Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes review in Knoxville, Tennessee: Nightmare

Lowes review - Nightmare
2-16-2018 we signed contract to have siding, gutters and a new door installed. Purchase price $15,000.00. Like to have never gotten it in. One excuse was that the people who was to actually make the siding forgot to look at their fax machine. When finally it did come in, it was a week before delivered to the wrong address and part of that was missing. It was two more days to get them to come and move the siding and gutters plus missing items to our address. As of this date our door that we order is still not in. The installers don't come out when they are suppose to. Immigration problems is what they told us. HHHMMMM. They have covered up where light fixtures and outside electrical outlets. Cut some wires for light fixtures so short I am not sure they will be able to put it back without a electrician. One light outside light fixture is just hanging down and won't come on. I was told that the screw is now too short to put the light back up. That I need to go buy some longer screws. I did. But no one has bothered to put it back up nor make sure it works now. (This was a new light only bought back in January of this year.) Left trim off of parts of the house. Put siding on the house where you can not open a gate that goes into a storage area and broke the latch off of same gate. only have done the bottom part of the house. One area they actually trimmed off the bottom story from the second story with some kind of crazy looking V shaped trim like here is where we stop. Wasted so much material that really not sure that there is going to be enough when the second story is finally done. Trim is crooked and patched, bent outward. Only trimmed out some of the windows but haven't even tried wrapping them. I have taken somewhere between 30 and 40 pictures of the crazy looking stuff that has been done. Today was a beautiful Monday did they show up. NO. Now raining tonight, tomorrow and possibly into Wednesday.

Lowes hires the cheapest contractors they can. That is why you will get poor quality work most of the time.

That house has been sitting there for a hundred years - what's the hurry ? .................ADVICE : next time, don't go with the lowest bidder ; use a reputable service.

View more comments (1)
Featured
Review
#1203662 Review #1203662 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Door Installation
Cons
  • Read the complaint
installers
Price reduction

Lowes review in Wentzville, Missouri: Freaking nightmare.

We contracted lowe's to install a fence. We signed the contract 12 3 17. 3 4 18 no fence. We forced them to cancel the contract and refund the credit card amount. You can get out of the contract if they don't fulfill their end of the contract. It was very easy.

This is my second go around with them as that I cannot get anyone to call me back. The contractor I got this time, turns out to be one of the contractors on my list that I contacted myself.

Not worthy of a call back, but hey, he can get the job from Lowe's. First time around, say 12 years back or so, same fence idea, just under 2 grand. Was one of the first to get on Lowe's fence install list and by end of year, got a call saying they would be over right away next spring to do a new estimate and I would just have to pay the difference. Right.

Let them have my money for a whole year and not do the job.The time, same fence, triple the cost, pay up front 2 months after contacting and paying for the fence. I still have no scheduled install date.I have a hard time wondering if anyone understands logistics anymore.

Review
#1202691 Review #1202691 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Fence Installation

Lowes review in Columbus, Georgia: Shotty service

Used their credit card when I got a refund back to card could not get the cash or money wired back to my checking account. Had to wait 15 days for a paper check. Their rebate check they said they sent never showed up I’m out 150 and they where suppose to sent affidavit for a replacement never got it. {{Redacted}} Lowe’s

There are a number of problems with your complaint. 1st...nobody gives you cash back when you used a credit card to make the purchase, you will get credit back on the card.

2nd...if you hadn't waited so long to make the return it would have just canceled out the purchase.

3rd...why are you complaining about Lowes and not the credit card company that issued your card? It is the credit company that would have sent the check, not Lowes.

Review
#1200864 Review #1200864 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Lowes Credit Card
Cons
  • Gave us the run around
Problems with payment

Lowes review in Oaks, Pennsylvania: Rebate Gift Card Scam

3.2
We purchased a Samsung kitchen appliance suite back in June of 2017. There was a $300 rebate offer, which we qualified for. After two months of waiting for the rebate, we called them multiple times and were told it was being processed. We checked on line and it says it was being processed. We even had the Lowe's store manager call them and couldn't get an answer. We just received the rebate gift card in the mail today, six months later, and the card had already expired in January. Called the support call center and they say they can't do anything. They even said that they had no records of us calling. What kind of company does something like this? Sounds like a big scam. Person at the call center was not helpful at all and told us that we let the card expire.

