store service customer service customer home manager home depot order depot money

Don't waste your time!!! | Lowes review

Our lowes store is a total mess if you place an online order. We ordered an upright freezer last month. We received a delivery date and everything. The day came and we got no delivery. i called the next day and they had no record of our order. Turns out they cancelled our order because they said they were out of stock and never notified us. All they do on the phone is give you the run around. It took me going to the store to get it resolved. Because i didnt learn the first time two weeks ago we placed another online order for an area rug. It was supposed to be at the store for pickup on April 3. Well i called about it and they told me they don't know where it is. They deal with a third party distributor and they can't track the order i placed 2 weeks ago. They have no clue where it is or when it would even get here. So i ended up cancelling this order and I'll go elsewhere. I called the customer service line at corporate tonight. The man i talked to was very arrogant which just ticked me off more. I said well because of your stores incompetence you just lost a sale and all future business from us. His reply was ok we wont miss your business we have plenty of customers. Really thats a great way to treat a now former customer.

Ditto. But we were “lucky” enough to get a loaner washer.

It wouldn’t drain, so I diagnosed it based on error codes and past problem reviews with this particular brand. You would not believe what I found in the drain filter/coin trap....going to use the documentation as high and as viral as it takes.....a picture speaks a thousand words.

Obviously they don't need your business. Go somewhere else. But i would be willing to bet that you did something to trigger their bad attitude.

Paul E
@Anonymous

Sounds like you could work for Lowe's. Hopefully you don't run into the same situation or you will see what we had to deal with.

If you are going to pick a product up at a store go to the store and order it. That way the order will be in the stores records.

When you order products on-line the order is in a separate system.

They don't always talk well with each other. Not just Lowes, but pretty much the same at other stores as well.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Home Delivery Service

The worst customer service ever | Lowes review from Catonsville, Maryland

The girl working at customer service was rude and she even curse me because she thought I would not understand because of English. Her coworkers heard her and they supported her and they all turned against me til the manager came and told her to return my item. I purchased some 400 pieces of bricks on sale, I picked up 200 and said I will come back later. The lady at check out was like it is cool just give them your phone number that is all. I was like are you sure don’t I need a special receipt or confirmation number. She was like no we do this all the time. So I left when I came back to do so. She acted like I am lying and said they have to check the camera and everything I was like okay. Let is do that. Then she throw the receipt at me and said wait till the manager comes. The she look at the coworker said look at this clown. I return and said what did you say to me? She was like nothing. But the coworker and her were giggling.
Machele

Go to the main Lowe's website---do a search for it---and complain about this location to corporate. The girls at customer service probably thought from you appearance/dress that you were just some itinerant guy from who-knows-where who couldn't speak English.

They need to be reprimanded, but corporate Lowe's needs to know what is going on at this store. I know how you feel---back when I was a shepherd working with sheep, some people thought I was just some dump goat-herder who was dressed oddly and spoke "differently."

@Machele

Yeah your money is worth a little more respect at the least. They were *** and the main office should be told about it.

Lowes Customer Care

Out of this world | Lowes review

Order unhappy customer merchandise in February have not received it yet here it is April and still have not received it talk to the company keeps saying that they are going to order it over and over again

Why does Pissed consumer allow these short text message complaints? They require you type 50 words to respond.

The complaints should be required to provide some basic information as to what caused the problem in the first place. This person probably ordered a product made in another country that just takes a lot of time to get here for all we know.

Lowes Shipping Service

Store 0725 | Lowes review from Southwest Ranches, Florida

Nelson one of the managers there is rudest man I’ve ever met! He works around with an angry face all day sucking out the positive energy out of people. He doesn’t greet anyone! Very unfriendly! Multiple times I’ve walked by him and said hello and he walks past you with an ugly face. Please stay away from this grumpy old man.
Lowes Manager

Sorry customer service | Lowes review

Lowe’s in meridian ms. Has the worst service in American. Manager is the problem. People walking around not working,and no clue what to do about anything. They have no knowledge of any products. They have to call someone else and they usually can’t help you. I’m done. They suck.
Lowes Manager

