Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

SsssLowes online orders terrible checkout

1.8
Order closet online. Went to pickup waited 30 minutes and they pull this box that is literally wrapped in in clear packing tape holding everything together. The box was in tatters. So I walk back to shelving and see all the nice boxes neatly stacked (7). I refuse the mangled box and wait another 30 minutes as they so carelessly pull another kit...it weighs close to 200 lbs. Needless to say, box is dropped at my feet sign here and if u need help loading wait here. So again, after 20 minutes I have had enough, a nice gentleman in parking spot next to me helped lift it into my truck. Strike 1 against Ssslowes. Kit unpacked and of course u need more pieces not carried at SsssLowes so u must order online. I promtely order and am told 6 weeks delivery. Fast forward 8 weeks I get an email that my parts have arrived! So I jump in my car and make the 45 minute commute to Lowe's. Again, 30 minutes in line. Tell customer Nazi clerk here for my order. She types away with phone number, snarled what's your last name, types away some more then big sigh of disgust..." Is this an online Order!" Well, yes it was. YOU HAVE AN ORDER NUMBER? well yes I do...it is 123456...she walks away for 10 minutes only to come back and tell me...your order is not here. I am in shock...I have an email claiming it was delivered and come pickup...I just drove 45 minutes and now spent 45 more being treated like I dumped over the nail bin to be told ...thanks for visiting. I promptly call SsssLowes National customer service using choice 4 letter words for this waste of my time. She ask if I want manager to call me.I say sure. Then ask if I want to take survey of her service. Sure. Like SssLOWES cares, she transfers me to a line that says...sorry we are no longer accepting feedback...lol. To date I have never heard from the Store Manager and my shelving pieces....MIA. This is only 1 of a dozen terrible experiences I have had with SsssLowes. PLEASE TAKE NOTE AND AVOID THIS BIG BOX STORE...THE WORST!

Lowes and any other store where this person shops will be better off without them. They can't understand they are dealing with human beings and won't allow for the fact that other humans aren't as perfect as they seem to think they are.

Humans make mistakes. Humans will also react to the way they are treated.

If treated poorly they will give poor service in return. If this person treated retail employees with dignity they would find they would see the service they received improve greatly.

Take your lazy *** into the store and pick the *** off the shelf for yourself. Stop with the internet order nonsense.

And the mouth breather that you are OP allows those that read what you post to see you for what you are. I can see why you assume so much.

You are self entitled. It’s obvious that you have never worked much with people. Even you admit that you had the foul mouth and the foul mood to match. You were upset that you had to wait.

Because you had to wait you then turned your mouth and your attitude on the first person you could lash out at. In doing as you did you showed everyone around you see what kind of person you are. We both know and all the people who read this post know that you wouldn’t have shut your trap if asked. You had worked yourself up due to placing a value on your time that was greater then anyone else’s.

Sorry but the customer is not always right. I’m betting you didn’t even give the CS rep a chance to solve your problem before you “ went off”. I’m betting that the moment they came back and said they couldn’t find it you lost it. The manager can admit the flaw in the system and do cartwheels in fro t of you yet at that point you had chosen to completely show your {{Redacted}}.

That is what the real issue is. You chose to speak to another human being as if they were less then you and in each of your interactions you were demeaning and hurtful. At what point were you the customer right? You assume that being a customer means the employees have {{Redacted}} Just because they are there to serve does not make them your slaves.

You have forgotten yourself good sir as you were raised better then that and you know it. You expect everyone to condemn Lowe’s yet fail to actually apologize to those that you have wronged. How can you expect any sympathy for your situation when you caused it? People can take only so much I agree but having to wait is just having to wait.

Your reaction to the entire situation was overblown. I share the sentiments of many posters here. I see you as just another self entitled, self important {{Redacted}} who felt the need to be a bully. You create most of your own problems and your attitude is something to work on.

It clearly shows. Even in what you write.

@Common sense

Well thank you for your insults and gross assumptions. Couldn't have made yourself look more like an {{Redacted}} Let's get a few facts straight you trolling fool.

1st I never "went off" on anyone in the presence of others. I CALLED THE 1800 COMPLAINT LINE In THE PRIVACY OF MY CAR. Yes. I dialed the number In Front of the 1st customer service rep who wouldn't help me.2nd no 4 letter words were used at the Store.3rd you don't know me or what I did or would do.

But your sophomoric basement dweller little person that you are make more assumption that are not true.4th You must be a snowflake as time and waiting means nothing to you.

