Lowes Reviews

Show reviews that mention
store service customer service customer home order manager home depot delivery phone
Filter review

Lied about availability

With a heat wave approaching, I went online to order a window air conditioner. At 7 am on Monday, June 21 it said that one was in stock at the 19148 store in Philadelphia. I placed an order. It was confirmed. The email said to wait for confirmation of pick up. As we would be near that store, we drove over at 10 am to pick it up. We were taken aback to discover that the store did not have any 8000 BTU GE ultra quiet premium air conditioner in stock! The supervisor said that Lowes was 10 days behind on internet orders!!! What was online was a complete lie. I went to the returns desk to cancel the order. 12 people in line. I went home -- it is impossible to cancel online. I called the only number you can find -- an 800 number. It 45 minute wait. I did -- then the call was terminated -- they never answered. An outrageous, lying, company.

User's recommendation: Don't ever order online -- call the store.

That's what I would do.....wait until June to order an a/c and then wonder why they don't have any.

ID
#2004541 Review #2004541 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
cancel my order no. 424739030

Delivery and availability of item ordered

main complaint is that they (lowes) sat a delivery date but never made it or had the courtesy to inform me of reason for not making it until,the following day..there is more to story,but talked to mgr and think,all is well now...
ID
#2004172 Review #2004172 is a subjective opinion of poster.
San Antonio, Texas
Let the company propose a solution

Incompetent Customer Service

I had received email and phone confirmation that a gas grill I had purchased was ready for pick up but was in fact cancelled without my knowledge. I had received email and phone confirmation that a gas grill I had purchased was ready for pick-up. I was told to park at the curb-side, call the number listed and that an employee would bring out my order. Called the curb-side number for 20 minutes but no one answered. After calling for 20 minutes I decided to go inside the store and get my order myself since no one would even pick up the phone. While waiting in line, I called customer service to see if they would respond back. The entire time I was in line, I heard the phone but no one would answer. Four employees were just standing there, loading around on company time. Of the six people at the customer service area, only one was actually doing any work. When it was finally my turn, I told the customer representative that I received email and phone confirmation that my gas grill was assembled and ready for pick-up. I told the gentleman that I told that I had 7 day to pick up my order. He looked up my order number and said that it was cancelled. I asked him how my order could be cancelled if I received email and phone confirmation that my gas grill was ready for pick-up. He said that he would have an employee look for it. The guy didn't even care and just said that I have customers to help. The whole time I am waiting at customer service, I observe 6 workers just standing there and gossiping about other people. I guess Lowes pays it employees to loaf while on the job. Horrible and unprofessional customer service employee. I had a cart full of merchandise to purchase along with the gas grill that I was planning to take home that day. I got fed up waiting for their lazy employees to look for my grill, thinking to myself how in the world can they not find something as big as a gas grill. I waited for more than 45 minutes to pick up my grill but guess they were to busy gossiping and complaining to actually do work. I realized that the employees don't care about customer service seeing as how they were gossiping and complaining the whole time. I left my cart that was filled with my other merchandise and walked angry and in disbelief. How incompetent must store management be when something as big as a gas grill cannot be found in the store and when only one customer service employee is actually working while the rest gossip and complain. No wonder Lowes is losing business and is having to close stores. I had planned to make several online purchases for myself and other family members at the Lowes website but when I saw that nobody cared to resolve my problem, I choose to never again purchase anything from Lowes again. I called the store later that day and asked to speak to the store manager to give them one more chance to keep me as a customer. While speaking with the store manager, she hung up on me mid-sentence. Very rude and disrespectful. I gave Lowes many opportunities to redeem themselves but to no avail. Too bad because they lost more than $5000 in sales because of their unprofessionalism. Since store management and it's employees do not care for their customer, I will take my business and money and go over to Home Depot. By the way, all my Home Depot online store pick up purchases were ready for pick up the following day and my Home Depot online home delivery purchases were shipped out in just two days. Lowes should learn from Home Depot about customer service and professionalism. Home Depot has definitely earned my business. I told about my dismal experience to other family members. They said that they also would not shop at any Lowes anymore. If Lowes customer service does not change for the better, it will definitely go out of business. Goodbye Lowes. My family will not be buying anything from your business.

User's recommendation: Stay away from Lowes.

I went to pick up the gas grill at the pick up area but no one answered the phone at the curb-side pick. I went inside the store and spoke with a Lowes employee and they told me to go to Customer Service.

I waited in line at the Customer Service area and it was my turn, I showed the customer service employee the email Lowes of Allen Park, Michigan had sent me stating that my gas grill was ready for pick-up. I only went inside the Lowe’s Allen Park store because for 20 minutes no one answered the phone at the Curb-Side pick when I parked there at parking space #8. When it was my turn at Customer Service, I showed the gentleman the email confirming that my gas grill was ready for pick up. He said that he would send someone to look for it.

