Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes review: Very bad paint advice.

I contracted with a paint contractor to have my kitchen cabinets painted, with all new hardware. I was to buy the materials. So I went to Lowe's and talked to an elderly lady in the painting dept at my Portage Lowes and told her specifically what I wanted to do. She suggested I use Valspar cabinet paint and I could have it in any color. $50/gal. I said okay. She said you will also need Kilz low odor as a primer and these special cabinet rollers. She added you could really do this yourself. I said no because I wanted new hardware and didn't want the job of re-hanging the cabinet doors. She told me the paint was "self-leveling" and she would love to see pictures of before and after. Well we are now 3 weeks in to this disaster. The rollers caused little bubbles. The primer product has no "binding" properties so the paint is not staying on the cabinets. It rubs off at the least little contact. Sanded redone and still is awful. I am out all the money for the paint, and supplies plus the $1,000 for the painting itself. I have never been so disgusted with advice from someone who should know the product. The contractor said "We did the best we could but this is an inferior product and the primer has no binding properties in it. I think Lowes needs to refund my money from the paint and materials. Check my records I have spent thousands of dollars in your store in the last 4 years. YOU LOST A CUSTOMER. and my granddaughter works for Lowes.

Nope. The paint really is that bad.

The primer too. But what did you expect the poor woman to tell you? She gets paid for selling the products she has! She has no say in what products Lowe's sells.

So of course she is going to tell you that Valspar is the best paint! If she didn't she would be fired! This is why it is such a shame that all of the locally owned, independent paint stores are being forced out of business!

They are the only paint stores that can pick and choose the best paints they can find. The only stores that can be honest about the quality they sell and not just sell you what they have.

My guess is there may be more to the story than is being told. It is rare that a real paint contractor would have his customer go out and buy the paint.

They wouldn't want to be accused of poor work because the wrong paint or primer were used. He obviously didn't question your choice before using what you provided. The big question is how he cleaned and prepared the cabinets for painting. It's not uncommon for cooking oils and grease to get in the air when frying and cooking and settle on the cabinets.

If the cabinets weren't thoroughly cleaned before the painting process started it is easy to see why the paint is coming off. I'd question your contractors work before I questioned the paint.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Cabinet Painting
Bad quality

Lowes review: Bad installer follow through

Knoxville Tennessee location. They measured twice and was off 50 sq ft then said they would remove flooring gave me a quote and then said they would not. I wasted two months oh sorry installers
Lowes Installation
Bad quality
Why are people allowed to bring pets in the Lowes Store on Sumter sc. I don't want to get bit, accdently step in dog *** or fleas and ticks from someones dog. I guess you forgot about the people that are allergic to pet hair. Who was the bright person made this a rule?

Guess what? You don’t matter to Lowe’s.

And the hundred other people throwing a tantrum over the dog policy don’t matter either. You don’t spend enough money to be worth changing policy over. Don’t like dogs? Stay home.

It’s not your store, in fact, you’re probably the individual who complains about how you’ll never give a company your business again and you show up three days later. My dog at any given time is more behaved than ANY child in the 2-7 age group. You know how many kids throw things off shelves? Or leave trash around?

Or are sneezing, coughing, throwing up, and hen wiping their hands all over the merchandise?

You’re an ignorant human being, concerned with only what benefits you. I’d tell you where to shove that self righteous opinion, but I feel you might enjoy that too much.

View more comments
Review

Lowes review: No one is there to help

3.5
This has happened on more than one occation im trying to buy something i like from lowes in salem new hsmpshire store and there's nobody to sell you the item! I don't know how these people makr money they think they are saving money when iy's totaly the opposite

Did you call customer service at Lowes or the company that issued your credit card? If you called Lowes, they have nothing to do with your credit account other than the fact that the card has Lowes on it and it can be used at Lowes. You need to contact the credit company as they set the terms of the account and are the only ones that can correct and error it in fact there was.

Lowes review: Bad customer service

Management at Lowe’s sucks I went to return a item,just to be treated like a criminal instead of a customer, I was told I could not return the item because I didn’t have I D in my presence,for a simple warranty exchange, I had a copy of my drivers license, and was told that it was not good and I had to have my license in person,so I had to drive back across town to get the drivers license and then go back to the store gust for a simple warranty exchange I want you to know that I will never used Lowe’s if it was the only home improvement store in the world.

