Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes review: Troubles, troubles in Spokane

I contracted with Lowes to replace and install a new backsplash in my kitchen. The day they showed up I mentioned that I was suing the company that put in the previous backsplash. The worker called Lowes, excused himself to go to his vehicle, then disappeared. I called Lowes to find out what was going on and the install manager told me that they could not do my backsplash until my lawsuit was settled. I told them that all the evidence for the lawsuit was saved and they would not harm anything, but he argued that their policy is to not do anything when a lawsuit is pending. I then called the Lowes home office and explained that I had a contract which the local Lowes office signed and that I would sue them for breach of contract if they did not begin immediately. They agreed and a week later two more guys showed up and dropped off all the materials and said they did not know that the countertop was new and didn't feel comfortable working around a new quartz countertop. They left and I expected someone to come the following day. This was already two weeks past the original start date. Finally two guys came and took out the old backsplash and started to put in the new. Days went by between them coming to work and it took them almost a month to do a job which they said would take two or three days. Still they put the tile higher around the window than on the sides. I asked why and they blamed each other for not paying attention. So now I have waited another two months to get the window area fixed. The called yesterday and said they would be here in two weeks. Aargh (not really the word I wanted to use) but I DO NOT recommend Lowes installation of tile in Spokane.

I don't think I would be real eager to work for someone that just told me they were suing someone else over the work they were having me replace. You may well be one of those people that makes a living off suing people or are so hard to please that working for you would just be a big PITA.

Uh, why would anyone want to do work for you? I sure as *** wouldn't. Think about it.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Backsplash Installation

Lowes review: Lowe's blows

We ordered a $3000 granite countertop. We looked at their samples, and paid them the money. They sent out a low quality piece of rock that would not even pass as a good grave stone. It was low quality and had huge rusty looking areas. It was very porous and did not look like it had a good polish job. We got taken advantage of. It was like buying a new washer and dryer, only to have scratch and dent pieces delivered. We also ordered carpet. Ordered carpet for 2 bedrooms. Guess what- THEY INSTALLED OUR CARPET IN SOMEONE ELSES HOUSE! Lowes wrote the wrong names on the rugs. When the installers got to the first install job, the man there did not know what his wife ordered, and she was not home. Soo, they cut it and laid it in their house. When she came home she said ''that isn't our carpet''. Too late, it was installed already. We got nothing for having to wait another 3 weeks for rug. We had moved furniture to prepare for the rug to be laid...we did not even get a gift card. I spent hours and hours on the phone trying to work out many issues. When the office in NC saw the bad counter top, the agent said, ''that has to be replaced''. ''It will take another 3 weeks to reorder and replace it.'' So, I cancelled a vacation to the beach so I would be home when the replacement happened. Then, they did not do anything!!! I am so pissed that I fantasize about going into Lowes stores and doing damage. Scratch things, dent things, mix up the nuts and bolts in the bins, spill epoxy paint, open packages, put spray paint marks on area rugs and whatever else I can think of. I am glad that I owe money on the charge card, that way I can get remediated. LOWE'S BLOWS!!!

Anonymous was such a smart *** criticizing a person for misspelling managers, but I notice he is ignorant enough to misspell pattern.

That's what happens when you purchase a natural product rather than a man made products. No 2 pieces of granite are alike.

The grain and patters will change from one piece to the next. If you are going to buy natural stone you should purchase at a shop where you can pick the slab your to will be cut from.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Carpet Installation
Cons
  • Pretended to understand at nc production
Damaged or defective
Loss
Price reduction

Lowes review in Clinton, Maryland: NO MILITARY DUSCOUNT

Seldom shop at Lowe’s so today I was told that they don’t give discounts to military personnel. They want me to register so that they can have my personal information to share with others or maybe sell to telemarketers to recover the discounts. I suggest to totally boycott Lowes!

You can register at any Lowe's for military discount. Just ask customer service.

All they need for registration is your phone number, name, proof of military service (id, discharge papers), date of discharge/retirement, and branch you served. That's it. They keep no copies of any documents you bring. This process was enacted to smooth the checkout process.

So essentially, at checkout all you need is your phone number. No more waiting for an override.

Instant discount. If you still find fault with something, that's your problem.

they offer a discount and it is not sold. The purpose is so people don't have to keep showing their personal information every time and you can order things online and get a discount. Sorry you don't like to register the exact information you were sharing with a ton of strangers you don't know, but there is no reason to lie and say they don't give a discount.

First, they DO offer a discount, you just feel you don't feel you need to follow their policy to verify you qualify. Second, what makes you feel that you are so special that stores need to offer you a discount?

Your service is to be admired but there are others that are just as deserving of a discount that don't get them. Teachers, police officers and firefighters just to name a few. Before you say you put your life on the line protecting the country keep in mind that firefighters protect us day in and day out, risking their lives as well.

Many encounter PSTD due to the things they encounter in fighting fires and dealing with injured and dead people in the course of their profession. I can't say that I have seen a post from these professions complaining that they don't get discounts.