Although many of us work by the hour unlike the welfare leach you.5th it is obvious from your replies that you have nothing to ad but troll fadder and insults. Move along, your mother needs her basement back.6th I am better than You, and what hurts you most is you know it....sorry, life's not fair but if you get a job you might be able to enjoy some fresh air.

If you were working at the call center for national customer service how like are you to want to help some jerk on the end of the line hurling a bunch of "choice 4 letter words" at you? Yes, your situation is frustrating but you will find people are much more willing to help you if you present your problem in a calm logical manner.

Reminds me of the time as a retail manager I was called to the service desk at the front of the store and was greeted by someone like you showing off his great vocabulary of 4 letter words. In line behind him was one of our cities off duty police officers who motioned to me that he would like to talk to the customer in front of me. I agreed. He tapped the guy on the shoulder and asked him to stop using the language he was using and was greeted with another blast of 4 letter words.

At this point the officer pulled out his badge and let him know that if he continued he would be arrested. It shut him up pretty quick.

There was a discussion about whether he would use this language in front of his children or mother and the customer agreed that he wouldn't. So why do people think it's ok to use profane language when dealing with people that are there to help them?

@Anonymous

Right you are....to date Lowe's has yet to deliver my product and I will continue bashing and Anti Lowe's to all my contacts. As a customer service professional you should know the customer is always right and those that are highly unsatisfied will ensure 10X the energy will be expanded to share the experience.

Still no right for harsh words. That's the nature of the job I suppose. However, you also should understand your company pays you to turn the situation around. After all, it is why they hired you.

Unfortunately, your company failed the customer and tempers are high as the customer did not just not get what they wanted they wasted many frustrating hours and have been insulted by your company and employees.

So maybe you grin bare it and do your job. In the end we all are people and the language should be tamer.

@Gerald Irmen

First of all, I never worked a Lowes, but retail is retail. At some point people came up with the idea that "the customer is alway right".

There are time they are right and times they are dead wrong. They way you treated the call center employee was dead wrong. Yes, you had a valid complaint, but using foul language was no way to approach it like a logical adult. Where I worked computer generated notifications were sent to customers as soon as the bill of lading for a shipment was entered in the computer.

Just because an order is listed on the bill of lading didn't mean it was actually on the truck. This created the exact situation you encountered from time to time. There wasn't a darn thing the employees at the store could do to make the product magically appear. All we could do is either find where the product was (still at the distribution center, on another truck or at another store) or re-order it.

Listening to a string of four letter words never solved a problem and rarely earned the offensive customer the sympathy that a rational customer got. If you want a retail employee to respect you and do their best to solve your problem you need to treat them with respect and not belittle them with your vulgar language and treating them like you are better than they are.

@Anonymous

Wow...you really assume a lot. 1st off the product in question was delivered to the Store.

Your knowledge of the situation is far from accurate. I received notice from SsssLowes it was delivered and told to come pick it up. 2nd off, maybe that respect thing you are preaching needs to be taught to all Sslowes employees...especially customer service. After I posted this SsssLowes local management finally called me 48 hrs later....guess what?

SsssLowes screwed up! Surprised? No. My product order was delivered, I did get the proper notice, but receiving did not do their job and customer service.

So when I went to get my product, instead of investigating why I received a notice but product not on hand ....the highly respectable customer service agent says nope product not here! Well, now that starts the chain of events.As I said before, this is not my 1st issue with SsssLowes...I have many. But it will be my last. The manager has overnight shipped the product to me....rightfully so, as my job was put behind schedule and many hours wasted.

Yes my language included 4 letter words and I am sorry. However, not once did the respectable customer service rep ask me not to use such language ...simple ask/ request a true professional would have or could have done if my language was too offensive for tender ears. The bottom line - Ssslowes is mismanaged and a poor choice for hardware supplies...my personal experience which I would have kept to myself, but now I will tell everyone how bad they are because a respectable customer service rep wouldn't or couldn't do their job. SSSLOWE posts signs all over asking for feedback and after a dozen disappoints I broke and called....most of these calls are to complain not to praise...I let loose a bit...so sorry, but as usual with Ssslowes I was right and they were wrong again.

The only saving grace for Ssslowes is their honest Manager who investigated and admitted to their mistake. Hopefully, he will address the Customer Service Issue, Slow Check out process and professional training for hostile 4 letter spewing customers that have been wronged by the Ssslowes mismanagement.

