Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes - Have to wait a week to get fridge fixed.

Came home from Vacation to find our refrigerator has stopped working and it was now full of rotten food in the freezer and refrigerator compartment vacation to find our refrigerator has stopped working and it was now full of rotten food in the freezer and refrigerator compartments. We have their extended protection plan it took several contacts to arrange a service appointment then when they call for the service appointment and I answered the phone there was nothing on the other end. I assumed it was a robot call later but they didn’t make a connection for some reason. They didn’t come on the day they were supposed to have when I called about it they said I had the nearest current appointment I could get would be out a week. So I have to live without a refrigerator for a week. Their service representative suggested I could rent a refrigerator which means I’d have to take time off work to receive the delivery of the rental unit, find a place to put it, arrange for it to be picked up when my current fridge was fixed then take time off work for that. Worst service experience of my life.

Hate to tell you this but it may not be fixed in a week. They may have to order parts and some of the foreign manufactures take a while to ship parts.

Lowes Refrigerator Repair
Poor customer service

Lowes - Worst Delivery Company ever...

I ordered $10,000 worth of patio furniture for a customer or mine. It has been getting delayed and delayed and delayed. At first I didn't care but over time this becomes a major nuisance. I no longer trust anything XPO logistics says to me they are way off of their delivery windows and they simply don't care at all. I am extremely pissed off and will NEVER order anything from them again. They call me every night at 8:30pm and say they are delivering between 11am-1:30pm at the address I listed and then at about 3pm every day they call me and tell me that they cant deliver that day for one reason or another. Lowes doesn't care either which I find outrageous. I called them to try and explain my situation and they "transferred me to a manager" which ended up just bringing me to a dead line. Extremely upset. Horrible experience.

Wow. Who buys $10,000 worth of patio furniture ? How is such a thing possible ?

@Frank

many ppl do....but i struggle to have sympathy for them if they are that rich...

View more comments (1)
Xpo Logistics Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes in Naples, Florida - 6 months to put a simple privacy fence up.

3.0
The Lowe's in east naples is terrible to work with. Had to pay $3500.00 up front then they dropped the ball. Screwed up the permit application , had a contractor not show up. Lied about left over material and did not want to credit for fence they picked up. Lisa the project mgn. was rude , did not call and communicate the problems that were delaying the project. In all took 6 months to complete. Phone call after phone call did no good. Filled out survey for lowe's never heard a word. Not looking to get my money back just would like someone in the company to acknowledge the problem.

Lowes special installation department in Oakland Park, FL is the worse and has the most disorganized unprofessional, unprincipled people I have ever dealt with. I should have trusted my intuition and let Home Depot install my fence. Now I have to take my case to court to sue Lowes for faulty material and poor workmanship and in summation, a very foul installation, overpriced and theft of my purchased residual material from the installation.

Lowes Fence Installation
Pros
  • Salesman
Cons
  • Project manager lisa
Order processing issue
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Worst compnay

Company can not deliver items on time and are controlled by delivery company XPO - who will change your order date and decides not to deliver if they feel like it without notice - no communications. Lowes does not care and will not do anything to try to accommodate customers to make it right. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. After several attempts to get our order corrected Lowes still will not give us a window for delivery. Thy apparently have had many issues with XPO but have choose to stand with them instead of their customers DONT NOT ORDER DO NOT ORDER. do not order do not order> GO TO HOME DEPOT GO TO HOME DEPOT.
Service
Cons
  • Customer service and poor communication with delivery
Preferred solution
I want my items and I want a 2 hour guaranteed delivery time - and not at 10pm the night before. And I want to be compensated for all my time on the phone and the time I waited for my delivery

Lowes in Titusville, Florida - Laminate flooring installed without moisture barrier TWICE

1.4
Lowes - Laminate flooring installed without moisture barrier TWICE
Lowes - Laminate flooring installed without moisture barrier TWICE

Update by user Jul 13, 2018

46 days, still in motel, still unable to return to my home and have access to any of my personal items. No refunds for any receipts I have turned in.

My credit card is max out. I am having to choose between eating or putting gas in my car so I can travel back and forth to check my mail, meet appraiser, going to the food bank, Dr. appointments... I feel I am being held hostage by Lowes/ Keller interriors(installers).

Several emails to Lowes insurance claims officer Suzett Grist asking for detailed plan, process, time frame for refund, any information has gone unanswered. Calls and emails to local Lowes manager Sharon Clark is answered with the phares " I have past it on". The stress is wearing on my health. I am in the process of seeking the help of a third party.

Year and a half to solve what started out to be a "fixable problem", only to be made worse every step because Lowes and Keller interiors would not step up and take responsibility.

My advise to anyone who has had flooring installed by Lowes who contracts out to Keller interiors, check what is under your flooring. Just because you paid for professional installation and moisture barrier is no guarantee that is what you will get.

