Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes - Unprofessional RTM at store #1064

4.0
There have been many complaints with an RTM named Kiki at store #1064 in Columbia, SC. She is very rude and unprofessional towards customers. Complaints have been made to the assistant manager, manager, and corporate office to no avail. The complaints have come from unsatisfied customers, Lowe’s drivers, and their own employees. My advice, go to another Lowe’s store in the nearby area. My experience with the other Lowe’s has/is wonderful each time. They were/are very courteous, knowledgeable, and professional.

Customers don't know what an RTM is. You sound like an employee trying to get someone in trouble for personal reasons.

@ASRHSRH

I’m not an employee there. Never have been.

Customers do know what an RTM is. I’m one of those customers. As far as “getting someone in trouble,” I stated her name as well as the other customers that have made their complaint to management and to the corporate office.

The problem was resolved after my post here. Thank you for your input and bringing attention to my post ;)

@SherryDouglas

I think ASRHSRH is correct. RTM must be Lowes lingo for something and it would take an employee to know what it is. You are just out to cause trouble.

@Anonymous

Lack of education must be a struggle. I don’t need to be employed there to know the acronym.

Contact the receiving department at any Lowe’s or look up the position online. Could it be that you’re a friend or related to the RTM? Could it be that you’re her? This is an issue that has gone unresolved for a few years, until now :) As I’ve stated, I have never worked there but you’re more than welcome to seek me out.

My middle initial is K. Happy hunting ;)

Not Anonymous :)

"There have been many complaints with an RTM named Kiki "Translation: "There have been so many complaints MADE BY ME"

@Anonymous

Wrong translation. I found out about the other complaints when I made mine (1). You’re welcome :)

What's an RTM?

@Anonymous

RTM in Lowes lingo is Return To Manufacturer....

View more comments (8)
Lowes Manager
Bad quality

Lowes in Charlotte, North Carolina - Customer Service

Yahoo Mail Elvira Home New Subject Discrimated against Compose Inbox 999+ Unread Starred Drafts 122 Sent Archive Spam Trash Less Views Hide Photos Documents Travel Coupons Tutorials Folders Hide New Folder Henry Update time zone Back Restore to Inbox Move Delete Spam Discrimated against Yahoo / Trash Elvira Wayans To: DIEDRA WAYANS Apr 23 at 3:28 PM Hey Duck can you jazz this up for me please. To whom it may concern: My name is Elvira Wayans, I visited your McMullen Creek location in Charlotte, North Carolina on April 18, 2018. I approached one of your employees her name is Megan, I asked her how does a third party payment work. She told me to shop for the items bring them to her and she will call the third party for payment. I did my shopping, I purchased a dishwasher, garbage disposal, kitchen faucet and two other small items. Megan rang the items up the amount of my purchase was approximately, 1,673.00 (one thousand six hundred and seventy three dollars) . She then informed me that her manager said she can not accept over the phone payment because the amount was too high. I don't understand why she didn't tell me what Lowes over the phone limit was in the first place. She spoke to the third party person and informed her that she would have to go online and order the items. Megan has a very rude disposition, this is not the first time she discriminated against me. This incident was very embarrassing for me not to mention I felt discriminated against. I have been shopping at Lowes for years and this put a bitter taste in my mouth. I respectfully, request something be done about this. Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation. Sincerely, Elvira Wayans {{Redacted}}

There's really no good reason why anyone should be trying to place a phone order. It's shady as ***

So they have a company policy that applies to every customer, and when it applies to YOU it is discrimination? Maybe you can get a clue why people aren't buying most of the "discrimination" crap that's being thrown around these days?

View more comments (1)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • How i was treated
Problems with payment

Lowes - You lost my business

I've spent thousands of dollars on appliances at Lowe's in the past. The one time that we needed credit, they wouldn't approve us. Walked into John Deer store and walked out with a 15,000 credit limit. Your loss Lowe's.... Pretty sure I won't be spending my money there again.

Why are you mad at Lowes? They don't offer credit.

There is an independent credit company that offers a card that can be used at Lowes.

Lowes has nothing to do with whether they will grant you credit or not other than the fact that the application for the account is available at Lowes. Your compliant, valid or not, should be with the credit company.

Poor customer service
Its not a stolen card. I actually have the I actually have the original sales receipt of the transaction. No different the purchasing a gift card with a remaining balance which happens everyday on web sites that pay cash for unused gift cards. The card says May require...

Policy states that no gift card is be cashed out. Whether it is in store credit or a normal gift card.

Giving in store credit for an item returned without a receipt prevents thieves from walking away with cash.