View more comments (7)
Lowes Shipping Service

Lowes in Mckinney, Texas - My credit card

They are deceiving me They said if you pay within the promotion period no interest After one year I paid on time I found out they changed me $240 interest I called the customer service and they said there is mistake happen and we will not able to resolve
Product
Lowes Credit Card
Problems with payment

Lowes - Ripped off

I ordered fencing and installation from Lowes, I met them the morning of the installation to make sure they knew where I wanted the fence installed. I had ordered a black chain link fence to match the two sides pre-existing. When they got there they had silver fencing so I told them I had paid for black fencing and that is what I wanted. When they completed the job they called and when I arrived they were getting ready to leave. They had SPRAYPAINTED the fence gate and it was still sticky when I arrived. I ordered the fence to keep my dogs in. When I arrived as they were leaving my ground had a gradual slope and under one side of the gate it was almost a foot off the ground! They gave me all kinds of solutions and left, leaving me paying for something that was essentially worthless as the dogs could easily get under it (and I have big dogs). I have tried everything and nothing works. If they had told me that morning I would have told them to come back and I would personally have made sure the ground was level. I will NEVER use them again for anything that needs installation. On a previous order I needed a new front and back door. I told the man at the door installation that I wanted a wood front door and he said I didn't and wouldn't even let me look at wooden doors. I told him I had a wood door in a previous home and didn't mind keeping it up. Since he wouldn't even let me look at the wooden doors I agreed to look at metal doors. I made a decision and the doors were installed and I was going to paint them. I painted the front door and about a week later saw that the paint around the windows was peeling (it was PLASTIC!!!!!) I went back to Lowes and talked to the paint dept. and was told they didn't know why they made doors with plastic around the windows as the paint never sticks. AGAIN RIP OFF!!!! I have new doors with the pain peeling around the windows. One good note, I had them install new toilets and the installation was great. Never know what you're going to get with them but in the future I'll go to a door company (like I did in past) and order the door I want! and I'll go to a professional fence company to buy and install fences. I can't believe the man that came to measure my fence didn't notice the slope in the ground and discuss it with me.
Lowes Fence Installation
Bad quality
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes - Carpet Not In Since January 2018. It's March 2018.

Update by user Apr 15, 2018

While the carpet has been installed, there is still some variation in the carpet between rooms. However, each room is cohesive.

I would have preferred to have all the carpet match without variation throughout the house, but at least, there isn't any variation in each room. Updated April 15, 2018.

Original review posted by user Mar 16, 2018

I purchased carpet at Lowe's January 6, 2018, for the living room, dining room, stairs, hallway and three bedrooms. The day before the install for President's Day in February of 2018, I was notified by the installation company there was not enough carpet to complete the master bedroom from the mill. I agreed to at least start on the installation on President's Day, February 19, 2018. Today, on March 16, 2018, the last piece of carpet was put down and the installer notified me the piece of carpet had a variation and did not match. I immediately called Lowe's and we agreed to re-order the complete job to avoid another mess, rip up the previous work and start from scratch. Thanks, Lowe's! Hopefully, this whole carpet installation will be done correctly the third time!

Lowes Carpet Installation
Bad quality

Lowes - Worst experience I can recall in years...

