Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes review: Horrific!

Lowes review - Horrific!
I have enjoyed shopping at Lowe's for years and have spent over $35,000 in their store totally remodeling an entire house ad yard! I recently hired their professional services to do siding and they sent one person in winter to do the whole thing. There are so many quality issues I can't even begin, then instead of siding under some windows they put aluminum with NO J Track or something and when a large rain came the kitchen ceiling flooded and caved in! I have been calling and dealing with their customer service and insurance people and NOT ONE CALL OR EMAIL BACK ever! It's just horrific! STAY AWAY Wtf

I have problems with my siding installation and Lowes has not been any help in correcting the problems. I have sent pictures of siding falling off but Lowes says it is only guarented for a year.

It's been less than four years. So much for Lowes standing behind their products. Hire a local contractor instead.

Lowes will not help you with any problems, even if the installation was not done properly. They don't even do an inspection after the job is done.

Machele

Get a free consult from an attorney with the aim of suing Lowe's. The main lesson from your experience is that people should never have repairs/work like you had done by one of the big box retailers.

They hire who-know-who as contractors for the job and then when problems arise Lowe's blames the contractor and vice-versa. See an attorney.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Siding Installation
Bad quality

Lowes review: Plumbing

I was at Lowe’s in Pompano Beach Florida This is ridiculous you asked them to call a person from plumbing in half an hour later they didn’t show up and nobody is trying to help you or nothing like that and they wasting My time this is absurd why you hire people to work at a place if they’re not going to be there to help you out what’s the point better go to Home Depot then stay in the stupid Lowe’s

Lol... It is called a “Do It Yourself” warehouse for a reason. If you cannot do it yourself and want full service, hire a professional at twice the cost.

Did you ever think the people they were paging were helping other customers. Having had spent a few years in retail I can tell you I ignored pages to the desk if I was busy helping other customers. I'd much rather close the $5,000 sale I was working on than rush over to the desk only to ask for a product that was on the shelf right behind them.

View more comments (1)
Poor customer service

Lowes review in Radford, Virginia: Generach Generator installation

It was an overall terrible experience from the financing being through a " HIGH RISK" lender and the credit monitoring people notifying me my credit score dropped 60 points to the installation being the most up professional company I have ever encountered, Blueridge Heating and air. It is 35 days into what was supposed to be a 4 day job. The first day, They did not call or show up. I should have asked for a different company at that point. WARNING !!! DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING UNTILL IT HAS BEEN INSPECTED. They hand you a form to sign and say " sign this, this means that you got your generator." They get paid and you will be like me 35 days into a four day project. It has failed inspection one time already. Blueridge Heating and air flat out lied at every turn. I ask for a different installation crew due to the fact they did not know building code, unprofessional work ethic, and they promised to send a new crew, same crew showed up today at 0645 which would have been had they called and let me know since I was told by the owner of the company that they would be here at 0930 . I have dogs that needed be let out. ALL I CAN SAY IS BUYER BEWARE!!!!! The inspector just left and has to come back again this afternoon because it still did not pass, or the spin that they placed on this is " well the inspector is coming back this afternoon to make sure we secured the gas line because "It was a suggestion" He will leave a sticker then! LOL

Your comment is chock full of spelling errors and is too long to read in its entirety.

Lowes Generator Installation
Cons
  • Poor or nonexistent customer service clerk beyond disrespectful
  • Employees lack of knowledge and lethargic approah
  • Disinterest on the part of lowes employees
Bad quality

Lowes review: Extremely pissed off customer

Update by user Aug 01, 2018

Never resolved a year later!!!!

Original review posted by user Jul 02, 2018

We purchased our fridge, day before delivery got call they don't have the fridge they sold us, so after 3 hours on the phone they substituted a different model. Day of delivery we get a call that no one is answering the door. Reason.....they were delivering to the wrong house miles from ours. We got our fridge in August 2017, it was broke and needed repair to working parts in March 2018. Called Lowe's they have no record of the new substituted fridge they see a refund to our credit card for the one they didn't have but no new receipt for the one we got or the service plan we purchased. 3 months and hundreds of calls later they still cant find the service plan or the receipt for that or the fridge. We are grateful we were under manufacturers warranty or we still would have a broken fridge. Will NEVER purchase appliances from Lowe's EVER again we went back to Sears.

After 30 days it is covered by manufacturer warranty. When the manufacturer warranty ends, Lowe's warranties begin.

If you did indeed buy the extra warranty, the warranty center can find it. They keep records of that. It is not the retailer's job to keep track of your receipts.

