Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Don't believe the on-line delivery date given

I placed an on-line order for a washing machine on 4/20/2018 and was given a delivery date of 4/29/2018. Early this morning (4/21), I received a call from the Lowes location that I ordered from (Post Road, Indianapolis, IN) notifying me that the earliest my washer could be delivered will be 5/13/2018. When I asked "why?", I was told that the LOWES on-line system/original date given were wrong and 5/13/2018 is the earliest delivery date for my washer. Not satisfied with this answer, I contacted LOWES CORPORATE CUSTOMER SERVICE to voice my concern(s). I was informed that the date given on-line is just an estimated date and that it is up to the store that the item(s) was/were purchased from to set and actual delivery date. In closing BUYER BEWARE when choosing LOWES/LOWES HOME DELIVERY. And be prepared for the worst when contacting Lowes (LACK OF) Customer Service....from the store location or Corporate.

I'd bet you ordered a Samsung or LG washing machine. When they placed the order with the manufacture they found they didn't have them in their US warehouses and it would have to be ordered from Korea. At that point they let you know what they were told and notice they said the 13th was the earliest date, it could be well beyond that knowing the delays that can happen in shipping.

Order processing issue

Lowes - They SUCK

The fail to tell you if you dont pay off your quote on quote special offer by the experation date they charge up the *** 2000.00 with 5% off 6 months later charged 300.00 in intrest... even though ive been paying double payments every month and already paying intrest . Scam ... scam.. scam.. I have 15 credit cards but lowes is aweful..

I have had a Lowe's credit card for about a year now. My purchase came up to $1150, and my bill is still about $600!

I pay more than my minimum balance and sometimes twice a month,but they still don't apply it to my account! The interest rate is 27 percent. With this you'll never pay off your bill!

Never Again! I will never in my life get another card from them again!

Problems with payment

Lowes in Knoxville, Tennessee - Me Again for the 3rd Time

1.5
So this is my third complaint about Lowes. As I stated in my last couple of complaints, back in 1/16/2018 we order Siding, gutters and an exterior door. It is now 4/20/2018, 3 months and 4 days later. The siding is a mess with 4 windows screwed up, with a few other issues. Jr Diaz who is the owner of the siding company that installed this mess is finally coming out and trying to correct the issue. Although it still remains to be seen if he fixes the windows. Claims now that he will be out here Saturday 4/28/2018 and get them fixed. Now I am trying to get our exterior door installed. Door was never ordered until late Feb early march. When that finally came in and installer came out late march it didn't fit. He remeasured and left with that door telling me that he would have it re ordered. Two weeks later after not hearing from them I called Lowes. The door had not been re-ordered. I was told by Lowes that the door would be in 4/16/2018. Which it was when I called that morning. I was informed they would let the installer know and he would call me withing 24 hours if not that very day. No call. I called Tuesday afternoon. Wednesday no call. I called again. Thursday still no call. I called again. Thursday close to 5 pm I finally got a voice mail. This morning I called. I am now informed that they can not come out here until Thursday the 26th. This makes 3 months and 10 days just to get an exterior door installed. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM LOWES IF YOU ARE NEEDING IT INSTALLED BY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TO HOME DEPOT, GRAB SOMEONE OFF THE STREETS, DO IT YOURSELF IF YOU CAN. Oh and BTW Jr Diaz, the owner of the company that installed our siding. He told us yesterday he is no longer putting siding on homes that he was going to strictly going to be doing roofing. So if you live in the knoxville TN area buyer beware Jr Diaz Roofing if he is the one that installs roofs for Lowes here. His people are not trained except on the job training. They are learning as they go and hey your roof is really not something that most of us can climb up on and check out their work.

5.6 months for two doors with Lowes. One was fuckrd up and one never showed. Got all my money back.

I purchased my roof from Lowe's on 1 of my rental homes and Jr Diaz was the contractor and him and his crew do an amazing job. That has been four years ago and just in June I purchased a roof for my house and went through Lowe's again and requested Diaz Roofing for my sub contractor and was happy they were still with Lowe's.

I have to say Lowe's has changed a few things that I was very unhappy about with, like the Central office you have to deal with that NEVER answer their phones or call you back and the delivery company they use now is AWFUL and does not come when they say but my roof looks amazing and couldn't be happier. By the end of the year I have to do another roof on one of my rentals and I definitely will have Jr and his crew do it, rather I go through Lowe's or not I will use them

Was this Mr. Diaz's contact a Michelle Morales?

You purchased your project the wrong way. The best way is to find a contractor who you can trust and let them order the products from a dealer they trust. Going to a store and letting them pick a contractor and add a markup to their labor without letting you know who will be working on your home is a big risk.

@Anonymous

thanks but too late now.

View more comments (4)
Review
Cons
  • Installers pull guilt trip when you want prop fixed or replaced
  • Dont care about you once they have your money
  • Delivery did not show up day after day
Reason of review
property destroyed & door not being ordered delivered and installed in the 3 to 4 weeks as promised
Loss
Preferred solution
I want my windows repaired r exchanged out 4 new 1s other option on windows is $2000 cr on my bill this is price quoted by Lowes As far as our door we want a price reduction 4 waiting 3mths for door. Probably a reduction 4 the over all horrible job done
Tags
  • Lowes Does not Care About Customer
  • Lowe s Fails Customer
  • Lowes Hires Incompetent People
  • Nightmare Experience With Lowes

Lowes - Unprofessional Service

I had requested a bid on a carpet install..the Representative came and measured, left and would get back with me with a bid. I never recieved a call. After numerous calls requesting my bid. After 2 weeks I was given a bid. At which time I was assured my representative would be there. To no avail they were not there at the time they said the would be. I called voicing my opinion on their unprofessionalism and was assured someone would be there at the alloted time agreed on. Again no show after waiting an hour and the Manager trying to contact said employee. After leaving I was called by employee apoligizing once again and began to tell me he would reduce the quoted purchase which I angrly refused. I have been a loyal patron of Lowes but from here on out I will never purchase or recommend to anyone to shop at your stores.