View more comments (2)

Lowes, Butler, NJ

2.3
I've been waiting two weeks for an associate to call me back with an estimate for an installation. I can't get hold of anyone. This store is so bad they don't even answer the store phone. I even tried to call during the day at 10:30am and 2:30pm, you figure someone would be available during those times. Nope, just rings and rings. I contacted the corporate office to complain and they said the store manager would call me back in 24 hours and it's now been 3 days. Also, when you go in the store there is never anyone in the isles for assistance. You're pretty much on your own.

Anonymous, Read what you write and try to spell correctly instead of being an ***

If it's that hard to get an estimate so the can make the sale, just think how long it will take to get someone to do the work after they have your money.

So you say there is never anyone in the isles to help? In a self service home improvement warehouse? How ODD!

View more comments (2)
Lowes Installation

Lowes review: Terrible

I purchased a Bathroom vanity, toilet, faucet, mirror and lighting. They were supposed to deliver on may 3, well I received no phone call so I called them They told me yes between 6:30 and 8:30pm. That time came and went. I called back now they said by 9:00pm. That came and went so again I called. It took awhile for the person to get in touch with the delivery driver. Now they said sorry we can't deliver it until Saturday. This is just so wrong. It makes you think, Where is my stuff. I had to push back the insulation cause of lowes delivery. It was and is very UNPROFESSIONAL the way there delivery system is. Never again.
Lowes Home Delivery Service

Lowes review: Terrible packing

Terrible packing. Thankfully my items were OK but the box was open. Well not order online again
Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes review: Customer service

2.8
We waited two months (after ordering in September )for microwave to be installed finally in November .It quit working after four months in April, and now we have been waiting a month just to have it repaired! This is RIDICULOUS for a product still under warranty! It is also sitting in the middle of the kitchen because it had to be uninstalled first. We have bought ALL of our major appliances from Lowe’s for threehouses, but NOT again! Every time we have tried to contact someone we are just given another number to call. We will be shopping elsewhere next time we need appliances and recommend that others do so as well.

Lowes has nothing to do with the factory warranty. Why aren't you complaining about the manufacturer?

The manufacturer provides warranty service and authorized service centers for the first year. Are you still waiting for someone to look at it or are you waiting for parts?

My guess is that you have LG or Samsung appliances. They look nice but they are known for a lack of service centers and long waits for parts.

Lowes Microwave Repair
Cons
  • Installers pull guilt trip when you want prop fixed or replaced
  • Delivery service did not show up when scheduled
Tags
  • Terrible Customer Service

Lowes review in Waipahu, Hawaii: Nightmare

Purchased $200 JACUZZI toilet. Box had old tape which came off. When questioning salesman, was told "tape just popped off, it's good!" Took toilet home...toilet was cracked. Received new tape, replaced toilet...wrong tank top, wrong seat cover. Dealing with (Lowes in Waipahu) them on phone is impossible...put on hold, disconnected, called back over 5 (five) times, no one answers, automatic re-routing phone system, then, manager's excuses for phone problem lame. Constantly made by sales to go back to store. I feel employees also don't care about their job and neither does Jacuzzi company product purchased. Lowes Waipahu salesman told me seat cover doesn't need screws...I believed him!! When called back to speak to him he put me on hold, then, mysteriously phone was disconnected.
Product
Jacuzzi Toilet
Cons
  • Poor sales service at bathroom plumbing department
Loss

Lowes review: Empty store

staten island lowes bad news went to lowes to purchase carpet from a roll have it was about 7 pm no one could be found.so i called the service desk from my cell phone ,told the girl i was in the carpet dept and needed service .after the fifth call to the front desk ,i left the store 30 minutes, this happened several times before it seems when you go to this store after 5 pm they turn into ghost...Whoever cuts the staff should be fired. How do you run a mega store with no workers in it, its better to close the store then lose a customer, not good business ...Dumb business.wont last

That's how they keep their prices low! Complaining about it isn't going to do anything as long as people keep flocking to them!

Lowes Customer Care
Poor customer service

Lowes review in Elk Grove, California: Be aware before buy or doing any services with Lowe’s

Worst customer service. Every time I call, no one wants to take responsibility, and usually have the call hanged up. This happens several times every time I call them. The service is terrible. They installed both my dishwasher, and garbage disposal and both ones needed to return due to errors in the installation. Garbage disposal now fell down completely from the sink. Keep away from LOWES. Once they take your money, you are on your own. my dishwasher tha i purchaseis Bosh. the told me that if getting the purchase with instalation and pay in advance, i was going to received a rebate for instalation from Bosh. i did wherever they told me to fullfill my rebate. few week later Bosk send my a letter that i dont qualify for due with the date of the purchase. They lie to me to get the service.

I bought a dishwasher 3 weeks ago paid cash still waiting for the install to be scheduled.

Lowes Dishwasher Installation
Pros
  • Would rate zero stars if i could
Cons
  • Arrogant employee
Tags