Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes - Takes forever

2.5
I purchased warranties for my Samsung washer and dryer. Each time I have called in for service, it has taken at least 3 month’s to get repairs done. My warranty time is eaten up waiting—meantime I have to do without my appliance. I am told the part has to come from Samsung but the wait time is ridiculous. I will not buy appliances from Lowe’s again nor a Samsung product.
Bad quality

Lowes in Bremerton, Washington - Disappointed in Lowe's military discount policy.

4.0
Lowe's has a new policy on their military discount. You must have a My Lowe's account in order to get the discount. I'm not a fan of a company requiring me to have an account in order to get a discount that they offer to a particular group of people so they can send us targeted advertizing. I have been a long time customer over Home Depot. They have lost me as a customer unless they change this policy.
TightDeer853

You know the rules shut it

Agreed. Lowes has lost me as a customer (retired military, spend over $10K a year at Lowes and Home Depot)Got the "My Lowes" card, then they want to "verify my military service" and make a copy of my ID and information at customer service before any discount can be granted.

WTH?Thanks but No Thanks Lowes! Identity theft, mediocre security on retail computer systems with customer information.THANK YOU HOME DEPOT for recognizing our service as combat veterans but not tracking us or making us targets in our own country.

@Combat Vet 21 years

I served and I want to thank you for serving and risking your life for our country and Freedom!!!!

You are not owed anything. You were paid for your service.

Additional benefits are a PRIVILEGE. Abide by the guidelines and stop whining.

@HASR

You are probably a 4f or a coward and didn't serve, you deserve what you did for your country can you put a price on risking your life! What did you do??? NOTHING!!!

@Anonymous

The fact is that there are a lot of deserving professions that aren't offered a discount at all. Veterans should appreciate the stores that offer a discount and accept their policies rather than complaining.

Stores are not required to give you a discount.

Thank them when they do but quit *** if you don't like their policies. Unfortunately they are there to prevent the scammers from abusing their generosity.

@HASR

Don't run down the military! You never served and risked your life for your WORTHLESS LIFE!!!!

@HASR

HASR, I know that YOU would never serve your country like these brave veterans have. You are much too cowardly to do anything like that.

Again, a veteran complaining about discounts. Be glad they even offer a veterans discount. There are a lot of other deserving people out there that don't get discounts and you don't see them complaining.

@Anonymous

I’m a 21 year veteran who is pissed at Lowe’s as well. Military Discount policy has been changed so as it is not available on any sale item, or to be combined with any Lowe’s card promotion so in other words, The military benefits offered by Lowe’s are disappearing.

View more comments (9)

Lowes in Canton, Michigan - Dishwasher

4.0
Purchased Bosch dishwasher and was installed 9 days ago. Ran once and now will not fill. Called customer service and the soonest I can get repair is 10 days. I think that is unacceptable and will not purchase another appliance

What are you going to do when your appliances quit working if you are not going to buy another appliance? Appliance manufacturers, like auto manufacturers have a warranty that will repair a product with defects not replace them.

I purchased a car in 1974 that got towed to the dealer every morning for 2 weeks, they finally decided to replace the engine which took a month. I'm sure glad i didn't swear off buying cars because of that experience.

Sometimes things go wrong with products. Fortunately the warranties take care of fixing them even if the repair is an inconvenience.

Lowes - Total incompetence

Ordered a clothes washer from Lowes.com then contacted by email that it would arrive next day. Receive voicemail confirming delivery window of 12-2pm. No delivery. Called them and they said it never got on the truck. Contacted them indicated it couldn't be accepted on the next delivery date and proceeded to receive conflicting voicemails and emails between XPO and Lowes. Next email then confirmation came and this time, I called and had a supervisor from XPO send me an email confirming the delivery and yes, never got on the truck again. Each day it somehow was never loaded for delivery, I was never notified. I called into Lowes to cancel my order and the next evening, I receive a call from XPO indicating my delivery is scheduled. Utter incompetence - lacking complete and basic communication between Lowes and XPO.
Order processing issue

Lowes in Central, South Carolina - BUYER BEWARE: Lowe's terrible roof service and their garbage corporate BS