Terrible | Lowes review

4.4
I ordered kitchen countertops on sale. They called me and told me the countertops have to be removed so they can measure.I would have to wait 10 12 days for them to install them. I didn't like that, so I cancelled them. We get a call today 4/4/2018 they would give me $240.00 and they will remove the old countertop. Sounds good right. Wrong ,my husband goes back to lowes after he gets there they tell him he cannot get the sale price because its over. It was gonna cost us more money. I thought the customer should be taken care of. ...T hank you Mr & Mrs Nicholas Gazzo maryanng4219@yahoo.com
Lowes Customer Care
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Damaged merchandise/order/receiveq | Lowes review from Austin, Texas

2.2
Custom interior door: Installer measured 10/2/17 Quote received 10/5/17 Ordered door 10/10/17 Complaint: Lowes called That door was in which was expected11/6/18. Installer went to pick up door and door dept told him they could NOT find it. Said it was lost! Reordered door. Said it would be in 1/2018. Lowes called it was in. When installer went to get door, it was DAMAGED! They asked to reorder a 3rd time and we said absolutely not. We went to competitor. We have told our our friends and neighbors DO NOT order anything custom from Lowes especially “custom”! I did not listen to my gut which said DO NOT order ANYTHING from Lowes again. Stupid me did it anyway! U ordered s dishwasher in 2/10/18. Received call that one was on backorder until 8/18! Picked another one and it came in damaged. The third time reordered it came in damaged again! Fourth time the appliance dept offered me an upgraded dishwasher for the horrible customer service. It did come in undamaged andcwas installer 4/4/18. The only good thing about this scenario I that we did get upgrade and the installer John Collins was awesome! Your timeline for delivering a product in a timely manner to a customer and NOT damaged is Rated a big fat ZERO! You guys need to get your act together as I’ve talked to many many people and they have had similar incidents with Lowes. There are competitors who do an incredibly better job than Lowes even though their prices might be $50 more. We are very disappointed and won’t be buying any big items there again. I think we might be safe buying paint brushes, garden hoses, etc. Things that you can look at with your own eyeballs. I have ALL the paperwork and you do too. Oh and forgot to say when we tried to get the door refunds!! The customer service desk basically rolled there eyes as they can’t be bothered with this problem and then after we waited about 10 minutes at the desk someone came and did the refund transaction so fast, without explaining that we had to go home and review that it was corrected right and ALL the paid up front (merchandise, labor, installer estimate, other accessories needed for installation was refunded. If this happened to you personally how would you feel about shopping here again.
Lowes Door Installation

Siding installation | Lowes review from North Canton, Ohio

2.1
Siding installation - Lowes review
Ordered siding through Lowe’s installation in June of 2016. Also ordered gutters and a deck to be installed. Deck was finally installed beginning of September 2016 because the installer for that was tired of waiting for the siding to get done. Mind you, we’ve been calling every week or so starting in August to find out when we were going to get our siding that was supposed to be installed in July. Every time we called they would tell us the siding installer should be there on such-in-such date. Every time the installer didn’t show. No siding was ever even delivered to our home until December of 2016, and it wasn’t installed until January of 2017. 7 months of a siding install and they do it in the middle of winter. Needless to say, the job was horrendous. When spring came, it was obvious just how bad it was—crooked and not level siding, warped siding, siding falling off when it rained (not a huge storm, just rain), and damage to our chimney which led to water damage in one room of our home. We contacted Lowe’s immediately. This was spring on 2017. It wasn’t fixed until March of 2018. Almost 2 years after the initial order and we are still dealing with this! They offered us $1000 in compensation, that’s it, for a $20000 job it took them 2 years to complete to our “satisfaction “. The exact words from the supposed head of the complaint department, Sayquan, were “You said yourself you were satisfied with the work”. We see our lawyer next week.

Lowes has absolutely NO control over their subcontractors. I learned the hard way that you should NEVER pay for the complete job to include the labor before the job is done.

Hire a local company to do the work and then you only pay when the job is complete .At Lowes you pay for the whole job labor and all and then have no recourse if the subcontractor does not complete the job correctly.Your screwed unless the contractor comes back, as Lowes cannot make them do anything.NEVER have Lowes install anything ! !

