Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes review: No Service Found at Lowe's Opelousas

3.2
Lowe's Opelousas has sunk to a new low. They are now on the same level as WalMart when it relates to customer service. There is on most occasions only one cashier in Lawn and Garden to deal with the busy spring volume. Today I waited 15 minutes to check out and then waited another 30 minutes for someone to come out and load a pallet of mulch into my trailer. After 30 minutes I went get my refund where I found all the employees talking together. I will take my business to the local vendors that are pro customer service instead of the big box that is only concerned with profits, stock prices and their bonuses.

Big box stores aren't known for service. How do you expect them to keep prices low?

The best way to keep your expenses low is to cut payroll.

Sure, you will pay a little more at a locally owned store but you will get the service you want and save time to boot. Most people value their time and the time you save will be with the little extra you pay a local store that has the staff to help you.

Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Quality of the items sold
Cons
  • Assistance in loading bulky items
  • Lack of any customer service
  • Length of time to check out in lawn and garden
Poor customer service

Lowes review: Shower door run around

2.5
We ordered a shower door for our contractor to finish our bathroom remodel since Lowes had no door in store stock to meet our needs. The first order ended up in an empty box at the store with no shower door inside the box. That order was cancelled and a refund was issued. The refund never showed back up in our bank account. We had to reorder but get credit for the difference since it was a sale/discounted item when we ordered the first time. We have exceeded the one month time of trying to deal with Lowes. Now we have to take in our bank statements to prove that we payed for the shower door twice and still have no shower doors. Our family has to go take showers at a second residence since we have no shower doors on our newly remodeled bathroom with no shower doors. I am just thankful we bought the bathroom tiles and paints from a different vendor.
Machele

Dispute the charge with your card company and buy an adjustable shower rod and curtain. Don't wait around for Lowe's to correct the whole problem.

Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Ease and location of the store
Cons
  • Delivery and refund problems
Problem with delivery
Loss

Lowes review: Purchased a water heater

2.2
Lowes review - Purchased a water heater
Lowes review - Purchased a water heater
I purchased a water heater in Lowe’s in Delaware. The price was 385.00 in millsboro Delaware and the same water heater in Newark Delaware was 342.00. I called customer service and they said it was at the manager discretion. What is this. Isn’t it the same store and same state. It’s not right

No, prices aren't always the same in a nation wide chain. The stores will be competitive with other stores in their area.

I worked for another retailer and we were continually checking our competitors prices and matched them on our sales floor. A store across town who didn't compete with a store next door to the store I worked in wouldn't reduce their price as they didn't have a direct competitor for price.

Ao Smith Water Heater
Pricing issue

Lowes review in Hamburg, Pennsylvania: Lumber Aisle

The Hamburg, Pa store needs to open thier lumber aisle. I was there Friday at 4ish, it was closed. Came back at 6:30 or so and it was still closed. Went there Sunday morning and it was still closed. Parked my cart with other items in it and left. Tried 3 times to spend money at this store this weekend, 3 times i left pssied off. Can't believe they have there lumber yard closed on a weekend. Off to Home Depot.

Menards will get to PA eventually and you will find out what you have been missing in a home center.

Your post isn't very clear. Are you talking about the aisle with lumber inside the store or are you trying to get into some kind of an exterior lumber yard?

The aisle inside.

View more comments (2)
Poor customer service

Lowes review in North Attleborough, Massachusetts: Service is not in thier businesd profile.

2.5
If the ceo spent more tome with ensuring customer serbice and less time trying raising stock prices...the business would be there. I am a contractor. Time is expensive order on line or phone and orders are rarely ready for pickup. Today is the last day i will use lowes as it cost me and my customets more to shop the there.

Type your message hehttps://www.facebook.com/DumpLowes/

Hate to tell you this, but the job of a CEO is to keep profits up which keeps their stock prices up. The biggest controllable expense for a retail store is the payroll.

If they can make more money putting stock on the shelves for customers to grab and take thought the registers than building loads for contractors, that's what they will do. Sure it's nice to have a good contractor sale here and there but the big box stores' bread and butter is sales going out the front door in volume.