In regards to the cart full of merchandise that you are referring to, I had a relative along with me whom I gave my shopping list of additional purchases that I had planned to make that day while I waited until the employee located my grill. Sorry Lowes of Allen Park. Don’t make excuses for your lacking in customer service. You sent me an email confirmation stating that my gas grill was ready for pick.

Instead you cancelled my order or without calling or emailing me. By the way, if you offer curb-side pick-up, the least you can go is have of one of your many employees answer the phone. Many of the employees that I saw was loafing on the job. I originally was not going to leave a review but when the store manager hung up on me that was the deal breaker.

I hope HR personal at company headquarters sees this message. Hopefully they can find a solution as to why I received confirmation that my gas grill was ready for pick but was instead told that it was cancelled.

If the executives at Lowes Corporate Headquarters read this review, then prove to me by your actions that your customers are priority #1. When your store manager at the Allen Park, Michigan store hung up on me mid-sentence, you left with no choice but to leave a bad review.

#1881900
@Mohamed C Gop

You Do have another choice, which is to Send their Corporate Headquarters a complaint letter. Their contact information is found online.

Pissedconsumer.com Is Not affiliated with Any business. Pissedconsumer.com is a review site for people to post reviews.

Neither Lowes nor Any other business reads this website. So, the better thing to do is to send their Corporate Headquarters a letter.

#1881901
@PissedConsumer1881900

Thank you very much. I will do just that.

Sounds like you took a lot of time trying to make this story up. If you went to pick up a grill for curbside pick up you weren't there to shop.

The you went inside you would have gone to the pick up counter which is not a checkout. No mention was.

made of spending time shopping in the stores where did this cart full of merchandise come from. If in fact your order was cancelled you may have added a bunch of BS to make it sound worse than it was.

View more comments (3)
ID
#2002656 Review #2002656 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Allen Park, Michigan
Cons
  • Lazy employees who loaf on the job
  • Disrespectful store manager
  • Horrible customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Verified Reviewer

Poor quality, liars, useless customer service.

Purchased granite counter top. Subcontractor was sorry and uncaring. Seams to wide, edges not polished ,hole for faucet off center, scratched numerous places, backsplash misaligned, one piece edging is on bottom not on top. sink off center, counter top to short. Some defects were pointed out to installers but ignored. :owes rep supposed to call, still waiting. Cold day in *** when they get another penny.

User's recommendation: Home Depot or local.

#1881902

What do you want Lowes to do considering you informed them that you do not intend to shop there anymore?

Not a good way to make a point. Why would they care now when you have made the statement that you don't intend to shop there anymore? Seems like you might give them a chance to make things right before making that statement.

View more comments (1)
ID
#2002578 Review #2002578 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Lowes Kitchen Installation

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Ordered plant and they were delivered dead with deseased leaves

Update by user Jun 25, 2020

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with full refund. They apologized and refunded me my money..

Update by user Jun 25, 2020

**Update** returned plants for full refund.

Original review posted by user Jun 21, 2020
Ordered plant and they were delivered dead with diseased leaves. I have photos also the box was opened when package was dropped off a day later (I called Fed Ex and Lowes 800 phone no answer on your end) than when it was suppose to be shipped.

User's recommendation: Do not purchase plants from Lowe’s online. Not trust worthy description.

Resolved
ID
#2002279 Review #2002279 is a subjective opinion of poster.

They suck

LOWES NEVER CONTACTED ME AFTER PISSED CONSUMER, SENT MY COMPLAINT TO THEM! I bought garden fence, I needed more. I STUPIDLY listened to their website on the amt of inventory they had in different stores. Spent the day going store to store, hoping to complete my project. Not a single inventory amount was correct. So I wasted the day. I called their complaint line, and was told they will no longer going to be carrying the item. I was given the WRONG info for the manufacturer. So I ended up having to dig out installed fence and returning it for a refund. Thankfully I HAD the receipts. The ONLY employee who went out of his way to help me was TRAVIS! And even HE DIDNT KNOW THEY DISCONTINUED THE ITEM. The rest of them all said oh the website inventory is NEVER correct. What the *** kinda way is that to run a business? I wasted an entire day of my life due to their shoddy business practices!

User's recommendation: I will never set foot in Lowes again. Website inventory means NOTHING!

#1881905

Pissedconsumer Does Not send complaints to companies. Pissedconsumer Is a review site for people to post reviews. You need to contact Lowes Yourself if you want them to address a problem.

