA 80DOLLAR WARRANTY AND WILL NOT EVEN COVER A BLOWN HOSE AND PUMP.

After 30 days it's covered by manufacturer.

how you function day to day as an adult is a mystery with your limited writing/communication skills.......................b4 you go to sears check the reviews (on this website or others)

Why is it their problem that you can't follow their policies? The will exchange it for the first 30 days, after that they get sent out for repair.

The only way to prove when you purchased a product is to provide a receipt and it isn't their fault you didn't bring a receipt in when you first came in. Quit putting the blame on someone else.

Wall of text that I Cannot read nor understand.Please use Paragraphs and Complete sentences.That makes it Much easier to read and understand What your complaint Is about.Must you Shout at the end of this wall of text?

View more comments (3)

Lowes in League City, Texas - Order and delivery

I have never had so much trouble trying to purchase a washer and dryer. This is a timeline of my experience in Pearland and League City Texas. 06/06: 1405 hours Called Lowe's @ 281-412-6300. Was on hold for 6 minutes, 22 seconds and couldn't get a person to answer. 1411 hours Called Lowe's @ 281-412-6300. Spoke with Naomi who said I can't pay over the phone. That took 11 minutes, 25 seconds. 2145 hours Called 800-445-6937. Was told Naomi was wrong and they could order for me. The problem was that the dryer advertised on Lowes.com wasn't available. Why is it on the website if it can't be sold? This took 40 minutes, 23 seconds. 2231 hours Called 281-337-9770. Placed an order over the phone but the dryer may not be available for 6 weeks. This took 53 minutes, 53 seconds. 06/07 1949 hours Called 281-337-9770 to check on order. This took 14 minutes, 6 seconds. 06/09 0856 hours Called 281-337-9770 to check on order. This took 23 minutes, 45 seconds. The delivery team delivered the washer before the scheduled time frame. My daughter-in-law was at the store purchasing the hoses when they arrived early. We had to hook it up ourselves because they didn't come when promised. 06/12 XPO left a message stating that the dryer will be delivered on 06/13 between 1300-1500. In anticipation, my son pulled out the old dryer and moved it to the garage. 06/13 1046 hours Received a message from 281-337-9770 that the dryer won't be delivered that day. My son had to bring the old dryer back in and hook it up. 06/19 XPO calls and schedules delivery of the dryer on 06/20 between 1130-1330. 06/20 0900: Delivery driver calls and wants to bring the dryer now. No one was home to accept the delivery because we made plans to be there from 1130-1330. The driver said he was going to Galveston and he was nearby now. I reiterated that it was scheduled from 1130-1330. 1330 comes and goes, still no dryer. 1405 hours Called XPO to check on delivery. No change. This took 14 minutes, 47 seconds. 1705 hours Still no dryer. Called XPO . They said delivery window had changed to 1400-1600. I wasn't informed of this. 1800: Delivery team arrives. Said they were late because of the rain. They refused to unload the dryer because my son questioned them on why they were not there at the scheduled time. At the time they arrived, my son was taking a TIMED test. He had to stop taking the test to talk with the (non) delivery team. What is the point of the delivery window if they just show up when it is convenient for them?

Lowes in Benton Harbor, Michigan - Trees

Went into Lowe's to talk to them about getting help with the trees that we had spent good money on and they died. I couldn't find my recipet for ones that died but had my recipe for other items that was bought the same day but they refused to honor it the trees were 89.99 each red maples I even had the dead trees with me and still refused to do anything. I am very disappointed and will start shopping else where we always spend good money on our yard thru Lowe's but will not do it anymore. I had talked to the guy in lawn and garden and he said they would just do a trade on the trees but the front manager would not.

recipet recipe.......................which is the spelling for "receipt"? i will get it correct if i keep trying different ways

It's already more than they really should do to offer a guarantee on plants. It's not their fault if you can't grow something.

The very least you need to do is keep track of your receipts. That's your own fault.

Did you purchase the trees on a credit card? If so, they can use the credit card to look up the receipt.

Having worked for another home center Lowes is no different in their 1 year plant warranty. Bring the plant back with your receipt and they will exchange it if it dies in the first year.

Without the receipt there is no way to prove how old the plant is. It isn't unreasonable for a retailer to expect some type of documentation to prove the date of purchase it and that you purchased it from them and not a competitor.

