Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Carpet Install

Purchased "in store" carpet and was told that it would be installed in two weeks. Called store and they said that they "changed systems" and waited a month to have it installed. Had call 4 or 5 times before anyone would answer. No one seems to know what to do and who to call. Store lacks staff who know the products or where to find products. It difficult to find any staff and if found may give the wrong information. It is like talking to an employee who just started that day. Store has large turnover and has 15 openings. Store located in North Naples, FL.

also they really dont care.if you have any problem always call the lowes corporate office first then they will call your store then you have a better chance of getting the problem fixed.

FYI, the term "changed systems" is actually code for "our carpet installer company got tired of working for less than 50% of what they would if they didn't work for us and they quit and we haven't found another carpet installer desperate enough to work for us yet."

I'd get a refund and go somewhere else.

View more comments (2)
Review
#1220044 Review #1220044 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Carpet Installation
Problem with delivery
Loss
Preferred solution
Train employees and increase their pay

Lowes in Topeka, Kansas - Can't get carpet installation number from store

I purchased carpeting for LR, Hall, Master Bedroom, Closets, TV Room....big rooms. Put off installation due to having problems getting tile installed first. Now, they will not call me back with the number for installation. I am screaming mad at this point, and they give me a front end manager who is checking people out then cut me off (not because I was mad), just cut me off. Then an assistant manager spends time balling me out instead of getting me the number. Pathetic customer service! Now you want at least 100 words. This is insane! Won't be doing business there again. {{Redacted}}

Sounds like you might be one of those customers that can't speak to a retail employee without exercising your vast vocabulary of four letter words. Treat the salespeople in a civilized manner and you will receive much better service.

Review
#1219357 Review #1219357 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Carpet Installation
Cons
  • Customer service
Loss

Lowes - Very disappointed...pissed

We had laminate installed in our house in 2007. It buckled 5 months later. I went to the store to ask about it being fixed. They said for me to send pictures of the damage. I sent them but never heard back. I went back to the store. This time they had a new flooring manager. This was in 2010. They said they had removed the information on our flooring because it had been to long. But they were willing to work things out and they would get back to me. They never did. So I went back and again they had a new flooring manager who said they could not help me. Really, So we have been dealing with a buckled floor since 2007. Will not even come close to Lowes in the future. I am now working with HD on getting it fixed or replaced. They said that they never would have dropped the ball on this install.

Seems odd that if you had a problem and filed a claim in 2007 or early 2008 that you would wait till 2010 to follow up on its status. You would think you would stay on top of it.

Now 8 years later your are following up on it again?

Surely couldn't have been a very big problem if you let this much time go by. Not saying they shouldn't have gotten back to you but your lack of follow up over 11 years shows you are making a mountain out of a molehill in this complaint.

Review
#1219322 Review #1219322 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Flooring Installation
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Buying a door

2.3
Lowes in Olive Branch MS March 17, 2018 I have been to lowes 4 times to buy a door and there is NO one to help me. They say every body has gone for the day. It was 4:45. I work until 4 and can't get there any sooner. I can go anywhere to buy a door but normally lowes is good except there is not any help there anymore. You can't find anyone to help you. Finally the guy that works in the door department was there on that Thursday the 15th and he told me if I put the door on a lowes credit card that I would get a 15% discount. So I bought one door cash and came back Saturday to get the other door. Got up to the cash register and told them that the guy had said a 15% discount if I put it on a lowes credit card. They would not give me the discount on the card. Even the manager would not. Really is 15% discount such a big ordeal. I bought 2 doors from you and you are to cheap to honor what the guy told me. I don't like Home Depot but I will be shopping there from now own. We were trying to get some fence post Sikra mix and your site said Southaven MS had 14 packs well we got there they could not find them. Really.... So we went to the lowes on Perkins and they were so nice and helpful. They had the product. Glad I am thru shopping a lowes.

Lowe's need to get more help in their department every time customers come to to find what they need I can't find no one to help them especially in electrical and millwork

If the stores in your area are the same as mine, their promotions change on Thursdays. A promotion valid on Wednesday would no longer be valid on Saturday.

