Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Extended Purchase Plan for Mower

I purchased an Extended Purchase Plan with my self-propelled mower in April 2016. The handle has broken twice. The first time Lowes said the barcode was not on the outside of the mower. We had the receipt and the store took it and said no problem. We found out about the barcode later. Store managers pretty much told us we were somehow trying to 'cheat' them. After a couple of months, it got taken care of. The handle has broken again, and they say it is not covered by the EPP. The service company says it is, lowes reps refuse to cover it. We are going back and forth. I am not sure that the customer service reps understand that you have to engage/pull on the handle to engage the blade. They are saying we have damaged the handle on purpose! They will not provide the EPP number to the contracted service company. We have been working on this for about a month now. I have spoken to customer service about four times and the service company about three times. Just got another call! Do yourself a favor and shop at Home Dept. I have excellent experiences with them!
Lowes Protection Plan
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes - Loews Sucks

2.3
Loews is the worst company I have ever dealt with . I had a delivery scheduled for 6/15/18 they never showed up. After calling I was told the order was cancelled . I never cancelled it. I call the Exec office and was told it was not cancelled it was on the truck. I called back exec office and was told they made a mistake and gave me BS and said their elevator broke and it will be delivered on Sunday morning. I called at 11:00 was told it will be here soon. I called at 1:50 was told it will be here in 10 min by 2:00 PM it is now 2:35 no calls from anyone. on hold with shipping. Next time I go to HOME DEPOT and everyone else should Not but at Loews
#1519564

Lowes uses a company called DSI ( F rating on BBB) where I live - Northern CA. We are on day 39 of living in a hotel since DSI subcontracted with a company that clearly didn’t train employees how to hook up washing machines.

Home was flooded, thousands of dollars to repair. DSI and their subcontractor refused to give insurance info - a violation of state regulations. Lowes gave me claim number, sent an adjuster then refused to pay for home repairs. Why?

Because as a renter I requested a separate claim for the owner and refused to take money on her behalf. Now we wait until homeowners insurance approves repairs. So yeah ...

social media. Check us out IG #weboughtawasher and twitter @cropjester

Type yhttps://www.facebook.com/DumpLowes/

Not sure where you're all from... But in Pa, Lowe's owns and hires their drivers. There is no third party delivery unless you are getting something directly shipped via FedEx or UPS.

Home Depot uses the same delivery company so good luck with that.

Lowes has a 3rd party delivering company. They don't hire drivers or anyone to deliever.

It's all a different company that handles deliveries. Lowes only puts the item out for delivery on the trucks and then what ever happens with the drivers and the trucks iant lowes responsibility it's the 3rd party.

@Anonymous

Yes but that company need to answer to Loews for screw up. Besides it was a LOEW'S F_CK up they did not get the product down from the store warehouse

@Anonymous

Loews never put the item out for Delivery

I just love the people complaining here about Lowes that are headed to Home Depot as though it is going to punish Lowes. You obviously haven't bothered to look at the posts about Home Depot.

There are just as many people there that are running to Lowes because Home Depot screwed up their delivery. The fact is, deliveries can be a problem for any store. If I owned a store there would be no deliveries. Customers would have to arrange their own transportation if it's as simple as they seem to think it is.

I have purchased from both Lowes and Home Depot and have had good luck with their deliveries.

I had worked at another home center and they were the only store I had delivery problems with. They figured that since I was an employee I wouldn't mind sitting around on my 1 day a week off waiting for my delivery rather than working on the project i had planned.

@Anonymous

when you leave a company to purchase from another company it hurts their bottom line. it also shows them there are issues that need improvement

@Steve

The point is that Home Depot is no better. When you walk out of Home Depot mad, where are you going next?

Lowes Does Not have a delivery service.Lowes contracts out with a third party vendor to deliver their products.So your complaint is with the third party vendor, Not Lowes.Home Depot also uses a third party vendor to deliver their products.So the Same thing happens at Home Depot as well.

