Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Woodmere, New York - Incompetent employee!

At the Lowes on rockaway turnpike in NY, the employees are incompetent! I have a leaky shower,& I am not a millionare to hire a plumber. I go to Lowes to get help, & guess what. No one is available in the plumbing department! When an employee shows up, a pale, fat albino, with an attitude refuses to help me. Saying that the pieces I brought with me did not "tell him anything". Aint that some stuff! Some help. I also wanted some #5 o-rings, sold out. The albino recommended a multi pack. *** no! I will take my money & time elsewhere! Phooey!

Wait a second. So you can use the Internet to whine and show YOUR bigotry yet CANNOT use that same tool to look up a video on how to repair a shower??

It’s a DO IT YOURSELF store.

No employee is going to be able to give you much advice without either MORE INFO or seeing the problem. Stop being a selfish bigot and use your BRAIN!!!!

You are an arrogant {{Redacted}},you are prejudice, apparently your parents took a long vacation when you were born.Someone needs to teach you how to treat people,not based on how they look.I can understand being agitated about no help, but making the comment based on the employees looks shows your ignorance.

When an employee shows up, a pale, fat albino, with an attitude refuses to help me...You lost credibility with that statement.I wonder What Your attitude was like.

Do you really expect someone making minimum wage at a big box retail store to be an expert on plumbing or anything else they sell?

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Delivery sucks

1.8
we bought a refrigerator last week. they said it was going to take a week which delivery was this sunday. we called twice they told ua they were delivering a washer and our delivery was next they did not come.
Order processing issue

Lowes in Colorado Springs, Colorado - Horrible customer service

1.4
PLEASE share I'm so sick of bad service. I've never posted anything like this before but after 2 weeks, I'm still mad so here it is: BEWARE of delivery from Lowe's Hardware. I bought a refrigerator from here. The "free" delivery was a joke. They didn't call, claimed they had the wrong number (even though it was correct in their computer), and then refused to hook up my refrigerator, or take away the old one (I paid $20 extra to have it removed). The delivery boy, Evan, said he wouldn't go in the crawl space because he saw a spider. Interestingly, 3 different woman went under there and never saw a single spider or cobweb. This is not a typical crawl space. It's clean, has platic & carpet on the ground & regularly swept because we use it often. When I contacted the manager I was told they can't go in the crawl space because of insurance reasons. HOWEVER, Evan never said that he wasn't allowed, he said he refused because of spiders. I personally went in & shut off the water but EVAN said it wasn't off because water was coming out of the tube. He couldn't wait the 30 seconds for it to drain. I later went to the store to speak to a supervisor and was told I should get a refund & go somewhere else. I later spoke to the store manager who made it obvious he didn't care. I guess they make so much money that my measly $800 wasn't important to them. It's also important to note that this was the second refrigerator I've bought from Lowe's as well as a dishwasher last year. There has NEVER been a problem with them going in the crawl space in the past. I will never by another appliance from Lowe's and advise anyone reading this to go to Conn's . They were fantastic. They employ adults to make deliveries, not little boys. They installed & hooked up the refrigerator I bought with no problems, no tears & never once claimed the saw a spider! Shame on you Evan. Shame on you store manager Michael! Friends, if you have a few extra dollars, please send Evan a box of Kleenex to wipe his tears. I might also suggest starting a Go Fund Me campaign for Evan to deal with his hallucinations and Micheal to receive some training in customer care. Lowe's Home Improvement 2945 New Center Point, Colorado Springs, CO 80922

You paid for delivery not installation. You received your refrigerator undamaged and with few problems.

Best of all, you didn't have to pay the regular fee since it's an appliance. So Evan didn't want to go in? No need to make a big deal out of it. Maybe the kid has a phobia of spiders or closed in spaces.

Don't judge him.

You have your fridge. Get over it.

