Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes review in Stony Brook, New York: Head Cashier extremely rude to me and her own employees

Samantha, the head cashier at the store located at 2150 Nesconset Hwy, Stony Brook, NY 11790 is a rude and unprofessional person, and I'm not sure why she hasn't been fired. I asked for help with one of my items and not only she was rude and nasty to me, but she was rude to the other store employees as well. I thought Lowe's was a better store than Home Depo. What do I not understand is why nasty people like this get assigned to be managers or to be in charge of the store? Is being an Assh*le part of a job requirement for these types of jobs? Don't corporations know that this type of behavior hurts their button line because employees like these scare customers away, and also scare the nice employees away? Every other week that I go to this store there are new people, but Samantha is always there. I wonder why is that. When is mobbing (bullying in the workplace) going to be taken seriously? It is not the first time I deal with Samantha, last time my husband and I was purchasing a lamp, and we saw her being rude to another customer, and that is when I finally asked for her name. Lowe's please train people about manners and fire this crazy woman ASAP! I would not shop at this store until she is gone.
Lowes Cashier
Pros
  • Location
Cons
  • Samantha is rude to customers and coworkers
  • Samantha the head cashier extremely rude
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
I want Samantha head cashier removed from that job. She is rude to customers all the time and to her own co-workers

Lowes review: Hassle free tape return

tried to return tape measuere and I was given a hassle. Took about 20 min to get issue resolved. Never had any issues prior to that. Will be calling customer service for an explanation...I think I an done with Kobalt...to Sears it is!!!!

I'm guessing the tape measure you were trying to return is a Kobalt. They stopped making the Kobalt tape measures some time early this year (I don't remember exact date).

This means that you cannot get them replaced in store any more.

By now, most item numbers (unique individual number for in store identification) for the Kobalts have been deactivated. What probably took them so long is trying to find the right number to reactivate for return.

Lowe's is done with Kobalt too. They are discontinuing the brand.

Too many contractors using the tools for commercial purposes and then expecting free replacements for life.

That's not how it works. Lifetime warranty was meant for personal use, and since managers are spineless and can't say no to anybody, they're just doing away with it altogether.

Product
Kobalt Tape Measure
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes review in Schenectady, New York: Carpet installation

2.8
Had carpet installed from Lowes a year and a half ago. It recently developed waves in it due to poor installation. I called Lowes and they directed me to the installation department. They stated it only had 1 yr guarantee therefore nothing can be done. Recently had another carpet installed before I realized the waves in the other. Carpet was defected from StainMaster. It developed loops and strands of carpet sticking up with black markes showing up. I have been tieing the strands together to prevent further damage. This was noted two days after put down. Pictures were sent to installer also. I was told only one loop was noted (only 1 picture was sent of this). Why is any loop noted? Over six months the problem still has not been resolved. Lowes states they are not responsible. Installation states they are not responsible, and stainmaster states they are not responsible I am out about $4000.00 STAY AWAY FROM LOWES AND THERE POOR INSTALLATION DEPARTMENT.
Lowes Carpet Installation
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Loss
Full refund
Tags
  • Worthless Warranty

Lowes review: Recent order

3.1
I ordered a range online. I was told in store that they can not connect propane range. Ok understand. Asked how delivery was handled so that I could arrange gas company to do connect. Well I receive email telling me it would be delivered 5/3 and that they would call and give 2 hour window on delivery night before. Well range does not come and I don’t find this out till afternoon before and after being told ready for delivery. Ok cancel gas company and rearrange time off to do so. They were now supposed to call once received to schedule delivery. No call but received yet another email that it was in and ready for pickup. I call and schedule delivery again. I am told I would get a call on a two hour window. 5/5 I call to get my two hour window. Nothing. No return call. I text. Am told something. And also I could get time frame morning of. Sorry this is pathetic and not very convenient for a Sunday. And I am sure as I was that I would not get a call this evening that I will not get a time frame when I call in the am. Never again will I deal with Lowes in such an order. A friend just went through same thing. Home Depot did all they told me they would on a mulch order and went over and above. They will get my next orders.
Lowes Delivery Service
Order processing issue

Lowes review: Troubles, troubles in Spokane

I contracted with Lowes to replace and install a new backsplash in my kitchen. The day they showed up I mentioned that I was suing the company that put in the previous backsplash. The worker called Lowes, excused himself to go to his vehicle, then disappeared. I called Lowes to find out what was going on and the install manager told me that they could not do my backsplash until my lawsuit was settled. I told them that all the evidence for the lawsuit was saved and they would not harm anything, but he argued that their policy is to not do anything when a lawsuit is pending. I then called the Lowes home office and explained that I had a contract which the local Lowes office signed and that I would sue them for breach of contract if they did not begin immediately. They agreed and a week later two more guys showed up and dropped off all the materials and said they did not know that the countertop was new and didn't feel comfortable working around a new quartz countertop. They left and I expected someone to come the following day. This was already two weeks past the original start date. Finally two guys came and took out the old backsplash and started to put in the new. Days went by between them coming to work and it took them almost a month to do a job which they said would take two or three days. Still they put the tile higher around the window than on the sides. I asked why and they blamed each other for not paying attention. So now I have waited another two months to get the window area fixed. The called yesterday and said they would be here in two weeks. Aargh (not really the word I wanted to use) but I DO NOT recommend Lowes installation of tile in Spokane.