@Anonymous

I was dealing with the Loews office, and was then told their store elevator was out and assured it would be delivered.Bottom line is I bought it from Loews, They are responsible for the companies they hire to deliver products. I did not need to lose 2 days of work and not have any food due to their negligence

Your wrong and stupid. Every truck they have says Lowe’s.{{Redacted}}

@Anonymous

Trust me, it's in the PA Eastern coast area, it's 3rd party.

@Anonymous

It's Lowe's responsibility to make sure it is done correct, not the buyers job to track down the 3rd party

View more comments (14)
Review
#1282039 Review #1282039 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Suck
Problem with delivery
Full refund
Tags
  • poor delivery service
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Trotwood, Ohio - Special order sat in store until I called to question why delivery was late

3.2

Update by user Jun 17, 2018

The local Lowes store was able to deliver on the 16th, apparently as an extra delivery for that day.

Update by user Jun 17, 2018

A short update. After filing a complain through their customer service, the store called me and - magically - the decking material did fit on their box truck and they could deliver it on the 16th as promised.

Amazing that the materials suddenly could fit when I was told they would not.

But, I give credit to the store to make things right and provide me the materials when I was promised, and happily I did not need to waste any vacation days. So, a big thank you to the store for making the effort to meet the original commitment.

Original review posted by user Jun 16, 2018

I needed to special order decking materials, and Lowes sent me an email with a delivery date of June 16 - not to the store, but to me. The local store was to receive it June 14. When I called to ask where I was in the expected delivery - I was told that it would not be the 16th, but the 19th was the soonest. Evidently it was not scheduled for delivery at all - until I called. When the special order arrived on the 14th, the store did nothing, no call to schedule or confirm - but waited on me to call to ask where it was. When I called Lowe's customer service - they said since the material was at the store already - they could do nothing but send a complaint to the store. So, no one at Lowes seems to want to make this right, or at least offer something for my giving up two vacation days without materials that I cannot get back - wasted. Just an "I'm sorry" and you will have to wait until the 19th. This is unacceptable and poor business process - the company promises delivery, but the local store not only does not deliver, but never even scheduled it. Back to Home Depot I go.
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Delivery service did not show up when scheduled
  • How they have handled this situation
Problem with delivery
Price reduction

Lowes - Custom Door

Had a front door and 2 side glasses ordered and installed by this Lowes. Installer wonderful and through this process no problem with the way it was installed. Well, 2 months later we started having problems. The piece of the main door that we paid extra for to hold the storm door started coming away from the main door. Now the storm door makes noise every time you open it. There is a catch when you open main door, a batch work that they did at factory at the bottom sill came out, people came out from Lowes and even notice the side glass was put in wrong. Long story short factory inspector came out said it was a bad door. Factory denies claim. Lowes will give us the money back to order a new door through them but they have 1 company (same company) unless I want to spend 3 times as much money. This whole process took 9 months and now the extra same door is 1200.00 more from what I purchased it 9 months ago.
Door
Bad quality

Lowes - Synchrony Bank Sucks

4.0
I have been a Lowes credit card customer for years. I have never been late and/or missed a payment. Because I was one day late on another Synchrony Bank payment, they decided to "review" all of my accounts that they manage and keep lowering the available credit to within $10 of the current balance. Every month, it keeps going down. I called and asked if there was a reason and was given a rehearsed speech which said basically they can do what they want. Well Synchrony, your not the only bank in town. I have since closed all of my accounts with them and go elsewhere. I could see if I was ongoing delinquent with payments, but being late 1 day (actually 15 minutes past the cut off time).

Why use a high interest rate store card anyway? Get a Visa or MasterCard with a decent rate and many will pay rebates as well.

Lowes Credit Card
Cons
  • Idiotic bank they use for their credit card
Poor customer service
Purchased an American Standard Toilet from Lowes in Torrington CT. back at the end of April and had it installed by a professional plumber a couple of weeks later. Two weeks later I noticed a crack coming from the seat mounting hole that ran down the side of the bowl....

I absolutely agree with your opinion/frustration. There is NO way to determine a defect in things, especially toilets, UNLESS you install and USE them.