Lowes in Albuquerque, New Mexico - Disgusting pathetic disgraceful treatment

Very disgusted with the treatment I received just now at the Juan Tabo location. I made a purchase as a long time customer. Before I left I was looking for the nearest restroom and was being stalked by a *** bald man in a black hoodie. When I grabbed the nearest Lowe’s worker in a red vest (should have gotten his name) he proceeded to treat me like a common criminal and look through my bags and receipts. He refused to meet the check out cashier upon my request and then starting talking to the weirdo stalker as if they knew each other. When asked if they were friends he said “he cannot disclose that” then I told him I didn’t feel comfortable with him walking me out as he was friends with the *** guy, and he didn’t find someone else to further assist me. First of all I am a long time “former” customer as I will be taking my business elsewhere. Secondly how dare he treat me as a common criminal! Today I have spent well over 150 dollars and was planning on purchasing more chandeliers at least three more 250 each and about 50 kitchen cabinet knobs. I would never recommend shopping here. I left in tears never in my life have I had such disrespectful treatment and felt so unsafe as a female. Pathetic this place is a disgrace. I felt unsafe, scared and profiled.

Sounds bogus. Lowes has a very passive and strict policy about how they treat theft, or possible theft situations. They are more afraid of Lawers and lawsuits then they are of thieves.

it was a undercover security guard.. but no they should not have handled it that way..

Poor customer service

Lowes in Stony Brook, New York - Head Cashier extremely rude to me and her own employees

Samantha, the head cashier at the store located at 2150 Nesconset Hwy, Stony Brook, NY 11790 is a rude and unprofessional person, and I'm not sure why she hasn't been fired. I asked for help with one of my items and not only she was rude and nasty to me, but she was rude to the other store employees as well. I thought Lowe's was a better store than Home Depo. What do I not understand is why nasty people like this get assigned to be managers or to be in charge of the store? Is being an Assh*le part of a job requirement for these types of jobs? Don't corporations know that this type of behavior hurts their button line because employees like these scare customers away, and also scare the nice employees away? Every other week that I go to this store there are new people, but Samantha is always there. I wonder why is that. When is mobbing (bullying in the workplace) going to be taken seriously? It is not the first time I deal with Samantha, last time my husband and I was purchasing a lamp, and we saw her being rude to another customer, and that is when I finally asked for her name. Lowe's please train people about manners and fire this crazy woman ASAP! I would not shop at this store until she is gone.
Review
Pros
  • Location
Cons
  • Samantha is rude to customers and coworkers
  • Samantha the head cashier extremely rude
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
I want Samantha head cashier removed from that job. She is rude to customers all the time and to her own co-workers

Lowes - Hassle free tape return

tried to return tape measuere and I was given a hassle. Took about 20 min to get issue resolved. Never had any issues prior to that. Will be calling customer service for an explanation...I think I an done with Kobalt...to Sears it is!!!!

I'm guessing the tape measure you were trying to return is a Kobalt. They stopped making the Kobalt tape measures some time early this year (I don't remember exact date).

This means that you cannot get them replaced in store any more.

By now, most item numbers (unique individual number for in store identification) for the Kobalts have been deactivated. What probably took them so long is trying to find the right number to reactivate for return.

Lowe's is done with Kobalt too. They are discontinuing the brand.

Too many contractors using the tools for commercial purposes and then expecting free replacements for life.

That's not how it works. Lifetime warranty was meant for personal use, and since managers are spineless and can't say no to anybody, they're just doing away with it altogether.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes in Schenectady, New York - Carpet installation

2.8
Had carpet installed from Lowes a year and a half ago. It recently developed waves in it due to poor installation. I called Lowes and they directed me to the installation department. They stated it only had 1 yr guarantee therefore nothing can be done. Recently had another carpet installed before I realized the waves in the other. Carpet was defected from StainMaster. It developed loops and strands of carpet sticking up with black markes showing up. I have been tieing the strands together to prevent further damage. This was noted two days after put down. Pictures were sent to installer also. I was told only one loop was noted (only 1 picture was sent of this). Why is any loop noted? Over six months the problem still has not been resolved. Lowes states they are not responsible. Installation states they are not responsible, and stainmaster states they are not responsible I am out about $4000.00 STAY AWAY FROM LOWES AND THERE POOR INSTALLATION DEPARTMENT.
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Loss
Full refund
Tags
  • Worthless Warranty