! !

@David

We got an exorbitant quote from them to install Hardie siding. I called the woman who scheduled the appointment and asked if Lowe’s sold Hardie siding.

She said they did. I told her I was not happy with the quote. She said you could buy the material from Lowe’s and have a third party install. They will come and measure.

I said your man has measured already. She said we don’t share our measurements with that Dept.

WTFSo Lowe’s has no control over installers. Can’t even get measurements from them.Avoid them!

Lowes Siding Installation

Cashier | Lowes review from Chico, California

4.7
In general, I love Lowes. Always seems to be a friendly staff person available to help you find stuff. That's great, and that's why I keep coming back. But it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch. At a check out aisle, I only had two small PVC adapters I wanted to buy (value -- a couple of dollars). Apparently, that little purchase raised her suspicions. She asked me, "Only those two items"? The question made me feel like she didn't trust me and thought I might be trying to steal something (hidden in my pocket or somewhere or there might be something else wrong with my purchase). Who knows? But the question put me on the defensive. Here I am trying to support their business, and the cashier disrespects me. That's why I frequently consider shopping at Amazon since they don't want to ding shoppers with micro-aggressive questions that make them feel like a thief or otherwise devalued. Lowes, please train/retrain cashiers to show as much respect for customers who spend two dollars and much as customers who pay two thousand dollars (let store security handle shoplifters). A lousy cashier can ruin an entire shopping experience. So, stop asking that type of question. It's offensive. Lowes tries hard to serve the community’s home improvement needs. So, I’m confident they’ll do something about an occasional bad apple.

Lol, micro-aggressive questions. Pull the stick out if your *** my friend. You think way to much of your self

“micro-aggressive questions” That’s a new one. Where did you get that term from, your shrink?

Relax and take your medication.

I’m sure it was an innocent question. Quit being so micro-sensitive.

Your an idiot. Please, this must be a joke. No one can be this dumb.

OMFG, are you kidding me? She asked you “only those two items” probably to try to engage you in conversation about your project/task.

Why is theft automatically where your mind goes?

Sounds to me like you have a guilty conscience. I also bet you’ve never worked w the general public.

@WOW

I don't want to be engaged in any casual conversation when I interact with a cashier. A pleasant smile from him/her would more than suffice.

Oh, yes, if anyone has a guilty conscience, it would be the cashier. Most folks who work the cash register are fine, but some of them may have to deal with their unconscious biases, and this is something Lowe's needs to monitor or they can forget about my comment and I'll just shop elsewhere. No problem!

G.B. America that we have so many choices!

@Anonymous

"lways seems to be a friendly staff person "Then you negate your first comment about friendly people. DB's such as yourself are the reason we have cashiers and such that don't want to be friendly not knowing what kind of @#$# a *** like you is on that day.Stay home next time loser.

@Anonymous

"Always seems to be a friendly staff person available to help you find stuff" is a true statement. I never said there always seems to be a friendly cashier available at the register.

No "negation" here.Sadly, you are giving a reason why you are unfriendly instead of apologizing for being that way.

Customers pick up on that unfriendly attitude and avoid shopping at certain stores or avoid certain cashier lanes. The tone of your comments says it all!

View more comments (6)
Lowes Cashier
Pros
  • Salesman
Cons
  • Cashier

Absolutely HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER USE THEM | Lowes review

The most horrible service for credit cards. I cannot descrie how awful they treated me and they just do not respect their clients. Horrible all around -do yourself a favor and simply use their competitors. You will save yourself hours of aggravation.

What a poor complaint? Is your complaint about the process of using a credit card at Lowes or is it about the card itself.

If it is about the card you are complaining in the wrong place.

Lowes has nothing to to with your credit account other than accepting the card as a form of payment. If you are going to post a complaint tell the story of what your problem is.

Lowe's does not issue credit cards. They accept cards issued from Synchrony Bank that have a Lowe's logo printed on the front of them.

Your problem is with a bank.

But it was probably your fault anyway, let's be real. Let me guess, you missed a payment and they had the nerve to charge you a late fee?

Product