Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes - Can never get items

2.6
I have ordered from Pearland Pkwy Lowes the delivery team pretty much comes on their time or too bad, be it days or in one case months, I canceled. I gave them another chance and ordered for pick up well I can’t even pick up a order that I paid for. I complained to their 800 number he told me that everything was resolved and I would be reimbursed on the truck I rented the next day, expect a call from the manager David. Here we are 4 days later no call from David, no out door furniture. I guess that I can forget the money I used to pay for the truck and I will probably have to rent another when they decide that I can have my furniture. I am no fan of Home Depot but at least I believe that if I pay for a product I will receive it.
Review
#1219174 Review #1219174 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Pick Up Service
Problem with pick up
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in Langhorne, Pennsylvania - Coperate lied

I texted lowes coperate to see if locations would cut a key fob I purchased online through a vendor. After multiple bot responses thenext day I was told all locations could cut the key I purchased else where. I go to my local store employee has no idea tries to get a manager on phone, then goes to physically find a manager. Who then says they can not do it. I tell and show them my correspondance with coperate. She calls someone then again says they wont do it. I leave call complaint line 30 minutes mainly on hold to then get told someone has misinformation and the company will work on it. So hour spent one day and uncut keys still.

Why would any store cut a key they aren't selling? What if it gets cut wrong?

You will want them to replace a blank they didn't even sell you and make a profit from. Do the right thing and buy the key from someone who will cut it and guarantee the cut rather that buying a cheap knock off on the internet and expecting someone else to take responsibility for the cut.

#1452059

Probably a security key. They won’t touch any numbered key.

I had to replace a security key and tried HD and Lowe’s. They explained there is a liability involved that they don’t wish to be responsible for. So you wasted your time no reason to head to the web and complain. It’s called live and learn.

Not a ripoff. Not a scam. I’m 100% sure that you told corporate that you were trying to copy some form of special key right? That you sent detailed pictures?

No? Then if you didn’t then they are both right. Corporate was assuming you were talking about some kitchy key from Spencer’s. When you get to the store it’s a specialty key and they can’t do it.

You are trying to get around having to spend hundreds of dollars to get a copy of that special key. It didn’t work out the cheaper way that’s all.

View more comments (1)
Review
#1219054 Review #1219054 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes - Is just the worst

1.9
I paid for my washer and dryer on the 13th of march 2018 not only did the change my delivery date with out my knowledge but ever person I talked to found new ways to lie about my products. To the point that I just want my money back and to go some place else . these people are just plain *** I'm suppose to wait 2 1/2 weeks for a washer and dryer that you have in your wharehouse

Absolutely had the same experience. My dryer was supposed to be delivered today.

A Lowe’s person called and asked if I had cancelled the order. I said *** no. I have been waiting all day for it to be delivered. This was the 7th time that the delivery date was changed WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE.

I will never buy anything from Lowe’s again. Their customer service sucks.

@Emily Hall

Same experience here too. Scheduled delivery in the store for between 4-8 pm and the driver calls today a little after 3 and says he’s about 5-10 min out. To make a lob story short, I cancelled my $1800 appliance order and won’t ever shop at Lowes again.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Delivery Service
Order processing issue

Lowes - Disrespect

2.7
Went to Lowe's to purchase 75 dollars of goods. I handed them My Veterans Service card...I am 70% disabled. I was told that I needed to apply for that, after a bit of discussion, I told the employee that I would pass on what they had...I went directly to Home Depot where I was thanked for my service, Asked if I could use some help out...I will be buying all I need at Home Depot now...As will my 4 sons. I love my country, would do all I need to do to defend it again if I were asked. I am certainly not asking for compensation of any kind. It is entirely obvious as to who and what the directors of Lowe's are. The employee at the register was embarrassed, and said she was sorry and that she was not able to override the policy on her register... It seems Lowe's is in business for the almighty dollar..So sorry that there seems to be no human concern...May you be out of business in the next 5 years.
Bookcrazy

Fighting for our country is commendable. It's nice when a company chooses to reward your service.

Getting mad when you don't get one, just shows me that not all service men or women are honorable folk. You sound like an entitled ***

Any disrespect here is on your part towards Lowes. Lowes offered you a discount which you chose not to take because of the way the operate their discount program.

Then you have the nerve to complain about their being in business to make dollar. Why else are they there? Their goal is to earn a profit. If they have to screen people claiming to be veterans to avoid abuse of their discounts so be it.

Take a look at the other forums out there, including Home Depot. You see far too many vets complaining about not getting discounts rather than thanking the business that offer one.

#1452080

home depot doesn't have a veterans discount at all. How do i know? I read the multiple complaints about it on the Home Depot thread.

#1451975

Another boomer snowflake. Post another meme on Facebook about how the younger generations are the most entitled, k?

Doubt they will be out of business anytime soon. Your are fortunate that they offer you a discount at all.

There are a lot of other equally deserving professions that don't get one. Menards is doing just fine and they don't offer discounts at all.

Well guess what, that’s what you were fighting for. And yes you do expect to be compensated.

Or you wouldn’t ask for a discount.

Then punish them for not giving a discount by influencing your four sons to not shop there. Double standard much?

h.kitchener

You cannot just automatically expect every store to give you a veteran's discount. Some do, some don't.

Lowe's does not. Now that you know Home Depot gives a discount, shop there from now on.