I find their, and the manufacturers, approach to be the ever increasing/standard corporate approach, putting profits as,really, the ONLY important focus; definitely NOT customers or employees. In a few (pun intended) words..."It's pretty ***

View more comments
American Standard Toilet
Cons
  • Exchange policy
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Exchange

Master Forge Grills are garbage -- Lowes will not stand behind them

2.5
After 20+ happy years with Weber gas grill, it was time to replace my rusted out Genesis. My main mistake was trusting the Lowes salesman when he said that the Master Forge was an adequate substitute and that Lowes stood behind the brand. Both are lies. The Master Forge grate's welds failed after 6 months -- this meant that the actual grill surface -- what you lay the meat on -- bent out of shape. I brought that part back to the store to replace and was told they not only don't sell that model...they don't have parts. And of course, the replacement parts don't fit. OK...my bad. I spent a couple hundred bucks and bought high-end stainless grates to replace the Master Forge garbage, figuring if I had the grill for 20 years it'd be worth it. Live and learn. This year -- 2nd summer with the garbage grill -- the rack holding the grease pan fell off. Yup another failed Master Forge weld. Just %^$#ing fell off. It's not possible to buy a replacement for something that's supposed to be welded on the actual grill. Again -- Master Forge is garbage. Lowes lies.

I'm still using the Weber grill my dad bought in 1969. What more do you need to know?

Master Forge Grill
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Fence Material and Install

Very poor verification of proper fence material and install. The "Project Installation Team Member" was very hard to contact; might as well have been the Lowes switchboard. As a result, the fence installers didn't know what was to be installed, and it was very hard to verify with the install specialist. No Lowes person associate with the purchase was available when the material question was raised when the installers were onsite. As a result, the installers left without installing the material at all. Very poor customer service and ability to contact Lowes when a question arose. Never again! Lowes uses subcontractors and there appears no link between the material delivered onsite the what the installers expect. Questions are called to the Lowes "Installer Specialist" but that's just a voice mail circles. Very poor customer service and no Lowes contact person to verify real time questions.

i wish i looked at reviews before i contracted with them to do my fence. very poor customer service.

3 times the sub-contractor said they were coming and they didnt. seems like once they got my money the "specialist" was impossible to get in touch with.

materials got delivered...partially. they finally showed up today to mark the area, lets see if they show up at 7am tomorrow like they said

I just got my fence done from the Lowe’s, but the installer you called him 100times, and you will only received about couple phone call from him, and left a lot of dirt in your property!! (A lot lot of dirt) and you have to do it yourself or hired someone to do that! very very poor customer service !

View more comments (1)
Lowes Fence Installation
Order processing issue

Lowes in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania - Bad place

I worked at lowes in willow gro e, pa under hostile work conditions. I was injured there, called racist names, and other. While there two garden store cashiers were sharing customer information and talki g about a party of {{Redacted}}. Customers were made fun of behind their backs as well as employees.

Did you report this to the corporate office? I would.

they have a process for sensitive issues dealing with racism and harassment. Customer or employee...

no one should have to put up with that. Not saying that it could possibly resolve your issue, but it would be documented so if it is sent to the CEO they will be in trouble.

Work Experience or Job Application

Lowes - Have to wait a week to get fridge fixed.

Came home from Vacation to find our refrigerator has stopped working and it was now full of rotten food in the freezer and refrigerator compartment vacation to find our refrigerator has stopped working and it was now full of rotten food in the freezer and refrigerator compartments. We have their extended protection plan it took several contacts to arrange a service appointment then when they call for the service appointment and I answered the phone there was nothing on the other end. I assumed it was a robot call later but they didn’t make a connection for some reason. They didn’t come on the day they were supposed to have when I called about it they said I had the nearest current appointment I could get would be out a week. So I have to live without a refrigerator for a week. Their service representative suggested I could rent a refrigerator which means I’d have to take time off work to receive the delivery of the rental unit, find a place to put it, arrange for it to be picked up when my current fridge was fixed then take time off work for that. Worst service experience of my life.

Hate to tell you this but it may not be fixed in a week. They may have to order parts and some of the foreign manufactures take a while to ship parts.

Lowes Refrigerator Repair