Rating
City:
Product:

Lowes in Springfield, Missouri - Totally ignored in the aisles

2.4
I have experienced Lowes' customer non-service for 15 years or more. Started with being completely ignored by every employee who passed me, so 86 Lumber got my order for materials to build a storage shed in my back yard. Since then, virtually every time I go into a Lowes store, the employees have many things to do - but none of them have anything to do with making sure my needs are being met. Today was the same, and was my last trip to a Lowes store. Home Depot employees are actually helpful and actually interested in making your shopping trip a good experience. Maybe Lowes should try that approach sometime. They also don't provide a way to communicate to their customer service people thru their website.....at least no way that I could find. Could it be that they prefer not to hear our thoughts & opinions?

Steve B sorry buddy but Lowe’s doesn’t come here to comment. Anyone commenting is a consumer like yourself.

To accuse them of working for Lowe’s because they have told you it’s self service only goes to show your problems. They are right, it hasn’t been full service for a long time. It’s all self service. The reason is customers don’t want help, that is until they want help.

It’s a catch 22. They have to balance their labor hours daily vs how much they bring in. If you need help or have a question I have found that going to the help desk is the fastest way because they will page an employee to the area you need them.

Good for you that you no longer go to a self service store. I’m sure you’re much happier at your new store.

@Durpa

Sorry I have an opinion different than yours. You don't tolerate that very well, obviously.

What part of "self service home improvement warehouse store" do you not understand? 86 lumber is a "full service" business, that's why you get "full service" from them.

@Anonymous

So you must be one of the non- service people running around Lowe's in a vest, huh? Hit a nerve, did I?

You should ask a member of Lowes management. I'd bet they'll tell you it's VERY important that their people deliver great service.

If not, there really isn't any point to the surveys they always want you to take. Now, what part of that do you not understand?

Do you complain about the lack of service at Target? Doubt it, there isn't any.

Same concept, they put it on the shelf, you pick it out and take it to the register and buy it. Sure, Lowes has a few departments that require the assistance of a salesperson...shop for what you need and then ask someone to write it up for you.

@Anonymous

Try Home Depot sometime. Know what you'll get?

Customer service. There goes your theory, I guess.

@Steve B

No better service at Home Depot than Lowes unless you shop on a weekend morning. Seem to be the only time they have enough staff that they will offer assistance.

You are shopping in a big box, self service store. If you need help, ask for it.

@Anonymous

So then, they ask you to take the surveys (including questions about customer service) for no good reason? That's a bit callous of them, don't you think?

@Steve B

Having worked for one of the other big box stores I can tell you they all claim to offer great service in their advertising but that's about as far as it goes. They all compete on price.

There are a few ways to get your price lower. Beat up on the vendors to lower price and they have done that well, lower quality, and they are doing that and the big one is keeping payroll costs down. They schedule fewer people than they have in the past, their pay is less that what a full service store would pay and the accept rapid turnover as part of keeping pay low. It's hard to train people when the person training the new employee also has to help customers , keep the floor stocked and clean at the same time.

It's hard to do all these things at once and what happens is that customer service suffers. Your choice is to shop a full service store or accept the fact that you will have to look for and ask for help in a big box store.

Why do you keep going there ? : don't you even know what you're looking for ? : the aisles are clearly marked ...

@Upton

C'mon....grow up. I had technical questions about an offering of theirs, but no one wanted to hear it. And I'm happy to say I DON'T shop there any more.

View more comments (11)
Review
#1207502 Review #1207502 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes - Warmth

1.2
I have been to just about every store looking for a electric heater. I called customer service to make sure it wasn’t making a blank trip and was reassured that a heater was available to the location I was at. Of course when I got there and ask d for helped the employee asked as if I was talking in another language. Ended up walking out the store with still no freakin heater
Review
#1207480 Review #1207480 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Pick Up Service
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes - Paid for Emergency Hot water heater and it never showed up the promise time frame.

