Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes in Logan, Utah - Military discount LIE

2.0
I have always been given a military discount until today. Lowes now requires registration AND that personnel MUST give over personal info...even if they do not want to. What they have now is NOT a discount but the capture of info to sell and use as they wish. Will be referring to Lowes as Facebook jr. AND will no longer shop there. Military should not allow these places to cheat them...sell their info...or allow the compromise of personal info (they "cannot be held accountable".

there is no selling of info. all they do is check your credentials, mark that they checked it and it has you verified. it does not store any info.

I guess it's been a while since you shopped there, not a steady customer anyway. They went to a new system to verify who actually qualifies for the vet discount and prevent fraudulent use of the discount.

There is nothing that says any store is required to give you a discount. If you don't like their system don't use it. Be grateful when a discount is offered as there is none at a lot of stores.

It's too bad to see so many vets cry about the lack of a discount or what they need to do to get one. There are a lot of people equally deserving of a discount that aren't offered one.

@Anonymous

The procedure to get qualified is quiet simple. When you are qualified, this carries over to online purchases.

I do not have knowledge of selling list, however providing your address or email basically creates a customer data base.I appreciate the discount, as I am sure other veterans do. You choice is to participate or not.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Customer Care

Lowes - Can't Deliver

Bought a washer dryer combo at Lowe's the first Lowes told me they could not get my merchandise to me for a month the second Lowes told me 3 week (big difference) Here it is delivery day and I have not heard from them. Their competitor charges a little more but can deliver within a week. They sure don't mind getting your money but cannot deliver on the goods and services that the are supposed to provide. Hind sight being 20/20 I should have stuck to my guns and bought my appliances from the orange store. I have no reason what so ever to go into Lowes in the future and if my appliances are not delivered today I will be getting my money back
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Sales associate lie
Problem with delivery

Lowes - "CANT DELIVER"!!!!!

2.3

Update by user Apr 28, 2018

Still have not heard from anyone at Lowe’s. Very disappointed.

Original review posted by user Mar 29, 2018

I placed an order online on 3/16/18 where the order needs to be delivered by flatbed truck. I called a few days later to follow up and they mentioned that the items were not in stock at the time, but now they are and will be delivered the next day. A few more days go by and still no delivery. Every time I call its the same deal. They're looking into it but it should be delivered tomorrow. Again on 3/28 i was promised to have the delivery by 3/29 and to be FIRST delivery. I called again on 3/29 at 9:30am and they confirmed the truck left to pick up the items from a particular lowes location near by and delivery will take place in the morning. Today 3/29/18 at 12pm EST still no delivery. No one calls me to say anything. No one cares obviously. Its as if they are telling me to shop elsewhere and that they dont want my business.
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Delivery
  • Customer service
Price reduction

Lowes - Carpet Install

Purchased "in store" carpet and was told that it would be installed in two weeks. Called store and they said that they "changed systems" and waited a month to have it installed. Had call 4 or 5 times before anyone would answer. No one seems to know what to do and who to call. Store lacks staff who know the products or where to find products. It difficult to find any staff and if found may give the wrong information. It is like talking to an employee who just started that day. Store has large turnover and has 15 openings. Store located in North Naples, FL.

also they really dont care.if you have any problem always call the lowes corporate office first then they will call your store then you have a better chance of getting the problem fixed.

FYI, the term "changed systems" is actually code for "our carpet installer company got tired of working for less than 50% of what they would if they didn't work for us and they quit and we haven't found another carpet installer desperate enough to work for us yet."

I'd get a refund and go somewhere else.

View more comments (2)
Review
#1220044 Review #1220044 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Carpet Installation
Problem with delivery
Loss
Preferred solution
Train employees and increase their pay

Lowes in Topeka, Kansas - Can't get carpet installation number from store

I purchased carpeting for LR, Hall, Master Bedroom, Closets, TV Room....big rooms. Put off installation due to having problems getting tile installed first. Now, they will not call me back with the number for installation. I am screaming mad at this point, and they give me a front end manager who is checking people out then cut me off (not because I was mad), just cut me off. Then an assistant manager spends time balling me out instead of getting me the number. Pathetic customer service! Now you want at least 100 words. This is insane! Won't be doing business there again. {{Redacted}}

Sounds like you might be one of those customers that can't speak to a retail employee without exercising your vast vocabulary of four letter words. Treat the salespeople in a civilized manner and you will receive much better service.

Review
#1219357 Review #1219357 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Carpet Installation
Cons
  • Customer service
Loss

Lowes - Very disappointed...pissed

We had laminate installed in our house in 2007. It buckled 5 months later. I went to the store to ask about it being fixed. They said for me to send pictures of the damage. I sent them but never heard back. I went back to the store. This time they had a new flooring manager. This was in 2010. They said they had removed the information on our flooring because it had been to long. But they were willing to work things out and they would get back to me. They never did. So I went back and again they had a new flooring manager who said they could not help me. Really, So we have been dealing with a buckled floor since 2007. Will not even come close to Lowes in the future. I am now working with HD on getting it fixed or replaced. They said that they never would have dropped the ball on this install.

Seems odd that if you had a problem and filed a claim in 2007 or early 2008 that you would wait till 2010 to follow up on its status. You would think you would stay on top of it.

