Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes review in Orlando, Florida: Runaround

Went to my local store (At which I have spent THOUSANDS)seeking a rooftop vent cap. On the website it states the isle and bay however it states BW - 18 - How is the consumer supposed to know what BW means? I asked employees and no one knew - for 45 minutes + I was runaround the store to multiple isles. Went back to customer service and they located in fashion bath??? Some guy working the area had the item at the desk in this section and handed me one that was bent/disfigured and walked off to another person. I was so highly upset at this point I threw down the other items in my hand and left the store. Now back at home I need to calm down some before headed across town to Home Depot. Your SE Orlando store needs staff training and improvement. The male clerk at the CS desk had 2 lip piercings and an inappropriate attire - great image.
Review
#1207289 Review #1207289 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Inept
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes review in Cary, North Carolina: Treats employees terrible

2.4
Lowes is more concerned with their own bottom line than about employees. They are repeatedly understaffed. They do not train people properly. Just today my husband received and email of all these different weeks where employees are blacked out from taking time off. It used to be the only forbidden holiday was Black Friday. They've taken away weeks in march and April ("spring break Black Friday"), Memorial Day week, week of 4th of July, Labor Day week, thanksgiving week.... if your an employee of the company, you are a slave to the store- screw family time. Ba humbug.

It's not uncommon in retail for the company to expect their employees to be there during peak sales periods. Lowes isn't the only store that does this. Let's face it, retail hours are not the most family friendly to start with.

Review
#1207280 Review #1207280 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Work Experience or Job Application

Lowes review: TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

ON MARCH 7, 2018 I PURCHASED SOME ITEMS ON-LINE, WHEN I RECEIVED MY ORDER 1 ITEM (10 EACH ) OF THE SAME ITEM WERE WRONG. THEY CAME IN FROM DIFFERENT STATES TO COMPLETE THE ORDER. AFTER I MADE DOUBLE SURE OF WHAT I WAS ORDERING AND HAD IT SHIPPED 2ND DAY. WHEN I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE ABOUT THE WRONG ITEMS ORDERED LOWE'S TOLD ME TO RETURN THE WRONG ITEMS TO A CLOSE STORE. THE CLOSE STORES IN MY AREA DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH TO COMPLETE MY ORDER AND THEY STILL DON'T AND ON TOP OF THAT LOWE'S HAS ONE ITEM NUMBER FOR 2 DIFFERENT ITEMS. THAT'S NOT MY FAULT, I ORDERED WHAT I THOUGHT ( ACCORDING TO THERE ITEM NUMBER AND DESCRIPTION ) WAS THE CORRECT ITEMS, THEY SAID THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO BECAUSE IT WAS AFTER 12 NOON, BUT I WAS ON THE PHONE TRYING TO EXPLAIN TO PERSON FROM 11:00AM WHEN I RECEIVED THE ORDER TILL 12:00 ONCE AGAIN NOT MY FAULT. NOW YOU WANT ME TO RETURN THE WRONG MATERIAL TO A NEAR BY STORE AND STILL NOT HAVE THE WHAT I ORDER AND THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO. OUT OF ALL THE STORES IN THE UNITED STATES YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT LOWE'S COULDN'T FIND ME MY CORRECT MATERIAL, NEXT DAY AIR IT TO ME ( AT THERE COST ) THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN CUSTOMER SERVICE. THIS IS MORE LIKE "SCREW YOU CUSTOMER SERVICE"

I WILL TYPE IN ALL CAPS SO THAT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND: STOP ORDERING STUFF ONLINE.

Review
#1206638 Review #1206638 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Shipping Service
Poor customer service

Lowes review in Epping, New Hampshire: Don't buy big ticket items, 3rd party delivery sucks