Also, gift cards are not to be returned. You have thieves and people playing the system to blame for the inconveniences.

View more comments
Product
Lowes Gift Card
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes - Sales girl lies to us for a sale

Went to by a refrigerator. The one we wanted wasn’t in stock. Then when she knew we wanted one ASAP she said let me look one more place. She said they got it. Then we paid and said it would take 2 weeks to be delivered but call tomorrow and talk to delivery manager and you can get it sooner. We did so and found out she lied. The reason it was taking 2 weeks is because it was out of stock. They had to reorder. Well sale was made and she made the commission. Never again at Lowe’s!

Lowe's employees don't work on commission. She didn't lie to you, she was given bad information because Lowe's IT infrastructure is garbage.

Lowes Sales Representative

Lowes Card In Store Credit

3.5
I purchased a In Store Lowes Card from an individual in desperate need of money. The cash redemption machine inside a Giant Eagle Grocery Store wasn't working. The man told me he was a single farther and had his daughters in tow. Told me the machine wasn't working and needed money to buy them food. The Card value was $63.00 and the card redemption machine machine offered him $37.00. I confirmed the machines scanner was broken and he could not complete the transaction. I reviewed the card and the card says gave him the $37.00. I thought i was helping someone along with being frugal at the same time. My hopes was to start purchasing Lowes gift Cards each month to use towards the purchase of a new refrigerator. Note: The card does state Non Transferable Id (may) be required for use. Disclaimer May be required. The women at the front counter told me that i purchased the card from someone who stole the merchandise from a Lowes Store and was returning the items to buy drugs. She called them tweeker's. I said to her. Your presuming that customers returning merchandise without a receipt are all drug users. I told her i return items all the time without receipts. She told me that they are watching me and that i to will be eventually cut off. I told her that i don't use drugs and asked who she thought she was to pass judgement on anyone. She told me that people that receive In store Credits resell them for cash to purchase crack. So i asked her when did Lowes become judge and jury and turning their backs on drug users. I was always thought to help out our fellow man. So if you help someone you get penalized. you cant use the credit and Lowes stuffs the unused credit into their pockets as profit. I'm guessing that i will not be purchasing my new refrigerator from Lowes. I've been remolding my 101 year old home and have spent a minimum of $10,000.00 to $15,000.00 in materials from Lowes over the past 8 years. Please excuse my unstructured sentences and spelling errors. I'm not as smart as the Lowes store employees at Lowes Brooklyn, Ohio 44144. However, the store manager Bill Micklos has been extremely accommodating in the past. In the mean time I'm taking my business to Home Depot also located in Brooklyn, Ohio and awaiting the opening of a new Menard's yet to be built. Help people don't punish them. Sincerely Mr. G Wolf Brooklyn, Ohio 44144

i had the same thing happen to me. My son gave me a Lowes In Store credit/debit card.

My son returned merchandise without a receipt. lows said they would not give him cash but instead a Lowes In store credit/debit card. When i went to use it they asked for my drivers licence. Because my drivers licence number didn't match my sons i could not purchase my items.

I had to wait and go to the store with my son. I truly feel your pain and i to will no longer shop Lowes. Not everyone returning product without a receipt is a thief. I'm guessing less then !% of Lowes consumers are thief's.

And isn't this the job of loss prevention and in store security's job to catch the thief's.

They cashier made me feel extremely uncomfortable. I've taken my business back to the local Ace Hardware store and mom and pop stores where the owners know me.

This was not a stolen card. It was a Lowes debit card titled In Store Credit.

If a consumer returns a product such as a Birthday gift without a receipt you will receive a In Store Credit Card and not cash. This is nothing more then a cash cow for Lowes. And it prevents the merchandiser owner from selling his or her In Store Debit Card. A bit unreasonable to the consumer.

Because someone returns merchandise without a receipt shouldn't be labeled a thief. And shouldn't be accused of steeling merchandise. I agree with the cash cow ideology.

Another fortune 500 big brother move. Shop Menards.

Anomomous , your as bad as the Lowes office manager. You think everyone who returns merchandise without a receipt is a drug user and steels merchandise.

Its a Lowes In Store Credit . Lowes gave the previous owner who returned merchandise a Lowes in store debit card. This was not stolen merchandise buta store credit

You do know that receiving stolen property is a crime don't you? You just admitted to committing a crime against Lowe's and now you are pissed off at them? That's insane!

HUH? They don't want to use a stolen card and you are PISSED at THEM? What planet are you from?

EfficaciousAdeliePenguin
@Anonymous

Sorry if you miss understood. It was not a stolen credit card.