Now 8 years later your are following up on it again?

Surely couldn't have been a very big problem if you let this much time go by. Not saying they shouldn't have gotten back to you but your lack of follow up over 11 years shows you are making a mountain out of a molehill in this complaint.

Review
#1219322 Review #1219322 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Flooring Installation
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Buying a door

2.3
Lowes in Olive Branch MS March 17, 2018 I have been to lowes 4 times to buy a door and there is NO one to help me. They say every body has gone for the day. It was 4:45. I work until 4 and can't get there any sooner. I can go anywhere to buy a door but normally lowes is good except there is not any help there anymore. You can't find anyone to help you. Finally the guy that works in the door department was there on that Thursday the 15th and he told me if I put the door on a lowes credit card that I would get a 15% discount. So I bought one door cash and came back Saturday to get the other door. Got up to the cash register and told them that the guy had said a 15% discount if I put it on a lowes credit card. They would not give me the discount on the card. Even the manager would not. Really is 15% discount such a big ordeal. I bought 2 doors from you and you are to cheap to honor what the guy told me. I don't like Home Depot but I will be shopping there from now own. We were trying to get some fence post Sikra mix and your site said Southaven MS had 14 packs well we got there they could not find them. Really.... So we went to the lowes on Perkins and they were so nice and helpful. They had the product. Glad I am thru shopping a lowes.

Lowe's need to get more help in their department every time customers come to to find what they need I can't find no one to help them especially in electrical and millwork

If the stores in your area are the same as mine, their promotions change on Thursdays. A promotion valid on Wednesday would no longer be valid on Saturday.

Then you ramble on about switching to Home Depot but are right back to being upset with a store in Southaven for being out of stock but really liked the store on Perkins because they were so helpful. You don't make a lot of sense.

Review
#1219272 Review #1219272 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Lowes Credit Card

Lowes - Receiving a rebtate that never comes

1.8
after many calls to the rebate center and tracking down receipts to the various stores from which the applianc after many hours of sending lowes copys of receipts and hours spent on the phone i still have not received my rebate for appliances purchased over the internet on black fri in 2017. i will never again purchase anything from lowes on their web site as it was and is a nightmare.they charged me for two refrigerators.which took months to get removed from my bill.I'm sure that the last person I spoke with will not help me either, so I will will just have to give it up,as dealing with lowes is a losing cause.

6//4/2018 Lowe's' is clearly heading into a new I don't care about the customer attitude. Calling Corporate Customer Care is useless lip service to no service approach.

At this time our Samsung front loader washer is protected under their 5 yr extended warranty. Did I say protected in a few more days it will be 1 month in a broken unable to use state.

The only customer justice is to inform the public and cease to give Lowe's any new business online or in there stores.Good luck with your Lowe's problems as they are all similar in nature. No Customer Service !

“Receipts”(meaning plural)... In order for a rebate to become eligible, All items must be on the same receipt.

Review
#1219263 Review #1219263 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Rebate

Lowes - Can never get items

2.6
I have ordered from Pearland Pkwy Lowes the delivery team pretty much comes on their time or too bad, be it days or in one case months, I canceled. I gave them another chance and ordered for pick up well I can’t even pick up a order that I paid for. I complained to their 800 number he told me that everything was resolved and I would be reimbursed on the truck I rented the next day, expect a call from the manager David. Here we are 4 days later no call from David, no out door furniture. I guess that I can forget the money I used to pay for the truck and I will probably have to rent another when they decide that I can have my furniture. I am no fan of Home Depot but at least I believe that if I pay for a product I will receive it.
Review
#1219174 Review #1219174 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Pick Up Service
Problem with pick up
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in Langhorne, Pennsylvania - Coperate lied

I texted lowes coperate to see if locations would cut a key fob I purchased online through a vendor. After multiple bot responses thenext day I was told all locations could cut the key I purchased else where. I go to my local store employee has no idea tries to get a manager on phone, then goes to physically find a manager. Who then says they can not do it. I tell and show them my correspondance with coperate. She calls someone then again says they wont do it. I leave call complaint line 30 minutes mainly on hold to then get told someone has misinformation and the company will work on it. So hour spent one day and uncut keys still.

Why would any store cut a key they aren't selling? What if it gets cut wrong?

You will want them to replace a blank they didn't even sell you and make a profit from. Do the right thing and buy the key from someone who will cut it and guarantee the cut rather that buying a cheap knock off on the internet and expecting someone else to take responsibility for the cut.

#1452059

Probably a security key. They won’t touch any numbered key.

I had to replace a security key and tried HD and Lowe’s. They explained there is a liability involved that they don’t wish to be responsible for. So you wasted your time no reason to head to the web and complain. It’s called live and learn.

Not a ripoff. Not a scam. I’m 100% sure that you told corporate that you were trying to copy some form of special key right? That you sent detailed pictures?

No? Then if you didn’t then they are both right. Corporate was assuming you were talking about some kitchy key from Spencer’s. When you get to the store it’s a specialty key and they can’t do it.

You are trying to get around having to spend hundreds of dollars to get a copy of that special key. It didn’t work out the cheaper way that’s all.

Review
#1219054 Review #1219054 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Customer Care