Lowes - Recent order

3.1
I ordered a range online. I was told in store that they can not connect propane range. Ok understand. Asked how delivery was handled so that I could arrange gas company to do connect. Well I receive email telling me it would be delivered 5/3 and that they would call and give 2 hour window on delivery night before. Well range does not come and I don’t find this out till afternoon before and after being told ready for delivery. Ok cancel gas company and rearrange time off to do so. They were now supposed to call once received to schedule delivery. No call but received yet another email that it was in and ready for pickup. I call and schedule delivery again. I am told I would get a call on a two hour window. 5/5 I call to get my two hour window. Nothing. No return call. I text. Am told something. And also I could get time frame morning of. Sorry this is pathetic and not very convenient for a Sunday. And I am sure as I was that I would not get a call this evening that I will not get a time frame when I call in the am. Never again will I deal with Lowes in such an order. A friend just went through same thing. Home Depot did all they told me they would on a mulch order and went over and above. They will get my next orders.
Order processing issue

Lowes - Troubles, troubles in Spokane

I contracted with Lowes to replace and install a new backsplash in my kitchen. The day they showed up I mentioned that I was suing the company that put in the previous backsplash. The worker called Lowes, excused himself to go to his vehicle, then disappeared. I called Lowes to find out what was going on and the install manager told me that they could not do my backsplash until my lawsuit was settled. I told them that all the evidence for the lawsuit was saved and they would not harm anything, but he argued that their policy is to not do anything when a lawsuit is pending. I then called the Lowes home office and explained that I had a contract which the local Lowes office signed and that I would sue them for breach of contract if they did not begin immediately. They agreed and a week later two more guys showed up and dropped off all the materials and said they did not know that the countertop was new and didn't feel comfortable working around a new quartz countertop. They left and I expected someone to come the following day. This was already two weeks past the original start date. Finally two guys came and took out the old backsplash and started to put in the new. Days went by between them coming to work and it took them almost a month to do a job which they said would take two or three days. Still they put the tile higher around the window than on the sides. I asked why and they blamed each other for not paying attention. So now I have waited another two months to get the window area fixed. The called yesterday and said they would be here in two weeks. Aargh (not really the word I wanted to use) but I DO NOT recommend Lowes installation of tile in Spokane.

I don't think I would be real eager to work for someone that just told me they were suing someone else over the work they were having me replace. You may well be one of those people that makes a living off suing people or are so hard to please that working for you would just be a big PITA.

Uh, why would anyone want to do work for you? I sure as *** wouldn't. Think about it.

Lowes - Lowe's blows

We ordered a $3000 granite countertop. We looked at their samples, and paid them the money. They sent out a low quality piece of rock that would not even pass as a good grave stone. It was low quality and had huge rusty looking areas. It was very porous and did not look like it had a good polish job. We got taken advantage of. It was like buying a new washer and dryer, only to have scratch and dent pieces delivered. We also ordered carpet. Ordered carpet for 2 bedrooms. Guess what- THEY INSTALLED OUR CARPET IN SOMEONE ELSES HOUSE! Lowes wrote the wrong names on the rugs. When the installers got to the first install job, the man there did not know what his wife ordered, and she was not home. Soo, they cut it and laid it in their house. When she came home she said ''that isn't our carpet''. Too late, it was installed already. We got nothing for having to wait another 3 weeks for rug. We had moved furniture to prepare for the rug to be laid...we did not even get a gift card. I spent hours and hours on the phone trying to work out many issues. When the office in NC saw the bad counter top, the agent said, ''that has to be replaced''. ''It will take another 3 weeks to reorder and replace it.'' So, I cancelled a vacation to the beach so I would be home when the replacement happened. Then, they did not do anything!!! I am so pissed that I fantasize about going into Lowes stores and doing damage. Scratch things, dent things, mix up the nuts and bolts in the bins, spill epoxy paint, open packages, put spray paint marks on area rugs and whatever else I can think of. I am glad that I owe money on the charge card, that way I can get remediated. LOWE'S BLOWS!!!

Anonymous was such a smart *** criticizing a person for misspelling managers, but I notice he is ignorant enough to misspell pattern.

That's what happens when you purchase a natural product rather than a man made products. No 2 pieces of granite are alike.

The grain and patters will change from one piece to the next. If you are going to buy natural stone you should purchase at a shop where you can pick the slab your to will be cut from.

Review
Cons
  • Pretended to understand at nc production
Damaged or defective