Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Sylva NC is terrible

I waited on a delivery for 1 month. The day of the delivery i called at 3pm they could not tell me it was going to ne delivered. It was not delivered. They did call to tell me they sold the shingles i bought to someone else. The manager Mark is awful, he is so unorganized. Fire him now. My boyfriend had to go today to pick up our material because my builder will be at my house first thing in the morning. People save your money go somewhere else or you will be sorry. This is the second time we have had a delivery and both times they have lied over and over. They have horrible customer service.
Lowes Manager
Poor customer service

Lowes Protection plan is organized fraud

I purchased all my appliances easton Lowes store May 29 2016 with 5 years protection plan. About a month ago my washer broken and I called Lowes service dep. and they sent a service technician he looked my washer and he sad your washer has big issue but do not worry you covered with protection plan. I received phone call couple days later from the lowes service dep. and they told me your machine needs to be replace. Couple days later Lowes called me and told me they can not locate my purchase and they sad, I returned my appliances which was the most ridicules thing that I ever heard because I still have them. anyway I gave them my lowes membership account print out where all my purchased recorded by Lowes. still they sad they can not locate my purchase. I have spent countless hour on the phone and writing email still no result. One of their representative called and sad he fixed the issue and gave me reference number and sad in couple days Lowes would called you to schedule a delivery but no one called me and I called Lowes and they sad whoever you talked made a mistake we can not confirm your purchase. I cal Lowes blame their local store local store says they called Lowes gave them all info still no result. It seems to me Lowes sells protection plan but it is fraud they do not provide any services. blaming their local store local store blames Lowes super service dep. No one takes responsibility. I have all the emails that Lowes sent me.

Must be some doozie of a washer to be worth $8,000. Yes, you have a frustrating situation and I agree their service in this situation is poor.

At this point, stop calling them. Send a complaint via overnight registered mail. Include your receipts and even pictures of the washer including one of the tag with model and serial numbers keeping copies of everything you send.

A paper trail will help prove your case if you end up taking them to court and they know it. You have no way of proving you have mad phone calls, what was said or who you talked to.

all extended warranties and protection plans are a fraud. Always have been.

@Anonymous

not if you keep your receipt. most customers come in without a receipt and expect lowes to find it for them. save your receipts, that’s why you have a receipt in the first place.

Product
Lowes Protection Plan
Pros
  • Disaster
Warranty issue
Loss

Lowes in Yuba City, California - Terrible customer service

4.0
Went to the Yuba City Ca. Store today around 3:30pm to pick-up some parts to repair my home irrigation system and was in the aisle trying to determine what fittings I needed , a sale associate walked past me no hello or do you need help so I continued to look for my fittings still no can I help you he grabbed a ladder moving it by my side went up it and got a couple merchandise boxes and started putting them on the shelf still no can I help you so Ilooked a little longer and could not find what I needed so I asked him if the item was still made and he said NO make your own. Well as this item is an item that I know is used quite a bit I did not believe it was no longer available so I put the fittings back and left and drove across the street to Home Depot and purchased my fittings, they had all of them including the one the lowes rep said they were not available. This man was so uninterested in doing his job and looked angry just being there I thought you should know. I did not get his name but he was thin, 6’, Caucasian, with tattoos on his arms. I only spent around 8 dollars this time but I will be building fences at my home 84’ in fact and I will be purchasing that material at Home Depot even thoughI had planned to purchase it at lowes. Sorry but I do not have to put up with that type of attitude.

Lowe's is a self service home improvement store. That's how they can charge less for their products than the full service stores that went out of business because people only want to save a few bucks and don't actually care about getting service or not.

This has been going on for 40 years and it is only going to get worse with all the internet shopping going on.

Unfortunately the stores that have the people and are willing to provide actual customer service are all gone now. So deal with it.

@Anonymous

Lowes is most definitely not a self service home improvement store that is why there are employees on the sales floor to assist customers. You should really get your facts together before you make stupid comments, oh wait you are anonymous you think you can say whatever you want. Sad!!!!

@Anonymous

The employees are there to put freight away. Lowe's doesn't want knowledge on the floor, they want you to do your own research using their stunning website.

Review
#1271972 Review #1271972 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Sales Representative
Cons
  • Customer service employee
Tags
  • Terrible Customer Service

Lowes in Warwick, Rhode Island - Delivery Service is HORRIBLE!!!!!

