Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Clinton, Maryland - NO MILITARY DUSCOUNT

Seldom shop at Lowe’s so today I was told that they don’t give discounts to military personnel. They want me to register so that they can have my personal information to share with others or maybe sell to telemarketers to recover the discounts. I suggest to totally boycott Lowes!

You can register at any Lowe's for military discount. Just ask customer service.

All they need for registration is your phone number, name, proof of military service (id, discharge papers), date of discharge/retirement, and branch you served. That's it. They keep no copies of any documents you bring. This process was enacted to smooth the checkout process.

So essentially, at checkout all you need is your phone number. No more waiting for an override.

Instant discount. If you still find fault with something, that's your problem.

they offer a discount and it is not sold. The purpose is so people don't have to keep showing their personal information every time and you can order things online and get a discount. Sorry you don't like to register the exact information you were sharing with a ton of strangers you don't know, but there is no reason to lie and say they don't give a discount.

First, they DO offer a discount, you just feel you don't feel you need to follow their policy to verify you qualify. Second, what makes you feel that you are so special that stores need to offer you a discount?

Your service is to be admired but there are others that are just as deserving of a discount that don't get them. Teachers, police officers and firefighters just to name a few. Before you say you put your life on the line protecting the country keep in mind that firefighters protect us day in and day out, risking their lives as well.

Many encounter PSTD due to the things they encounter in fighting fires and dealing with injured and dead people in the course of their profession. I can't say that I have seen a post from these professions complaining that they don't get discounts.

View more comments (2)

Lowes, Butler, NJ

2.3
I've been waiting two weeks for an associate to call me back with an estimate for an installation. I can't get hold of anyone. This store is so bad they don't even answer the store phone. I even tried to call during the day at 10:30am and 2:30pm, you figure someone would be available during those times. Nope, just rings and rings. I contacted the corporate office to complain and they said the store manager would call me back in 24 hours and it's now been 3 days. Also, when you go in the store there is never anyone in the isles for assistance. You're pretty much on your own.

Anonymous, Read what you write and try to spell correctly instead of being an ***

If it's that hard to get an estimate so the can make the sale, just think how long it will take to get someone to do the work after they have your money.

So you say there is never anyone in the isles to help? In a self service home improvement warehouse? How ODD!

View more comments (2)
Lowes Installation

Lowes - Terrible

I purchased a Bathroom vanity, toilet, faucet, mirror and lighting. They were supposed to deliver on may 3, well I received no phone call so I called them They told me yes between 6:30 and 8:30pm. That time came and went. I called back now they said by 9:00pm. That came and went so again I called. It took awhile for the person to get in touch with the delivery driver. Now they said sorry we can't deliver it until Saturday. This is just so wrong. It makes you think, Where is my stuff. I had to push back the insulation cause of lowes delivery. It was and is very UNPROFESSIONAL the way there delivery system is. Never again.
Lowes Home Delivery Service

Lowes - Terrible packing

Terrible packing. Thankfully my items were OK but the box was open. Well not order online again
Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes - Customer service

2.8
We waited two months (after ordering in September )for microwave to be installed finally in November .It quit working after four months in April, and now we have been waiting a month just to have it repaired! This is RIDICULOUS for a product still under warranty! It is also sitting in the middle of the kitchen because it had to be uninstalled first. We have bought ALL of our major appliances from Lowe’s for threehouses, but NOT again! Every time we have tried to contact someone we are just given another number to call. We will be shopping elsewhere next time we need appliances and recommend that others do so as well.

Lowes has nothing to do with the factory warranty. Why aren't you complaining about the manufacturer?

The manufacturer provides warranty service and authorized service centers for the first year. Are you still waiting for someone to look at it or are you waiting for parts?

My guess is that you have LG or Samsung appliances. They look nice but they are known for a lack of service centers and long waits for parts.