It was a Lowes In-Store Debit/Card for merchandise returned to Lowes with out a receipt. If you return an item at Lowes with out a receipt you are given a In Store Debit card. Only the person returning the merchandise can use the card. Lowes attaches the card to your drivers licence.

If you daughter ,son, friend or relative gave you the card you would not be able to use it. And no cashier or office manager should accuse any consumer of theft unless they can prove it. Seriously, i learned a lesson. i will always help someone in need.

However, i will never shop at a Lowes Store. Maybe you should buy something from Lowes and then take it back without a receipt. You will then be labeled the drugie and thief. Oh, and if you return too many items without a receipt.

Lowes will cut you off from returning any items. Have a nice day.

@EfficaciousAdeliePenguin

A lowes gift card looks different than a card issued for store credit when you return a product without a receipt. Yes, honest people who can't keep track of their receipts or otherwise prove they purchased the product will get these but so will the thieves who are returning stolen merchandise for credit.

Either way they are given to people who can't prove they actually paid for the product they returned. In a effort to discourage theft store credit is given, rather than a cash refund. Selling these cards to people like you defeats the purpose of the card. In essence you are giving them cash for a card they got for returning product they may not have paid for.

Good fo Lowes for not honoring the card without proper identification. We don't need people supporting thieves.

View more comments (7)
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Location
  • Convenience
  • Selection
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Lowes - NO SERVICES TONS OF MISTAKES AND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICES

OK so we bought a new cook top--simple?? WRONG!! 1st it took them over a week to come out and measure--then it took over another week to get the measurements from the person who measured--THEN it took 3 weeks to schedule an install and THEN the installer came without the guy to cut the counter top and so we are waiting AGAIN!! AND they want to charge us for the counter top cutting when we already paid for it AND the counter top person was 2 hours away and could not get here and now they want us to wait more......really the customer service said the original store receipt was for a 30 inch not a 36 inch top but our contract says 36 inches and they said they did not get a copy of our contract just our initial store visit write up--so how stupid they are going to install something that they have no proof of purchase?? Just one screw up after another.
Lowes Cooktop Installation
Order processing issue

Lowes - No Service Found at Lowe's Opelousas

3.2
Lowe's Opelousas has sunk to a new low. They are now on the same level as WalMart when it relates to customer service. There is on most occasions only one cashier in Lawn and Garden to deal with the busy spring volume. Today I waited 15 minutes to check out and then waited another 30 minutes for someone to come out and load a pallet of mulch into my trailer. After 30 minutes I went get my refund where I found all the employees talking together. I will take my business to the local vendors that are pro customer service instead of the big box that is only concerned with profits, stock prices and their bonuses.

Big box stores aren't known for service. How do you expect them to keep prices low?

The best way to keep your expenses low is to cut payroll.

Sure, you will pay a little more at a locally owned store but you will get the service you want and save time to boot. Most people value their time and the time you save will be with the little extra you pay a local store that has the staff to help you.

Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Quality of the items sold
Cons
  • Lack of any customer service
  • Length of time to check out in lawn and garden
  • Assistance in loading bulky items

Lowes - Shower door run around

2.5
We ordered a shower door for our contractor to finish our bathroom remodel since Lowes had no door in store stock to meet our needs. The first order ended up in an empty box at the store with no shower door inside the box. That order was cancelled and a refund was issued. The refund never showed back up in our bank account. We had to reorder but get credit for the difference since it was a sale/discounted item when we ordered the first time. We have exceeded the one month time of trying to deal with Lowes. Now we have to take in our bank statements to prove that we payed for the shower door twice and still have no shower doors. Our family has to go take showers at a second residence since we have no shower doors on our newly remodeled bathroom with no shower doors. I am just thankful we bought the bathroom tiles and paints from a different vendor.
h.kitchener

Dispute the charge with your card company and buy an adjustable shower rod and curtain. Don't wait around for Lowe's to correct the whole problem.

Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Ease and location of the store
Cons
  • Delivery and refund problems
Problem with delivery
Loss

2.2
Lowes - Purchased a water heater
I purchased a water heater in Lowe’s in Delaware. The price was 385.00 in millsboro Delaware and the same water heater in Newark Delaware was 342.00. I called customer service and they said it was at the manager discretion. What is this. Isn’t it the same store and same state. It’s not right

No, prices aren't always the same in a nation wide chain. The stores will be competitive with other stores in their area.

I worked for another retailer and we were continually checking our competitors prices and matched them on our sales floor. A store across town who didn't compete with a store next door to the store I worked in wouldn't reduce their price as they didn't have a direct competitor for price.

Product