Ok first of all... you are the dumb *** that didn’t keep your receipt.

Secondly, Lowe’s is set up on an old DOS system... (you know, like f9, f8, tab over etc) the computer WILL NOT let you return anything without a receipt without a drivers liscense. It cannot be overridden by anyone in that store- it is a computer. There is no such thing as a exchange/swap at Lowe’s in the classic sense.

Employees @ the return counter have to return your item.. however you paid for it- or to a merch card if you are buying something else & don’t want to wait for it to go back to your credit card, and then you have to purchase what you want. Be it the same item, a better one... whatever.

The way the computers are set up... for us to be able to defect it out and get credit.. it must be accounted for & that is how it’s done. If you do not have your receipt...

you will ALWAYS be required to show your id,like in the situation I just described, once the clerk gets to the point where the defective item is being returned, and put on a merch card... IT WILL NOT let them go any further until they enter an id. Period. Guess what else?

When they ring up the new one (provided they do that part at the return counter, personally I would send your *** to a register just because you’re an *** You will have to pull your id out yet again so they can type it in once more. This is to ensure the same person who did the return & showed the id is the same person using the card. This is to prevent fraud. 99% of ppl don’t have a problem with it.

The ones who do are usually *** balls up to no good. You know, like shady ppl that carry around a COPY of their drivers license.

I am going to assume that you left out the fact that you didn't have a receipt for the product you were trying to return. Don't quite know where you plan on shopping that you will be treated any different when making a receipt without a receipt.

welcome to lowes or home depot !!

Machele

Who carries a COPY of their driver's license instead of the real thing? Something fishy here.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Already stated above
  • Manager
Loss

Lowes review in Dubuque, Iowa: Stay away from Master Forge.

1.4
Looked like a great grille but wad mislead by Lowe employee. It rusted through in just 3 years. Remember looks can be deceiving. Stay away from any Master Forge proucts. Paid 700.00 for this peice of junk.
Product
Master Forge Grill
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes review in Alpharetta, Georgia: Buyer Beware

1.8
Terrible customer service! In November I ordered a washer and dryer set that was to be delivered in January. Upon the delivery date, Lowes sent me 3 defected items: a washer, dryer and refrigerator all which had several dents in them. I decided to keep the fridge and send back the washer and dryer because the dents were all over the machines and completely unacceptable. I was told by Lowes that I wouldn't be able to receive a replacement washer and dryer for another 2 months and that they would not be able to service me with a loaner set in the meantime. After A LOT of effort, I got corporate to send me a loaner set while I waited on my replacement washer and dryer set. Today, 2 months later, Lowes sent me ANOTHER washer and dryer set that is defected - full of dents, scratches and marks as if I bought it from a dent and scratch store. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. I have spent good, hard-earned money on my appliances and I have yet to be able to use them. The Lowes department store and the corporate office have been careless and apathetic, at best. As a first time customer, this will definitely be my last time. It's a slap in the face that Lowes finds it acceptable to send defective products to customers. Absolutely ridiculous. You even have to send a special request that you want you appliances still in the box upon delivery. That should be a given! Lowes has definitely ruined my experience with them and I have every intention on spreading the word to other potential appliance purchasers in the market.
Lowes Shipping Service
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Lowes review: *** poor treatment for veterans

have to sign up with Lowes with all their *** emails, phone number etc. to get a whopping 10% veterans discount. Can't just show my va disability card with my picture and disability rating like I can at Home Depot. Home Depot is head and shoulders above this *** business in customer service, pricing and knowledge of products. gody bye to lowes. Never been treated so *** as they did telling me I had to verify through some *** website, my military service. {{Redacted}}!!!!!!!!! I HAVE A DISABILITY CARD FROM THE VA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST ADDING WORDS OF HOW PISSED I AM TO MEET THIS WEBSITES REQUIREMENT OF AT LEAST 100 WORDS. ANOTHER NONSENSE WAY TO DO THINGS.

How the *** did you survive the military being such a little whiny pos? Waaaah I get a discount but I have to do the smallest thing to get it waaaaah why do I have to do anything?? Grow the *** up.

Just another old vet who whines. I mean at what point did the military say you were owed anything?

When in basic training did they ever tell you that once your out you’re supposed to act like self entitled dill holes? Great!! At some point in your life you performed a dangerous job. So what!!