@Anonymous

Can't look it up with no item number. Which is what the receipt is for.

View more comments (3)

Lowes - Terrible experience

Went to Lowe’s ordered our flooring laminate and carpet. They told us 10 days to get everything installed got a called and it was over a month away. They said they were going to deliver our laminate early in case they had an opening called the week of the originals install date wanting to come two days early we said yes. The laminate guy called at 9:30 saying a half an hour away didn’t show up until after 11:30 worked for two hours left said he would be back the next day between 9-10 didn’t show up again till after 11:30 worked for 3 hours and left showed up late the following day which was a weekday and worked till almost 10 at night. Flooring looks like *** and they won’t do anything about it. This is the worst company possible and do not ever come here for anything. This place flat out sucks
Lowes Flooring Installation
Bad quality

Lowes - Poor customer service

I tried to return a bathroom faucet I purchased about 1 month earlier. I was told they would not return it without a receipt. I have returned items to them before with no receipt and there was never a problem getting in store credit. Customer service was rude and acted like they dont care. Now they have lost a customer who spent $8000 in the last 3 months over a $50 faucet. I will never shop at lowes again. Home Depot all the way.

Did you post the fact that you spent $8000 in the last 3 months so you would get a faster response from Lowes *provided anyone from Lowes will respond to your complaint*?

I work at a lowes and the reason why they probably couldn't return it because its over $250. Without the receipt we can't return it because we don't know if someone stole it or what.

It just to be sure you get your money back right. It's not being rude or anything that's the policy. Its also electrical stuff too.

No one can return a facet that's over "250. Some items DO require a receipt.

Lowes policy blocks some returns on commonly stolen items or very expensive items without receipts. This often includes plumbing, there is nothing the store can do to change that as it’s corporate’s rule. Should have held on to your receipt or the card you used to purchase it.

You say that you have returned other items without a receipt. Perhaps you have exceeded the amount of returns they allow without a receipt.

Honest customers paying for products are given receipts and they give some grace for those who ,lose or misplace a receipt but they will only go so far. Shoplifters will never have a receipt and that is why stores limit the amount or returns made without one. If you are an honest customer, go home and look a little harder for the receipt.

If you are a shoplifter and finally got stopped in your attempts to return products you don't have receipts for, you got what you deserved. Home Depot, Menards and other home centers won't treat you any different.

@Anonymous

Are you a Lowes employee? I find borderline rude and anonymous responses to ALL complaints about Lowes.

Admittedly, your statements are correct. However, the fact that there is so much nasty directed at folks who complain is part of the problem with the culture at Lowes.

The customer is always wrong.All an employee has to do is calmly and logically explain the policy and why it is in place. Kindness and politeness goes quite a long way.

@MysteriousCeskyFousek

No, I am not a Lowes employee but have worked in retail. No, the customer is not always wrong but on the other hand.

which too many people believe, the customer is not alway right either. I don't see how my comment it rude. It is just a statement of fact in an attempt to explain why stores do the things they do. You will also find that retail employees get a lot of abuse from the customers that have they attitude that they are always right that it isn't hard to get defensive and push back to some extent.

If people would only stop and think about why policies are in place and realize the employees can't ignore them without risking their job before they start abusing the employee they are talking to they my get into a more rational discussion of the situation. You'd be surprised at the language that comes out of the mouths of customers that don't get their way.

It would be pretty rare for an retail employee to start swearing at a customer. A little respect goes a long way on both sides of the counter.

@MysteriousCeskyFousek

Was customer service rude or are you mad because in your mind no = rude?

Home Depots return policy is identical by the way. It is a legal requirement for you to show proof of purchase to do any return. It's the law, deal with it.

Was the faucet used when you tried to return it because according to Lowes return policy, which I found on the Internet, this is what is stated...30-Day ReturnsThe following items must be returned in "like new" condition with the original receipt within 30 days of purchase.Major appliancesRefrigerators, washers, dryers, ranges, hoods, dishwashers, some microwaves, etc.