It is yours, the customer. If you had bought it over the phone, you could have asked them to send it to you.

Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Website pricing
Cons
  • Cant find my invoice
  • Purchasing an item that was not in stock
  • Poor customer service reps
Reason of review
7 of the above stated issues occurred and 4 months later we still do NOT have a resolution. want corrected
Preferred solution
I want my receipt found with my service warranty we purchased and 100 hours of my life back I wasted with these incompetent people tried to fix a problem that they still cant fix. I want my service plan AND a refund of the service plan amount

Lowes review: 2900 huskvarna zero turn

2.7
I bought this on 4/11 used 3 times stopped going forward or reverse . When I purched it they told me that I had 90 days to return it . I called and told them I was bringing it back . they said NO that it had been over 30 days . I am ticked off at lowes . USED IT 3-4 TIMES !!
Tony J

The point is the young lady told me I had ninety days . I know now about the 30 day Return. When you spend alot for a mower you think you would get a good mower ..

@Tony J

Anytime you are making a purchase and are concerned about a warranty or store policy, ask to see the written version. Never take a salespersons word. They may be trying to make a sale or just don't fully understand the policy themselves.

@Tony J

Warranty policy is written right on the receipt. After 30 days it is covered by the manufacturer.

Have you bothered reading their return policy? Mowers in like new condition can be returned within 30 days.

If you have used it, it isn't in like new condition. The mower should be under warranty. The warranty on power equipment covers repair, not replacement. Although it is frustrating, take it to a service center and get it repaired under warranty.

Just a tip, see if you can find a local service center rather than taking it to Lowes. They don't do on-site repairs and will ship it to a service center which just adds to the time you are without the mower.

View more comments (3)
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes review: Worst online buying experience ever

Bought a fridge online from one store, that was promised to be delivered the next day. I get a call from another store letting me know they don’t have this particular fridge in stock. They can’t transfer order to the other store I originally ordered from so I call customer service and have to cancel the order and reorder it again to the store that has the fridge in stock. It was scheduled to be delivered the following day. When I hadn’t heard anything by 2:00 I called to see when delivery was scheduled. They said they called to set up but didn’t get an answer. Problem is they mixed phone numbers with another persons order. So they screwed up again. Now the fridge is suppose to be delivered tomorrow. We will see. This is the worst online purchase experience I have ever had. Will not bring doing business with Lowe’s again.

Rather than buying a large product like this for delivery you are much better off dealing directly with a store. The store will know what they have on hand and how heavily their delivery service is booked.

Buying on-line just generates an order that gets sent to the store who will then check delivery availability. Save a step and go right to the store.

Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes review in Henderson, Kentucky: Ruined my drive and a portion of landscape with the delivery

3.8
Lowes review - Ruined my drive and a portion of landscape with the delivery
See attached pics for explanation! TERRIBLE business! Will NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN!
Lowes Vehicle Driver

Lowes review in Garner, North Carolina: Bathroom remodeling

1.3
Doing big bathroom removal to big shower and replacing everything in master bathroom. First objective of project to purchase double sink bathroom vanity. Lowe’s suggest I have there people come out and do measurements and installation. They contract it with Progressive Remodeling. It took them 42 days to get measurements to Lowe’s. Progressive and Lowe’s both did not care about resolving issue. Still no vanity and my contractor is scheduled to do work in 10 days on remodeling of pulling out tub and shower. Had to take 2 days off work because neither one of them would say we lost measurements. Will find another place to purchase vanity, toilet, bathroom mirrors, flooring and misc item somewhere else. They was trying to get remodeling job for bathroom. Glad I Did Not Choose THEM for COMPLETE REMODELING! They used to be my 1 stop and shop for everything. No longer maybe I need to give Home Depot a chance
Lowes Bathroom Remodeling
Order processing issue

Lowes review: Now how do they expect you to tote a 7-10 ft long piece of pvc home??

1.5
6/29/2018 I went to Lowes to pick up 2 pvc conduit pipes( a 3/4 " and a 1") I needed them cut down to 2 ft lengths. Do you think they would do that? NO! I was so surprised....they cut blinds.. they cut lumber..but plastic pvc no. How in the world do they expect you to even get it home???? I went to customer service and of course they reconfirmed "no... we don't do that". So I called the only Home Depot store in my area which was way across town (they only have 1 Home Depot and 8 Lowes stores) They said come on over ...we do that . So if you need something other than blinds or lumber cut ..YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK!! Don't even waste your time., just head straight to Home Depot.

They do sell the PVC in 2 foot lengths.

