Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Kyle, Texas - Delivery Nightmares

We bought a new washer and dryer and they weren't able to deliver it until the following week, which was fine because it was after a big sale weekend so we weren't surprised. We went back a couple days later and bought a stove. They said they couldnt deliver it the same day because the truck was full... which we said no problem. That being said, each time we were told that we would get a call on the delivery day morning letting us know a 2 hour window for the delivery to take place. Long story short: The first delivery (washer and dryer) we NEVER received a delivery window... instead they called and let us know they were 20 minutes away. This was very annoying because everyone in the household works and no one was home, so I had to rush home from work to let them in... and thankfully they were late or, with our luck, they would have just left. The second delivery we did receive a delivery window... between 2-4pm. My wife left work early and went to the house. Around 5pm she sent me a message asking if I had heard from Lowes because no one had shown up yet. I told her no and called the store to follow up. The manager I spoke with at the Kyle, TX location was indifferent and talking to them was useless. I got the truck drivers number who said they would be there by 6... TWO HOURS LATE. The best part? They didn't even show up by 6. We expected more from Lowes in both their delivery process and in their customer service (or lack there of). Beware of their supposed delivery window... it'll cost you both time and money.

Stores should just quit delivering products and require that consumers arrange their own transportation for purchases. There are just too many things that can throw off a delivery schedule that are beyond the control of the store.

The biggest challenges are the consumers that aren't ready for their deliveries. For appliances the door openings may not be big enough. A path may need to be cleared through the house to get an appliance through. People waiting until their delivery is there to take the food out of their refrigerator.

And the list can go on and on. In a perfect world a store could give you an exact time your delivery would arrive but in the real world there are things beyond their control that cause delays.

Just think, have you ever been late to work or an event because of a traffic accident or congested roads? Not something you had planned on, but it just happens.

Lowes Home Delivery Service

Lowes in Hornell, New York - Poor customer service on warranty

2.1
Sept. 17, 20176. I purchased a Husqvarna lawn tractor. It currently has 35.5 hours. This afternoon I could not get it to start. It will crank, just wont turn over. Ran the battey down and put the battery pack to it. Still wont start. I called the 888 number. The lady said she could not see my purchase on "my lowe's" card. So I called the local store. The lady at the service counter said she would transfer me to the dept that handles the local service. After 15 minutes, Daniel answered. He found the purchase on "my lowe's card. He said that the mower has a 3 year warranty but because I did not purchase the extended warranty I would have to bring the mower to Lowe's and they would send it off to be repaired. In the meantime this disabled veteran would have to push mow just over an acre of grass while the mower will be out for god knows how long. I was under the impression that the local Lowe's store had qualified service people to stand behind their products in the event of a failure. Looks like the biggest failure here was me. I should have gone to the local guy who makes house calls and even loans me a rider in the event something can't be fixed on site. Lowe;s, you burned me once, but never again!

why would you think Lowe's has a service department?

HandyBlackbird

A follow up to my post. I called the local dealer/service shop.

I explained what was going on. He was here within 15 minutes. There was a problem with the fuel system. He said it's common with this brand of tractor.

Charged me $135.00 and my mower is running within an hour.Up yours lowes!

I will be paying off my lowes card tonight and closing the account. I would rather drive 50 miles that spend another dime with you.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Very frustrated and done with lowes
Warranty issue
Loss
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Lawn Tractor Warranty Non Service

Carpet installation=whole house damage, Lowes says this is normal!

3.2
had my carpet installed by Lowes carpet installers. We were unable to be in the house during installation and was waiting in our garage for 6 hours in 96 degree heat. Once they left we noticed black smudges all over our walls, long black marks on all trim in every room,corners into several rooms were damaged, scrapes from them moving out furniture, furniture damage and chunks of wood out of our trim. The regional supervisor for the installation dept came to our home to inspect. Although he apologized, he assured me it was normal to have marks on trim and they should clean up, He said the black all over the walls was body oils and dirt from the installers body as they braced themselves during installation. He took pics of my son's furniture and was unable to scratch the paint off. he did say the chunks of t he wood trim were not normal. We discussed the corners being scratched in several archways from them moving furniture. A few days later he said they would offer us $100. I asked to speak to someone above him and she said the $100 was a generous offer. I was able to get some of the trim scuffs off with alot of elbow grease, magic eraser and ajax cleanser. The black oily smudges did not come off with mild detergent or magic eraser and those areas have been repainted. The trim needed wood filler and sanded and paint touch. The corners needed rebuilt with drywall repair, sanded and repainted. I am outraged that they would think that all of that was normal and it was in the contract I signed. I would agree that some smudges may happen but this was entirely disregard to someones home and that would be considered NORMAL.

as bad as you described the damage..how did you not notice it till after they left?????????????????

Lowe's doesn't have carpet installers so how can they have a regional supervisor for an installation department?

Lowes Carpet Installation
Pros
  • Offered a small token for the inconvience
  • Contacts to schedule the install and the call the day off
Cons
  • Husband vacummed what looked like butterscotch chips
  • Disrespect for our home
  • And spoke spanish all day without giving me updates in english
Bad quality
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes at their lows

It is regarding to the experience we just had at Rochester Hills, Mi Lowes. My wife was driving a car at Lowes and made a wrong turn. Right were was a guy coming on forklift at full speed and trying to ram her car. I stepped out of the car and asked what he was trying to do. Instead he was started to do a sexual jestures toward my wife and me and telling something about damn immigrants, my 11 old son had to endure all of this. I actually had to intervene against him ramming into my wifes car, he was highly violent. When I have asked his name he told that his name was "Dave Smith". I have managed to snach a picture of him in the forklift. I have never had heard so much bias and trash before. I will never shop at that place again, it seems to be too much indecent and biased, not to mention bad quality of goods and service.

