Filter by rating :
filters

Worst delivery ever | Lowes review

3.8
I talked to 3 different people- Lowe's online customer rep twice and their in-store rep about a specific delivery time for my lawn tractor. When the delivery company called to confirm they acknowledged that specific time - no problem. Then the day of delivery the guy calls me in the morning, while I'm at work, and asks if he can deliver now. I say no. He asks if he can drop my $2400 lawn tractor in the driveway and I say no - it has to come when I'm home at the arranged time of 3:30. He says 3:30, got it, ok. At 3:30 I get a call from Lowes asking what day I can arrange delivery because the driver came back at 2:30 and said, "lady no want delivery today". Lowes told me he must not be able to understand English that well and that was the reason for a mix up. I say *** and I ended up having my son use his truck and trailer to pick it up that night. What *** poor service considering I had a freezer delivery from Home Depot last week with THE BEST DELIVERY GUYS EVER. If I need to buy a large anything that needs delivery it won't be from Lowes that's for sure.

Lowe's and Home Depot use the same 3rd party delivery service.

I doubt the truth to your story. Having had many deliveries from a number of different stores including Lowes not a one has set a specific time such as 3:30.

There is usually a time range quoted. I realize there are far too many things that can happen in a day to throw a delivery schedule off and to expect an exact time is unreasonable.

Pam W
@Anonymous

My range time was 3:30 to 5:30. NOT 9:00 am and/or dropped off in my driveway.

AND, when I told him 3:30 was better he said, 'fine, 3:30 ok'.He got back to Lowes at 2:30 and told them he was finished and 'the lady say no delivery today'.

NOT what happened. He just wanted to go home, or where ever, early.

@Pam W

Now your story changes. Your complaint states that you talked to 3 people about a specific time for your delivery and stated it was 3:30.

Now you state that it was a time range. What else are you leaving out. I don't know where you expect them to deliver the tractor to other than your driveway. They sure aren't going to put it in your house and you'd complain if they drove their truck on your yard.

The driveway is the logical place to put it. You can drive it from there and store it wherever you want.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Person i talked to at corporate was professional and helpful
Loss
Preferred solution
Gift card for the price of normal delivery.

Grasscutter delivery | Lowes review from Millsboro, Delaware

5.0
bought a new grass cutter last Tuesday and they would deliver and it suited them if we could get it delivered on Friday so we agreed. called to be del. on Friday between 1-5 oclock . they never showed up after we waited that long for them. called the store they forgot to load it , rescheduled for Monday at 1-3 oclock and they never showed up called the store and they said they had a full load for the day. after 2 missed deliveres and no notice that they were not going to del. they wanted to reschedule for wed. this is ridiculous . will think twice before buying anything off them again.
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Delivery

KITCHEN | Lowes review

VERY BAD INSTALLATION CONTRACTORS DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO INSTALLED EVERYTHING WRONG MEASUREMENTS TAKEN WRONG CABINITS WRONG DOORS WRONG FLOOR DONE WRONG TILE DONE WRONG LIGHTS DONE WRONG APLIANCES WRONG UNDERLAYMENT DONE WRONG WORKMENSHIP VERY BAD LOWES DID NOT CARE OR SHOW CARE COST OF KITCHEN ALMOST 60,000 CANNOT SUE THEM BECAUSE OF CONTRACT BUT I WOULD IF I COULD THIS IS GOING ON FOR ONE AND A HALF YEARS. THEY SAY IN THE CONTRACT THEY ONLY HIRE THE BEST CONTRACTORS THAT IS A LIE THE DESIGNERS ARE A JOKE THEY SAY THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING BUT THEY DO NOT. THEY WANT YOUR MONEY UP FRONT SO THEY CAN SCREW YOU.

Please stop shouting.

Lowes Installation
Work Experience or Job Application
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Billing Error | Lowes review from Zephyrhills, Florida

Lowes refused to refund and rebuild a return item so the just returned the item and charged the new one, never changed The total amount financed on the 3 yr 1.99 added the new item at 6 month same as cash so now I’m paying interest on item I don’t have and a extremely high interest on the new item, when it should have been part of the special deal offered at the time
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Horrible delivery | Lowes review

No one answers customer service phone. On hold over an hour. Delivery scammed my wife took out hoses so now I have to buy new ones at Home Depot never going to Lowe’s again for anything.
Lowes Delivery Service

Terrible Customer Service | Lowes review

Terrible customer service. Problem is systemic. Staff regularly ignore customers.

Wow! You really know how to write a review?

What was your problem? Where was it? You say the problem is systematic.

Have you been in their stores across the nation or are you basing your complaint on one experience at one store? If you really have a complaint, support it with the facts.