Original review posted by user Jun 13, 2018

First installation of laminate floor discovered moisture barrier still in garage after job completed. Took 3 weeks before Lowes came to the house to verify. Only " solution" (because contract I signed) to give them the opportunity to fix the problem. The fix was to tear up the floor, lay moisture barrier, then lay same flooring again. Not what I wanted but I did sign a contract. Within 6 months floor is "peaking". 6 more months of testing moisture levels 3 different times, Lowes insisting I must have a leak in my home. All home inspection none. I had time to read small print and all the manufacturer's warrinty. Warrinty is only good for FIRST installation only. Got $ back for installation and will get refund for flooring when I return the floor. Had the floor taken up. LESS then 100 sq ft of my 1200sq ft floor to be covered was covered with moisture barrier. Strips of barrier were cut 5in by 10 in place in doorways at transitional trim to make it appear the barrier had been laid through out. My Home is now condemned, do to mold. All my furniture, mattress, rugs, all pours surfaces will need to be disposed of. My house will have to be to totally emptied and inventoried,cleaned from top to bottom. There is also cross contamination in the garage, and my car. This is my third week in a motel waiting for Lowes insurance just to approve the clean up. After that if everything goes right will take at least 9 days. I have sent Lowes the bills from motel and food but have not received a refund yet. I have MS and liver disease,this has been really hard on me physically. I don't dare say it can't get worse!
IntentPolarBear700

The floor installer for Lowes is Keller interiors out of Orlando Fl. BEWARE!!!

You did not create a house-condemning mold problem in barely a year. A fluctuating moisture reading indicates other problems as well.

Certainly an ill fitting floor doesn't help but there's no way that the presence or lack of the thin plastic "barrier" caused a system wide failure. I'm sorry about your health issues but it sounds like the real problem has been brewing for some time.

@Anonymous

According to the moisture reading taken by keller interior and Lowes before the First installation, it was 2. well below acceptable reading in Florida.

There was a second reading before the 2nd reintallation.The floor was without moisture barrier on bare cement for total of 18 plus months. If at any time the problem had been addressed and taken care of correctly/professionally from the very beginning instead of purposely damaging the flooring when reinstalling and being deceptive in laying the moisture barrier the second time, not to mention stealing the other1200 sq ft of the barrier that was obviously not used in my house, it would have never been an issue. I also have been assured by the the mold cleaning professional that Lowes uses, and two other professional installers, that the lack of the barrier is the source of the problem allowing the moisture to be in direct contact with the flooring resulting in the black mold.

Why did you think it was an " ill fitted floor"? Have you had issues with Keller installation too?

@PolarBear700

You stated that the floor "is peaking" which indicates improper or damaged goods , not properly fitting the original tongue and groove cut. I have lived in Florida myself and found that the laws of physics are stretched to the limit there because of humidity (which we in the north very rarely see as an issue).

If each piece wasn't placed in the previous location, they won't fit right. It only takes an inch per foot before a 12 ft room is one foot off ; and can't be repaired. I wish I was your friend or neighbor ; I'd take your case for free just because I'm a bored old attorney who has sympathy for your post.

I hope you can get this straightened out , and I'm really sorry about the MS because I have seen how dreadful that can be. You don't need any more problems !

@Anonymous

Anonymous, You obviously have NO clue about mold.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Flooring Installation
Bad quality

Lowes - Horrible don’t buy appliances or extended warranty

Samsung refrigerator 2 years old, purchased extended warranty, dozens of phone calls, loss of food, over 6 weeks of no freezer, Lowe’s tells me environmental causes and they won’t cover the repair. Oh and they have no one for a second opinion.
Product
Lowes Refrigerator Warranty
Not as described/ advertised
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes - They Really Mulched It Up

Lowes - They Really Mulched It Up

Update by user Jun 14, 2018

Lowe’s manager secured product from another store.

Original review posted by user Jun 13, 2018

Purchased 12 bags of mulch online at 3PM yesterday and went to pick it up after work. They were out even though they sold it to me 3 hours before. I can live with that. The problem was the smart *** employee who wanted to argue with me. This was the same kid that didn't have a vest or name tag on and took forever to show up in the lot. When he said he was out I said "Well That Is *** and started to head back inside. He proceeded to tell me that I needed to cool my attitude because he just got there at 5 and had nothing to do with it. Who is the F is he to tell me that. Don't they teach these people customer service? I hate Lowes and have ZERO tolerance for any crap what so ever due to a carpet issue my mom had with them a couple of years ago. We spend a lot of money in there that will start to be spent at Menard's where I can save big money and not put up with *** Lowes lost a good customer over $25 worth of Mulch.

"......spent at Menard's where I can save big money and not put up with ***"............................so why did you go to lowes????? so what empl wants to move 12 bags of dirty wet mulch somewhere else just to move it again when loaded????....would you????

Exactly why Lowes is losing market share.

your expectations are WAY to high!

Quit ordering on line and just go to the store and buy what you need. If you had bought mulch on-line at Menards they wouldn't pull it either.

They just don't have space to store product like this and if someone else gets it before you show up they do. You don't have to be abusive to the employees at the store, they don't set the policies and they can't go out back and make more for you.

@Anonymous

Spoken like a low ambition Lowe’s employee. Thanks for setting the bar so low.

@Butch Anderson

Never worked at Lowes but at Menards and know they wouldn't have done anything different.