ID
#2001662 Review #2001662 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sayville, New York

Warranty on a refrigerator

Lowes - Warranty on a refrigerator
My inside lining of the refrigerator is getting chipped.. my warranty expires on July 4-5... I was able to connect to customer service in 39 mins but the warranty system was down and I was asked to call back on Monday. Not even a reference number or ticket number provided for my call.
ID
#2001501 Review #2001501 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Allen, Texas

UNSAT Customer Service with Lowe’s & Installer

To whom it may concern, I have been dealing with *** poor customer services from both the exterior specialist (Charles Van &;;;;;;;;;;; Letitia Simon) and also the installer, Derek Chavis with Hunterdale investments for over a month now. I have been none stop calling both parties to handle issues that they all appear to be nonchalant about. I also have been calling customer care, but each time they ALL give me the run around or response of, I have to let the manager handle or take care of situation before further actions can be taken. * Signed my contract: 18 APR 2020 * Anticipated start date: 3-18-2020 (as per contract). * Estimated completion date: 6-18-2020 * Initially fence was supposed to be done on 5-6-2020 but never happened because installer dragged their feet to get Miss Utility out, so me as the customer had to call and do their job. Once I received documentation I forwarded to Installer Hunterdale Investments. (Also responsible for fence and storm door install) * Received email on 5-13-2020 confirming install will take place on 5-18-2020 (materials supposedly delivered on 5-16-2020. This deliver, nor installation happened on either date. * 5-12-2020 Charles stop by to take new measurements. * 5-13-2020 emailed Letitia about new measurements and price because the initial measurements taken by Charles Vann were not within guidelines of Columbia Pipeline Group (Miss Utility). Miss Utility recommendation gates be extended to property line, due to gas line being on Charles measurements. * 5-18-2020 Letitia emailed stating she forwarded my emails to Charles and Derek about the new measurements. * 5-20-2020 I received email from Letitia stating fence will be installed on 5-25-2020 (Memorial Day) and materials will be delivered 5-24-2020. * 5-25-2020 installer Ryan Johnson, not Derek (According to Derek Ryan works for him) began working on fence and realized the extra gates that was supposed to be order was never ordered. This had him at a standstill with job because those 16ft gates were instrumental in him completing job. I emailed Letitia informing her the gates were never order. Needless to say, Charles wanted the installer to Jerry Rig a wooden post to the vinyl fence to add double support. Ryan than tells him that wasnt going to happen because he would not have that mess associated with his business. Not to mention my house is $450k, he wasnt doing no boot leg stuff like that plus I wouldnt allow it. Ryan then tells him just order the right gates because the come in all sizes! According to a phone call I received the gate order was placed in system 5-28-2020. * 5-31-2020 Letitia sends me email on how the gate order was placed and the ETA for them was 6-4-2020 and that the drop rod would arrive 6-11-2020. * 6-4-2020 I emailed Letitia about the items never been delivered. Also got really upset because throughout process the installer is putting it on me to constantly call Lowes to get a status update on items as if Im doing the work! To add injury to insult Im explaining my frustrations to the installer Derek he laughs thinking the situation is funny! I find nothing to be funny with lack of communication, taking time off of work, or constantly getting the run around from everyone. * 6-12-2020 the items arrive that Charles forgot to order, so I thought. Took a picture and sent to installer because I couldnt tell if everything was on the pallets. Installer texts and says he will be by later to verify everything is there, but never shows up! * 6-13-2020 called installer and asked for completion date for job, and was told 6-18-2020. * 6-17-2020 Drop Rod for gates finally arrive (keep in mind it was supposed to be here on the 11th and also on the delivery that took place on the 12th of June. * 6-17-2020 I called installer to ensure 6-18-2020 was still a good date because I also took off work again! He than states it wont happen on the 18th because he still working on another job. He then reassures me 6-19-2020 will be a better date. Keep in my estimated completion date was 6-18-2020. I know weather is supposed to be considered but we have had many sunny days and again this is UNSAT. * 6-19-2020 I called the installer early morning because again took another day off to ensure this will be completed. He than responds, he will be there as soon as he can and states he is still trying to finish the other job and will be here as fast as he can! Waited patiently at home all day, installer never shows up or calls to explain what is going on. At the end of the day this entire experience with Lowes has been pretty *** and *** poor. It should not be this hard not difficult to provide quality services or keep the lines of communication open. I am in the military and have been for 17 years and all I ask is for communication. Its sad that Lowes were in NO rush to take the money to pay for the fence, yet drag their feet to get the job done. Not one time has anyone tried to Compensate my time, discount the gates or credit may account for this terrible and inconvenient treatment. I have taken off many days of work with expectations my fence will get completed. I go out to sea due to my job and to get time off, let alone miss ships movement is not possible especially with this pandemic going on. And to make matters worse the pallets ( 4 to be exact) have been sitting in my backyard since the 24th of May damaging my lawn and i have a huge yard. The least lowes could do is discount my fence and also provide grass seeds too for the damage that has caused to my lawn. Needless to say, my lawn has been cut three times and the job is still not done. Im so sick of neighbors and also people driving by asking when is Lowes going to complete my fence. Do you honestly feel someone will recommend your company or installer from the treat I have been receiving. Sincerely a very unsatisfied customer Alicia Otesile
ID
#2001408 Review #2001408 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Franklin, Virginia