I don't think I would be real eager to work for someone that just told me they were suing someone else over the work they were having me replace. You may well be one of those people that makes a living off suing people or are so hard to please that working for you would just be a big PITA.

Uh, why would anyone want to do work for you? I sure as *** wouldn't. Think about it.

Lowes Backsplash Installation

Lowes review: Lowe's blows

We ordered a $3000 granite countertop. We looked at their samples, and paid them the money. They sent out a low quality piece of rock that would not even pass as a good grave stone. It was low quality and had huge rusty looking areas. It was very porous and did not look like it had a good polish job. We got taken advantage of. It was like buying a new washer and dryer, only to have scratch and dent pieces delivered. We also ordered carpet. Ordered carpet for 2 bedrooms. Guess what- THEY INSTALLED OUR CARPET IN SOMEONE ELSES HOUSE! Lowes wrote the wrong names on the rugs. When the installers got to the first install job, the man there did not know what his wife ordered, and she was not home. Soo, they cut it and laid it in their house. When she came home she said ''that isn't our carpet''. Too late, it was installed already. We got nothing for having to wait another 3 weeks for rug. We had moved furniture to prepare for the rug to be laid...we did not even get a gift card. I spent hours and hours on the phone trying to work out many issues. When the office in NC saw the bad counter top, the agent said, ''that has to be replaced''. ''It will take another 3 weeks to reorder and replace it.'' So, I cancelled a vacation to the beach so I would be home when the replacement happened. Then, they did not do anything!!! I am so pissed that I fantasize about going into Lowes stores and doing damage. Scratch things, dent things, mix up the nuts and bolts in the bins, spill epoxy paint, open packages, put spray paint marks on area rugs and whatever else I can think of. I am glad that I owe money on the charge card, that way I can get remediated. LOWE'S BLOWS!!!

Anonymous was such a smart *** criticizing a person for misspelling managers, but I notice he is ignorant enough to misspell pattern.

That's what happens when you purchase a natural product rather than a man made products. No 2 pieces of granite are alike.

The grain and patters will change from one piece to the next. If you are going to buy natural stone you should purchase at a shop where you can pick the slab your to will be cut from.

Lowes Carpet Installation
Cons
  • Pretended to understand at nc production
Damaged or defective
Loss
Price reduction

Lowes review in Clinton, Maryland: NO MILITARY DUSCOUNT

Seldom shop at Lowe’s so today I was told that they don’t give discounts to military personnel. They want me to register so that they can have my personal information to share with others or maybe sell to telemarketers to recover the discounts. I suggest to totally boycott Lowes!

You can register at any Lowe's for military discount. Just ask customer service.

All they need for registration is your phone number, name, proof of military service (id, discharge papers), date of discharge/retirement, and branch you served. That's it. They keep no copies of any documents you bring. This process was enacted to smooth the checkout process.

So essentially, at checkout all you need is your phone number. No more waiting for an override.

Instant discount. If you still find fault with something, that's your problem.

they offer a discount and it is not sold. The purpose is so people don't have to keep showing their personal information every time and you can order things online and get a discount. Sorry you don't like to register the exact information you were sharing with a ton of strangers you don't know, but there is no reason to lie and say they don't give a discount.

First, they DO offer a discount, you just feel you don't feel you need to follow their policy to verify you qualify. Second, what makes you feel that you are so special that stores need to offer you a discount?

Your service is to be admired but there are others that are just as deserving of a discount that don't get them. Teachers, police officers and firefighters just to name a few. Before you say you put your life on the line protecting the country keep in mind that firefighters protect us day in and day out, risking their lives as well.

Many encounter PSTD due to the things they encounter in fighting fires and dealing with injured and dead people in the course of their profession. I can't say that I have seen a post from these professions complaining that they don't get discounts.

View more comments (2)

Lowes, Butler, NJ

2.3
I've been waiting two weeks for an associate to call me back with an estimate for an installation. I can't get hold of anyone. This store is so bad they don't even answer the store phone. I even tried to call during the day at 10:30am and 2:30pm, you figure someone would be available during those times. Nope, just rings and rings. I contacted the corporate office to complain and they said the store manager would call me back in 24 hours and it's now been 3 days. Also, when you go in the store there is never anyone in the isles for assistance. You're pretty much on your own.

Anonymous, Read what you write and try to spell correctly instead of being an ***

If it's that hard to get an estimate so the can make the sale, just think how long it will take to get someone to do the work after they have your money.

So you say there is never anyone in the isles to help? In a self service home improvement warehouse? How ODD!

View more comments (2)
Lowes Installation

Lowes review: Terrible

I purchased a Bathroom vanity, toilet, faucet, mirror and lighting. They were supposed to deliver on may 3, well I received no phone call so I called them They told me yes between 6:30 and 8:30pm. That time came and went. I called back now they said by 9:00pm. That came and went so again I called. It took awhile for the person to get in touch with the delivery driver. Now they said sorry we can't deliver it until Saturday. This is just so wrong. It makes you think, Where is my stuff. I had to push back the insulation cause of lowes delivery. It was and is very UNPROFESSIONAL the way there delivery system is. Never again.
Lowes Home Delivery Service

Lowes review: Terrible packing

Terrible packing. Thankfully my items were OK but the box was open. Well not order online again
Lowes Delivery Service