Filter by rating
Product:

Lowes in North Canton, Ohio - Siding installation

2.1
Lowes - Siding installation
Ordered siding through Lowe’s installation in June of 2016. Also ordered gutters and a deck to be installed. Deck was finally installed beginning of September 2016 because the installer for that was tired of waiting for the siding to get done. Mind you, we’ve been calling every week or so starting in August to find out when we were going to get our siding that was supposed to be installed in July. Every time we called they would tell us the siding installer should be there on such-in-such date. Every time the installer didn’t show. No siding was ever even delivered to our home until December of 2016, and it wasn’t installed until January of 2017. 7 months of a siding install and they do it in the middle of winter. Needless to say, the job was horrendous. When spring came, it was obvious just how bad it was—crooked and not level siding, warped siding, siding falling off when it rained (not a huge storm, just rain), and damage to our chimney which led to water damage in one room of our home. We contacted Lowe’s immediately. This was spring on 2017. It wasn’t fixed until March of 2018. Almost 2 years after the initial order and we are still dealing with this! They offered us $1000 in compensation, that’s it, for a $20000 job it took them 2 years to complete to our “satisfaction “. The exact words from the supposed head of the complaint department, Sayquan, were “You said yourself you were satisfied with the work”. We see our lawyer next week.

Lowes has absolutely NO control over their subcontractors. I learned the hard way that you should NEVER pay for the complete job to include the labor before the job is done.

Hire a local company to do the work and then you only pay when the job is complete .At Lowes you pay for the whole job labor and all and then have no recourse if the subcontractor does not complete the job correctly.Your screwed unless the contractor comes back, as Lowes cannot make them do anything.NEVER have Lowes install anything ! !

! !

@David

We got an exorbitant quote from them to install Hardie siding. I called the woman who scheduled the appointment and asked if Lowe’s sold Hardie siding.

She said they did. I told her I was not happy with the quote. She said you could buy the material from Lowe’s and have a third party install. They will come and measure.

I said your man has measured already. She said we don’t share our measurements with that Dept.

WTFSo Lowe’s has no control over installers. Can’t even get measurements from them.Avoid them!

View more comments (1)
Order processing issue

Lowes in Chico, California - Cashier

4.7
In general, I love Lowes. Always seems to be a friendly staff person available to help you find stuff. That's great, and that's why I keep coming back. But it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch. At a check out aisle, I only had two small PVC adapters I wanted to buy (value -- a couple of dollars). Apparently, that little purchase raised her suspicions. She asked me, "Only those two items"? The question made me feel like she didn't trust me and thought I might be trying to steal something (hidden in my pocket or somewhere or there might be something else wrong with my purchase). Who knows? But the question put me on the defensive. Here I am trying to support their business, and the cashier disrespects me. That's why I frequently consider shopping at Amazon since they don't want to ding shoppers with micro-aggressive questions that make them feel like a thief or otherwise devalued. Lowes, please train/retrain cashiers to show as much respect for customers who spend two dollars and much as customers who pay two thousand dollars (let store security handle shoplifters). A lousy cashier can ruin an entire shopping experience. So, stop asking that type of question. It's offensive. Lowes tries hard to serve the community’s home improvement needs. So, I’m confident they’ll do something about an occasional bad apple.

Lol, micro-aggressive questions. Pull the stick out if your *** my friend. You think way to much of your self

“micro-aggressive questions” That’s a new one. Where did you get that term from, your shrink?

Relax and take your medication.

I’m sure it was an innocent question. Quit being so micro-sensitive.

Your an idiot. Please, this must be a joke. No one can be this dumb.

OMFG, are you kidding me? She asked you “only those two items” probably to try to engage you in conversation about your project/task.

Why is theft automatically where your mind goes?

Sounds to me like you have a guilty conscience. I also bet you’ve never worked w the general public.

@WOW

I don't want to be engaged in any casual conversation when I interact with a cashier. A pleasant smile from him/her would more than suffice.

Oh, yes, if anyone has a guilty conscience, it would be the cashier. Most folks who work the cash register are fine, but some of them may have to deal with their unconscious biases, and this is something Lowe's needs to monitor or they can forget about my comment and I'll just shop elsewhere. No problem!