They did the same thing to us. Once we got a physical card it was bogus! I will never buy another product from them again.

I found the first response extremely insightful. I believe his (what I imagine to be a he) use of Screw various, and creative.

They screwed me also one year later I’m out $150 return the stuff don’t believe you will get it they screwed me till it was past the 90 day point of return. They are going to loose a lot of business not only you got screwed

View more comments (2)
Review
#1200798 Review #1200798 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Rebate
Cons
  • Rebate card arrived and was expired
Rebate is a scam
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • rebate rip off
  • Rebate Failure
  • Rebate Program

Lowes review: My merchandise has not been delivered after several attempt.

3.6
The date of purchase was Feb. 18, 2018 at 6pm at Lowes Store located at Kingsley Avenue, Orange Park, Fl 32073. The original schedule date was on Feb. 27, 2018 between 7-9pm. While we are at work they claimed they arrived in the house at around 4:30 pm. They leave a message to the front door saying that they missed me and that they tried to call me on the same time. That is way way ahead of a schedule time. I called the Customer Service who contacted them and told me that they are to be delivered by 8pm on the same day. So I've waited for several hours but nobody came. I called again and they told me that it was impossible to deliver the item. So they re-reschedule me again the next day after 4pm. Again nobody show up. I called again the Cust. Service and told me that they cant deliver the same. Again a certain Dave a Asst. Store Mgr. Assured me that he will personally make sure that it will be delivered the next day between 3-4:30 pm. Again nobody came. I called the Cust. Service and I spoke directly to the Store Mgr. Mr. James. And he told me that the same will not be delivered as scheduled. And he said that they tried to contact me while we are at work and nobody at home and that they did not leave a message. You will see here how irresponsible these people are. They made me wait and hopeful that finally my order will be delivered. I was really mad and pissed off. This is unacceptable. Right now I don't know what to do with them.

I am in the same boat! Order online and Lowe's told us different stories "4 time"!

It is delaying the kitchen project almost a month. We are still waiting for the kitchen sink to arrive.

The Lowe's promise the delivery to our house yesterday and it didn't delivery yesterday!Lowe's! Listen, you won't get our business anymore!

Review
#1200763 Review #1200763 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Personnel not knowing what to do or there jobs
  • Just delay and then delay some more
  • Service
Problem with delivery
Tags
  • Lowes Very Poor Customer Service

Done with Lowes

I ordered my carper before Thanksgiving, but wasn't installed until mid to late December. Longer wait but not my number one issue. Lowe's did not order enough carpet to also carpet my walk-in closet. It is now almost March and I still don't have my closet carpeted! I also didn't notice at the time that two vents were not cut out in my living room. I called within the week of it being installed and staff told me they would inform the carpet installers and get it fixed. Two months later, my vents are still covered and closet still no carpet. This is beyond ridiculous. We have called and left messages, emailed. Still no carpet. I paid thousands for this and would like the job completed as stated in my contract!
Review
#1199833 Review #1199833 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Carpet Installation
Order processing issue

Lowes review in Millville, New Jersey: Awful employees!

3.5
Less than a year ago I bought a nice refrigerator at Lowes. Now I need a new washing machine. Found one on their website that would work for me so I went back to the store. As I walked into the appliance area, three salespeople are sitting at a desk talking about how customers keep coming up and interrupting them. I figured they were busy so I walked around looking for the washer I wanted. Within minutes the table was empty and all three guys were gone. I wandered the area but could find no one. About 15 minutes went by. There were other people walking around without any help. Finally one of the guys walked back in the area. An older woman looked at me and said, you were here before us. And I said "I hope I am not interrupting the sales people like I heard them talking before." The sales guy said "we were just joking". I said I did not take it that way. I said I have been waiting for someone and it should not have been this long of a wait. He said he was helping someone. I said I walked the entire area and no one was here. He said he did not like my attitude and would find someone else to help me. The woman said "you can't talk to a customer like that" and he said he could. I said I was going to Home Depot. And I did and bought a machine there. Never again will I go in a Lowes!

Awful experience at Lowe's in Arlington Heights, IL. Purchased a fence with a "lifelong warrantee" that the store won't honor.

Fence was poorly installed and of poor quality. And, now they will no longer honor their warrantee. Their explanation? There is a new manager who is "unfamiliar" with "products sold under a different manager".

We have our receipt of purchase in writing and are now considering taking them to court.