They stopped cutting pvc due to people getting it cut and then deciding "I don't want it". That's a loss to the store.

no way there's 8:1 lowe's to HD rationo way there's --- 8 lowe's within reasonable shopping distancei did see 3 walgreens in 3-4 mile stretch once tho

#swiss army knife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring your *** saw with you or buy one and cut your own PVC. Not at all hard to do.

Employees would never get anything done if they were expected to cut every piece of material to size. Blinds are different as they take a special machine not sold to the general public to cut.

you need help to cut pvc pipe? Really? WTF!

@Anonymous

You obviously aren't a senior yet. You'll find out what it's like ...its just a matter of time. So yeah WTF back to you.

View more comments (6)
Reason of review
no REAL service to customer.
Preferred solution
The company to start considering doing what their competitor does. It's smart business.

Lowes review in Kinston, North Carolina: Will never go to Lowe's again

LOWES HAS TOTALLY LOST A LONG TIME CUSTOMER..... WE ARE NOW ON DAY 34 WAITING ON A PAID WARRANTY REPAIR FOR A BROKEN WASHER BOUGHT FROM THEM ONLY 3.5 YEARS AGO. WARNING TO ANYONE DEALING WITH LOWES....... JUST DON'T! Lowe's has gotten too big, and the customer just doesn't matter to them any longer. I'll be glad to go somewhere else where my money buys quality and better service. It WILL NOT be Lowe's Home Improvement in New Bern or Kinston, NC. Total disappointment. Even with their 5% Lowe's card discount, AND our 10% Veterans discount, it's just not worth putting up with their poor quality, horrible customer service, and extremely long repair times. Anywhere is better than Lowe's to buy appliances that you need to last more than 3.5 years.

bye

Why were you a long time customer if their quality is so poor? You realize that Lowes doesn't manufacturer the products they sell, don't you?

They offer appliances from a variety of manufacturers. It was your choice as to which one you chose. You don't provide any detail as to what the delay is. Is it a lack of service help or are they waiting for parts?

My guess is that you chose to purchase a washer manufactured in Korea and are now waiting for parts to get here from Korea. Not saying that the Korean appliances aren't good, but when there is a problem, repairs often take time due to parts availability.

@Anonymous

I was a long time customer prior to this last fiasco. Should not take over 34 days to do a warranty repair on one of the washers they sell and service, no matter where it came from.

It took 14 days from the first phone call for their serviceman to come look at it. Their customer service is here in the US and very poor.

Slow, to say the least. Since there were no parts necessary to declare the appliance, “BEYOND ECONOMIC REPAIR”, your last statement is moot

@Dobieden

Lowes has to work with manufacterers to get parts and ISP's to get repairs, and depending on the appliance can take a while. There is more to factor in then just Lowes, they don't make or stock the parts.

@Anonymous

It took Lowes 17 days to send a serviceman out to look at the washer, called in on a WARRANTY repair. If Lowes can't do better than that, they will continue to lose customers.

I had to call Lowes 4 times over the next 14 days after the serviceman came out to push him to file a report that he told me he filed the DAY AFTER he looked at the appliance. He works for Lowes. Lowes never called to follow up after numerous complaints. The unit is beyond economic repair.

That was stated when the serviceman was there 17 days after I made the original service warranty call. So why am I still waiting 37 days after that original call, for a refund so I can go get another washer?

Why am I still going to a laundramat because I'm still waiting on a Lowes warranty repair 37 days after I called in for a service repair? If Lowes sells the appliance, and charges even more for an extended warranty, then the customer should not have to wait over a month for a required appliance for human comfort.

@Dobieden

Your response is confusing. You say you have been waiting over 34 days for a repair but in your last sentence you say they declared it beyond economic repair.

Which is it? If it was declared not worth repairing you usually end up getting a credit towards a new washer from the service plan. Keep in mind the service plan is through a company other than Lowes.

Doesn't make a lot of difference what retail store you buy one of these service plans from, the repairs don't happen quickly. It will be interesting to see what happens if they ending up giving you credit to buy a new washer at Lowes since you aren't going back there.

@Anonymous

A refund or replacement is considered a “repair” of a broken appliance covered by a LOWES warranty, for an item bought at Lowe’s. No matter who the warranty is through, when you buy a warranty on an item purchased at Lowe’s, then LOWES is required to fulfill the coverage, not any other company.

Beyond economic repair means LOWES is required to replace or fully refund the original cost on a LOWES gift card (absolutely refused) or a repayment check. I am STILL WAITING on that check

View more comments (6)
Lowes Washing Machine Repair
Cons
  • Customer service was the worst
  • Lousy service after the sale
Warranty issue