View more comments (8)
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes is only interested in your wallet

2.5
Went with Lowe's as contractors are difficult to locate in our area unless one has a very big money project. I believed that Lowe's stood behind its work as they are a national corporation with a reputation to protect. Kitchen designer was awesome. I went into the project just looking to replace countertops in the kitchen and two bathrooms and ended up having the entire kitchen remodeled and expanded and new stools and vanities in both bathrooms. This was not a low end remodel- we spent well over 25k just at Lowes with several things bought elsewhere. Things began badly with terrible communication from the Project Coordinator that resulted in having our old kitchen torn out with a projected date of return to finish five weeks away. Fortunately, the granite was installed sooner than expected but the trouble was just beginning. Incredibly long story short, kitchen was paid for 100% in February. Work began March 19th and as of June 18th there's no end in sight. This has been the worst experience of my life and has nearly ruined my marriage as my husband (who works 60 hours a week) spends all of his time off repairing the damage done by the first contractor (who I had to fire due to being insulted, my home and belongings damaged, poor workmanship, and incredibly unprofessional behavior from not only his employees but also the owner). We haven't had sinks in the bathrooms since April and cannot entertain in our home as the dining room is filled with kitchen materials. Getting corporate involved actually made things WORSE. Although usually executive level customer service is exceptional- the best of the best - it's obvious that the rep assigned to the project couldn't care less. He just wants to move the file into the "done " box. Lowes not only doesn't stand behind its work, it will find every possible excuse to deny responsibility. I have more than 5k worth of cracked granite (turns out that it was "quarry fill" - a shady practice in which a cracked granite slab is turned into a sellable one with cheap glue that dissolves when the countertop is cleaned), cabinets that are ruined from improper installation, a tile floor that was in near perfect condition that needs to be replaced, and much more. Every contractor who has been in the house has been shocked by the terrible workmanship and angered because "this kind of thing makes all contractors look bad". I was told the subcontractor has never been a problem (untrue), everyone involved with the granite is more concerned about throwing the next company under the bus than in seeing the customer treated well, and if I have the cabinets installed in July it will be a miracle. I believe I may have to hire an attorney - although Lowes is technically fulfilling the contract, if agonizingly slowly. The kitchen designer said that she has never seen so many things go wrong on one job or a project take so long. Or at least she did before she was told she was off the project (meaning: don't provide service to this customer any longer unless she opens her wallet again). If someone had told me this would happen, I would not have believed it. And Lowes absolutely refuses to apologize or to tell me that they will make things right. I have tried to be patient and understanding, but these people would try the patience of Job. In the past year we have spent almost 60k at Lowes and planned to have vinyl siding installed and more work done but Lowes will never get another penny from us. When I told the executive customer service representative this, he nearly came out and said, "yeah, whatever ". I have never seen anything like this before. No one cares. Customers are only vehicles for their wallets. They take 100% payment up front and provide service at their leisure. And the customer is always wrong.

When you have work done by a contractor through Lowes or Home Depot you never know who will be working on your home. They hire the lowest price contractors they can find and then mark up their charges.

You are better off going through the work of locating your own contractor.

That way you can check references and know exactly who will be working in your home. You will often end up paying less as well as you don't pay the stores mark up on the contractors labor.

This complaint is a long chapter in a book.

@Anonymous

The book being Lowes terrible track record or my complaint?

@Anonymous

Your snarky comment would carry more weight if you attached a name to it. Anonymous, you are very busy attacking anyone who files a complaint against Lowes. One could be forgiven for wondering if you are employed by the company.

@MysteriousCeskyFousek

I do not reply to all complaints against Lowes.I do not work at Lowes or at any DIY store.I work in an entirely different industry.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Kitchen Remodeling
Cons
  • Coordination of project
  • Unbelievably poor service
  • Very frustrated and done with lowes

Lowes - Horrible

Ordered washer and dryer that never came, was given a new delivery date but still didn't come and this time they didn't even bother to call. They also use a third party to do there shipping, this is also an interesting adventure. To add injury to insult they charged my credit card twice. This will take another couple of weeks to sort this out. Ended up at Conn's bought same washer and dryer stock better price and delivered next day. Always had a pretty good experience with Loews but did ever drop the ball on this purchase. This just might be a fluke but beware.
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Poor customer service
Poor customer service
Thinking about a major purchase from Lowe’s and wondering about their customer service standards if you were to have a problem? Read this and beware. Monday May 7 purchased dishwasher connectors and installation in Epping NH. Spent over $800 I was told I’d hear from...
Lowes Dishwasher Installation