Lowes - Door install

Went to Lowes in Richmond on West Broad 2 months ago and took 3 weeks to get them to measure. Its going into 3rd momth and door stlll has not arrived. Customet service is poor. Thinki g about cancelling.
Lowes Door Installation
Order processing issue

Lowes - Terrible experiance

1.7
My daughter bought a new fridge, Gas stove, dishwasher and microwave. After she purchased the items, They told her she had to pay $20.00 PER item to remove old items, AND $150.00 PER item to install the new items . Even the microwave if she wants it brought into her house... This is crazy, I told her she must have misunderstood, so she went back in to ask if it is a total of $150.00 or for each item. They told her it is each item and the price to haul away is not $20,00 each item , but $25.00. ( the website says $20.00) What happened to customer service? What choice does she have? She is requited to pay an extra $600.00 dollars just to use her $4000.00 worth of appliances? This is not okay. I will NEVER recomend Lowes, and I am going to let everyone I know what crooks they are. Do not buy from Lowes!

They can't dispose of the old appliances for nothing. Why should they eat the cost of disposal?

Have you bothered checking what your rubbish hauler or other recycler would charge to take them away. Bet you'll find the $25 per appliance is reasonable.

As far as installation goes do you think the people they have install them should work for free, cover the cost of their vehicle and fuel costs? Just because you purchase a product doesn't mean a store should cover all the extras you want at no charge.

@Anonymous

haul away cost sound reasonable but....exc $150 ea install is insane..,,,but,,,they shoulda read the paperwork (contract/fine print)b4 buying!!!!!!!!!!

Lowes Dishwasher Installation
Loss
Preferred solution
I don't think she should have to pay to have her items installed.
Tags
  • lowes rudeness
  • installation rip-offs
  • Dismissive To Customers

Lowes - Online ordering.

Wanted to place an order online with pickup in store. Had already been to the store in person but none of the bathtub fixtures we wanted were in anything but shiny chrome. After searching I found what I wanted and went to add my info. Since I used my credit card I had to put in my address, then it wanted my phone number, ok. Then it wanted my email address also which I did not want to give as my inbox is filled with spam every day. I called the store to order but you are not allowed to give them an order and payment by phone. Now you may say that I could give the email for notification but that info is already estimated when you place the order. In the end I ordered from ebay.

You need to provide an email address to order from eBay as well. Just stop ordering things online, lazy idiot.

Order processing issue

Lowes in Wichita, Kansas - Price matching

Lowe’s states they will price match but yet. Today I found out otherwise. I wasn’t very happy the don’t and plus customer service is horrible. Rude appliance associate

You don't say what you were trying to get a price match on. Was it an identical item (brand, model, color etc)?

Was it an item being closed out at another store? Was it even available at the other store?

There are a lot of reasons stores don't match prices. Provide all the facts to show you are making a reasonable request.

the price match does not cover everything, price match does have stipulations. for example: it has to be the same model if you're matching off of a competitor website.

if you need to see what the limitations are go to lowes.com and search price match. it is very helpful.

Pricing issue

Lowes in San Jose, California - Horrible Delivery 2x failed attempts

2.1
They take your money but fail to deliver. Literally. Two failed attempts. Lousy communication. No one can coordinate. You spend 3K you expect at least adequate service. Got a full refund and going to sears.
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Store manager apology
Cons
  • Delivery
  • Having to take multiple days off work
  • Disconnect from store to logistics and dc
Problem with delivery

I PURCHASED A SAMSUNG REFRIGERATOR IN DECEMBER. IT STARTED LEAKING WATER IN JANUARY. I CALLED THE LOCAL LOWES STORE IN MCCOMB,MS. I WAS TOLD THEY DON'T SERVICE SAMSUNG AND THE CLOSEST SERVICE WAS

NORTH CAROLINA. IT TOOK ME UNTIL MAY TO GET A REFUND FROM SAMSUNG. I PURCHASED A WHIRLPOOL REFRIGERATOR FROM LOWES. TWO MEN CAME LAST WEEK TO DELIVER IT. THEY BROUGHT IT IN, PLUGGED IT IN AND LEFT. THEY WERE AWARE I HAD FOOD TO PUT BACK IN FRIDGE, AND MY FROZEN FOOD WAS IN KITCHEN SINK. THE PACKAGING WAS NOT TOUCHED INSIDE THE FRIDGE, THE SHELVES WERE NOT PUT IN, ONE GUY TOLD ME HE COULDN'T HOOK UP THE ICE MAKER I WOULD HAVE TO CALL A PLUMBER. THE LINE NEEDED REPLACING,BUT THE WATER HOOKUP WAS THERE. I CALLED THE LOWE'S STORE AGAIN, AND WAS TOLD BY MELISSA,SOMEONE WOULD BE THERE SATURDAY MORNING. NOONE SHOWED, NOONE CALLED. I CALLED LOWE'S AGAIN. NOW I AM SUPPOSED TO HAVE SOMEONE COMING OUT MONDAY. WE WILL SEE. THIS HAS BEEN A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. WITH THE WATER LEAK I HAD TO PUT DOWN TOWELS AND CHANGE THEM EVERY 2 HOURS. MY FLOOR IS BUCKLING NOW FROM THE WATER.

LOWE'S DOESN'T SERVICE ANY APPLIANCE BRAND BECAUSE THEY ARE JUST THE RETAILER AND NOT THE MANUFACTURER! THEY HAVE DIRECTED YOU TO THE MANUFACTURERS REPAIR FACILITY SO WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT LOWE'S?

h.kitchener

Never, ever buy a fridge with an icemaker or water dispenser. Too many problems. Now you know.

@h.kitchener