2.3
Lowes - BUYER BEWARE: Lowe's terrible roof service and their garbage corporate BS
We hired Lowe's to install a new roof on our home. Scheduling was easy. Materials were to be dropped off and the crew would be there in a few days to put the roof on. They dropped the material off in the middle of driveway with no protection or tarp. That night, it poured down rain. I called immediately the next morning and reported that all of the materials were soaking wet. They just said they would pass that on to the guy in charge. Regardless of the wet material, they came out and put the roof on in a day. Immediately, we noticed how wrinkled/wavy the roof looked. Our gutter guards were not re-installed correctly (which was specified in the contract) and water was randomly pouring off the roof in non-drained areas. The vents in the roof were sealed around the edges with what looked like tape, and it was already coming off. They did not clean up the old shingles and instead left them laying all over our front yard, in 95-degree Southern summertime heat. This killed all of the grass under each of those blocks of singles so our front yard now looks like a patchwork quilt. We addressed our concerns to the liaison in charge of handling complaints. He sent the crew back out who did nothing but put some more nails in our roof, fixed the gutter guards, secured the vent, and throw cigarette butts and beer bottles in our yard. They fixed the gutters so they drained correctly, but the roof still looked horrendous. They sent a local truck out to clean up, and the employee commented on how terrible the roof looked. Thanks, no *** Sherlock. SOOooo we took pictures and more pictures and started reaching out to people "above" our local store about what to do. **Insert endless corporate *** zero-accountability loop**. They basically said that the roof must have been damaged before they installed the new roof. So I gladly sent them a date-stamped picture of our roof "before" and "after". I never received any other correspondence after that. We looked in to getting a lawyer but to find one with the ability to fight against a giant corporation like Lowe's would cost us more than the roof would ever be worth.

Lowes replaced our roof while we were on vacation. When we came home, outdoor furniture was moved, black tar was on aluminum siding and trim on dors, things were broken, materials left all over yard.

Took three hours for us to clean it up. Kep claaing Lowes and they never get back to me.

Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Installation And Product Issues
  • Roof Damage
  • Roof

Lowes - Irresponsible Customer Service

We have been trying to return a fridge that was delivered to our home for more than a month, but no useful response get yet. Already made around 15 calls, 2 emails and Twitter....no one helped us so far and every time we got the redpons that we will be contacted in 24 hrs. Hearing this 24 hr.period for more than a month and not even received a single call. Now we failed and giving up the try for return.
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes in Calgary, Alberta - Worst experience in awhile

2.1
Couldn't find my dishwasher in the store, waited 90 mins, without a update.I was starting to feel like Patrick Swayze from the movie"Ghost"finally asked to see a comparable one to the one I bought, they ended up selling me a more expensive one with barely a deal, then while I was going to pay for it they told me someone found the original one I bought online, but costumer service already returned the money back to my M/C which now I have to wait 24 to 48 hours to clear back into my account. If I were offered a deal on the original one I already purchased I probably would have taken it in a couple days but I wasn't even given that option, waste of my afternoon, should have just stayed at work.

"expensive one with barely a deal"

Barely a deal is still a deal. What did you want, to be comped out the wazzo and get a bigger better deal.

GolfTangoFoxtrotOscarHotel..

You got something better at a decent price.

Please tell me you're not a guy...

Poor customer service

Lowes - STAY FAR AWAY FROM LOWE'S!!!

2.3
well, it looks like i am just one one of many who is dissatisfied with lowe's. the word dissatisfied is a huge understatement! this company has no clue how to run a proper business. i purchased a dryer from them back in november. i told them i needed the delivery date to be after 4 p.m. as i was at work. i was told they couldn't give me a time for the delivery, or for that matter a date. i was like, really? what the *** i argued and argued with the delivery hotline they have but to no avail, the girl i was talking with was young rude and snotty and told me that that's just the way it is. i asked to speak with a supervisor and after a long hold time was transferred. he did give me a time slot to suit my needs but guess what? lowe's showed up with my dryer on a different day and time. even after i straightened things out ( many hours of wasted time on the phone with these incompenent jerks) they still screwed things up. my dryer had an issue with the door and i told them i just wanted it repaired. instead, lowe's showed up at my home at 10 p.m at night with a new dryer! i was like- wtf? after many hours of trying to communicate with these incompetent *** i did get it all settled. i talked to a supervisor who told me to request compensation for my trouble. i did and lowe's said they'd refund me $120.00. guess what? they never put it back on my credit card! i am now trying to get it refunded by the store manager. there is a huge lack of communication between the delivery people, the brick and mortar store and the delivery service line- 3 separate departments. if you have time to spare and want your blood pressure to go through the roof then lowe's is for you, if not, please, i beg of you to shop elsewhere!

I liked: 888888888888.

I didn't like: 8888888888888888888888.

What in the world is this?

Preferred solution
just wanted to make other customers aware

Lowes - Terrible customer service

Their worker stacked 4,700 pounds of bamboo flooring in a 6x6 square area....instead of spreading that weight around the home floors....and damaged the floor joists which started movement in the structure. The sent their engineering company who found no issues. Our insurance company sent an engineer who found that weight did in fact cause structural damage. Lowes has refused to consider repairing our home and the damage is running around 12000.00. Lowes will have to explain their refusal I court and we are done with them. We have had a corporate account and been customers for 20 years. We cut the credit cards up and will never buy from them again. We are not alone.

Incorrect ! lowes does not contract out delivery of product this is done at store level not by the flooring contractor . Don't comment on things you know nothing about .

4700 pounds, that sounds a touch over stated.

Even if that were the case, that one room would need to enormous.