The police perform their dangerous job everyday. You don’t see ex cops on site like this whining about a discount. Here’s a better example. Linemen who provide you the electricity you are using get no discount and if they make a mistake it can be their last.

Far more dangerous of a job and far more deserving then you. But do we see them on this site whining about a discount. See you are far to full of yourself. Far too self righteous and self entitled.

You shame yourself sir!! You shame every upstanding vet integrates back into society. People like you are truly sickening as your military service was literally the only good thing you ever did with your life. And because you think you’re so special the world needs to bend to your desires.

The great thing about snowflakes is they are very fragile. Good day sir while your service is appreciated your attitude is not.

@Durpa

This is somewhat Ironic - you credit his service but dismiss it in the same breath. It's apparent you've never served, especially when overstating the occupational hazards of a lineman or a police officer - give me a break.

Have you ever consider how this might put older vets at a disadvantage? Nah, you lack perspective just as the man you criticize.While this individual might not of handled it in best manner, the bottom line is that Lowe's is forcing him to provide them PII, which is then provide to a third party, who is suppose to "verify" his service. Without going into the specifics, it is NOT a good idea to provide Lowe's or any other entity with PII (personal identifiable information).

Lowe's databases are a soft target for adversaries, and could inadvertently put veterans and their information at risk. The risk isn't work the 10%, and if Lowe's really valued veterans, they would align with Home Depot's approach, and not force them to choose.

How did they treat you poorly? They offer a discount to veterans (which they don't have to do) and you trash them because you don't like the process they use to verify you are actually a vet and not someone trying to scam them. Sounds more like you are the one treating them poorly to me.

You deserve nothing. You made a choice and you were paid for it. Stop begging for handouts, snowflake.

Yet another vet crying about a discount. You obviously haven't looked at the complaints from vets about Home Depot or Menards.

There is absolutely nothing that requires any store to give you a discount. When they do offer a discount you should appreciate it and comply with their requirements for receiving the discount.

There are plenty of other people just as deserving of a discount that aren't offered one. It's obvious that you don't think 10% is much of a discount so why are you making such a big deal of it anyway?

View more comments (5)

Lowes review in Mount Dora, Florida: Advertising items that they don't have

3.9
Hi Folks: I am a loyal customer to Lowe's but have a real problem that needs a solution. I have been to their stores in Central Florida each day for the past three days trying to buy an advertised item, the Preen Red Mulch advertises at 4 bags for $10. Their stores are out of stock and, ridiculously, don't offer Rain Checks???? On top of that the only solution offered to me was to pay for the 20-24 bags I need now and wait for the item to come back in stock. Again, you advertise an item, you don't have any stock, you tell customers to come back the next day hoping to find this item, and after three days, you tell me I can't have a rain check and I MUST pay for your mistakes now to be able to take advantage of the sale price? Who is writing the policies that go so far to *** off customers?

Same problem in Ann Arbor, MI. Sale price mulch color I needed out of stock - needed some to finish job.

Went to Menards and the exact same color on sale was sucked dry too. I have a feeling small contractors stockpile mulch during these sales leaving the individual "home improvement" customers out of luck at times. I guess I can't blame Lowes / Menards too much, they have inventory the want to move before the weather changes around here. Should they limit individual purchases to a max of so many bags at this price?

Maybe that would help - but the hoarders would probably just send multiple guys (or trips) to buy them out anyway. It is frustrating, but I honestly can't see a clear solution. I now wish I bought more the 1st time I was there before the inventory was depleted at this particular store. Live and learn.

Their ads usually say "varies by location" which is true. There was a ton one day and cleaned out the next, but 20 miles down the road they have plenty. Looks like I'll be hooking up my trailer and buying in bulk like I would have expected the contractors to do, but the convenience of the bags is sure nice at that price and let's face it - if our new Millennial workforce can find a easier way to do their jobs, they will sniff it out on their smart phones and fill their trucks with bags they don't have to shovel. LOL.

I'm not inclined to pay in advance for a non-sale price however item however and wait. I'm with you there!

I'd wait for the sale price though, but like you said, they don't offer rain checks. I guess if they did, they would spend a fortune transporting it from store to store for a very low profit margin margin.