View more comments (6)
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • I liked the employee
Cons
  • I am pissed
Problems with payment

Lowes - Pissed off contractor

2.4
I employees went to your store in Rancho Cordova California to return some items that we bought from the pro desk I spent thousands of dollars there I’m a contractor Who deals with your pro desk daily and all three of them back there are excellent employees who care about their customers. The three women at the return desk we’re too worried about their conversation and getting off work they did not want to help me because I didn’t have a receipt in hand yet everybody in there knows me I asked for a manager. manager came over said she would do what she can then went on break left my guys hanging in there we asked for another manager we were told there were none left to help us . We will not be shopping there anymore I will be back Monday morning to deal with Mike at the pro desk from that point on me and my 40+ employees will boycott every Lowe’s we see. your staff is rude on the weekends and did not want to help one bit. And could care less that we were upset and left. They thought it was funny we were getting angry and they would not get us a manager.

Don't know where you are going to shop that will gladly accept returns without your receipt. You have the attitude that their policies don't apply to you because you spend a lot of money there.

Having worked retail for many years I also know that same attitude exists among contractors that feel stores should look the other way if the take a few extra items with their purchases.

They somehow feel the store "owes" them a bonus for making large purchases. Get over yourself and start following the proper return procedures and bring your receipts.

It is funny. It’s obvious you have made many returns without a receipt and it finally caught up with you.

What makes you think that the amount of money you have spent entitles you to go around their return policies? Oh that’s right you’ve spent money.

Um, how about have your receipt the next time?

View more comments (2)
Lowes Manager

Lowes - It was only $10

3.5
My wife purchased a water shutoff vavle from the jacksonville arkansas store from approximately the first week of march "3 weeks ago". I could not be there at time of purchase due to fixing my waterlines.But lowes employees insisted that she needed this part but it was not the part I needed. She paid for it with some cash and the rest with debit card.But when she went to return it they gave her what cash she paid and said the balance would be put back within 15 days. Now 3 weeks later I still have no refund. I called store and spoke with manager named chris who said that he would check and call me back but he did not, then I called corporate who said they would check and call back but they did not even ask for my number. I dont understand why they treat customers like this especially over $10. But I have since started shopping at home depot in Cabot Arkansas with nothing but good experiences.I have not given up on Lowes yet but it does not look promising.
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes in Mount Vernon, Washington - Lazy people in garden department

4.1
I bought a pallet of dirt Wanted to tie it down so I bought straps to do so which I can do on my own, THANK GOD!! The straps unfortunately were not threaded and I did not know how, 4 garden people just stood there as I struggled!! When I asked for help they said they didn’t know how, for me to walk around to lumber for help.... what the *** !! Are your people really that untrained?? Ended up going inside to return the product and the young lady in there helped me at returns !! I went out and strapped my load with no problem after that, my point is this is my struggle such a great show that your garden department just stood there unable to assist me !! I was so near tears that I was ready to return all that dirt !! Train your garden department in all aspects of loading including how to work a tie down !! I’m 60, and damn near blind, I was not asking for them to tie down the load I just needed assistance with the threading of the tie down that I had also just bought from you !! Never again will I use Lowe’s in mount Vernon Wa !!

I expect Lowes is no different than the home center i worked for. Employees were not allowed to assist in securing or tying down loads.

It's a liability. If the load came loose, the straps broke or materials somehow flew off your vehicle and damaged another, the store could be sued.

We could help load your merchandise but securing it was your responsibility. That's part of living in a world where everyone is looking to make a buck by suing someone with deep pockets.

LOWES CREDIT CARD

SO I notice there is no balance getting paid down . I have an account but cannot be pulled up online -doesn't even find it. Lowes card is a scam bigtime here why: you use it to get a discount right? So you use it and now you got to pay it off- when you make payments they charge$10!!! to make a payment by phone - so now your screwed with that alone, but wait it gets worse. SO now if you pay it out you will pay more and have no discount and pay more than you bought. SO only way to fix it is to transfer the balance to a credit card you can log into and see and keep up with. Lowes never said anything I only find out now they will not accept credit card payments to STRONG ARM YOU to have all the money in your checking account so now its a hostage situation. They make up whatever stupid policies to block you. SO you are then left with paying it out forever and paying interest on top , as well as the $10 fees every month ontop of that. TOTAL RIPOFF>

Why are you complaining about Lowes? They didn't issue your credit card.

A separate credit company did. If you are like most consumers you didn't even bother scanning all the details on the application for the account you signed. Just mail your payment when you get your bill and you won't have any problems.

If you make only the minimum payment you will be paying forever. If you can't abide by the terms of credit agreements you have no business applying for credit accounts.

Product
Lowes Credit Card
Problems with payment

Lowes in Olive Branch, Mississippi - Horrible Lazy Kid

Went in looking for fence pickets this guy sent me to the garden center. The garden center sent me back to lumber. I seen this guy three time and he was no help. I told him he needed to be more helpful and he started yelling at me and my husband told him he couldn’t talk to me like that. He told my husband it was about to get real and to leave the store. I only started recording at the end of the conversation. Lowe’s is one of my favorite places to shop and I will continue to shop there but something needs to be done about this kid.

If you are talking to some kid (child) rather than an employee what do you expect. If in fact this person was a young adult employee and you treated them like a child why would you expect an adult response. Sounds like you may be an old *** that has a hard time dealing with the younger generation.

Lowes in Christiansburg, Virginia - Incomplete work on kitchen remodel contact

3.0
Lowes - Incomplete work on kitchen remodel contact
Lowes - Incomplete work on kitchen remodel contact
Told to pick up materials to Finish job Lowe’s is done and will not complete . They damaged floors and molding installation incorrect. Lowe’s will not follow manufacturers install directions
Lowes Molding Installation
Pros
  • Kudos to local store for trying
Cons
  • Install
  • Customer service was the worst
  • Managements refusing to contact me
Bad quality