Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes review in League City, Texas: Order and delivery

I have never had so much trouble trying to purchase a washer and dryer. This is a timeline of my experience in Pearland and League City Texas. 06/06: 1405 hours Called Lowe's @ 281-412-6300. Was on hold for 6 minutes, 22 seconds and couldn't get a person to answer. 1411 hours Called Lowe's @ 281-412-6300. Spoke with Naomi who said I can't pay over the phone. That took 11 minutes, 25 seconds. 2145 hours Called 800-445-6937. Was told Naomi was wrong and they could order for me. The problem was that the dryer advertised on Lowes.com wasn't available. Why is it on the website if it can't be sold? This took 40 minutes, 23 seconds. 2231 hours Called 281-337-9770. Placed an order over the phone but the dryer may not be available for 6 weeks. This took 53 minutes, 53 seconds. 06/07 1949 hours Called 281-337-9770 to check on order. This took 14 minutes, 6 seconds. 06/09 0856 hours Called 281-337-9770 to check on order. This took 23 minutes, 45 seconds. The delivery team delivered the washer before the scheduled time frame. My daughter-in-law was at the store purchasing the hoses when they arrived early. We had to hook it up ourselves because they didn't come when promised. 06/12 XPO left a message stating that the dryer will be delivered on 06/13 between 1300-1500. In anticipation, my son pulled out the old dryer and moved it to the garage. 06/13 1046 hours Received a message from 281-337-9770 that the dryer won't be delivered that day. My son had to bring the old dryer back in and hook it up. 06/19 XPO calls and schedules delivery of the dryer on 06/20 between 1130-1330. 06/20 0900: Delivery driver calls and wants to bring the dryer now. No one was home to accept the delivery because we made plans to be there from 1130-1330. The driver said he was going to Galveston and he was nearby now. I reiterated that it was scheduled from 1130-1330. 1330 comes and goes, still no dryer. 1405 hours Called XPO to check on delivery. No change. This took 14 minutes, 47 seconds. 1705 hours Still no dryer. Called XPO . They said delivery window had changed to 1400-1600. I wasn't informed of this. 1800: Delivery team arrives. Said they were late because of the rain. They refused to unload the dryer because my son questioned them on why they were not there at the scheduled time. At the time they arrived, my son was taking a TIMED test. He had to stop taking the test to talk with the (non) delivery team. What is the point of the delivery window if they just show up when it is convenient for them?
Lowes Customer Care

Lowes review in Benton Harbor, Michigan: Trees

Went into Lowe's to talk to them about getting help with the trees that we had spent good money on and they died. I couldn't find my recipet for ones that died but had my recipe for other items that was bought the same day but they refused to honor it the trees were 89.99 each red maples I even had the dead trees with me and still refused to do anything. I am very disappointed and will start shopping else where we always spend good money on our yard thru Lowe's but will not do it anymore. I had talked to the guy in lawn and garden and he said they would just do a trade on the trees but the front manager would not.

recipet recipe.......................which is the spelling for "receipt"? i will get it correct if i keep trying different ways

It's already more than they really should do to offer a guarantee on plants. It's not their fault if you can't grow something.

The very least you need to do is keep track of your receipts. That's your own fault.

Did you purchase the trees on a credit card? If so, they can use the credit card to look up the receipt.

Having worked for another home center Lowes is no different in their 1 year plant warranty. Bring the plant back with your receipt and they will exchange it if it dies in the first year.

Without the receipt there is no way to prove how old the plant is. It isn't unreasonable for a retailer to expect some type of documentation to prove the date of purchase it and that you purchased it from them and not a competitor.

@Anonymous

Can't look it up with no item number. Which is what the receipt is for.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Customer Care
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes review: Terrible experience

Went to Lowe’s ordered our flooring laminate and carpet. They told us 10 days to get everything installed got a called and it was over a month away. They said they were going to deliver our laminate early in case they had an opening called the week of the originals install date wanting to come two days early we said yes. The laminate guy called at 9:30 saying a half an hour away didn’t show up until after 11:30 worked for two hours left said he would be back the next day between 9-10 didn’t show up again till after 11:30 worked for 3 hours and left showed up late the following day which was a weekday and worked till almost 10 at night. Flooring looks like *** and they won’t do anything about it. This is the worst company possible and do not ever come here for anything. This place flat out sucks
Lowes Flooring Installation
Bad quality

Lowes review: Poor customer service

I tried to return a bathroom faucet I purchased about 1 month earlier. I was told they would not return it without a receipt. I have returned items to them before with no receipt and there was never a problem getting in store credit. Customer service was rude and acted like they dont care. Now they have lost a customer who spent $8000 in the last 3 months over a $50 faucet. I will never shop at lowes again. Home Depot all the way.