Then you ramble on about switching to Home Depot but are right back to being upset with a store in Southaven for being out of stock but really liked the store on Perkins because they were so helpful. You don't make a lot of sense.

Review
#1219272 Review #1219272 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Lowes Credit Card

Lowes - Receiving a rebtate that never comes

1.8
after many calls to the rebate center and tracking down receipts to the various stores from which the applianc after many hours of sending lowes copys of receipts and hours spent on the phone i still have not received my rebate for appliances purchased over the internet on black fri in 2017. i will never again purchase anything from lowes on their web site as it was and is a nightmare.they charged me for two refrigerators.which took months to get removed from my bill.I'm sure that the last person I spoke with will not help me either, so I will will just have to give it up,as dealing with lowes is a losing cause.

6//4/2018 Lowe's' is clearly heading into a new I don't care about the customer attitude. Calling Corporate Customer Care is useless lip service to no service approach.

At this time our Samsung front loader washer is protected under their 5 yr extended warranty. Did I say protected in a few more days it will be 1 month in a broken unable to use state.

The only customer justice is to inform the public and cease to give Lowe's any new business online or in there stores.Good luck with your Lowe's problems as they are all similar in nature. No Customer Service !

“Receipts”(meaning plural)... In order for a rebate to become eligible, All items must be on the same receipt.

Review
#1219263 Review #1219263 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Rebate

Lowes - Can never get items

2.6
I have ordered from Pearland Pkwy Lowes the delivery team pretty much comes on their time or too bad, be it days or in one case months, I canceled. I gave them another chance and ordered for pick up well I can’t even pick up a order that I paid for. I complained to their 800 number he told me that everything was resolved and I would be reimbursed on the truck I rented the next day, expect a call from the manager David. Here we are 4 days later no call from David, no out door furniture. I guess that I can forget the money I used to pay for the truck and I will probably have to rent another when they decide that I can have my furniture. I am no fan of Home Depot but at least I believe that if I pay for a product I will receive it.
Review
#1219174 Review #1219174 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Pick Up Service
Problem with pick up
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in Langhorne, Pennsylvania - Coperate lied

I texted lowes coperate to see if locations would cut a key fob I purchased online through a vendor. After multiple bot responses thenext day I was told all locations could cut the key I purchased else where. I go to my local store employee has no idea tries to get a manager on phone, then goes to physically find a manager. Who then says they can not do it. I tell and show them my correspondance with coperate. She calls someone then again says they wont do it. I leave call complaint line 30 minutes mainly on hold to then get told someone has misinformation and the company will work on it. So hour spent one day and uncut keys still.

Why would any store cut a key they aren't selling? What if it gets cut wrong?

You will want them to replace a blank they didn't even sell you and make a profit from. Do the right thing and buy the key from someone who will cut it and guarantee the cut rather that buying a cheap knock off on the internet and expecting someone else to take responsibility for the cut.

#1452059

Probably a security key. They won’t touch any numbered key.

I had to replace a security key and tried HD and Lowe’s. They explained there is a liability involved that they don’t wish to be responsible for. So you wasted your time no reason to head to the web and complain. It’s called live and learn.

Not a ripoff. Not a scam. I’m 100% sure that you told corporate that you were trying to copy some form of special key right? That you sent detailed pictures?

No? Then if you didn’t then they are both right. Corporate was assuming you were talking about some kitchy key from Spencer’s. When you get to the store it’s a specialty key and they can’t do it.

You are trying to get around having to spend hundreds of dollars to get a copy of that special key. It didn’t work out the cheaper way that’s all.

Review
#1219054 Review #1219054 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Customer Care

Lowes - Is just the worst

1.9
I paid for my washer and dryer on the 13th of march 2018 not only did the change my delivery date with out my knowledge but ever person I talked to found new ways to lie about my products. To the point that I just want my money back and to go some place else . these people are just plain *** I'm suppose to wait 2 1/2 weeks for a washer and dryer that you have in your wharehouse

Absolutely had the same experience. My dryer was supposed to be delivered today.

A Lowe’s person called and asked if I had cancelled the order. I said *** no. I have been waiting all day for it to be delivered. This was the 7th time that the delivery date was changed WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE.