G.B. America that we have so many choices!

@Anonymous

"lways seems to be a friendly staff person "Then you negate your first comment about friendly people. DB's such as yourself are the reason we have cashiers and such that don't want to be friendly not knowing what kind of @#$# a *** like you is on that day.Stay home next time loser.

@Anonymous

"Always seems to be a friendly staff person available to help you find stuff" is a true statement. I never said there always seems to be a friendly cashier available at the register.

No "negation" here.Sadly, you are giving a reason why you are unfriendly instead of apologizing for being that way.

Customers pick up on that unfriendly attitude and avoid shopping at certain stores or avoid certain cashier lanes. The tone of your comments says it all!

View more comments (6)
Review
Pros
  • Salesman
Cons
  • Cashier

Lowes - Absolutely HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER USE THEM

The most horrible service for credit cards. I cannot descrie how awful they treated me and they just do not respect their clients. Horrible all around -do yourself a favor and simply use their competitors. You will save yourself hours of aggravation.

What a poor complaint? Is your complaint about the process of using a credit card at Lowes or is it about the card itself.

If it is about the card you are complaining in the wrong place.

Lowes has nothing to to with your credit account other than accepting the card as a form of payment. If you are going to post a complaint tell the story of what your problem is.

Lowe's does not issue credit cards. They accept cards issued from Synchrony Bank that have a Lowe's logo printed on the front of them.

Your problem is with a bank.

But it was probably your fault anyway, let's be real. Let me guess, you missed a payment and they had the nerve to charge you a late fee?

View more comments (1)
Bad quality

Lowes - Waiting and waiting and waiting

Every time I want to buy something that is on their upper shelves I seem to wait 30 min plus. I hate the Lowe’s in Monaca. Although it’s convenient to where I live I will drive the extra 20 minutes to Home Depot. I will save time in the long run.

Lowes in Fayetteville, Georgia - Horrible inept customer service

1.4
Worst company to try to get a problem resolved with!

If your requests to resolve a problem are as detailed as this post it is no wonder no one will help you. Why would you even bother posting a complaint like this on a complaint board? If you aren't willing to go into any detail at all about your problem with Lowes is, don't waste your time.

@Anonymous

If I'd wanted an anonymous comment from a keyboard warrior I'd have asked for one so ***

@Anonymous

You don’t have to ask for one. When you post a comment on a complaint board...

it’s implied. So {{redacted}}

View more comments (2)
Poor customer service

Lowes - Rebate Program SUCKS!!

I'm a 30 year customer at Lowe's. Sent in a couple of the new rebates at the encouragement of the sales associate. No rebate came, just an ambiguous letter that my rebate 'did not qualify' and to re-submit it. They had all my paperwork!! Stupid. I am switching to Menard's where the rebate procedure is SO much simpler. And they actually give you the rebate, not the run-around... BTW the rebate was on anything purchased that day,. How could it not qualify??? I probably buy over $1000 from Lowe's in a year. Maybe small change to them, but a lot to me. Lowe's new rebate program is in response to Menard's 11% rebate program, I'm sure. Lowe's b;ew that one big time. Some lawyer should start a class action. Ridiculous.

After years of shopping at lowes I have have made my last purchase, the rebate is a scam. I will not support this company they are not honorable.

Same here, I was told when I purchased an LG Laundry suite and 2 pedastals I would receive a $300 gift card. I applied for my gift card online as advised and about 6 weeks later I got a piece of paper in the mail (that looked like it had been chewed on) stating my submission did not qualify and to resubmit my receipt by mail.

I did the resubmit only to see online the rabate status "does not qualify".I am not jumping through hoops for their rebate but I hope someone who cares sees this because I will NOT be purchasing my appliances from Lowes next year when I do my kitchen remodel. That $300 rebate that that "did not qualify" just cost them much more!

This is a scam, they try not to pay you. 'Your receipt is not clear'. The receipt is printed by Lowes and I sent the original!

I had problem with the paint $10 per gallon rebate. I had bought 7 gallons all exactly the same kind and brand.