Lowes Microwave Repair
Cons
  • Delivery service did not show up when scheduled
  • Installers pull guilt trip when you want prop fixed or replaced
Tags
  • Terrible Customer Service

Lowes in Waipahu, Hawaii - Nightmare

Purchased $200 JACUZZI toilet. Box had old tape which came off. When questioning salesman, was told "tape just popped off, it's good!" Took toilet home...toilet was cracked. Received new tape, replaced toilet...wrong tank top, wrong seat cover. Dealing with (Lowes in Waipahu) them on phone is impossible...put on hold, disconnected, called back over 5 (five) times, no one answers, automatic re-routing phone system, then, manager's excuses for phone problem lame. Constantly made by sales to go back to store. I feel employees also don't care about their job and neither does Jacuzzi company product purchased. Lowes Waipahu salesman told me seat cover doesn't need screws...I believed him!! When called back to speak to him he put me on hold, then, mysteriously phone was disconnected.
Product
Jacuzzi Toilet
Cons
  • Poor sales service at bathroom plumbing department
Loss

Lowes - Empty store

staten island lowes bad news went to lowes to purchase carpet from a roll have it was about 7 pm no one could be found.so i called the service desk from my cell phone ,told the girl i was in the carpet dept and needed service .after the fifth call to the front desk ,i left the store 30 minutes, this happened several times before it seems when you go to this store after 5 pm they turn into ghost...Whoever cuts the staff should be fired. How do you run a mega store with no workers in it, its better to close the store then lose a customer, not good business ...Dumb business.wont last

That's how they keep their prices low! Complaining about it isn't going to do anything as long as people keep flocking to them!

Lowes Customer Care
Poor customer service

Lowes in Elk Grove, California - Be aware before buy or doing any services with Lowe’s

Worst customer service. Every time I call, no one wants to take responsibility, and usually have the call hanged up. This happens several times every time I call them. The service is terrible. They installed both my dishwasher, and garbage disposal and both ones needed to return due to errors in the installation. Garbage disposal now fell down completely from the sink. Keep away from LOWES. Once they take your money, you are on your own. my dishwasher tha i purchaseis Bosh. the told me that if getting the purchase with instalation and pay in advance, i was going to received a rebate for instalation from Bosh. i did wherever they told me to fullfill my rebate. few week later Bosk send my a letter that i dont qualify for due with the date of the purchase. They lie to me to get the service.

I bought a dishwasher 3 weeks ago paid cash still waiting for the install to be scheduled.

Lowes Dishwasher Installation
Pros
  • Would rate zero stars if i could
Cons
  • Arrogant employee
Tags
  • Lowe s Fails Customer

Lowes in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania - Rude Angry Employee

2.0
Marsha in the blinds dept seems to need an attitude adjustment. She is not very helpful and used profanity in front of customers
Lowes Customer Care

Lowes - My purchase was my worst experience

1.8
First of all the store in Pico Rivera ca. Has some of the worst customer service , I asked a manner for can I find air condinioner metal grills last week , he sarcastically told me he didn’t know what that was , and that was besides a couple of other bad service . ..... we made a purchase on 11/30/2016 for a Samsung washed and dryer and 2 stools , 4 months after our purchase the washer started giving door closing problems , I’ve had service 2 times already for same issue , me as a customer believe I should not be going through this for what supposed to be a good and new product . . I was told we supposed to get over 4 services done to qualify for a replacement ... Samsung and Lowe’s supposed to be great company with great customer service ... buying this washer and going to that store has been my worst shopping experience .

Anonymous is obobviously an *** and *** for Lowe’s. To criticize a person who is not a native English speaker is uncalled for.

Don't know who a manner is and having worked in a home center for over 25 years I don't know what air conditioner metal grills are either. Did you ever think you aren't using the proper terms or description for what you want?

What does Lowes have to do with the problem you are having with a Samsung washer? Your complaint should be with Samsung.

They made the washer and are responsible for for the warranty on your washer. If you are going to complain, complain about the proper company.

View more comments (1)