Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Company is racist

was never late on my card then my credit score went down do to job. and the bastards closed my acount.

First off, closing an account for a reason is not racism. Saying "we're closing your account because you are a (insert race or religion of your choice) is racism.

Learn the difference and maybe someday someone will believe it when you really are discriminated against. Banks don't close accounts (and again, it was the issuing bank that closed it, NOT Lowe's) without following specific legal regulations.

What an ignorant comment. Lowes didn't close your account.

You don't have an account with Lowes. You have an account with a credit company that issues cards with Lowes name on them that can be used at Lowes.

If you had bothered to read the agreement you have with that company you would know that they can check your ratings from time to time. It isn't their fault that your ratings have dropped enough that they aren't comfortable with extending credit to you any more.

@Anonymous

your credit also gets canceled for NOT using your Lowes Card. I was paying my low balance and not using the card for 2 months(YES TWO MONTHS).

I have a project coming up. But WHATEVER.

I will just use my home depot account.... but the conversation is being pasted everywhere I can think of to put it for people to read that they actually closed for not using for 2 months.......

@shelley

Lowes has nothing to do with your account with an independent credit company other than that the account can be used at their store. Why are you carrying a high interest rate store card anyway>

View more comments (3)
Product
Lowes Account
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes in Federal Way, Washington - Horrible experience with carpet installation.

2.7
In November of 2017, I ordered carpet from Lowes store in Federal Way, Wa. It was installed on January 3, 2018. There were some problems with the installation and the installers broke two lamps during the installation. The lamps were only two months old and were purchased to go along with the remodeling we were doing. I did not notice the problems until after the installers left because I was reinstalling doors that had to be shortened because of the deeper carpet. I called about an hour after the carpet installers left to report the problems with the installation and the broken items. I talked with the manager of the store. He said he could look into it. The next day a lady called and had me send over pictures the carpet and the damaged lamps. That was the last I heard from Lowes. I have tried calling the manager of the store on multiple occasions and left messages and they were not returned. Unfortunately for Lowes, this carpet install was for only one-third of my house. I have finished the remodel of the house and installed another 1400 square foot of carpet that I ordered from Home Depot instead of Lowes because of these problems.
Lowes Carpet Installation
Cons
  • This purchase of carpet was a nightmare from the beginning
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
It would be nice to have the lamps replaced but having the carpet installation problems fixed would be nice. Having the company actually care in the first place would have been preferable.
Tags
  • Installation
  • Carpet

Lowes - DELIVERY DRIVER TAKING PICTURES IN MY HOUSE OF HIS DELIVERY WITHOUT ASKING PERMISSION

5.0
A delivery was made on Sunday March 18, 2018 and upon completion I saw the driver taking pictures so I asked what are you doing? and what is this for? and why?. He mentioned changes were made in his company and he doesn't work for Lowes, he is an independent company and that at all deliveries pictures must be taken. I was not asked permission and I thought this was wrong knowing I am signing for the delivery. I told him I wasn't in agreement. I did not call the store to report it because I am a frequent customer there and would not like to disclose myself but felt Lowes need to be aware of what is going on. This never use to happen before and as the associate said it's something new. Appreciate your time.

I expect the delivery company is just covering their *** They are taking pictures the products were delivered in good condition and that they didn't damage your house. You'd be surprised how may people call after the fact claiming the delivery drivers damage the product or that they damaged something in the house.

Vehicle Driver
Poor customer service

Lowes - Very bad paint advice.

I contracted with a paint contractor to have my kitchen cabinets painted, with all new hardware. I was to buy the materials. So I went to Lowe's and talked to an elderly lady in the painting dept at my Portage Lowes and told her specifically what I wanted to do. She suggested I use Valspar cabinet paint and I could have it in any color. $50/gal. I said okay. She said you will also need Kilz low odor as a primer and these special cabinet rollers. She added you could really do this yourself. I said no because I wanted new hardware and didn't want the job of re-hanging the cabinet doors. She told me the paint was "self-leveling" and she would love to see pictures of before and after. Well we are now 3 weeks in to this disaster. The rollers caused little bubbles. The primer product has no "binding" properties so the paint is not staying on the cabinets. It rubs off at the least little contact. Sanded redone and still is awful. I am out all the money for the paint, and supplies plus the $1,000 for the painting itself. I have never been so disgusted with advice from someone who should know the product. The contractor said "We did the best we could but this is an inferior product and the primer has no binding properties in it. I think Lowes needs to refund my money from the paint and materials. Check my records I have spent thousands of dollars in your store in the last 4 years. YOU LOST A CUSTOMER. and my granddaughter works for Lowes.

Nope. The paint really is that bad.

The primer too. But what did you expect the poor woman to tell you? She gets paid for selling the products she has! She has no say in what products Lowe's sells.

So of course she is going to tell you that Valspar is the best paint! If she didn't she would be fired! This is why it is such a shame that all of the locally owned, independent paint stores are being forced out of business!

They are the only paint stores that can pick and choose the best paints they can find. The only stores that can be honest about the quality they sell and not just sell you what they have.

My guess is there may be more to the story than is being told. It is rare that a real paint contractor would have his customer go out and buy the paint.

They wouldn't want to be accused of poor work because the wrong paint or primer were used. He obviously didn't question your choice before using what you provided. The big question is how he cleaned and prepared the cabinets for painting. It's not uncommon for cooking oils and grease to get in the air when frying and cooking and settle on the cabinets.