I had the same issue. False price advertising. I will shop somewhere else.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Adv items no stock multiple trips no rain checks
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

SsssLowes online orders terrible checkout

1.8
Order closet online. Went to pickup waited 30 minutes and they pull this box that is literally wrapped in in clear packing tape holding everything together. The box was in tatters. So I walk back to shelving and see all the nice boxes neatly stacked (7). I refuse the mangled box and wait another 30 minutes as they so carelessly pull another kit...it weighs close to 200 lbs. Needless to say, box is dropped at my feet sign here and if u need help loading wait here. So again, after 20 minutes I have had enough, a nice gentleman in parking spot next to me helped lift it into my truck. Strike 1 against Ssslowes. Kit unpacked and of course u need more pieces not carried at SsssLowes so u must order online. I promtely order and am told 6 weeks delivery. Fast forward 8 weeks I get an email that my parts have arrived! So I jump in my car and make the 45 minute commute to Lowe's. Again, 30 minutes in line. Tell customer Nazi clerk here for my order. She types away with phone number, snarled what's your last name, types away some more then big sigh of disgust..." Is this an online Order!" Well, yes it was. YOU HAVE AN ORDER NUMBER? well yes I do...it is 123456...she walks away for 10 minutes only to come back and tell me...your order is not here. I am in shock...I have an email claiming it was delivered and come pickup...I just drove 45 minutes and now spent 45 more being treated like I dumped over the nail bin to be told ...thanks for visiting. I promptly call SsssLowes National customer service using choice 4 letter words for this waste of my time. She ask if I want manager to call me.I say sure. Then ask if I want to take survey of her service. Sure. Like SssLOWES cares, she transfers me to a line that says...sorry we are no longer accepting feedback...lol. To date I have never heard from the Store Manager and my shelving pieces....MIA. This is only 1 of a dozen terrible experiences I have had with SsssLowes. PLEASE TAKE NOTE AND AVOID THIS BIG BOX STORE...THE WORST!

Lowes and any other store where this person shops will be better off without them. They can't understand they are dealing with human beings and won't allow for the fact that other humans aren't as perfect as they seem to think they are.

Humans make mistakes. Humans will also react to the way they are treated.

If treated poorly they will give poor service in return. If this person treated retail employees with dignity they would find they would see the service they received improve greatly.

Take your lazy *** into the store and pick the *** off the shelf for yourself. Stop with the internet order nonsense.

And the mouth breather that you are OP allows those that read what you post to see you for what you are. I can see why you assume so much.

You are self entitled. It’s obvious that you have never worked much with people. Even you admit that you had the foul mouth and the foul mood to match. You were upset that you had to wait.

Because you had to wait you then turned your mouth and your attitude on the first person you could lash out at. In doing as you did you showed everyone around you see what kind of person you are. We both know and all the people who read this post know that you wouldn’t have shut your trap if asked. You had worked yourself up due to placing a value on your time that was greater then anyone else’s.

Sorry but the customer is not always right. I’m betting you didn’t even give the CS rep a chance to solve your problem before you “ went off”. I’m betting that the moment they came back and said they couldn’t find it you lost it. The manager can admit the flaw in the system and do cartwheels in fro t of you yet at that point you had chosen to completely show your {{Redacted}}.

That is what the real issue is. You chose to speak to another human being as if they were less then you and in each of your interactions you were demeaning and hurtful. At what point were you the customer right? You assume that being a customer means the employees have {{Redacted}} Just because they are there to serve does not make them your slaves.

You have forgotten yourself good sir as you were raised better then that and you know it. You expect everyone to condemn Lowe’s yet fail to actually apologize to those that you have wronged. How can you expect any sympathy for your situation when you caused it? People can take only so much I agree but having to wait is just having to wait.

Your reaction to the entire situation was overblown. I share the sentiments of many posters here. I see you as just another self entitled, self important {{Redacted}} who felt the need to be a bully. You create most of your own problems and your attitude is something to work on.

It clearly shows. Even in what you write.

@Common sense

Well thank you for your insults and gross assumptions. Couldn't have made yourself look more like an {{Redacted}} Let's get a few facts straight you trolling fool.

1st I never "went off" on anyone in the presence of others. I CALLED THE 1800 COMPLAINT LINE In THE PRIVACY OF MY CAR. Yes. I dialed the number In Front of the 1st customer service rep who wouldn't help me.2nd no 4 letter words were used at the Store.3rd you don't know me or what I did or would do.

But your sophomoric basement dweller little person that you are make more assumption that are not true.4th You must be a snowflake as time and waiting means nothing to you.

