Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes review in Ocala, Florida: Customer pick up not right

Pick up of store items ordered previously is a disaster in your Ocala Florida store . Very bad customer service
Lowes Pick Up Service

Lowes review in Billings, Montana Province: Live Nursery

The LNS at Lowes in Billings Sandy is her name will sell plants and shrubs with fungus and diseases which should be thrown away ....she is lacking knowledge on the plants there at Lowes and she is very rude ....she lacks Customer Service wh en it comes to dealing with customers.

Wow!!! You blame an individual employee for Lowes policy.

The salespeople in a store don't set the polices for what products will be sold and which will be discarded or sent back to their suppliers. You then complain about her attitude because she wouldn't get rid of product just because you wanted her to. Some nerve. She doesn't work for you.

Lowes makes out her paycheck and she has to do what they tell her to, not you.

If you don't like the products Lowes is selling, don't buy them. To rant in a post about an individual employee is inexcusable.

Lowes Customer Care

Lowes review: Dead Battery in New JD Mower

3.5
Lowe’s delivered my new JD E130 mower today and when I went to start it up the battery was dead. You would expect when you spend over $2,000 on a mower that the battery should work! I had to take the dead battery out and take it to my local store and exchange it for another battery because the store doesn’t stock JD batteries. Very poor service to have to settle for less than what you just bought brand new!

"outside vendor" is the local John Deere Store closest sets them up. they come pre assembled - the tech is scheduled to set up the machine deck, oil and check over the machine in early march.

Lowes and Home Depot machines. They are the same machine at a John Deere Dealership. No difference!

Lowes and Home Depot are bad at putting gas in the machines (it sits a yr or a few months and the gas is bad) and ruins the carbs. Long time Service Writer at a John Deere Dealership.

Lowe's also does not assemble the JD mowers. An outside vendor for the JD company comes in for assembly. Just a FYI.

Product
John Deere E130 Lawn Mower
Damaged or defective

Lowes review: Job application

Cant fill out a job applcation at lowes because of a email and password error it so stupid to have to have a password to fill out a job applacation. What ever happen to a applaction on a pice of paper. It is so simple to just do it on a pice of paper. Lowes just makes it more stupid.

Be mad at reality and not Lowes. No one is using paper applications in modern society. Honestly you dodged a bullet working there anyway.

Welcome to the real world. Everything is done on the computer anymore.

You would think that someone that can post to a complaint board with their cell phone ought to be able to fill out an employment application on a computer. I would guess that if you can't keep track of a password to fill out an application you might not be able to keep track of the passwords needed to use their computers if you had been hired anyway.

Work Experience or Job Application

Resolved: Lowes review in Zanesville, Ohio: John Deere mower

3.4

Update by user Jul 06, 2018

There bringing me a new lawn mower

Original review posted by user Jul 05, 2018

I just picked up my John Deere mower that I bought on June 29 2018 Got it Home had a flat tire and a dead battery. You would think paying $1600 for a riding mower the tire shouldn’t been flat and have a dead very pissed

Lowe's does not assemble JD tractors. They aren't allowed to do so.

Instead an outside vendor comes in for assembly. So yes, they wouldn't have known.

Be content they're willing to come exchange. They normally won't do so if the items were originally picked up in store.

Was the tractor in a crate or was it assembled? If it was in a crate they obviously didn't know the tire needed air and it is very possible the battery needed a charge.

If it wasn't in a crate why didn't you question the flat tire before you loaded it? Don't know that Lowes did anything wrong by your incomplete post.

Resolved
Product
John Deere Lawn Mower
Damaged or defective

Lowes review: Service

The customer service at Lowe’s Texas city texas is probably the worst in the entire state of Texas very rude and they have no idea how to do their job extremely slow spend long periods of time on the phone or visiting bottom line consider a new customer service workers the present ones are worthless and a waste of your money
Lowes Customer Care

Lowes Kitchen Remodel

2.3
I totally agree. I had Lowes remodel our kitchen cabinets and countertop. The countertop was relatively seamless, but contractor who did the cabinets was a complete idiot. I paid $527 for him to protect the floors during the kitchen demolition and he did not protect them at all. He put a couple deep gouges in our nice Pergo floors. He told me he would fix them, but has not done anything. He also scratched the floor badly while reinstalling the stove. At first he told me he protected the floor with a board and was very careful, and there were no scratches on the floor. After I told him to inspect the floor, he saw the scratches, but he blamed it on the age of the floor. He said the floors were "ancient" and "brittle" and that anything would scratch them. Lowes backs him up so there is nothing I can do about it. This is ridiculous. If you are thinking of having Lowes work on your kitchen, don't do it!
Lowes Kitchen Remodeling
Cons
  • Quality of work
  • Customer service
Not as described/ advertised
$20000
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Lowes review in Saint Louis, Missouri: Refrigerator