Did you post the fact that you spent $8000 in the last 3 months so you would get a faster response from Lowes *provided anyone from Lowes will respond to your complaint*?

I work at a lowes and the reason why they probably couldn't return it because its over $250. Without the receipt we can't return it because we don't know if someone stole it or what.

It just to be sure you get your money back right. It's not being rude or anything that's the policy. Its also electrical stuff too.

No one can return a facet that's over "250. Some items DO require a receipt.

Lowes policy blocks some returns on commonly stolen items or very expensive items without receipts. This often includes plumbing, there is nothing the store can do to change that as it’s corporate’s rule. Should have held on to your receipt or the card you used to purchase it.

You say that you have returned other items without a receipt. Perhaps you have exceeded the amount of returns they allow without a receipt.

Honest customers paying for products are given receipts and they give some grace for those who ,lose or misplace a receipt but they will only go so far. Shoplifters will never have a receipt and that is why stores limit the amount or returns made without one. If you are an honest customer, go home and look a little harder for the receipt.

If you are a shoplifter and finally got stopped in your attempts to return products you don't have receipts for, you got what you deserved. Home Depot, Menards and other home centers won't treat you any different.

@Anonymous

Are you a Lowes employee? I find borderline rude and anonymous responses to ALL complaints about Lowes.

Admittedly, your statements are correct. However, the fact that there is so much nasty directed at folks who complain is part of the problem with the culture at Lowes.

The customer is always wrong.All an employee has to do is calmly and logically explain the policy and why it is in place. Kindness and politeness goes quite a long way.

@Mischa

No, I am not a Lowes employee but have worked in retail. No, the customer is not always wrong but on the other hand.

which too many people believe, the customer is not alway right either. I don't see how my comment it rude. It is just a statement of fact in an attempt to explain why stores do the things they do. You will also find that retail employees get a lot of abuse from the customers that have they attitude that they are always right that it isn't hard to get defensive and push back to some extent.

If people would only stop and think about why policies are in place and realize the employees can't ignore them without risking their job before they start abusing the employee they are talking to they my get into a more rational discussion of the situation. You'd be surprised at the language that comes out of the mouths of customers that don't get their way.

It would be pretty rare for an retail employee to start swearing at a customer. A little respect goes a long way on both sides of the counter.

@Mischa

Was customer service rude or are you mad because in your mind no = rude?

Home Depots return policy is identical by the way. It is a legal requirement for you to show proof of purchase to do any return. It's the law, deal with it.

Was the faucet used when you tried to return it because according to Lowes return policy, which I found on the Internet, this is what is stated...30-Day ReturnsThe following items must be returned in "like new" condition with the original receipt within 30 days of purchase.Major appliancesRefrigerators, washers, dryers, ranges, hoods, dishwashers, some microwaves, etc.

View more comments (8)
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes is only interested in your wallet

2.5
Went with Lowe's as contractors are difficult to locate in our area unless one has a very big money project. I believed that Lowe's stood behind its work as they are a national corporation with a reputation to protect. Kitchen designer was awesome. I went into the project just looking to replace countertops in the kitchen and two bathrooms and ended up having the entire kitchen remodeled and expanded and new stools and vanities in both bathrooms. This was not a low end remodel- we spent well over 25k just at Lowes with several things bought elsewhere. Things began badly with terrible communication from the Project Coordinator that resulted in having our old kitchen torn out with a projected date of return to finish five weeks away. Fortunately, the granite was installed sooner than expected but the trouble was just beginning. Incredibly long story short, kitchen was paid for 100% in February. Work began March 19th and as of June 18th there's no end in sight. This has been the worst experience of my life and has nearly ruined my marriage as my husband (who works 60 hours a week) spends all of his time off repairing the damage done by the first contractor (who I had to fire due to being insulted, my home and belongings damaged, poor workmanship, and incredibly unprofessional behavior from not only his employees but also the owner). We haven't had sinks in the bathrooms since April and cannot entertain in our home as the dining room is filled with kitchen materials. Getting corporate involved actually made things WORSE. Although usually executive level customer service is exceptional- the best of the best - it's obvious that the rep assigned to the project couldn't care less. He just wants to move the file into the "done " box. Lowes not only doesn't stand behind its work, it will find every possible excuse to deny responsibility. I have more than 5k worth of cracked granite (turns out that it was "quarry fill" - a shady practice in which a cracked granite slab is turned into a sellable one with cheap glue that dissolves when the countertop is cleaned), cabinets that are ruined from improper installation, a tile floor that was in near perfect condition that needs to be replaced, and much more. Every contractor who has been in the house has been shocked by the terrible workmanship and angered because "this kind of thing makes all contractors look bad". I was told the subcontractor has never been a problem (untrue), everyone involved with the granite is more concerned about throwing the next company under the bus than in seeing the customer treated well, and if I have the cabinets installed in July it will be a miracle. I believe I may have to hire an attorney - although Lowes is technically fulfilling the contract, if agonizingly slowly. The kitchen designer said that she has never seen so many things go wrong on one job or a project take so long. Or at least she did before she was told she was off the project (meaning: don't provide service to this customer any longer unless she opens her wallet again). If someone had told me this would happen, I would not have believed it. And Lowes absolutely refuses to apologize or to tell me that they will make things right. I have tried to be patient and understanding, but these people would try the patience of Job. In the past year we have spent almost 60k at Lowes and planned to have vinyl siding installed and more work done but Lowes will never get another penny from us. When I told the executive customer service representative this, he nearly came out and said, "yeah, whatever ". I have never seen anything like this before. No one cares. Customers are only vehicles for their wallets. They take 100% payment up front and provide service at their leisure. And the customer is always wrong.