Verified Reviewer

Nothing ready or done right

I ordered 8 timbers online for curbside pickup. Went there at 7:15 am to avoid crowds before too busy. I called the number for curbside pickup 3 times and no one answered. I went in and had to wait in line for customer service for 20 minutes inside. not enough employees. went to go pick up timbers. rude garden employee could not be reached without honking. he told me to pull up and I would have to load myself. only 3 curved timbers on cart ..Not the 8 I was informed that were ready for pickup...cancelled order. NEVER again.

User's recommendation: never will go there for curbside or service.

ID
#2000549 Review #2000549 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Brooklyn, Ohio
Cons
  • I will go to home depot from now on
  • Zero customer service
  • Rude employees
Apology

Refund, Horrible Customer Service

On May 1st I paid for but never received item that was suppose to be delivered. Very poor customer service. I finally received refund this week thanks to you help.

User's recommendation: I'll never shop there again.

ID
#1999406 Review #1999406 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Port Orchard, Washington
Cons
  • Horrible customer service

Attempted to have air condition installed x2 failed each time

attempted to have window air conditioner installed x2 unable to get any help when you call customer service. The customer is on hold for more than an hour so you just hang up. This is very poor customer service. Never buy anything for Lowes. There isn't any help you are left to fin for yourself.
ID
#1999356 Review #1999356 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Chicago, Illinois
Let the company propose a solution

Verified Reviewer
My son bought this Craftsman gas backpack blower model CM46BT for Christmas on December 10th 2019. I only started using it about April of this year and it will not stay running. It has a 2 year warranty. I took it back to your store and they said I had to go through...
ID
#1999317 Review #1999317 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Wildhorse, Missouri
exchange

On hold fo way too long

June 19th my husband called to see about our dishwasher warranty, he was on hold for over 50 minutes, the day before he was on hold for over a half hour, there is no reason to be on hold for that long, finally someone is coming on June 25th too look at it and Im sure we will have to order parts and Im sure that will take long as well. I kinda get the feeling they dont want to cover their warranties so they make you wait on the phone until you get pissed and just buy new stuff. If you sell warranties with your product better make sure they are going stand by it!!

Keep the problems you are having with Lowe's in mind the next time you need an appliance. Any company that makes you wait for interminable lengths of time just to talk to them doesn't deserve the business. Excuses for this kind of behavior just don't cut it.

ID
#1999166 Review #1999166 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Lowes Dishwasher Warranty
Cons
  • Warranties
Apology

Big Time Liars

Lowes - Big Time Liars
Ordered dishwasher on June 3rd on condition that it could be delivered by 10th. On the 10th they said it was delayed but would be there on 15th. On 15th, again no delivery but told definitely on the19th. Here we are on the 19th and again no delivery. Tried calling store and got no answer. Called the 800 customer service line and they couldnt help because they needed to contact the store and no one answered phone. Finally a lady at the corporate office looked into the issue and said best case was 10-14 days away. She said the store knew that there was a backlog and should have let me know.

User's recommendation: Stay away from Lowe’s. They are dishonest!

ID
#1999121 Review #1999121 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Unprofessional customer care

I have literally been on hold for two hours trying to resolve a major problem I'm having with my transaction. And not the first time, your wait time is a disgrace, 45 minutes my *** First I waited 50 minutes for someone to actually pick up the phone, spoke with Kyra and she tried to help but couldn't. She then went to get her manager about my problem, offered me an unacceptable 10% discount and when I asked to speak to the manager at Customer care I was put back on hold, still holding for now. I think its VERY unprofessional this tactic is being used by your company. I will NEVER shop here AGAIN. I will use social media to deface your company any chance I GET. I took two days off of work because I received a damaged appliance from your warehouse. Then I was told I could no longer get the appliance I bought and paid for due to back order and to pick another, which I did, but after buying 4 appliances and the warranties, and this is the thanks I get? Being put on hold by immature associates/manager who don't want to deal with the problem? I'm disgusted and wanted you to know, because I intend for ALL to know. I actually want your company to come back and take ALL 4 appliances out of my home. I will be waiting for a PROMPT response Maureen Melchiorre.
ID
#1999065 Review #1999065 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Pros
  • Able to use my lowes credit card and get a discount
Cons
  • Customer service experience was terrible
Price reduction