I will never buy anything from Lowe’s again. Their customer service sucks.

@Emily Hall

Same experience here too. Scheduled delivery in the store for between 4-8 pm and the driver calls today a little after 3 and says he’s about 5-10 min out. To make a lob story short, I cancelled my $1800 appliance order and won’t ever shop at Lowes again.

Lowes Delivery Service
Order processing issue

Lowes - Disrespect

2.7
Went to Lowe's to purchase 75 dollars of goods. I handed them My Veterans Service card...I am 70% disabled. I was told that I needed to apply for that, after a bit of discussion, I told the employee that I would pass on what they had...I went directly to Home Depot where I was thanked for my service, Asked if I could use some help out...I will be buying all I need at Home Depot now...As will my 4 sons. I love my country, would do all I need to do to defend it again if I were asked. I am certainly not asking for compensation of any kind. It is entirely obvious as to who and what the directors of Lowe's are. The employee at the register was embarrassed, and said she was sorry and that she was not able to override the policy on her register... It seems Lowe's is in business for the almighty dollar..So sorry that there seems to be no human concern...May you be out of business in the next 5 years.
Bookcrazy

Fighting for our country is commendable. It's nice when a company chooses to reward your service.

Getting mad when you don't get one, just shows me that not all service men or women are honorable folk. You sound like an entitled ***

Any disrespect here is on your part towards Lowes. Lowes offered you a discount which you chose not to take because of the way the operate their discount program.

Then you have the nerve to complain about their being in business to make dollar. Why else are they there? Their goal is to earn a profit. If they have to screen people claiming to be veterans to avoid abuse of their discounts so be it.

Take a look at the other forums out there, including Home Depot. You see far too many vets complaining about not getting discounts rather than thanking the business that offer one.

#1452080

home depot doesn't have a veterans discount at all. How do i know? I read the multiple complaints about it on the Home Depot thread.

#1451975

Another boomer snowflake. Post another meme on Facebook about how the younger generations are the most entitled, k?

Doubt they will be out of business anytime soon. Your are fortunate that they offer you a discount at all.

There are a lot of other equally deserving professions that don't get one. Menards is doing just fine and they don't offer discounts at all.

Well guess what, that’s what you were fighting for. And yes you do expect to be compensated.

Or you wouldn’t ask for a discount.

Then punish them for not giving a discount by influencing your four sons to not shop there. Double standard much?

h.kitchener

You cannot just automatically expect every store to give you a veteran's discount. Some do, some don't.

Lowe's does not. Now that you know Home Depot gives a discount, shop there from now on.

View more comments (6)
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • I liked the employee
Cons
  • I am pissed

Lowes - Pissed off contractor

2.4
I employees went to your store in Rancho Cordova California to return some items that we bought from the pro desk I spent thousands of dollars there I’m a contractor Who deals with your pro desk daily and all three of them back there are excellent employees who care about their customers. The three women at the return desk we’re too worried about their conversation and getting off work they did not want to help me because I didn’t have a receipt in hand yet everybody in there knows me I asked for a manager. manager came over said she would do what she can then went on break left my guys hanging in there we asked for another manager we were told there were none left to help us . We will not be shopping there anymore I will be back Monday morning to deal with Mike at the pro desk from that point on me and my 40+ employees will boycott every Lowe’s we see. your staff is rude on the weekends and did not want to help one bit. And could care less that we were upset and left. They thought it was funny we were getting angry and they would not get us a manager.

Don't know where you are going to shop that will gladly accept returns without your receipt. You have the attitude that their policies don't apply to you because you spend a lot of money there.

Having worked retail for many years I also know that same attitude exists among contractors that feel stores should look the other way if the take a few extra items with their purchases.

They somehow feel the store "owes" them a bonus for making large purchases. Get over yourself and start following the proper return procedures and bring your receipts.

It is funny. It’s obvious you have made many returns without a receipt and it finally caught up with you.

What makes you think that the amount of money you have spent entitles you to go around their return policies? Oh that’s right you’ve spent money.

Um, how about have your receipt the next time?

View more comments (2)