I used Lowes delivery service for the first time, thinking it would be a nice idea. I couldn't have been more wrong. It is a total disgrace and Lowes cares absolutely nothing about customer inconvenience due to their incompetence. They randomly changed my delivery time, didn't tell me, didn't call me 30 minutes before, then just showed up, made the delivery, omitted one item, didn't take my old grill and then the phone calls began. I have made no less than 4 calls all 30-60 minutes each to try to get this resolved, always talking to a different person and always having to exp[lain the entire situation over again. Allegedly, my item is coming tomorrow, I will believe it when I see it. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL with no regard for the customer at all. I will NOT be using this terrible service any longer and will certainly look elsewhere when purchasing online. Please pass the word of this rotten experience so others will know! It is surprising how little they care about customers.
Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes - WORST customer service - WORST @ actually fulfilling customer orders

Honestly, I do not know WHAT has happened over the past months with Lowes. We used to love shopping at Lowes stores, but now...…. 1) Ordered a towel bar directly from one store location via telephone on May 30th for shipment to my home on June 1st. The cost was posted to my credit card. Imagine my surprise that by June 2nd no towel bar was received. Called them and no one could even tell me anything because the manager only worked Mon-Fri. Called June 4th and spoke to the manager who quickly found out that the person who SHOULD have shipped the towel bar never did. It's on its way to me today for delivery tomorrow. 2) Placed an online order for a bathroom vanity light bar on May 30th. Was advised that it would be at the store on June 5th for pick up. Called today just to verify only to find out that not only isn't it enroute to the store, the vendor isn't even going to have it ready to ship to the store until MAYBE June 20th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you freaking kidding me!!!!!!!!!!! I'm supposed to tell the contractor "sorry, you'll have to wait to finish my bathroom remodel"!!!!!!!!!!! Of course the agent I spoke with at the 800# wasn't concerned since it didn't impact her!!!!!!!!!

Have you learned a lesson? If you have a deadline for a product GO TO THE STORE and pick out a product they have in stock and take it home with you.

When stores order products from a manufacturer they have been provided with normal delivery times (which is the expected date they provide to you). If the manufacturers warehouse is out of stock the item gets backordered until they receive more.

Some suppliers are better than others about letting a store know the item has been backordered. Unfortunately the store can't just go in the back room and whip up a product for you.

@Anonymous

If they would have had the product in stock I would have purchased it while in the store. Can't purchase something if they don't have it and it has to be ordered.

@Anonymous

You may have to settle for another style or size in buying something from stock but at least it would be there when you need it.

Order processing issue

Lowes - NO WINDOW YET

ON APRIL 18 2018 LOWES CAME OUT ABOUT A BROKEN WINDOW THAT I HAS THEY GAVE ME A PRICE AND I PAID THEM THEY TOLD ME THAT IT WOULD TAKE ABOUT TWO AND A HALF WEEKS SO I WAS OKAY WITH THAT BUT THEN AFTER THE TWO AND A HALF WEEKS CAME I RECIEVE THE WRONG WINDOW SO NOW THEY TELL ME IT WILL BE ANOTHER TWO AND HALF WEEKS NOW THEY GOT MY MONEY SO WHEN THAT TWO WEEK WAS HERE I CALL THEM AND THEY TELL ME IT WILL BE JUNE 21 BEFORE THE WINDOW GET HERE HOW SORRY IS THAT.ALL I CAN SAY IS NEVER AGAIN WILL I ORDER SOMETHING LIKE THIS FROM LOWES THEY COULD OF HAVE GAVE ME A DISCOUNT OR SOMETHING THEY DON`T ACT LIKE IT A BIG DEAL OR ANYTHING BUT IF THE SHOE WAS ON THE OTHER FOOT I`M SURE THINGS WOULD BE DIFFERENCE THEN THIS IS THE WORST EXPERENCE I EVER HAD LOWES SHOULD BE ASHAME OF THEMSELF ON HOW THEY TREATED A COUSTUMER
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Elizabeth City, North Carolina - Lowe's Window Installer Destroyed My House

Update by user Jul 03, 2018

Today I learned that the Project Coordinator is back on the scene in Indiana, not the Insurance Agent in North Carolina. I just paid out $22,000.00 to have building code windows in my house and Lowe's out of building code windows removed, and siding replaced from their window installer and band-aide crew they hired.

Sent the insurance agent and the CEO the bill. Gave them until June 27th, 2018 to pay. Nope, even filed a complaint with the Dept of Justice and they won't even reply to them let alone the adjuster that has been trying to get in contact with the insurance agent. Went to return windows to Lowe's Elizabeth City and they refused them on June 20, 2018.

Gave them 10 days to get them off of my property, and not responsible for any damages, or they would be deposed of. Kinda funny dealing with the Project coordinator in Indiana from Dec. 2017-Feb. 11, 2018 and he did nothing while I watched my house being destroyed, then it goes to the insurance agent Feb.

20 2018-whenever, now back to the Project Coordinator. Not only that, the Project Coordinator continues to tell the Bank/Credit Card company that this dispute is resolved and I have been dealing with them since Jan.

2018 on a monthly basis to continue to dispute the charge. Next step, Federal Trade Comission in North Carolina and the Attorney General in Indiana.