I went to Lowe’s in North Las Vegas at 2570 East Craig Road and paid extra money for EMERGENCY deliver and installation of hot water heater. I was promise that I would have the hot water heater deliver Saturday. Saturday morning 1045 I call Lowe’s Store after I realize they didn’t give me a window time frame for deliver. The staff Antonio told me he would call the contractor to get a window when it would be deliver. Lowe’s staff Antonio call me back within 5 minutes and told me they would deliver the hot water heater today (Saturday) between 1pm -2pm. At 1245 I received a call from another staff at Lowe’s who said he have some bad news, he was checking orders for today and they DID NOT have me for deliver today. I feel I paid $100.00 extra for unprofessionalism, poor customer service, because the definition of EMERGENCY mean STAT it doesn’t mean tomorrow or next week. Is there any competent companies in this state that lives up to their mission statement? Lowe’s installation team state “they want the customer to feel confident that your installation is being completed as promptly, reliably and professionally as possible. “ I haven’t experience any of this, just the opposite. I will never go back and buy anything from Lowe’s store again. I’m requesting all my money back. I probably would have done better ordering from AMAZON. I have experience orders being deliver in a great and on time from Amazon. Lowe’s take lessons from Amazon. Everyone wants to blame someone else , Lowe’s just do your job.
Review
#1207442 Review #1207442 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Being lied to
  • Promise emergency delivery and they lied
Problem with delivery

Lowes in Orlando, Florida - Runaround

Went to my local store (At which I have spent THOUSANDS)seeking a rooftop vent cap. On the website it states the isle and bay however it states BW - 18 - How is the consumer supposed to know what BW means? I asked employees and no one knew - for 45 minutes + I was runaround the store to multiple isles. Went back to customer service and they located in fashion bath??? Some guy working the area had the item at the desk in this section and handed me one that was bent/disfigured and walked off to another person. I was so highly upset at this point I threw down the other items in my hand and left the store. Now back at home I need to calm down some before headed across town to Home Depot. Your SE Orlando store needs staff training and improvement. The male clerk at the CS desk had 2 lip piercings and an inappropriate attire - great image.
Review
#1207289 Review #1207289 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Inept
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Cary, North Carolina - Treats employees terrible

2.4
Lowes is more concerned with their own bottom line than about employees. They are repeatedly understaffed. They do not train people properly. Just today my husband received and email of all these different weeks where employees are blacked out from taking time off. It used to be the only forbidden holiday was Black Friday. They've taken away weeks in march and April ("spring break Black Friday"), Memorial Day week, week of 4th of July, Labor Day week, thanksgiving week.... if your an employee of the company, you are a slave to the store- screw family time. Ba humbug.

It's not uncommon in retail for the company to expect their employees to be there during peak sales periods. Lowes isn't the only store that does this. Let's face it, retail hours are not the most family friendly to start with.

Review
#1207280 Review #1207280 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Work Experience or Job Application

Lowes - TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

ON MARCH 7, 2018 I PURCHASED SOME ITEMS ON-LINE, WHEN I RECEIVED MY ORDER 1 ITEM (10 EACH ) OF THE SAME ITEM WERE WRONG. THEY CAME IN FROM DIFFERENT STATES TO COMPLETE THE ORDER. AFTER I MADE DOUBLE SURE OF WHAT I WAS ORDERING AND HAD IT SHIPPED 2ND DAY. WHEN I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE ABOUT THE WRONG ITEMS ORDERED LOWE'S TOLD ME TO RETURN THE WRONG ITEMS TO A CLOSE STORE. THE CLOSE STORES IN MY AREA DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH TO COMPLETE MY ORDER AND THEY STILL DON'T AND ON TOP OF THAT LOWE'S HAS ONE ITEM NUMBER FOR 2 DIFFERENT ITEMS. THAT'S NOT MY FAULT, I ORDERED WHAT I THOUGHT ( ACCORDING TO THERE ITEM NUMBER AND DESCRIPTION ) WAS THE CORRECT ITEMS, THEY SAID THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO BECAUSE IT WAS AFTER 12 NOON, BUT I WAS ON THE PHONE TRYING TO EXPLAIN TO PERSON FROM 11:00AM WHEN I RECEIVED THE ORDER TILL 12:00 ONCE AGAIN NOT MY FAULT. NOW YOU WANT ME TO RETURN THE WRONG MATERIAL TO A NEAR BY STORE AND STILL NOT HAVE THE WHAT I ORDER AND THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO. OUT OF ALL THE STORES IN THE UNITED STATES YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT LOWE'S COULDN'T FIND ME MY CORRECT MATERIAL, NEXT DAY AIR IT TO ME ( AT THERE COST ) THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN CUSTOMER SERVICE. THIS IS MORE LIKE "SCREW YOU CUSTOMER SERVICE"