Was due to get $70.00 rebate. Only received $50.

I have been going round and round with them. Not shopping at Lowes any longer

Same problem my rebate not qualify

Same problem so disappointed

Same experience, 100%. Very frustrated.

This all goes to show there can be problems with any rebate. Menards site is full of complaints about rebates.

There are a lot of places an error can occur. The submitter may make an error, the post office handles it on 2 ends of the process and the rebate center handles it s well.

With millions of rebates being submitted even a .0001% rate of the rebate not getting through will result in a few complaints. Just a fact of life, nothing is perfect.

View more comments (7)
Bad quality

Lowes - Online rebate submission

4.5
Recently bought windows from Lowe's considering the $500 rebate. Unfortunately, Lowe's website for rebates has serious issues from entering the information to submitting it! I don't understand why the purchase date format is yyyy/mm/dd ?? I've never seen it backwards before and when I did it on my cell phone there was no indication so I tried it for hundred times in vain. After figuring that out on my desk top computer, I entered all info correctly but it never confirmed my submission after hours of buffering! Needless to say, quite frustrated from spending all afternoon for nothing! Hopefully someone will help over the phone at customer service tomorrow!
Review
Pros
  • Edward at store number 1607 was very helpful
Cons
  • Online rebate submission doesnt work
Online rebate submission
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Logan, Utah - Military discount LIE

2.0
I have always been given a military discount until today. Lowes now requires registration AND that personnel MUST give over personal info...even if they do not want to. What they have now is NOT a discount but the capture of info to sell and use as they wish. Will be referring to Lowes as Facebook jr. AND will no longer shop there. Military should not allow these places to cheat them...sell their info...or allow the compromise of personal info (they "cannot be held accountable".

there is no selling of info. all they do is check your credentials, mark that they checked it and it has you verified. it does not store any info.

I guess it's been a while since you shopped there, not a steady customer anyway. They went to a new system to verify who actually qualifies for the vet discount and prevent fraudulent use of the discount.

There is nothing that says any store is required to give you a discount. If you don't like their system don't use it. Be grateful when a discount is offered as there is none at a lot of stores.

It's too bad to see so many vets cry about the lack of a discount or what they need to do to get one. There are a lot of people equally deserving of a discount that aren't offered one.

@Anonymous

The procedure to get qualified is quiet simple. When you are qualified, this carries over to online purchases.

I do not have knowledge of selling list, however providing your address or email basically creates a customer data base.I appreciate the discount, as I am sure other veterans do. You choice is to participate or not.

View more comments (2)
Problems with payment

Lowes - Can't Deliver

Bought a washer dryer combo at Lowe's the first Lowes told me they could not get my merchandise to me for a month the second Lowes told me 3 week (big difference) Here it is delivery day and I have not heard from them. Their competitor charges a little more but can deliver within a week. They sure don't mind getting your money but cannot deliver on the goods and services that the are supposed to provide. Hind sight being 20/20 I should have stuck to my guns and bought my appliances from the orange store. I have no reason what so ever to go into Lowes in the future and if my appliances are not delivered today I will be getting my money back
Review
Cons
  • Sales associate lie
Problem with delivery

Lowes - "CANT DELIVER"!!!!!

2.3

Update by user Apr 28, 2018

Still have not heard from anyone at Lowe’s. Very disappointed.

Original review posted by user Mar 29, 2018

I placed an order online on 3/16/18 where the order needs to be delivered by flatbed truck. I called a few days later to follow up and they mentioned that the items were not in stock at the time, but now they are and will be delivered the next day. A few more days go by and still no delivery. Every time I call its the same deal. They're looking into it but it should be delivered tomorrow. Again on 3/28 i was promised to have the delivery by 3/29 and to be FIRST delivery. I called again on 3/29 at 9:30am and they confirmed the truck left to pick up the items from a particular lowes location near by and delivery will take place in the morning. Today 3/29/18 at 12pm EST still no delivery. No one calls me to say anything. No one cares obviously. Its as if they are telling me to shop elsewhere and that they dont want my business.
Review
Cons
  • Delivery
  • Customer service
Preferred solution