Ordered over the phone on 6/29/18 Set up delivery for 7/2/18 Received two emails stating my refrigerator was ready for pick up on Sat the 30th and 7/1 Called customer service it was suppose to be a delivery and they stated there was no problem they have two different systems and assured me my delivery would come on 7/2 AM. When it was not delivered I went personally to the store to straighten out. First delivery available after that conversation was July the 4th. Stayed home got a email from my credit card company about a fraudulent charge. Contacted Lowes with no response at the store so I called customer service who assured me my refrigerator was on its way and would be here in the am. Called the credit card company and they informed me somebody tried to run my card number with the wrong zip code so they declined the transaction. Tried to contact the store #2300 again they have no way of checking or no what I am talking about. As we speak I am on the phone with customer service again. Not sure I will ever receive my refrigerator. Worst sales transaction I have encountered in my 60 Years.

Okay so, let me get this straight... You called Customer Care to order it.

They *** up your order and put it as a pick up. Store says easy fix, we'll take care of it. Then you start getting the credit card company calls close to delivery.Now let me enlighten you on a few things. First off, you aren't charged for your order until Lowe's prints out the receipt.

Lowe's cannot deliver until the item is paid for. So this is where your credit card company comes in. The credit card doesn't see the transaction until Lowe's tries to print. It comes up declined so they don't deliver your fridge.

Simple as that.The solution? Call the store yourself. Cancel your original order.

Place a new order through the store. Make sure you give them the right credit card information.

How did you lose $600? You say your credit card wasn't charged.

Lowes Delivery Service
Order processing issue

Lowes review in Bend, Oregon: Carpet Ripoff

1.8
Have 420 sf of carpeting I needed done. Lowe’s quoted me $1,700 for the carpet and pad I wanted. They measured for 560sf and when I contacted them to tell them they measured wrong, they said the installer needs at least 2 extra inches on every side to install and that they have to go by what the installers say. I would have thrown over $350 in the trash can had I gone ahead with the project. Do your homework ahead of time and save yourself time, money and hassle. Don’t shop at Lowe’s.

You don't seem to understand how carpet is sold or installed. Carpet comes in 12' or 15' widths.

lets say you had an 8x10 area to carpet. that would be 80 square feet. Their quote would have been for 96 square feet (an 8' x 12') piece of carpet.

You will have an 8' x 2' scrap. Unless you rooms are exactly 12' or 15' wide and perfectly square you are going to have waste when you install carpet.

@Anonymous

If anyone doesn’t understand something, it’s you.I have 2 rooms that are each 17’7” long. Bedroom is 9’6” wide.

Living room is 13’ 10” wide. What I asked them to do was sell me two 12’x18’ rolls and use the extra 2’6” from the bedroom to make up the difference in the living room. Does that make sense? If not, go grab a calculator.

That’s 432 sf of carpet and I would have only wasted approximately 8” x 18’.They said no. Their installer wouldn’t do it.

@Anonymous

Why didn't you include this information in your original complaint? If you want people to take you seriously include the information that supports your position in your complaint.

@Anonymous

The installer would still need an extra few inches... The extra is there in case you need it under the baseboards.

It's better to have extra than to have too little and have you complain about being short.You could always get a second opinion from another company of course. No one is pushing you to buy installation from Lowe's.

@Anonymous

There are no baseboards yet. And for my situation, I told them exactly what I wanted. To me, saving $350 is more important than being 1” short along the wall because that wall was going to have furniture up against it anyway (plus the baseboard when I install it).

View more comments (4)
Lowes Carpet Installation

Lowes review in Lewes, Delaware: $2,000 refrigerator cost me $3,200

Lowes was to deliver our new refrigerator on a certain date (we have the notice). We drove 150 miles to be at our beach house to accept delivery. Lowes did not arrive that day. I called Lowes and they said it would be delivered the next weekend. Again, we drove the same trip and Lowes did not deliver the refrigerator. They again said it would be delivered the next Saturday, which did not happen. Again, I called Lowes and they promised that the refrigerator would be delivered on Sunday. Finally, the refrigerator was delivered. After asking for a discount because of many hours of missed work, we were given a $300 refund. My costs of lost work in waiting for this refrigerator cost me well over $1,500. The refrigerator cost $2,000. Take the $300 refund, and it cost me $1,700. Add the $1.500 from lost wages, and the refrigerator ended up costing me $3,200. How is this called good service?????
#1512074

Why did you miss so many hours of work? You should have scheduled delivery for a day you weren't working.

Lowes Delivery Service