View more comments (1)
Order processing issue

Lowes review in Lindale, Texas: Extended warranty ripoff

Update by user Apr 22, 2018

I'm done with Lowes. One of the worst companies in the USA. They do not honor warranty.

Original review posted by user Apr 21, 2018

Bought extended warranty on riding mower. When the mower broke, they wouldn't honor warranty. Been a customer since 1986, the worst customer service in the business. Will never go to a Lowes store again. Talked to Eric Harmon in customer service. What a waste of my time. He made sure my mower did not get fixed. I asked for second opinion, he refused. Asked to take it back to store to show manager, he again refused.

You fail to say what went wrong with the mower and why they say it isn't covered. These service plans don't cover consumer abuse or neglect. For example, if you ran it without oil it wouldn't be covered.

Geovanna
@Anonymous

The mower won't idle.They said carb was dirty and air filter installed backwards. I totally disagree.

I couldn't find any dirt and the air filter can only be installed one way because of the shape of the filter along with the filter shape made into the cover. I tried to install backward and you can't. It was a mechanical issue that I fixed with a zip tie. Idles fine now.

The other issue is the mower wouldn't engage. 3 months mowing grass, really. Turned out to be faulty pulley.

Again fixed myself. Disappointed in Lowes to say the least.

@Geovanna

That's what small claims court is for.

Geovanna
@Anonymous

Did something better. Mailed corporate my 32 year credit card back and told them what they could with it.

Just spent $1300 on materials and built 170 sq. ft. covered porch. Not one penny spent at Lowes.

Went to Ace Hardware where they asked me if I needed any help when I walked in. In 32 yrs., that NEVER happened at Lowes. I will gladly spend a few dollars more for that kind of service. Lowes has no concept of service from the floor employees, customer service reps (big joke), to corporate heads.

Will be building a very large porch on the back of my house next. My money is going to Ace Hardware.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Lawn Mower Warranty
Cons
  • Customer service
Warranty issue

Lowes review: Don't believe the on-line delivery date given

I placed an on-line order for a washing machine on 4/20/2018 and was given a delivery date of 4/29/2018. Early this morning (4/21), I received a call from the Lowes location that I ordered from (Post Road, Indianapolis, IN) notifying me that the earliest my washer could be delivered will be 5/13/2018. When I asked "why?", I was told that the LOWES on-line system/original date given were wrong and 5/13/2018 is the earliest delivery date for my washer. Not satisfied with this answer, I contacted LOWES CORPORATE CUSTOMER SERVICE to voice my concern(s). I was informed that the date given on-line is just an estimated date and that it is up to the store that the item(s) was/were purchased from to set and actual delivery date. In closing BUYER BEWARE when choosing LOWES/LOWES HOME DELIVERY. And be prepared for the worst when contacting Lowes (LACK OF) Customer Service....from the store location or Corporate.

I'd bet you ordered a Samsung or LG washing machine. When they placed the order with the manufacture they found they didn't have them in their US warehouses and it would have to be ordered from Korea. At that point they let you know what they were told and notice they said the 13th was the earliest date, it could be well beyond that knowing the delays that can happen in shipping.

Lowes Delivery Service
Order processing issue

Lowes review: They SUCK

The fail to tell you if you dont pay off your quote on quote special offer by the experation date they charge up the *** 2000.00 with 5% off 6 months later charged 300.00 in intrest... even though ive been paying double payments every month and already paying intrest . Scam ... scam.. scam.. I have 15 credit cards but lowes is aweful..

I have had a Lowe's credit card for about a year now. My purchase came up to $1150, and my bill is still about $600!

I pay more than my minimum balance and sometimes twice a month,but they still don't apply it to my account! The interest rate is 27 percent. With this you'll never pay off your bill!

Never Again! I will never in my life get another card from them again!