When you have work done by a contractor through Lowes or Home Depot you never know who will be working on your home. They hire the lowest price contractors they can find and then mark up their charges.

You are better off going through the work of locating your own contractor.

That way you can check references and know exactly who will be working in your home. You will often end up paying less as well as you don't pay the stores mark up on the contractors labor.

This complaint is a long chapter in a book.

@Anonymous

The book being Lowes terrible track record or my complaint?

@Anonymous

Your snarky comment would carry more weight if you attached a name to it. Anonymous, you are very busy attacking anyone who files a complaint against Lowes. One could be forgiven for wondering if you are employed by the company.

@Mischa

I do not reply to all complaints against Lowes.I do not work at Lowes or at any DIY store.I work in an entirely different industry.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Kitchen Remodeling
Cons
  • Coordination of project
  • Unbelievably poor service
  • Very frustrated and done with lowes

Lowes review: Horrible

Ordered washer and dryer that never came, was given a new delivery date but still didn't come and this time they didn't even bother to call. They also use a third party to do there shipping, this is also an interesting adventure. To add injury to insult they charged my credit card twice. This will take another couple of weeks to sort this out. Ended up at Conn's bought same washer and dryer stock better price and delivered next day. Always had a pretty good experience with Loews but did ever drop the ball on this purchase. This just might be a fluke but beware.
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Poor customer service
Poor customer service
Thinking about a major purchase from Lowe’s and wondering about their customer service standards if you were to have a problem? Read this and beware. Monday May 7 purchased dishwasher connectors and installation in Epping NH. Spent over $800 I was told I’d hear from...
Lowes Dishwasher Installation
Order processing issue

Lowes review: Extended Purchase Plan for Mower

I purchased an Extended Purchase Plan with my self-propelled mower in April 2016. The handle has broken twice. The first time Lowes said the barcode was not on the outside of the mower. We had the receipt and the store took it and said no problem. We found out about the barcode later. Store managers pretty much told us we were somehow trying to 'cheat' them. After a couple of months, it got taken care of. The handle has broken again, and they say it is not covered by the EPP. The service company says it is, lowes reps refuse to cover it. We are going back and forth. I am not sure that the customer service reps understand that you have to engage/pull on the handle to engage the blade. They are saying we have damaged the handle on purpose! They will not provide the EPP number to the contracted service company. We have been working on this for about a month now. I have spoken to customer service about four times and the service company about three times. Just got another call! Do yourself a favor and shop at Home Dept. I have excellent experiences with them!
Product
Lowes Protection Plan
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes review: Loews Sucks

2.3
Loews is the worst company I have ever dealt with . I had a delivery scheduled for 6/15/18 they never showed up. After calling I was told the order was cancelled . I never cancelled it. I call the Exec office and was told it was not cancelled it was on the truck. I called back exec office and was told they made a mistake and gave me BS and said their elevator broke and it will be delivered on Sunday morning. I called at 11:00 was told it will be here soon. I called at 1:50 was told it will be here in 10 min by 2:00 PM it is now 2:35 no calls from anyone. on hold with shipping. Next time I go to HOME DEPOT and everyone else should Not but at Loews
#1519564

Lowes uses a company called DSI ( F rating on BBB) where I live - Northern CA. We are on day 39 of living in a hotel since DSI subcontracted with a company that clearly didn’t train employees how to hook up washing machines.