If the cabinets weren't thoroughly cleaned before the painting process started it is easy to see why the paint is coming off. I'd question your contractors work before I questioned the paint.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Cabinet Painting
Bad quality

Lowes - Bad installer follow through

Knoxville Tennessee location. They measured twice and was off 50 sq ft then said they would remove flooring gave me a quote and then said they would not. I wasted two months oh sorry installers
Lowes Installation
Bad quality
Why are people allowed to bring pets in the Lowes Store on Sumter sc. I don't want to get bit, accdently step in dog *** or fleas and ticks from someones dog. I guess you forgot about the people that are allergic to pet hair. Who was the bright person made this a rule?

Guess what? You don’t matter to Lowe’s.

And the hundred other people throwing a tantrum over the dog policy don’t matter either. You don’t spend enough money to be worth changing policy over. Don’t like dogs? Stay home.

It’s not your store, in fact, you’re probably the individual who complains about how you’ll never give a company your business again and you show up three days later. My dog at any given time is more behaved than ANY child in the 2-7 age group. You know how many kids throw things off shelves? Or leave trash around?

Or are sneezing, coughing, throwing up, and hen wiping their hands all over the merchandise?

You’re an ignorant human being, concerned with only what benefits you. I’d tell you where to shove that self righteous opinion, but I feel you might enjoy that too much.

View more comments

Lowes - No one is there to help

3.5
This has happened on more than one occation im trying to buy something i like from lowes in salem new hsmpshire store and there's nobody to sell you the item! I don't know how these people makr money they think they are saving money when iy's totaly the opposite

Did you call customer service at Lowes or the company that issued your credit card? If you called Lowes, they have nothing to do with your credit account other than the fact that the card has Lowes on it and it can be used at Lowes. You need to contact the credit company as they set the terms of the account and are the only ones that can correct and error it in fact there was.

Lowes Customer Care

Lowes - Bad customer service

Management at Lowe’s sucks I went to return a item,just to be treated like a criminal instead of a customer, I was told I could not return the item because I didn’t have I D in my presence,for a simple warranty exchange, I had a copy of my drivers license, and was told that it was not good and I had to have my license in person,so I had to drive back across town to get the drivers license and then go back to the store gust for a simple warranty exchange I want you to know that I will never used Lowe’s if it was the only home improvement store in the world.

Ok first of all... you are the dumb *** that didn’t keep your receipt.

Secondly, Lowe’s is set up on an old DOS system... (you know, like f9, f8, tab over etc) the computer WILL NOT let you return anything without a receipt without a drivers liscense. It cannot be overridden by anyone in that store- it is a computer. There is no such thing as a exchange/swap at Lowe’s in the classic sense.

Employees @ the return counter have to return your item.. however you paid for it- or to a merch card if you are buying something else & don’t want to wait for it to go back to your credit card, and then you have to purchase what you want. Be it the same item, a better one... whatever.

The way the computers are set up... for us to be able to defect it out and get credit.. it must be accounted for & that is how it’s done. If you do not have your receipt...

you will ALWAYS be required to show your id,like in the situation I just described, once the clerk gets to the point where the defective item is being returned, and put on a merch card... IT WILL NOT let them go any further until they enter an id. Period. Guess what else?

When they ring up the new one (provided they do that part at the return counter, personally I would send your *** to a register just because you’re an *** You will have to pull your id out yet again so they can type it in once more. This is to ensure the same person who did the return & showed the id is the same person using the card. This is to prevent fraud. 99% of ppl don’t have a problem with it.

The ones who do are usually *** balls up to no good. You know, like shady ppl that carry around a COPY of their drivers license.

I am going to assume that you left out the fact that you didn't have a receipt for the product you were trying to return. Don't quite know where you plan on shopping that you will be treated any different when making a receipt without a receipt.

welcome to lowes or home depot !!

h.kitchener

Who carries a COPY of their driver's license instead of the real thing? Something fishy here.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Already stated above
  • Manager
Loss

Lowes in Dubuque, Iowa - Stay away from Master Forge.

1.4
Looked like a great grille but wad mislead by Lowe employee. It rusted through in just 3 years. Remember looks can be deceiving. Stay away from any Master Forge proucts. Paid 700.00 for this peice of junk.
Product
Master Forge Grill
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes in Alpharetta, Georgia - Buyer Beware

1.8
Terrible customer service! In November I ordered a washer and dryer set that was to be delivered in January. Upon the delivery date, Lowes sent me 3 defected items: a washer, dryer and refrigerator all which had several dents in them. I decided to keep the fridge and send back the washer and dryer because the dents were all over the machines and completely unacceptable. I was told by Lowes that I wouldn't be able to receive a replacement washer and dryer for another 2 months and that they would not be able to service me with a loaner set in the meantime. After A LOT of effort, I got corporate to send me a loaner set while I waited on my replacement washer and dryer set. Today, 2 months later, Lowes sent me ANOTHER washer and dryer set that is defected - full of dents, scratches and marks as if I bought it from a dent and scratch store. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. I have spent good, hard-earned money on my appliances and I have yet to be able to use them. The Lowes department store and the corporate office have been careless and apathetic, at best. As a first time customer, this will definitely be my last time. It's a slap in the face that Lowes finds it acceptable to send defective products to customers. Absolutely ridiculous. You even have to send a special request that you want you appliances still in the box upon delivery. That should be a given! Lowes has definitely ruined my experience with them and I have every intention on spreading the word to other potential appliance purchasers in the market.
Lowes Shipping Service