3.2
On the afternoon of March 14, 2018, my wife, a male friend, and myself entered into the Lowes lumber department. We had multiple thing to purchase so we started with the heaviest items first. Upon finding the 10 6*6*16 foot lumber we needed, I went to track down help to unload them on to our cart. there wasn't a single associate in the immediate area. Finally, I found someone in the tile department to call some one on the phone to assist me. 5 minutes past, no one showed up. I happened to notice three guys working outside with a forklift. Chris,fork lift driver, Ted, and Eddie. My wife approached them and ask for help. At that time, one of the men closed the main entry gate to the storage area, I guess per policy. At this time, Chris brought the forklift in and Ted assisted him with pulling these large pieces of lumber out to I thought help load them on to our cart. No! Chris turned the fork lift off and sat there. Ted stood back beside my 57 year old wife with his arm folded. Eddie stood back by the plastic door flaps and peeking in at us. Therefore, my self, 56 years old, and my friend begin off loading this very heavy material. About, the 6th piece of lumber, It was obviously I was starting to struggle. My wife said " Wyatt is your back ok? That when Ted decided to I guess help out. Eddie then approached and gave Chris some kind of instructions. Eddie then walked back outside and stood by the large door flaps just watching us. After, the large lumber was loaded, not one associate offered to help unload the material on to my trailer outside. Not one associate offered asked if any more assistance was needed. They simply walk away quite briskly. Now, at this time I'm pretty upset. I went up front to the Customer service desk and spoke to The store manager at the time, Jake Schilling. by the expression on his face, you could tell he was upset by what I was conveying to him. He got on the phone immediately and called the lumber yard. he said " WE DON'T LET CUSTOMERS LOAD MATERIAL AND STAND BY AND WATCH". I returned to continue loading the rest of my supplies. Not one associate showed up to help. My wife then approached Jake again at customer service. Jake immediately noticed my wife's arm was bleeding. She injured herself loading 1*6*12 ft boards. Jake took her into the restroom and administered first aid. Jeremy E Pierce, Backend Support Manager, is a long time personal friend of mine. I called him at home and advised him of the situation. He was livid. Let me end by saying this. I've shopped at Lowes from the day the store opened in Alachua Fl. I've spent thousands of dollars over the years there. Now, that's not pie in the sky dollar amounts, that's real dollar numbers! Check my account to verify. I know Lowes doesn't condone this behavior or business practices like these. I've had to many wonderful experiences here with great associate over the years. Jermery E. Pierce and Jake Schilling are fine examples of how managers should respond and react to customer issues. They both did a wonderful jobs helping solve my issues and got my lumber and supplies delivered to my house promptly. They both should be recognized and rewarded for their professional and outstanding customer service skills. These two mens is why I will continue to shop at lowes for all my home needs. Please recognize them for their wonderful service and pride they take in doing their jobs. Sincerely, Wyatt Carter III U.S.M.C.

Yes, they could have been more helpful but keep in mind you are shopping at a big box discount yard, not a full service lumberyard. Also, if you can't shift the lumber onto a cart, how are you going to handle it to complete your project once you have it at home?

@Anonymous

I would reply to your comments, but what's the point.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Lumber Department

Lowes in Tomball, Texas - Not delivered as promised

Lowes delivery service has had me stuck at home all day for three days waiting for a delivery that still has not arrived. I bought a John Deere lawnmower on Monday and was told it would be delivered on Wednesday. I was also told I would receive a phone call on Tuesday with a 2 hour delivery window. I did get an automated call Tuesday night about 8 p.m. and was told it would be delivered sometime tomorrow (Wednesday) but not given the 2 hour delivery window as promised. I waited at home all day Wednesday for the delivery, which never came. I phoned the delivery service, and after being on hold for 35 minutes, was told that they had over booked today and my delivery was rescheduled for day after tomorrow (Friday). I was not happy to have to wait 2 more days, but I accepted it and made plans to go out and get some errands done the next day (Thursday), and stay at home Friday waiting for delivery. Thursday morning at around 7:15 a.m. I got a call from the delivery service and was told that they were getting an extra truck, and going ahead with the deliveries they had missed yesterday, and my "mower would be delivered today" (Thursday). So, I canceled my plans to do errands today and waited at home all day for the delivery, WHICH DID'NT COME!! Now it's been re-scheduled for Friday (again) and so, for the third day in a row I'll be stuck at home waiting for a delivery that may or may not come. Tomorrow will be strike 3 for Lowes delivery, after which I will cancel my order and buy it at Home Depot (same price).

Sounds like the garbage I'm going through right now. 10 - 12 delivery no show. I call at 1:45 am told it is being loaded be there in a hour, I call at 3:45 am told it is just going out, 8:00 I am still waiting.

Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Not delivered as promised
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • Delivery Agreement

Lowes in Brick Township, New Jersey - Appliances Nightmare

2.5
I took advantage of the Presidents Day sale for new Fridgidaire appliances. I have Frigidaire Gallery Series appliances and for the last 13 years have never experienced a problem, I just thought it was time to upgrade and the sale price was right. I purchased a Range, Over the range Microwave and a Dishwasher, all top of the line Stainless appliances. My order was placed on Feb 28th, the last day of the sale and I saved $650. Delivery was scheduled for March 10th. On Friday the 9th I called Lowes customer service and was told the order was ready to ship and I would recieve a call that night to schedue a time for delivery on Sat. the 10th. I did receive a call stating my delivery was scheduled for Sat. between 9 and 11. I had a local handyman come over and together we took out the old appliances and prepared for the new. Well, the next morning on the day of delivery, I get a call at 7am from the local Lowes that they dont have my Range and that it wouldnt be here for 7 to 10 days! Then he tries to sell me the floor model which I didnt want, I payed for a new range and thats what I wanted. After a few choice words, I cancelled my whole order, got an immediate refund and luckily was able to reinstall my old, reliable appliances! Thank God I didnt put them to the curb as im sure some scrap metal guy would have taken them! Anyway, a call to the LAME *** customer service number got me a "we are sorry" and a promise of a follow up call from the manager of the local store. No call so far!