Lowes Credit Card
Problems with payment

Lowes review in Knoxville, Tennessee: Me Again for the 3rd Time

1.5
So this is my third complaint about Lowes. As I stated in my last couple of complaints, back in 1/16/2018 we order Siding, gutters and an exterior door. It is now 4/20/2018, 3 months and 4 days later. The siding is a mess with 4 windows screwed up, with a few other issues. Jr Diaz who is the owner of the siding company that installed this mess is finally coming out and trying to correct the issue. Although it still remains to be seen if he fixes the windows. Claims now that he will be out here Saturday 4/28/2018 and get them fixed. Now I am trying to get our exterior door installed. Door was never ordered until late Feb early march. When that finally came in and installer came out late march it didn't fit. He remeasured and left with that door telling me that he would have it re ordered. Two weeks later after not hearing from them I called Lowes. The door had not been re-ordered. I was told by Lowes that the door would be in 4/16/2018. Which it was when I called that morning. I was informed they would let the installer know and he would call me withing 24 hours if not that very day. No call. I called Tuesday afternoon. Wednesday no call. I called again. Thursday still no call. I called again. Thursday close to 5 pm I finally got a voice mail. This morning I called. I am now informed that they can not come out here until Thursday the 26th. This makes 3 months and 10 days just to get an exterior door installed. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM LOWES IF YOU ARE NEEDING IT INSTALLED BY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TO HOME DEPOT, GRAB SOMEONE OFF THE STREETS, DO IT YOURSELF IF YOU CAN. Oh and BTW Jr Diaz, the owner of the company that installed our siding. He told us yesterday he is no longer putting siding on homes that he was going to strictly going to be doing roofing. So if you live in the knoxville TN area buyer beware Jr Diaz Roofing if he is the one that installs roofs for Lowes here. His people are not trained except on the job training. They are learning as they go and hey your roof is really not something that most of us can climb up on and check out their work.

5.6 months for two doors with Lowes. One was fuckrd up and one never showed. Got all my money back.

I purchased my roof from Lowe's on 1 of my rental homes and Jr Diaz was the contractor and him and his crew do an amazing job. That has been four years ago and just in June I purchased a roof for my house and went through Lowe's again and requested Diaz Roofing for my sub contractor and was happy they were still with Lowe's.

I have to say Lowe's has changed a few things that I was very unhappy about with, like the Central office you have to deal with that NEVER answer their phones or call you back and the delivery company they use now is AWFUL and does not come when they say but my roof looks amazing and couldn't be happier. By the end of the year I have to do another roof on one of my rentals and I definitely will have Jr and his crew do it, rather I go through Lowe's or not I will use them

Was this Mr. Diaz's contact a Michelle Morales?

You purchased your project the wrong way. The best way is to find a contractor who you can trust and let them order the products from a dealer they trust. Going to a store and letting them pick a contractor and add a markup to their labor without letting you know who will be working on your home is a big risk.

@Anonymous

thanks but too late now.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Door Installation
Cons
  • Delivery did not show up day after day
  • Manager could care less
  • Dont care about you once they have your money
Reason of review
property destroyed & door not being ordered delivered and installed in the 3 to 4 weeks as promised
Loss
Preferred solution
I want my windows repaired r exchanged out 4 new 1s other option on windows is $2000 cr on my bill this is price quoted by Lowes As far as our door we want a price reduction 4 waiting 3mths for door. Probably a reduction 4 the over all horrible job done
Tags
  • Lowes Does not Care About Customer
  • Lowe s Fails Customer
  • Lowes Hires Incompetent People
  • Nightmare Experience With Lowes

Lowes review: Unprofessional Service

I had requested a bid on a carpet install..the Representative came and measured, left and would get back with me with a bid. I never recieved a call. After numerous calls requesting my bid. After 2 weeks I was given a bid. At which time I was assured my representative would be there. To no avail they were not there at the time they said the would be. I called voicing my opinion on their unprofessionalism and was assured someone would be there at the alloted time agreed on. Again no show after waiting an hour and the Manager trying to contact said employee. After leaving I was called by employee apoligizing once again and began to tell me he would reduce the quoted purchase which I angrly refused. I have been a loyal patron of Lowes but from here on out I will never purchase or recommend to anyone to shop at your stores.
Lowes Carpet Installation