I WILL TYPE IN ALL CAPS SO THAT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND: STOP ORDERING STUFF ONLINE.

Review
#1206638 Review #1206638 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Shipping Service
Poor customer service

Lowes in Epping, New Hampshire - Don't buy big ticket items, 3rd party delivery sucks

2.9
Ordered a fridge at Lowe's, come delivery time, i realized i never got the night before call (this is out of Epping, N.H.). So first thing i do is call the store, who in turn call delivery company who tells them delivery will be between 2 and 4. At 4:36 i call the store only to hear the drivers claimed there was a note on the ticket stating i no longer lived there and were long gone. As though i would go to a store, buy something for over $800+, and tell them to deliver it to the wrong address. Needless to say, i never got it. What i'm told by, not one, but two, assistant managers, they would give me the number of the delivery company, so i could get it straightened out, I blew a stack! WHAT? I didn't hire the delivery company, they did. I call corporate, who assures me this will get taken care of, will be elevated to upper management to which i said, "Nothing says i don't give a rat's behind, like 3rd party delivery companies." After a week of phone calls, i finally get it on the following Friday. These guys walk in, put it in place, put the doors on, and are going to walk out until one of them says, we have to hook up the water line. They did, and while he pushes the tab for water, with a 9 inch sticker behind his hand saying they need to bleed the line for 4 minutes, brilliant boy does it for 15 seconds. They never took plastic wrap off, never took any tape off the glass, and never flushed the water line ( I would do that ). I call the store to have them send an employee to tear all the plastic off, i'd already taken the tape off, so i could put food back as it was all melting by this point. When they ask me to sign the paperwork, there was a $20 bill on the clipboard, ironically the exact amount for carry out that a manager was talking about refunding me. When asked by a Lowe's employee, they said it was a tip from previous customer, they just conveniently left it on the clip board on MY paperwork. What's their solution to this? A $50 gift card from Lowe's!! I lost over $130 in pay missing work, one and half days, and they want to give me $50 for a store, i'm not so inclined to visit any more. LOL...what a joke. I'm on disability, am 64 yrs old, and they wanted ME to run downstairs to turn the water on. Beware big ticket delivery, you just might get nailed as I did. I called corporate twice, they don't seem to give a rats behind either. I bought a fridge some 15 years ago from them, as well as a dryer and washer, about 7 years ago, and was thrilled with delivery service. The difference today? a 3rd party delivery service who doesn't give a hoot about Lowe's customer service, why should they? Lowe's doesn't...

About two yrs ag it took a month for EPO----- Lowe's deliver to deliver a door to a property of mine. A year ago it took Lowe's EXPO two weeks to deliver a dishwasher to the same address.

Only because I am and soon not to be a Lowe's employee I am trying to deliver a clothes dryer to the same location. It's been a week and still they cannot get delivery instructions correct sipite having talked with the deliver service, Lowe's corporate sustomer service and the local store. At this point all I can say is that LOWE'S SUCKS.

It's been the same excuse for them each and every time. No longer an employee and free to tell the truth.

If you needed to get the food in the refrigerator why didn't you just take the tape odd and put the shelves in? Not a huge task.

In one sentence you claim to have lost $130 in pay and in the next sentence you are a 64 year old on disability. Sounds like a little more whining than necessary.

@Anonymous

As a person with back and knee issues (the reason i'm on disability), it takes a while to do those things. Besides, its THEIR JOB!

And yes, i turned down a days pay of time and a half, i work pt....to supplement the crap disability amount i make. But if you think it sounds like whining, i'll look for your glowing review when it happens to you.

And in case you didn't notice, they wanted ME to do their job by calling the delivery company. I never hired a delivery company, THEY did.

#1720194
@Anonymous

I am furious with Lowe’s so-called delivery service, so I dude with the person complaining !

I’ve had two similar experiences in the past couple weeks with Lowe’s in Florida. No calls, straight up lied to by Lowe’s employees, no return phone calls on my customer care complaint (although a Lowe’s assistant manager did pencil whip it and close it out without calling me) and delivered a used, unboxed and broken Bosch dishwasher when we purchased new.

I was a delivery manager at a Lowe’s store for years and this is NOT how our deliveries or customer service was handled! Going the more economical route is not the best solution if you want to keep your customer base and grow it. Third party deliveries are just a way for Lowe’s to wash their hands of delivery problems just like Home Depot did years ago.

I won’t set foot in a Lowe’s store ever again due to these awful experiences. Done with them.

@Ben H

The killer for me was a few weeks later, i noticed the top of the fridge box sitting in brush in the front yard (it had been buried by a couple snow storms)...i couldn't believe these little piglets just tossed it in my yard and left it....

Lowe’s is a big publicly held company. They are far more concerned with their shareholders happiness then the customers. Buy from a mom and pop store if you want good service.

What do you expect when you buy from a big box store. Shop at a local independent appliance store if you want good service.

@Anonymous

you got that right, and that is what i told them, last time i buy a big ticket item from them. I'd rather pay $50 more and get good to great service

View more comments (8)
Review
#1205880 Review #1205880 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Cons
  • How they have handled this situation
  • Management
  • Delivery service

Lowes - Doesn’t care about keeping customers

4.5
I had this credit card since 2008, never missed a payment. I had a $50 balance. Usually when the account is getting to a close for the month, they call to get payment from you if you haven’t paid it. I never got an email or an account notification either. When I received the mail statement, I called right away and asked if the $38 late fee could be waived, they said no. I was reminded that I did have a late payment 9 months ago. I paid the $50 balance plus $38 fee and I closed the account. What really made me upset, they NEVER once asked if they could see if they could keep me as a customer. Home Depot, most banks and other large finacial companies are able to work with you when you’ve been a loyal customer for 10 years who’s made every payment, and they care about YOUR BUSINESS.

They are terrible credit card company to deal with not worth it.

Bookcrazy
@Anonymous

Lowe's is NOT a credit card company! And, yeah, when you don't pay your bills, CC companies can be not very nice.

ANY creditor can.I'm a business owner and when my clients don't pay, you better believe I may not be "very nice" when I have to ask for money that is OWED me.And NO store CC is worth it. Get a VISA or MC if you want to pay with credit.

It's not their obligation to remind you ; but it is your obligation to pay.You knew perfectly well that you had a credit card and should have been aware of any outstanding balance.It is juvenile and irresponsible to state : "I never got an email or an account notification" as an excuse for nonpayment.The only thing you did right was to close the account ; store charge accounts are unnecessary, expensive, and, as you have seen, burdensome.

@William

The reason store accounts are expensive is because they give accounts to deadbeats that don’t pay their bills on time or pay them at all. It drives up the cost of doing business for the credit companies that issue the cards. The only way they have to make up the losses is to charge an outragious interest rate.

Had credit with Lowes for 20 years. Never missed a payment.

I asked them to raise my credit. Instead, they checked my credit score and lowered my credit. Now I can not even buy a cheap refrigerator.

What gives is that even fair? Does not pay to be a faithful customer.

@Heather

No you haven't. Lowe's doesn't issue credit.

Lowe's is not a bank. You have a credit card through a bank that issues a card with a Lowe's logo on it.

That's your own fault. Only a moron opens a credit card that can only be used at a single retail establishment.

@SDGNJdfg

Better advice I could not give than what you stated "Only a moron opens a credit card that can only be used at a single retail establishment."Rinse, repeat ...

@Heather

Of course they are going to check your credit score before they increase your limit. My guess is that you owe a lot more now than you did 20 years ago in comparison to your income.

You may have missed or been late in payments to creditors as well. I'm retired and don't have near the income I did when I was working.