Although many of us work by the hour unlike the welfare leach you.5th it is obvious from your replies that you have nothing to ad but troll fadder and insults. Move along, your mother needs her basement back.6th I am better than You, and what hurts you most is you know it....sorry, life's not fair but if you get a job you might be able to enjoy some fresh air.

If you were working at the call center for national customer service how like are you to want to help some jerk on the end of the line hurling a bunch of "choice 4 letter words" at you? Yes, your situation is frustrating but you will find people are much more willing to help you if you present your problem in a calm logical manner.

Reminds me of the time as a retail manager I was called to the service desk at the front of the store and was greeted by someone like you showing off his great vocabulary of 4 letter words. In line behind him was one of our cities off duty police officers who motioned to me that he would like to talk to the customer in front of me. I agreed. He tapped the guy on the shoulder and asked him to stop using the language he was using and was greeted with another blast of 4 letter words.

At this point the officer pulled out his badge and let him know that if he continued he would be arrested. It shut him up pretty quick.

There was a discussion about whether he would use this language in front of his children or mother and the customer agreed that he wouldn't. So why do people think it's ok to use profane language when dealing with people that are there to help them?

@Anonymous

Right you are....to date Lowe's has yet to deliver my product and I will continue bashing and Anti Lowe's to all my contacts. As a customer service professional you should know the customer is always right and those that are highly unsatisfied will ensure 10X the energy will be expanded to share the experience.

Still no right for harsh words. That's the nature of the job I suppose. However, you also should understand your company pays you to turn the situation around. After all, it is why they hired you.

Unfortunately, your company failed the customer and tempers are high as the customer did not just not get what they wanted they wasted many frustrating hours and have been insulted by your company and employees.

So maybe you grin bare it and do your job. In the end we all are people and the language should be tamer.

@Gerald Irmen

First of all, I never worked a Lowes, but retail is retail. At some point people came up with the idea that "the customer is alway right".

There are time they are right and times they are dead wrong. They way you treated the call center employee was dead wrong. Yes, you had a valid complaint, but using foul language was no way to approach it like a logical adult. Where I worked computer generated notifications were sent to customers as soon as the bill of lading for a shipment was entered in the computer.

Just because an order is listed on the bill of lading didn't mean it was actually on the truck. This created the exact situation you encountered from time to time. There wasn't a darn thing the employees at the store could do to make the product magically appear. All we could do is either find where the product was (still at the distribution center, on another truck or at another store) or re-order it.

Listening to a string of four letter words never solved a problem and rarely earned the offensive customer the sympathy that a rational customer got. If you want a retail employee to respect you and do their best to solve your problem you need to treat them with respect and not belittle them with your vulgar language and treating them like you are better than they are.

@Anonymous

Wow...you really assume a lot. 1st off the product in question was delivered to the Store.

Your knowledge of the situation is far from accurate. I received notice from SsssLowes it was delivered and told to come pick it up. 2nd off, maybe that respect thing you are preaching needs to be taught to all Sslowes employees...especially customer service. After I posted this SsssLowes local management finally called me 48 hrs later....guess what?

SsssLowes screwed up! Surprised? No. My product order was delivered, I did get the proper notice, but receiving did not do their job and customer service.

So when I went to get my product, instead of investigating why I received a notice but product not on hand ....the highly respectable customer service agent says nope product not here! Well, now that starts the chain of events.As I said before, this is not my 1st issue with SsssLowes...I have many. But it will be my last. The manager has overnight shipped the product to me....rightfully so, as my job was put behind schedule and many hours wasted.

Yes my language included 4 letter words and I am sorry. However, not once did the respectable customer service rep ask me not to use such language ...simple ask/ request a true professional would have or could have done if my language was too offensive for tender ears. The bottom line - Ssslowes is mismanaged and a poor choice for hardware supplies...my personal experience which I would have kept to myself, but now I will tell everyone how bad they are because a respectable customer service rep wouldn't or couldn't do their job. SSSLOWE posts signs all over asking for feedback and after a dozen disappoints I broke and called....most of these calls are to complain not to praise...I let loose a bit...so sorry, but as usual with Ssslowes I was right and they were wrong again.

The only saving grace for Ssslowes is their honest Manager who investigated and admitted to their mistake. Hopefully, he will address the Customer Service Issue, Slow Check out process and professional training for hostile 4 letter spewing customers that have been wronged by the Ssslowes mismanagement.

View more comments (7)