I work in lowes delivery an we don’t schedule 7 to 11 at my store and all stores if you look on your paperwork it will say something like 8 AM till 9 PM at my store we call customers day before and I’m day of delivery we call customers let him know we are in route 30 minutes sometimes an hour ahead of time so customer can be ready if customer needs a certain time we do our best to for fill that need

Loss
Preferred solution
Somehow make good on the $400 I had to pay for taking my appliances out then having to reinstall them

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Lowe's in DC stinks!

1.8
DC Lowe’s STINKS! Don’t shop at this store, they don’t have anything in stock, have no clue to what they are doing and won’t even bother to answer the phone. We purchased 3 Kohler toilets, 2 Kohler pedestal sinks and a 60” vanity. Our bill came to over $1700. The person helping us told us that we could save 5% if we used our Lowe’s card and that they would pay our Lowe’s card with our debit card and then put on the new charges on the paid Lowe’s card. Big mistake. We made a $1600 payment and then got declined. Oops, it takes several days for a payment to post. The manager got involved and agreed to order the vanity and said they would call Monday morning to redo the payment – the remaining items were to be picked up by our contractor Monday morning. You guessed right, no call Monday morning. I call and call and finally get ahold of customer service. The payment still has not posted. Tuesday morning we get a call telling us our delivery from Lowe’s is at our house. We are in an apartment while we are renovating and had to drive ½ hour to get to the house. Imagine our surprise when there was one toilet being delivered. Especially, when we did not ask for delivery, but were going to pick it up. I called and found out the other toilets are out of stock. These are the toilets we purchased. The pedestal sinks are still at the store – I guess they only deliver one toilet at a time. This time, I can’t get thru to customer service. I call 17 times in a row, it just rang and rang until the phone disconnected. Finally, I get a call back, but I am in a meeting and don’t answer. A long message is left with a phone number to call and an extension. Guess what – number was to customer service and they don’t answer the phones! Nor does their system give the option to enter an extension. I get another message on Wednesday evening – again, no answer at customer service. I call Thursday morning and after asking a variety of departments to transfer me to customer service, they answer the phone. I am told that they don’t have the toilets I bought, but they will substitute another toilet. They offer me an American Standard. When I explain how the toilet and pedestal sinks match I get silence and then well, we are offering you an American Standard. After I get mad, I am told that the toilets came in and they do have them. Joy. Now I have to wait until Friday morning for them to be delivered. Do I have faith that they will be delivered by 10:00 a.m. Friday morning as promised? NO. Did Lowe’s charge me a delivery fee when we requested to pick up the items? YES. Does Lowe’s care? NO. We are supposed to be moving into our house on Friday – movers are already scheduled. We have no sinks or toilets and now have to stop moving so we can install these items. I am furious with Lowe’s and will not shop there again. FYI – I bought a lot of items from Home Depot. No problems, our contractor picked them up and they were ready as promised. Guess where I’ll be shopping from now on.

I heard they are no longer sponsoring a 7 time cup champion. Mr.

Jimmy Johnson. What the Heel are they thinking. Bad move on their part. Just my opinion.

But do what you gotta do. and so shall I. See ya Lowe's.

Promote that guy. Stupid!

@david

Please make relevant comments only

@david

Nobody cares about that inbred hillybilly pastime. Lowe's sucks for reasons far more pertinent.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Lost Time

Just Say No To Lowes

We have purchased 4 major appliances since Dec 2017. NOT ONE ever got delivered. They give a date and don’t show. Go back to store, get new date and still no show. In stock so we’ve had to pickup each one. Just spent 60 minutes trying to track down the latest $2500 purchase that said it arrived at the store. No luck....guess what, I’m out shopping elsewhere. I will never buy appliances there again.

Lowes - Cashier Problems

I have just stood in LOWES for almost 30 minutes .....there were 4 employees there to wait on 2 people when I got there 3pf the 4 walked off leaving one cashier who was unable to process my payment I had to ask for the head cashier to come from another part of the store to process my payment while numerous people were waiting just as I did NOT A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE AT ALL
Lowes Cashier