Original review posted by user Jun 03, 2018

I contracted in Oct. 2017 to have a 15 window install in my parents house that I am renovating. The last major renovation before selling it. Nov. 2017, they installed the windows and in Dec. 2017 I started complaining about leaks, hole in bathroom wall, installers threw away part of my siding, put roofing nails in my siding which cracked it, used washable caulking that ran down my siding when it rained, caulking cracked all around the windows, damaged a mulled window (still sitting there), damaged 2 bedrooms of paneling, ran out of wood for the trim so instead of a 45 degree, it was left straight, sold me windows not in building code. This is still a ongoing dispute and it is June 2018, HURRICANE SEASON! This has been a nightmare. After multiple phone calls in and out of state, I finally was able to reach someone that had the nerve to give me the project coordinator e-mail address (in Feb. 2018) to send pictures to him about the damages since him and his assistant were totally deaf to my pleads. In Jan 2018, another contractor for Lowe's came out and took pictures and sent his pictures to the project coordinator assistant, nothing happened. I did not get any reply from the project coordinator after I sent him pictures so, I researched and found the CEO e-mail address and included him in the correspondence along with pictures. Then I get a reply that it had been turned over to Lowe's insurance. Adjuster came out in Feb. 2018 sent his report to the Senior Claims Examiner in Legal in March 2018. April 2018 I get a settlement agreement, but by that time I had torn out the paneling and insulation in my walls, to find large and small holes in the outside walls covered up with moisture barrier tape that was leaking into my walls, mold and mildew in my walls, damaged floor, mold and mildew in my insulation. I requested that they include in the agreement that I could resubmit for the additional damages since the adjuster did not see this damage so I could have this repaired and send them the bill. Apparently not! The adjuster wanted to come out to assess the damage for the mold and mildew only in May 2018, not the holes in the outside walls, not the damage floor, just the mold and mildew! Their agreement states that I will not tell anyone about this, I will not sue any employee or their companies and I am suppose to settle for approximately 10-15 thousand less then what the damages are because of their negligence, incompetence, intentional disregard towards someone else's property. They have held my house hostage since Dec. 2017 while I continue to pay taxes, utilities, insurance, HOA fees. I have also had to start including the Senior Claims Examiner in Legal supervisor in my e-mail because of the games she enjoys playing ( out of the office from April 6, 2018-May 10, 2018, she was there on April 12, 2018) I am a senior and retired with limited income that has approximately $60,000 in damages from a window installer that is only licensed by the State of NC for fence, deck and siding! It is June 2018 now, I hope that no one has to go through this nightmare as I have and will probably continue on until they pay for the full damages.

Does Lowe’s use unlicensed installers ?

@Anonymous

Apparently so, this contractor was licensed for fence, deck and siding but not window install, checked around and the contractor wants to start installing windows. My house, his test subject.

Lowes Window Installation
Damages
Loss
Preferred solution
Full cost of damages and out of my life

Lowes in Louisville, Colorado - Appliance purchase

2.2
DO NOT PURCHASE APPLIANCES from Lowe’s. They mistakenly priced an undamaged clearance item too low, so they intensionally damaged it before delivery so I would not accept it when it was delivered. They then sold the damaged unit for more than my original undamaged purchase price. Total liars- do not trust them!!
Pricing issue

Lowes in Matamoras, Pennsylvania - Employees not helpful

2.7
Lowe’s seems to only employ condescending {{Redacted}} I asked to see the refrigerator water filters, you know, point me in the right direction, when old retiree that apparently didn’t save for retirement and now has to work asked what make and model. I replied I didn’t know and that I would know what I need when I see it. Apparently that was hilarious. Another time I wanted to see the selection of backsplashes and after waiting a few minutes to find an employee that wasn’t on their phone, they begrudgingly told me an isle number that didn’t exist. Home Depot it is. Westfall, PA.

You'd be surprised how many {{REDACTED}} buy the wrong product, tear the package apart and return that filter they knew was the right one when they saw it. They did the correct thing by asking what make and model you had so they could get you the correct filter. Seems like they were there to be helpful but you were being the *** in not appreciating what they were trying to do for you.

If you're so savvy that you'll "know it when you see it" then figure out how to find the aisle with the water filters. Even Lowe's *** website will tell you that.Backsplashes come in two forms.

The cheap, fake plastic sheets that are in the kitchen department or actual tile from the flooring department. It's not that hard.

Lowes - Faucets

Train your employees. They do not know what they are doing. Train employees. {{Redacted}} Close your store for one or two days and trains employees. nearly $400 dollars to buy $150 faucets and have them installed. This is insanity and then tack on $35 delivery fee. I went to Lowes to buy carpet and it was so expensive, I saved $2000 going elsewhere. Train employees. Train employees.

Train the employees on What?

Someone needs to train you on writing complaints.