Home was flooded, thousands of dollars to repair. DSI and their subcontractor refused to give insurance info - a violation of state regulations. Lowes gave me claim number, sent an adjuster then refused to pay for home repairs. Why?

Because as a renter I requested a separate claim for the owner and refused to take money on her behalf. Now we wait until homeowners insurance approves repairs. So yeah ...

social media. Check us out IG #weboughtawasher and twitter @cropjester

Type yhttps://www.facebook.com/DumpLowes/

Not sure where you're all from... But in Pa, Lowe's owns and hires their drivers. There is no third party delivery unless you are getting something directly shipped via FedEx or UPS.

Home Depot uses the same delivery company so good luck with that.

Lowes has a 3rd party delivering company. They don't hire drivers or anyone to deliever.

It's all a different company that handles deliveries. Lowes only puts the item out for delivery on the trucks and then what ever happens with the drivers and the trucks iant lowes responsibility it's the 3rd party.

@Anonymous

Yes but that company need to answer to Loews for screw up. Besides it was a LOEW'S F_CK up they did not get the product down from the store warehouse

@Anonymous

Loews never put the item out for Delivery

I just love the people complaining here about Lowes that are headed to Home Depot as though it is going to punish Lowes. You obviously haven't bothered to look at the posts about Home Depot.

There are just as many people there that are running to Lowes because Home Depot screwed up their delivery. The fact is, deliveries can be a problem for any store. If I owned a store there would be no deliveries. Customers would have to arrange their own transportation if it's as simple as they seem to think it is.

I have purchased from both Lowes and Home Depot and have had good luck with their deliveries.

I had worked at another home center and they were the only store I had delivery problems with. They figured that since I was an employee I wouldn't mind sitting around on my 1 day a week off waiting for my delivery rather than working on the project i had planned.

@Anonymous

when you leave a company to purchase from another company it hurts their bottom line. it also shows them there are issues that need improvement

@Steve

The point is that Home Depot is no better. When you walk out of Home Depot mad, where are you going next?

Lowes Does Not have a delivery service.Lowes contracts out with a third party vendor to deliver their products.So your complaint is with the third party vendor, Not Lowes.Home Depot also uses a third party vendor to deliver their products.So the Same thing happens at Home Depot as well.

@Anonymous

I was dealing with the Loews office, and was then told their store elevator was out and assured it would be delivered.Bottom line is I bought it from Loews, They are responsible for the companies they hire to deliver products. I did not need to lose 2 days of work and not have any food due to their negligence

Your wrong and stupid. Every truck they have says Lowe’s.{{Redacted}}

@Anonymous

Trust me, it's in the PA Eastern coast area, it's 3rd party.

@Anonymous

It's Lowe's responsibility to make sure it is done correct, not the buyers job to track down the 3rd party

View more comments (14)
Review
#1282039 Review #1282039 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Suck
Problem with delivery
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Tags
  • poor delivery service

Resolved: Lowes review in Trotwood, Ohio: Special order sat in store until I called to question why delivery was late

3.2

Update by user Jun 17, 2018

The local Lowes store was able to deliver on the 16th, apparently as an extra delivery for that day.

Update by user Jun 17, 2018

A short update. After filing a complain through their customer service, the store called me and - magically - the decking material did fit on their box truck and they could deliver it on the 16th as promised.

Amazing that the materials suddenly could fit when I was told they would not.

But, I give credit to the store to make things right and provide me the materials when I was promised, and happily I did not need to waste any vacation days. So, a big thank you to the store for making the effort to meet the original commitment.

Original review posted by user Jun 16, 2018

I needed to special order decking materials, and Lowes sent me an email with a delivery date of June 16 - not to the store, but to me. The local store was to receive it June 14. When I called to ask where I was in the expected delivery - I was told that it would not be the 16th, but the 19th was the soonest. Evidently it was not scheduled for delivery at all - until I called. When the special order arrived on the 14th, the store did nothing, no call to schedule or confirm - but waited on me to call to ask where it was. When I called Lowe's customer service - they said since the material was at the store already - they could do nothing but send a complaint to the store. So, no one at Lowes seems to want to make this right, or at least offer something for my giving up two vacation days without materials that I cannot get back - wasted. Just an "I'm sorry" and you will have to wait until the 19th. This is unacceptable and poor business process - the company promises delivery, but the local store not only does not deliver, but never even scheduled it. Back to Home Depot I go.
Resolved
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Delivery service did not show up when scheduled
  • How they have handled this situation
Problem with delivery