Poor customer service

Doubt I'll use Lowe's credit card again! | Lowes review from Bluefield, Virginia

4.7
I applied for a Lowes' Credit Card and was given a 2000 dollar credit limit, which I paid off less than a year. I then received a letter the following month and found that my credit limit was lowered to 100 dollars. I suppose once Synchrony Bank realized they didn't receive enough interest from the duration I had a balance, they lowered my credit limit. At one point in time , a person was praised for their responsibility , not punished for it. America has tragically changed. The letter which provided an explanation for why my credit limit was lower basically said- You maxed out your card too quickly , had it for too short period of time and paid it too soon. So , thank you for the big ***

All the things you describe lower your credit score which is the reason they lowered your limit. You should learn a little about how credit is granted and what you do that affects your credit score.

Product
Lowes Credit Card
Problems with payment

Lowe’s has poor customer Service | Lowes review

I paid Lowe’s $18k to install a Treks Deck. They were very responsive prior to my signing the contract and their clearing my check. The issues be an shortly after. The installer had poor communication and Lowe’s Project Manager and Store were completely clueless in how to respond to me as a customer. I to this day have issues with the deck and have asked them back to resolve. I will give them a few more days before I have my lawyer take charge and hall theor sorry assets to court.

Garden Center | Lowes review from Cape Coral, Florida

3.3
I have gone atleast 8 time in the past two months to get mulch. 40-50 bags each time. The guys that bring the mulch out don’t want to help you load it. You have to ask and quite frankly a couple are lazy & rude. I just left the store, the worker actually thought I was going to load 50 bags. I am a 50 year old woman, 5.4 125 lbs. I had to ask him again. He partiall loaded them. Stacking the bass in the tailgate. I had to climb up on the truck and pull them towards the cab & reaggrange and pull the ones from the tailgate. I had a random stranger, see my struggle and ask if I needed help. Another elderly man, who had trouble waking & breahing was trying to load some bags in his car. A few male cusometers had to help him. Lowe’s, you need to hire some new people & maybe a couple more. If your going to have a mulch sale, be prepared.

If you can't lift it, don't buy it. Stop trying to keep up with the Jonses and their green lawn. Go sit down.

What are you going to do with those bags when you get home? Do you expect them to come with you, unload them and spread them for you?

If you are capable of handling the bags when you get home you should be able to handle them at the store as well.

Better yet, if you need 300-400 bags as you say you have purchased why don't you just have them delivered? The time and work you save would well be worth the delivery fee.

It’s called LIABILITY!!! They are not allowed to load.

You could have ended up costing the ones who helped you thier jobs. While I agree they SHOULD help I also understand the WHY they can’t. It’s actually quite simple and YOU the OP are a prime example. YOU have chosen to complain because they didn’t help yet IF they did and damaged your vehicle what do you suppose your course of action would be??

That’s right, you would sue. Then your lawyer would claim outrageous damages to the ensure a nice fat payday. All the while the ACTUAL damage is literally nothing.

So they fire that employee, pay you off and instituted a new policy of letting YOU load your own purchases. Funny how a business gets accused of being greedy yet it’s the customer who has the worst greed.

You are shopping at a big box store, not a full service store. If you want someone to take the product from the store, to your vehicle and load it go to a full service store or yard.

Yes, you may pay a little more but they have to pay for the staff to provide the full service.

Big box stores are set up for the do it yourself that wants to come in, grab their product and go. They aren't staffed to provide the full service you want.

View more comments (3)

Horrendous Customer Experience | Lowes review from Tampa, Florida

1.7
Horrendous Customer Experience - Lowes review
I went into the store and purchased a washer and dryer (didn't finance, but 100% purchased). They said the earliest they could deliver it would be a week and a half later. A week after the purchase I received a call saying they no longer had that set available for me. I HAVE NO WASHER AND DRYER AND A TON OF DIRTY LAUNDRY! Then, they tried to sell me a very inferior washer and dryer for the SAME AMOUNT so they could get it to my house sooner. I immediately went somewhere else and got the first model I had originally purchased from a competitor retailer. Lowe's didn't own up to the mistake and didn't go out of their way to make a decent resolution for me. Horrific customer service. Mistakes happen, but it's how they're dealt with that shows people the professionalism of a business and its employees. Looks like it's Home Depot for me here on out.
Machele
#1471908

Not sure why you are so distressed. Lowe's found out they could not supply you with the model you wanted and called when they found out.

They offered you a different set which you refused so the sale was cancelled.

It's nice you got the same model from another retailer, so what is the problem here? Sounds like you just want to complain about something.

The reason you had to wait a week and a half is they had to order it from the manufacturer. If the manufacturer had no more available, what did you expect them to do? Either you choose another model from them or do as you did and found someone that still had the models you wanted on hand.

View more comments (1)