2.9
Ordered a fridge at Lowe's, come delivery time, i realized i never got the night before call (this is out of Epping, N.H.). So first thing i do is call the store, who in turn call delivery company who tells them delivery will be between 2 and 4. At 4:36 i call the store only to hear the drivers claimed there was a note on the ticket stating i no longer lived there and were long gone. As though i would go to a store, buy something for over $800+, and tell them to deliver it to the wrong address. Needless to say, i never got it. What i'm told by, not one, but two, assistant managers, they would give me the number of the delivery company, so i could get it straightened out, I blew a stack! WHAT? I didn't hire the delivery company, they did. I call corporate, who assures me this will get taken care of, will be elevated to upper management to which i said, "Nothing says i don't give a rat's behind, like 3rd party delivery companies." After a week of phone calls, i finally get it on the following Friday. These guys walk in, put it in place, put the doors on, and are going to walk out until one of them says, we have to hook up the water line. They did, and while he pushes the tab for water, with a 9 inch sticker behind his hand saying they need to bleed the line for 4 minutes, brilliant boy does it for 15 seconds. They never took plastic wrap off, never took any tape off the glass, and never flushed the water line ( I would do that ). I call the store to have them send an employee to tear all the plastic off, i'd already taken the tape off, so i could put food back as it was all melting by this point. When they ask me to sign the paperwork, there was a $20 bill on the clipboard, ironically the exact amount for carry out that a manager was talking about refunding me. When asked by a Lowe's employee, they said it was a tip from previous customer, they just conveniently left it on the clip board on MY paperwork. What's their solution to this? A $50 gift card from Lowe's!! I lost over $130 in pay missing work, one and half days, and they want to give me $50 for a store, i'm not so inclined to visit any more. LOL...what a joke. I'm on disability, am 64 yrs old, and they wanted ME to run downstairs to turn the water on. Beware big ticket delivery, you just might get nailed as I did. I called corporate twice, they don't seem to give a rats behind either. I bought a fridge some 15 years ago from them, as well as a dryer and washer, about 7 years ago, and was thrilled with delivery service. The difference today? a 3rd party delivery service who doesn't give a hoot about Lowe's customer service, why should they? Lowe's doesn't...

About two yrs ag it took a month for EPO----- Lowe's deliver to deliver a door to a property of mine. A year ago it took Lowe's EXPO two weeks to deliver a dishwasher to the same address.

Only because I am and soon not to be a Lowe's employee I am trying to deliver a clothes dryer to the same location. It's been a week and still they cannot get delivery instructions correct sipite having talked with the deliver service, Lowe's corporate sustomer service and the local store. At this point all I can say is that LOWE'S SUCKS.

It's been the same excuse for them each and every time. No longer an employee and free to tell the truth.

If you needed to get the food in the refrigerator why didn't you just take the tape odd and put the shelves in? Not a huge task.

In one sentence you claim to have lost $130 in pay and in the next sentence you are a 64 year old on disability. Sounds like a little more whining than necessary.

@Anonymous

As a person with back and knee issues (the reason i'm on disability), it takes a while to do those things. Besides, its THEIR JOB!

And yes, i turned down a days pay of time and a half, i work pt....to supplement the crap disability amount i make. But if you think it sounds like whining, i'll look for your glowing review when it happens to you.

And in case you didn't notice, they wanted ME to do their job by calling the delivery company. I never hired a delivery company, THEY did.

#1720194
@Anonymous

I am furious with Lowe’s so-called delivery service, so I dude with the person complaining !

I’ve had two similar experiences in the past couple weeks with Lowe’s in Florida. No calls, straight up lied to by Lowe’s employees, no return phone calls on my customer care complaint (although a Lowe’s assistant manager did pencil whip it and close it out without calling me) and delivered a used, unboxed and broken Bosch dishwasher when we purchased new.

I was a delivery manager at a Lowe’s store for years and this is NOT how our deliveries or customer service was handled! Going the more economical route is not the best solution if you want to keep your customer base and grow it. Third party deliveries are just a way for Lowe’s to wash their hands of delivery problems just like Home Depot did years ago.

I won’t set foot in a Lowe’s store ever again due to these awful experiences. Done with them.

@Ben H

The killer for me was a few weeks later, i noticed the top of the fridge box sitting in brush in the front yard (it had been buried by a couple snow storms)...i couldn't believe these little piglets just tossed it in my yard and left it....

Lowe’s is a big publicly held company. They are far more concerned with their shareholders happiness then the customers. Buy from a mom and pop store if you want good service.

What do you expect when you buy from a big box store. Shop at a local independent appliance store if you want good service.

@Anonymous

you got that right, and that is what i told them, last time i buy a big ticket item from them. I'd rather pay $50 more and get good to great service

View more comments (8)
Review
#1205880 Review #1205880 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Cons
  • Management
  • How they have handled this situation
  • Customer service
Price reduction

Lowes review: Doesn’t care about keeping customers

4.5
I had this credit card since 2008, never missed a payment. I had a $50 balance. Usually when the account is getting to a close for the month, they call to get payment from you if you haven’t paid it. I never got an email or an account notification either. When I received the mail statement, I called right away and asked if the $38 late fee could be waived, they said no. I was reminded that I did have a late payment 9 months ago. I paid the $50 balance plus $38 fee and I closed the account. What really made me upset, they NEVER once asked if they could see if they could keep me as a customer. Home Depot, most banks and other large finacial companies are able to work with you when you’ve been a loyal customer for 10 years who’s made every payment, and they care about YOUR BUSINESS.

They are terrible credit card company to deal with not worth it.

Floyde
@Anonymous

Lowe's is NOT a credit card company! And, yeah, when you don't pay your bills, CC companies can be not very nice.