STRONGLY advise everyone to avoid Lowe's. No wonder they are about to go out of business...treat customers this way and of course no one will want to do business with them....

Review
#1199165 Review #1199165 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Sales Representative
Cons
  • Any of the appliance employees
Poor customer service
Fire the guys in the appliance area... all 3

Lowes review in South Point, Ohio: One month wait for Refrigerator order!!!!!

Purchase on Feb 13, of refrigerator not in stock in store, which is referred to as "special order" although it is clearly on their website. Given a delivery date of Feb. 28. Feb. 27th call informs me that delivery cannot be accomplished for two more weeks. I do not have a second refrigerator available for use. Could have purchased this item at Best Buy at same price but chose to buy at my local store very near my home. 4 weeks is 3 weeks too long to wait for such a necessary appliance, as well as Lowes received full payment the day of the order. I called the customer service number. Nice representative told me she would contact the local store and put me on hold. After a wait of approx. 22 minutes I was cut off the call. Lowes, your downward business trajectory is your own doing. I am going to Best Buy.

Why don’t you go to a local mom and pop store. Most have same day delivery since they don’t contract out their delivery. I would never buy a delivery item from a big box store.

If you need an appliance right away buy one that is in stock at the store. There is a good chance you ordered an LG refrigerator for the order to take so long.

You do realize LG is made in Korea, don't you? If they don't have it in the US warehouse it has to come from Korea which will take 3-4 weeks if its in stock in their warehouse in Korea.

If not you have to wait till more get built and shipped....who knows when that will be. The stores are at the mercy of LG and they aren't very good at communicating when the appliance will actually ship.

@Anonymous

I guess Whirlpool must be made in Australia because it took 2 1/2 weeks to get mine when the original delivery date was one week from purchase. No help or explanation from the local store crew.

@Anonymous

Whirlpool delivers out of their warehouse once a week. If the warehouse is out of stock the packing list will show backordered and it will show up the next week if it's in stock. Yes you see some delays but you don't have to wait for it to come on a boat from Korea.

View more comments (3)
Review
#1198954 Review #1198954 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Delivery Service

Don't use Lowes Home Improvement Services

We thought going with Lowes would make our kitchen renovation a dream… it was a total nightmare. My wife and I own 5 properties and I’ve had hundreds of thousands of dollars of work done over the years. However my regular contractor moved away & I didn’t know who to call to have our kitchen renovated. I’ve never used a big box store & after this experience I will never use Lowes again. I have to say that Mike Leonard (designer) and Russel Fitzgibbons (sales) were both knowledgeable & very helpful until the end. The reason we went with a big box store is we were sold a lie. We were told that by having Lowes do everything we’d save sales tax on everything (cabinets/appliances which was true) & that all the contractors who came to our house would be licensed, insured and background checked (not true we had the most incompetent, unlicensed people, uninsured workers that showed up to do work). Yes the subcontractor for Lowes has insurance and is licensed, but then to save money they get whomever they can to do the work & they do it as fast as they can. We had $60K+ renovation (down to the studs) and permits weren’t obtained, floors weren’t leveled, walls weren’t prepped, cabinets were literally thrown up without measuring etc. Less than halfway through the project we couldn’t take it any more. The subcontractor for Lowes put in a hood vent, cut *** in the roof & that night rain water poured into the attic! When I contacted the contractor they wanted to just caulk it & they weren’t sure if it was their fault! Our house was a disaster area & we didn’t know where to turn, but things were so bad, we would rather take our chances with the unknown than with Lowes. I had kept a log of the issues with Homerun Handyman who Lowes hired & sent this over to Lowes Corporate, thinking they would be helpful and understanding. The reaction from corporate Lowes was appalling! After Shanjae from Lowes Corporate read the issues that we had with the sub-contractors poor workmanship and “shaking us down” for more money (outside of the Lowes contract) we felt they would be as upset as we were. Corporate wasn’t upset at all… in fact they told us we waited too long to contact them & they never had an issue with this contractor before (which wasn’t true). As it turned out Homerun Handyman’s electrician told us of a major issue Lowes/Homerun Handman had with another police office and a kitchen remodel. At one point Lowes Corporate even contemplated calling the police on us when we asked to have their subcontractors tools picked up… they felt we were refusing to give back the tools? The bottom line: Lowes in my opinion & the opinion of contractors I’ve talked with hire contractors that are willing to work for lower rates. As a result, the consumer suffers from rushed jobs and inexperienced or inept contractors. Don’t think you are going to save money… you won’t. What ever contract you negotiate, it’s going to cost you more. Don’t think that you are going to be covered by Lowes Corporate for anything that goes wrong… when things went wrong with our job… they didn’t care and didn’t help.