#1501941
@Butch Anderson

So are you the original poster?Since you are This upset, send their Corporate Headquarters a letter detailing your complaint.Their contact information is found on their website.

#1501945
@Butch Anderson

Do you Really think that front line employees determine store policy?*shaking my head at the nonsense customers come up with*

@Anonymous

I don't know about the Lowe's in your area but the one here in Kissimmee has plenty of space for mulch. I just bought some the other day.I am trying to find a reliable and reputable fence installation company to put up a fence in my back yard but every company I look at have a lot of bad reviews.

I called Lowe's and got so much run around I called the corporate office. When I first called the store I got the customer service desk and asked them what subcontractor they use to install fencing. He gave me a name that doesn't even exist. I called back and got the Pro desk.

The guy could barely speak English and he didn't know either so he transferred me to the outside garden area. The guy out there said it was the fourth time today that guy had transferred calls to him. This guy was nice but he didn't know who installs fencing so I asked if there was a manager I could talk to. While I was on hold we got disconnected.

I gave up.It isn't clear on the website if Lowe's installs the fence or if another company does.

It's amazing to me that no one in central Florida is reputable enough and reliable enough to install a damned fence. How hard can it be anyway??????

View more comments (8)
Lowes Manager
fire Employee

Lowes - Don’t use Lowe’s for anything

Caused damage to my home and will not make good on it. Not worth your time or stress if something goes wrong. Probably the next big box company to go under based on how bad they treat customers.

I'll never go back. Terrible customer service.

Don't buy a Samsung refrigerator there. I love in the state capital of Montana and no one services Samsung. I made a comment on the Lowe's website about my experience and got 3 calls from my local store.

I was also told when I called that the store backs their products and not they would fix Samsung ice maker or replace the refrigerator. Bunch of liars.

Lowes Installation
Damaged or defective

Lowes in Kyle, Texas - Delivery Nightmares

We bought a new washer and dryer and they weren't able to deliver it until the following week, which was fine because it was after a big sale weekend so we weren't surprised. We went back a couple days later and bought a stove. They said they couldnt deliver it the same day because the truck was full... which we said no problem. That being said, each time we were told that we would get a call on the delivery day morning letting us know a 2 hour window for the delivery to take place. Long story short: The first delivery (washer and dryer) we NEVER received a delivery window... instead they called and let us know they were 20 minutes away. This was very annoying because everyone in the household works and no one was home, so I had to rush home from work to let them in... and thankfully they were late or, with our luck, they would have just left. The second delivery we did receive a delivery window... between 2-4pm. My wife left work early and went to the house. Around 5pm she sent me a message asking if I had heard from Lowes because no one had shown up yet. I told her no and called the store to follow up. The manager I spoke with at the Kyle, TX location was indifferent and talking to them was useless. I got the truck drivers number who said they would be there by 6... TWO HOURS LATE. The best part? They didn't even show up by 6. We expected more from Lowes in both their delivery process and in their customer service (or lack there of). Beware of their supposed delivery window... it'll cost you both time and money.

Stores should just quit delivering products and require that consumers arrange their own transportation for purchases. There are just too many things that can throw off a delivery schedule that are beyond the control of the store.

The biggest challenges are the consumers that aren't ready for their deliveries. For appliances the door openings may not be big enough. A path may need to be cleared through the house to get an appliance through. People waiting until their delivery is there to take the food out of their refrigerator.

And the list can go on and on. In a perfect world a store could give you an exact time your delivery would arrive but in the real world there are things beyond their control that cause delays.

Just think, have you ever been late to work or an event because of a traffic accident or congested roads? Not something you had planned on, but it just happens.

Lowes Home Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes in Hornell, New York - Poor customer service on warranty

2.1
Sept. 17, 20176. I purchased a Husqvarna lawn tractor. It currently has 35.5 hours. This afternoon I could not get it to start. It will crank, just wont turn over. Ran the battey down and put the battery pack to it. Still wont start. I called the 888 number. The lady said she could not see my purchase on "my lowe's" card. So I called the local store. The lady at the service counter said she would transfer me to the dept that handles the local service. After 15 minutes, Daniel answered. He found the purchase on "my lowe's card. He said that the mower has a 3 year warranty but because I did not purchase the extended warranty I would have to bring the mower to Lowe's and they would send it off to be repaired. In the meantime this disabled veteran would have to push mow just over an acre of grass while the mower will be out for god knows how long. I was under the impression that the local Lowe's store had qualified service people to stand behind their products in the event of a failure. Looks like the biggest failure here was me. I should have gone to the local guy who makes house calls and even loans me a rider in the event something can't be fixed on site. Lowe;s, you burned me once, but never again!

why would you think Lowe's has a service department?

HandyBlackbird

A follow up to my post. I called the local dealer/service shop.

I explained what was going on. He was here within 15 minutes. There was a problem with the fuel system. He said it's common with this brand of tractor.

Charged me $135.00 and my mower is running within an hour.Up yours lowes!

I will be paying off my lowes card tonight and closing the account. I would rather drive 50 miles that spend another dime with you.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Very frustrated and done with lowes
Warranty issue