Lowes credit card

Purchased $4000 worth of windows and doors, was talked into a guaranteed $4000 credit line to save 5%, so i applied and only qualified for $2000. No big deal, paid remaining $2000 in cash, payed bal owed the following week well before due date. Purchased $8000 for subfloor(building new home) , charged $2000 (Lowes credit) payed the rest in cash, great right, payed it off the following week again well before due date. Had the Lowes credit card for about 2 to 3 months, all payments in full prior to due date. I needed 1 more window so went into lowes to purchase on the credit card and declined, turns out Lowes lowered my limit to $300 with no notice to me which just that lowered my credit score almost 100 points on my credit score. From 700 to 600 in a blink. Called customer service and of course they are very sorry BUT due to periodic reviews there is nothing they can do for me and so much for the letter they sent somewhere explaining why it sucks to be me. Home depot and Blevins here i come, appliances, flooring, lumber, lighting, plumbing, kitchen cabinets, sinks ,vanities, toilets, fixtures, interior doors and locks, landscaping, and the list goes on, you do the math. Sure hope this qualifies for a law suit, bet your hiney im gunna find out, would be nice to build my house for free, then who would it suck to be!

You don't have an account with Lowes, you have an account with an independent credit company. Most credit companies will review your credit from time to time and I would guess you may not have had excellent credit as you were only offered a $2,000 limit to start with.

I really doubt that their lower your limit caused you rating to drop 100 points. I think you will find the heavy use of your various accounts during your building project is what actually lowered your rating

Um. No.

It did drop 105 points from this incident specifically and I DID have good credit.

There are no "various" accounts that I had, it was specifically this one or I paid cash. But thanks for your input.

Not correct.

View more comments (2)
Problems with payment
Resolved

Resolved: Purchased glass shower door and Lowes installer broke it.

2.0

Update by user Apr 22, 2018

Lowe's, has paid for damage. Thank You

Original review posted by user Apr 19, 2018

Lowes said it was my fault because the photo I provided was not proof. When we went to store with photo, no one offered to address the problem and never called to resolve the issue. We had our original shower tile man repair broken tile and presented the bill to Lowes. They refused to pay the $150. This is after 18 years of spending at least $30,000 with them. The day they broke the door, it was 18 degrees outside and they brought the glass in with frost all over it and clamped it down to the brackets. Of course the glass shattered and they did not even clean up all the glass so I worked 3 hours cleaning it better, but still my wife cut her foot a week later. Do not trust Lowes!
Review
Cons
  • Install contractors are incompetent
Loss
Full refund

Lowes in Silverthorne, Colorado - They closed my account for non use

4.5
This is an inconvenience and dings my credit report. Nobody contacted me first, they just closed it. The person in costumer service said it could not be reopened, and even suggested it was because of my credit rating. Not true at all..

The Lowe's credit card is through Synchrony Bank. Accounts are automatically closed after a period of inactivity. This is the bank's policy not Lowe's.

I work at home Depot. They don't give a *** either.

Why are you complain about Lowes? You never had an account with them that they could close.

You had an account with an independent credit company that issued a card with Lowes name on it that could be used at Lowes.

Lowes has no control over your account. Your complaint should be with the credit company.

@Anonymous

You are wrong. When I called the number in the notification letter, Lowes answered the phone. Also, Lowes selected the credit company.

@Zach Margolis

So Exactly What are you going to do about this?

@Anonymous

l plan to semi-anonymously whine on an irrelevant web site, and shop at Home Depot from now on.

View more comments (5)

Lowes in Roeland Park, Kansas - Poor Service

Wanted to get a sheet of plywood cut. Asked an employee to help and he said they no longer cut plywood to size, only in half to fit it into car. He said that the policy had been in place for some time. But just last week had three pieces cut to size. I left the store and went to my truck and called the manager of the lumber department. He said that wasn't the policy and that they do cut plywood to size. I went back in and found the same guy. I told him his manager said they do and he again said they don't. Got pissed and left. This guy was too lazy to do anything and thought he could do as he pleased. I already don't like Lowe's due to the fact it is impossible to get anyone to help you or answer questions. I am done with the crap Lowes calls customer service and think I'll just drive the extra three miles to Home Depot. They seem to give a damn about their customers unlike Lowes. I will never spend another cent at this lousy store.

That's the problem that happens when you have people that follow the policy and those that don't. I worked for another company and we quit re-keying locks that people brought in from home.

The policy changed to only keying locks that we were selling off the shelf. Took a while for everyone to get on the same page, you had a few people that would key locks that people brought in and then they would get mad when someone following the policy told them we wouldn't key their lock.

Preferred solution
get employees that aren't so *** lazy

This company lowes is a joke of all contractors & supplys li

Nothing in store just basic bull for roaches & yall are the roach trap. Lowes yall just take it to the top of trash supplys

Lowes - Poor customer service

Went to buy a bathroom toilet no available help in plumbing dept. Associate called for help no one came finally cabinet guy put one on cart for me but i wanted some advice on product but none was forthcoming. Then took over 10 minutes to find help to load it into my car. Wont be back any time soon