ANY creditor can.I'm a business owner and when my clients don't pay, you better believe I may not be "very nice" when I have to ask for money that is OWED me.And NO store CC is worth it. Get a VISA or MC if you want to pay with credit.

It's not their obligation to remind you ; but it is your obligation to pay.You knew perfectly well that you had a credit card and should have been aware of any outstanding balance.It is juvenile and irresponsible to state : "I never got an email or an account notification" as an excuse for nonpayment.The only thing you did right was to close the account ; store charge accounts are unnecessary, expensive, and, as you have seen, burdensome.

@William

The reason store accounts are expensive is because they give accounts to deadbeats that don’t pay their bills on time or pay them at all. It drives up the cost of doing business for the credit companies that issue the cards. The only way they have to make up the losses is to charge an outragious interest rate.

Had credit with Lowes for 20 years. Never missed a payment.

I asked them to raise my credit. Instead, they checked my credit score and lowered my credit. Now I can not even buy a cheap refrigerator.

What gives is that even fair? Does not pay to be a faithful customer.

@Heather

No you haven't. Lowe's doesn't issue credit.

Lowe's is not a bank. You have a credit card through a bank that issues a card with a Lowe's logo on it.

That's your own fault. Only a moron opens a credit card that can only be used at a single retail establishment.

@SDGNJdfg

Better advice I could not give than what you stated "Only a moron opens a credit card that can only be used at a single retail establishment."Rinse, repeat ...

@Heather

Of course they are going to check your credit score before they increase your limit. My guess is that you owe a lot more now than you did 20 years ago in comparison to your income.

You may have missed or been late in payments to creditors as well. I'm retired and don't have near the income I did when I was working.

I would expect if I asked for a credit increase they would probably reduce my limit as well. Thank goodness I don't rely on credit anymore.

Wonder why Lowe’s can’t keep up with Home Depot...customer service perhaps??

Your credit account is not with Lowes, it is with an independent credit company. Why should they have to hound you to make your payments on time?

When you applied for the account you agreed to make payments in a timely manner and were informed you would be charged a seat fee if you didn't. They held up their end of the agreement when they granted you the credit to make your purchase. Why don't you feel you have to hold up your end of the agreement?

You are the only one to blame for not making your payment on time. If you can't take responsibility for your own actions you shouldn't be applying for credit accounts.

@Anonymous

You don't own your own business, obviously. You punch a clock somewhere making $15/hr.

You have no idea what is involved in managing projects, employees, payroll and beyond all at the same time, whereby you miss one of maybe 50 or so monthly invoices. I spend 10s of thousands each year at Lowe's. I don't think the $38 late fee and loosing me as a customer was a good risk/reward prop. for them.

If you ever figure out how to be your own boss some day, you'll get an idea. In the meantime, get back to work you silly little hourly employee.

@Anonymous

If you make so much, send so much and are so busy maybe you should hire someone for $15/hr to keep track of your bill and pay them on time you pompous {{Redacted}}.

@Anonymous

I was paying someone $25/hr and they dropped the ball actually. Hard to find good help. Also, who the f*#% are you??

Floyde
@Anonymous

Wow, you sound like a real {{Redacted}}. The creditor shouldn't have to call you to pay your bill.

@Floyde

Don't you think this guy would be better off spending his time paying his bills rather than posting on complaint sites about his incompetence?

@Anonymous

You are correct. I do not own my own business.

I retired early from a career of retail management working for someone else where I managed a store with annual sales in excess of $50 million. Yes I punched a clock and my hourly pay was less that $15/hour. That involved managing 200 plus employees, making sure inventory levels were proper, the product was properly displayed and priced, working with delivery services etc.etc, but most of all meeting sales goals by providing proper customer service. I had someone processing over 50 invoices a day but I had to sign each and every one before they were sent to the corporate office for payment.

They were all processed within 24 hours of being received as we earned a discount for early payment.

If they weren't approved for payment a letter was sent to the vendor explaining why it wasn't being processed. Since I had a rather low hourly pay but still managed to earn a six figure income through bonuses based on keeping my payroll in line, inventory at proper levels, exceeding sales goals and a percentage of the bottom line profits I probably do have an idea of what it takes to run a business.

OP:Your complaint is with the independent creditor Lowe's does business with, Not with Lowe's.

@Anonymous

Yes, it is with an independent credit company but they represent Lowes. All payments were made on time.

@anonymous

Your complaint mentions 2 late payments, how could all payments be made on time?

View more comments (18)
Review
#1205233 Review #1205233 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Lowes Credit Card
Problems with payment

Lowes review: Poor Customer Service

Ordered carpet and vinyl flooring from Lowe's on E. 25th Street, Indianapolis, IN. Paid for everything and they delivered the vinyl flooring but NEVER called to schedule installation. A week passed and they hadn't called to schedule installation of the carpet or the vinyl. We called the store at least 3 times and were told each time that they would contact installers. Finally, we went to the store and demanded a full refund. Something has happened at this location that used to be top notch. Not sure if it's management or corporate but it sucks now. They were supposed to pick up the vinyl that had already been delivered to our home. When we finally called to see why it hadn't been picked up, we were told that they hadn't received instructions to pick the material up. DUH! May never shop with them again.
Review
#1205193 Review #1205193 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Customer Care
Lowes review - Don't purchase anything requiring installation from Lowe's
This complaint is primarily about the Lowe's Central Production Office (CPO), i.e. the Lowe's Central Installation Office. On January 16th, Lowe's contractor started a carpet install. They finished around noon on January 18th. Upon inspection, and before signing off on...

It will never get better untill they quit going with installation companys

View more comments
Review
#1205087 Review #1205087 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Carpet Installation
Cons
  • Not a thing terrible company

Avoid Lowes Credit

Do NOT Use. If you use it, get your discount, pay the card off and get rid of it. I have stellar credit. I usually use Visa.Discover. I used a Lowes card to get the discount on a large 8000.00 door purchase. I paid it off immediately. thereafter, a few months down the road, had a small charge for maybe twenty bucks that I forgot about, so I was late. Lowes reported to a credit reporting agency. Visa... Mastercard.... Discover has not done that to me...ever.... This recently happened, and next significant purchase, bought our new 4000 refrigerator from Best Buy instead. Closed the Lowe's card and will only use Lowe's in the future, for the small purchases... a thirty dollar drill...that sort of thing. What a horrid company

First of all, Lowes doesn't issue the card, a credit company does and just has Lowes name on it. When you applied for the card you agreed to the terms of the card.

It isn't their fault YOU didn't pay the bill on time. Most companies that issue credit report your payment history to the credit agencies. Either they report you payment as on time or late.

Why are you blaming them for reporting a statement of fact that YOU made your payment late? If you can't handle the responsibility of making your payments on time and accept the consequences when YOU make them late you shouldn't carry credit cards.

Review
#1204952 Review #1204952 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Lowes Credit Card
Problems with payment

Lowes review in Elmira, New York: Refrigerator

Don't ever order a refrigerator from Lowe's. Went there on a Sunday I was told it would be delivered on Friday. Due to a snow storm it they cancelled the delivery which was ok. Thursday night I was charged for the refrigerator. They told me they would call and reschedule never received a phone call. Got charged again for the same refrigerator on Monday morning, so now I'm out $3200 floating on the world called them they didn't even care. Canceled the order still didn't care called them again told me that it would be 3 to 5 days till I got my money back so I am out over $3,200 with $18 in my account and they don't care I love Lowes! (There's so much more to the store but I won't bore you)
Review
#1203871 Review #1203871 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Delivery Service
Order processing issue

Lowes review in Knoxville, Tennessee: Nightmare

Lowes review - Nightmare
2-16-2018 we signed contract to have siding, gutters and a new door installed. Purchase price $15,000.00. Like to have never gotten it in. One excuse was that the people who was to actually make the siding forgot to look at their fax machine. When finally it did come in, it was a week before delivered to the wrong address and part of that was missing. It was two more days to get them to come and move the siding and gutters plus missing items to our address. As of this date our door that we order is still not in. The installers don't come out when they are suppose to. Immigration problems is what they told us. HHHMMMM. They have covered up where light fixtures and outside electrical outlets. Cut some wires for light fixtures so short I am not sure they will be able to put it back without a electrician. One light outside light fixture is just hanging down and won't come on. I was told that the screw is now too short to put the light back up. That I need to go buy some longer screws. I did. But no one has bothered to put it back up nor make sure it works now. (This was a new light only bought back in January of this year.) Left trim off of parts of the house. Put siding on the house where you can not open a gate that goes into a storage area and broke the latch off of same gate. only have done the bottom part of the house. One area they actually trimmed off the bottom story from the second story with some kind of crazy looking V shaped trim like here is where we stop. Wasted so much material that really not sure that there is going to be enough when the second story is finally done. Trim is crooked and patched, bent outward. Only trimmed out some of the windows but haven't even tried wrapping them. I have taken somewhere between 30 and 40 pictures of the crazy looking stuff that has been done. Today was a beautiful Monday did they show up. NO. Now raining tonight, tomorrow and possibly into Wednesday.

Lowes hires the cheapest contractors they can. That is why you will get poor quality work most of the time.

That house has been sitting there for a hundred years - what's the hurry ? .................ADVICE : next time, don't go with the lowest bidder ; use a reputable service.

View more comments (1)
Featured
Review
#1203662 Review #1203662 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Door Installation
Cons
  • Read the complaint
installers