I would expect if I asked for a credit increase they would probably reduce my limit as well. Thank goodness I don't rely on credit anymore.

Wonder why Lowe’s can’t keep up with Home Depot...customer service perhaps??

Your credit account is not with Lowes, it is with an independent credit company. Why should they have to hound you to make your payments on time?

When you applied for the account you agreed to make payments in a timely manner and were informed you would be charged a seat fee if you didn't. They held up their end of the agreement when they granted you the credit to make your purchase. Why don't you feel you have to hold up your end of the agreement?

You are the only one to blame for not making your payment on time. If you can't take responsibility for your own actions you shouldn't be applying for credit accounts.

@Anonymous

You don't own your own business, obviously. You punch a clock somewhere making $15/hr.

You have no idea what is involved in managing projects, employees, payroll and beyond all at the same time, whereby you miss one of maybe 50 or so monthly invoices. I spend 10s of thousands each year at Lowe's. I don't think the $38 late fee and loosing me as a customer was a good risk/reward prop. for them.

If you ever figure out how to be your own boss some day, you'll get an idea. In the meantime, get back to work you silly little hourly employee.

@Anonymous

If you make so much, send so much and are so busy maybe you should hire someone for $15/hr to keep track of your bill and pay them on time you pompous {{Redacted}}.

@Anonymous

I was paying someone $25/hr and they dropped the ball actually. Hard to find good help. Also, who the f*#% are you??

Bookcrazy
@Anonymous

Wow, you sound like a real {{Redacted}}. The creditor shouldn't have to call you to pay your bill.

@Bookcrazy

Don't you think this guy would be better off spending his time paying his bills rather than posting on complaint sites about his incompetence?

@Anonymous

You are correct. I do not own my own business.

I retired early from a career of retail management working for someone else where I managed a store with annual sales in excess of $50 million. Yes I punched a clock and my hourly pay was less that $15/hour. That involved managing 200 plus employees, making sure inventory levels were proper, the product was properly displayed and priced, working with delivery services etc.etc, but most of all meeting sales goals by providing proper customer service. I had someone processing over 50 invoices a day but I had to sign each and every one before they were sent to the corporate office for payment.

They were all processed within 24 hours of being received as we earned a discount for early payment.

If they weren't approved for payment a letter was sent to the vendor explaining why it wasn't being processed. Since I had a rather low hourly pay but still managed to earn a six figure income through bonuses based on keeping my payroll in line, inventory at proper levels, exceeding sales goals and a percentage of the bottom line profits I probably do have an idea of what it takes to run a business.

OP:Your complaint is with the independent creditor Lowe's does business with, Not with Lowe's.

@Anonymous

Yes, it is with an independent credit company but they represent Lowes. All payments were made on time.

@anonymous

Your complaint mentions 2 late payments, how could all payments be made on time?

View more comments (18)
Review
#1205233 Review #1205233 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Lowes Credit Card
Problems with payment

Lowes - Poor Customer Service

Ordered carpet and vinyl flooring from Lowe's on E. 25th Street, Indianapolis, IN. Paid for everything and they delivered the vinyl flooring but NEVER called to schedule installation. A week passed and they hadn't called to schedule installation of the carpet or the vinyl. We called the store at least 3 times and were told each time that they would contact installers. Finally, we went to the store and demanded a full refund. Something has happened at this location that used to be top notch. Not sure if it's management or corporate but it sucks now. They were supposed to pick up the vinyl that had already been delivered to our home. When we finally called to see why it hadn't been picked up, we were told that they hadn't received instructions to pick the material up. DUH! May never shop with them again.
Review
#1205193 Review #1205193 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes - Don't purchase anything requiring installation from Lowe's
This complaint is primarily about the Lowe's Central Production Office (CPO), i.e. the Lowe's Central Installation Office. On January 16th, Lowe's contractor started a carpet install. They finished around noon on January 18th. Upon inspection, and before signing off on...

It will never get better untill they quit going with installation companys

View more comments
Review
#1205087 Review #1205087 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Carpet Installation
Cons
  • Not a thing terrible company