We just cancelled our kitchen remodel With Lowe’s, and are back to square one. The kitchen designer has to be one of the most disorganized people I’ve ever met, and was either late or completely missed every meeting.

When we were blown off for the last time all they cared about was getting their fee for measuring for cabinets.

I told them that their disorganization and lack of professionalism was why they lost the job so not to hold their breath waiting to be paid. After reading these other comments, we seem to have dodged a bullet.

Update: We ordered and paid in full for custom kitchen cabinets from Lowe's 294 days (OVER 9 MONTHS!!!) ago and so far, it has cost us more than $10,000 beyond what we agreed to pay. There has been so many problems it's not even funny.

The craftsmanship has been horrid, 4 of the cabinets needed replaced due to the installers. They've also managed to break 2 brand new appliances, run over my mailbox and STOLE STUFF FROM MY TOOLBOX (Yes, I have video footage).

Me too, my whole living room downstairs, could have been flooded during the night because of non licensed plumber booking up our water line from refrigerator to waterline in the line above living area below. Contractor fired.

Still 180 days later, Avery small kitchen, and 25k paid feb 18 to Roanoke, va, yes I’ve contacted about 4 different agents at corporate in Indianapolis so many times. It’s a joke. My countertop still not in, tricked by sales person putting in a sink that looks like it came out of trailer with the 3k quartz countertop. It still hasn’t been resolved.

I had to pay a professional plumber to fix the wrong plumbing with refrigerator water line. I’m waiting one more week. Before looking for alternative measures to rectify this horrible remodel. Seems from all I’ve read, that I’m not the only person to be fooled by Lowe’s.

All problems also documented since day one.

I hope this will help anyone in the future from making the same mistakes I have. Best of luck to everyone.

We wish we had seen this before we purchased from Lowe's. Our experience so far has been nothing short of HORRIBLE.

We ordered and paid in full for custom kitchen cabinets from Lowe's 180 days ago. They still aren't done.

Installers have ruined cabinets that needed re-ordered, broken an appliance in the process and left our house a disaster. From the Lowe's side, they drop the ball at every opportunity and will sell you on a process that you won't get.See photos and read my Lowe's kitchen cabinet review: https://myloweskitchencabinets.com/

View more comments (3)
Review
#1198404 Review #1198404 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Kitchen Remodeling
Work Experience or Job Application
$20000
Full refund

Lowes review: ABSOLUTELY THE WORST POSSIBLE PRO SERVICES PERSON EVER (TONI) IN BEAUMONT TEXAS STORE

IF YOU DON'T MIND BEING PUT ON HOLD FOR 45 MINUTES TO LOOK FOR A MISSING ORDER - THIS IS YOUR STORE. THIS PERSON DOES NOT BELONG IN CUSTOMER SERVICE, PERIOD. SHE WAS SNIPPY WITH US AND FAILED TO RESOLVE OUR ISSUE. WE HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH THIS STORE (WESCO) AND THEY NEVER CAN FIND OUR ACCOUNT IN THE COMPUTER. THEY ARE IDIOTS. ONLY A HALF STEP ABOVE THE HOME DEPOT CREW, WHO ARE JUST AS CHALLENGED . I HAVE ORDERED SEVERAL APPLIANCES FROM THIS STORE AND THERE IS ALWAYS A PROBLEM. THEY CALL US TO TELL US TO SEND A DRIVER TO COME PICK UP, THEN WHEN HE GETS THERE, THEY CAN'T FIND THE ORDER. I WORK IN A SERVICE INDUSTRY WHERE RETURN BUSINESS PAYS MY BILLS. ITS A FAR CRY FROM THE WAY THIS STORE KEEPS PEOPLE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH ZERO PEOPLE SKILLS. WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM THE MANAGER OF THIS STORE TONI REFUSED TO GIVE US HIS NAME. REGARDS MIKE MONROE WESCO DISTRIBUTION 842-6400
Review
#1198264 Review #1198264 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Customer Care