Bamboo flooring needs 5-10 days to acclimate to the area it will be installed.

Different rooms, different acclimation points.

So I think just maybe your floor was messed up and you found an easy person to blame.

@Anonymous

Depends on the brand, some of the stranded bamboo with a high epoxy count can weigh over 70 pounds a box. So that's about 67 boxes, or a pallet and a half. Actually a nice sized job, but not unheard of, all it takes is a lazy installer, or helper who didn't want to disperse the product in each room, and yes, something like this could very well happen

Lowes contracts out the workers, and so your complaint is with the contractor Lowes does business with.

@Anonymous

You still buy from LOWES and they are responsible.

View more comments (4)
Bad quality
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes - Horrible, horrible customer service !

Update by user Feb 01, 2018

Since posting Lowes have delivered a replacement and picked up the defective range. It would seem that by my visiting the store I got my point over and the problem was taken care of the next day! However I stand by my opinion that their customer service is horrible as I should not have had to go to these lengths in order to get them to do the right thing.

Original review posted by user Jan 30, 2018

Horrible, horrible customer service. Yes it is so bad I cannot understand how Lowes stays in business. We purchased a GE Electric Range on Jan 2 2018 from a salesman who, while pleasant, knew absolutely nothing about ranges. We knew more only because we had researched them on Consumer Reports. He did not even know the procedure for processing the sale documentation as was evidenced that he first led us to wait in line along with himself to a key cutting machine, but after a minute I questioned what the key cutting had to do with anything. He then realized his mistake and suggested we try one of the regular checkout registers. After waiting in that line for our turn , the cashier told us that we would have to go to customer service desk! On our arrival there another staff member confirmed that we had arrived at the right section and the salesman thanked us and left . At that point the other person promptly processed the necessary documentation, without further delay or problem. The salesman had told us that the item was stock in stock but that delivery would be 7 days and we would receive a call the day before. As we did not get a call when expected I called them and was told that delivery would not be for at least another week. I told them that we had just sold our present range relying on the fact that we would be getting the new one the next day. I was then put on hold for a short time and then informed that on checking they actually had them in stock and could deliver the following day after all! We had previously scheduled a pick up of the old one at time of delivery and I had cancelled that pickup. Surprise! The new one was delivered at about 7.45 am the following morning. I mentioned to the delivery people that I had cancelled old appliance pick up and he confirmed that was correct as they had no instructions to pick up. However on checking the Lowes credit card online a few days later there was no credit for the pick up fee, so I called the store and was informed that a credit should have been issued but would take about 3 days before it was posted, and if it was not to take it up with the issuing bank. I called that bank two days after that and was told that no credits were pending. At that point I paid the balance, less the disputed credit and filed a written dispute to which I subsequently received acknowledgment. It is currently still under investigation. NOW FOR THE WORST PART and a good reason why you should never shop at Lowes. The door on the oven would not stay in the 45degree fully open position but kept springing up to neatrly fully closed. Because of this, the only way to remove a pan was to put one knee on the door while holding the pan with both hands, or get someone else to hold the door open while the pan was removed. As the hinges did not appear to be adjustable we called lowes service dept and booked aservice call. At that time we were informed that if the issue was not covered by warranty we would have to pay for the service call. I responded that surely you must know whether a door that did not stay open was covered or not? The person responded that it would be up to the service person to decide that, but I would have to agree to pay for the call if it was not covered. I reluctantly agreed only because without a service call we could not use the oven safely. An appointment was then scheduled and "da da" second surprise - the serviceman arrived at the appointed time right on schedule! After a few minutes he proclaimed that it was beyond repair as the chassis itself was twisted, which was probably caused by having being dropped and advised us to request an exchange. I was surprised as there was no visible damage, but as it was delivered without a box I suppose it could have been dropped and the packing prevented dents or scratches. I then phoned customer service at the Lowes store and explained the situation and asked for an exchange. After providing them with the requested details regarding invoice #, date of purchase etc, etc. I was informed that I would have to physically visit the store with the stove and make a return and would receive a refund. I told them that I did not want a refund and that I wanted them to deliver a new one and at the same time pick up the defective one. They again repeated their policy. At that point I asked to speak with the store manager at which point I was put on hold after which their policy was once again repeated. I tried posting a review on their website only to receive a message that "there was a problem posting on our side and try again later" I tried 2 hours later and got the same message. I researched on Google only to find that this is common, they obviously do not want their customers to hear the facts. Following that, I was so mad, I drove that day to the store, without the range of course, and told the customer service that if they would not agree to an exchange I was going to contact the local tv channel and BBB. I was not bluffing, whereupon the person told me she would confer with the"manager" (yea been there before, haven't I?) This time she returned to inform me that they would take care of it and would call me to schedule a delivery and pick up. We will see what happens. I will give them 2 weeks to take care of it failing which I will contact these third party agencies and others and, as a last resort, file an action in court.
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags