Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes review in Millville, New Jersey: Awful employees!

3.5
Less than a year ago I bought a nice refrigerator at Lowes. Now I need a new washing machine. Found one on their website that would work for me so I went back to the store. As I walked into the appliance area, three salespeople are sitting at a desk talking about how customers keep coming up and interrupting them. I figured they were busy so I walked around looking for the washer I wanted. Within minutes the table was empty and all three guys were gone. I wandered the area but could find no one. About 15 minutes went by. There were other people walking around without any help. Finally one of the guys walked back in the area. An older woman looked at me and said, you were here before us. And I said "I hope I am not interrupting the sales people like I heard them talking before." The sales guy said "we were just joking". I said I did not take it that way. I said I have been waiting for someone and it should not have been this long of a wait. He said he was helping someone. I said I walked the entire area and no one was here. He said he did not like my attitude and would find someone else to help me. The woman said "you can't talk to a customer like that" and he said he could. I said I was going to Home Depot. And I did and bought a machine there. Never again will I go in a Lowes!

Awful experience at Lowe's in Arlington Heights, IL. Purchased a fence with a "lifelong warrantee" that the store won't honor.

Fence was poorly installed and of poor quality. And, now they will no longer honor their warrantee. Their explanation? There is a new manager who is "unfamiliar" with "products sold under a different manager".

We have our receipt of purchase in writing and are now considering taking them to court.

STRONGLY advise everyone to avoid Lowe's. No wonder they are about to go out of business...treat customers this way and of course no one will want to do business with them....

Review
#1199165 Review #1199165 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Sales Representative
Cons
  • Any of the appliance employees
Fire the guys in the appliance area... all 3

Lowes review in South Point, Ohio: One month wait for Refrigerator order!!!!!

Purchase on Feb 13, of refrigerator not in stock in store, which is referred to as "special order" although it is clearly on their website. Given a delivery date of Feb. 28. Feb. 27th call informs me that delivery cannot be accomplished for two more weeks. I do not have a second refrigerator available for use. Could have purchased this item at Best Buy at same price but chose to buy at my local store very near my home. 4 weeks is 3 weeks too long to wait for such a necessary appliance, as well as Lowes received full payment the day of the order. I called the customer service number. Nice representative told me she would contact the local store and put me on hold. After a wait of approx. 22 minutes I was cut off the call. Lowes, your downward business trajectory is your own doing. I am going to Best Buy.

Why don’t you go to a local mom and pop store. Most have same day delivery since they don’t contract out their delivery. I would never buy a delivery item from a big box store.

If you need an appliance right away buy one that is in stock at the store. There is a good chance you ordered an LG refrigerator for the order to take so long.

You do realize LG is made in Korea, don't you? If they don't have it in the US warehouse it has to come from Korea which will take 3-4 weeks if its in stock in their warehouse in Korea.

If not you have to wait till more get built and shipped....who knows when that will be. The stores are at the mercy of LG and they aren't very good at communicating when the appliance will actually ship.

@Anonymous

I guess Whirlpool must be made in Australia because it took 2 1/2 weeks to get mine when the original delivery date was one week from purchase. No help or explanation from the local store crew.

@Anonymous

Whirlpool delivers out of their warehouse once a week. If the warehouse is out of stock the packing list will show backordered and it will show up the next week if it's in stock. Yes you see some delays but you don't have to wait for it to come on a boat from Korea.

View more comments (3)
Review
#1198954 Review #1198954 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Delivery Service
Order processing issue

Don't use Lowes Home Improvement Services

We thought going with Lowes would make our kitchen renovation a dream… it was a total nightmare. My wife and I own 5 properties and I’ve had hundreds of thousands of dollars of work done over the years. However my regular contractor moved away & I didn’t know who to call to have our kitchen renovated. I’ve never used a big box store & after this experience I will never use Lowes again. I have to say that Mike Leonard (designer) and Russel Fitzgibbons (sales) were both knowledgeable & very helpful until the end. The reason we went with a big box store is we were sold a lie. We were told that by having Lowes do everything we’d save sales tax on everything (cabinets/appliances which was true) & that all the contractors who came to our house would be licensed, insured and background checked (not true we had the most incompetent, unlicensed people, uninsured workers that showed up to do work). Yes the subcontractor for Lowes has insurance and is licensed, but then to save money they get whomever they can to do the work & they do it as fast as they can. We had $60K+ renovation (down to the studs) and permits weren’t obtained, floors weren’t leveled, walls weren’t prepped, cabinets were literally thrown up without measuring etc. Less than halfway through the project we couldn’t take it any more. The subcontractor for Lowes put in a hood vent, cut *** in the roof & that night rain water poured into the attic! When I contacted the contractor they wanted to just caulk it & they weren’t sure if it was their fault! Our house was a disaster area & we didn’t know where to turn, but things were so bad, we would rather take our chances with the unknown than with Lowes. I had kept a log of the issues with Homerun Handyman who Lowes hired & sent this over to Lowes Corporate, thinking they would be helpful and understanding. The reaction from corporate Lowes was appalling! After Shanjae from Lowes Corporate read the issues that we had with the sub-contractors poor workmanship and “shaking us down” for more money (outside of the Lowes contract) we felt they would be as upset as we were. Corporate wasn’t upset at all… in fact they told us we waited too long to contact them & they never had an issue with this contractor before (which wasn’t true). As it turned out Homerun Handyman’s electrician told us of a major issue Lowes/Homerun Handman had with another police office and a kitchen remodel. At one point Lowes Corporate even contemplated calling the police on us when we asked to have their subcontractors tools picked up… they felt we were refusing to give back the tools? The bottom line: Lowes in my opinion & the opinion of contractors I’ve talked with hire contractors that are willing to work for lower rates. As a result, the consumer suffers from rushed jobs and inexperienced or inept contractors. Don’t think you are going to save money… you won’t. What ever contract you negotiate, it’s going to cost you more. Don’t think that you are going to be covered by Lowes Corporate for anything that goes wrong… when things went wrong with our job… they didn’t care and didn’t help.

We just cancelled our kitchen remodel With Lowe’s, and are back to square one. The kitchen designer has to be one of the most disorganized people I’ve ever met, and was either late or completely missed every meeting.

When we were blown off for the last time all they cared about was getting their fee for measuring for cabinets.

I told them that their disorganization and lack of professionalism was why they lost the job so not to hold their breath waiting to be paid. After reading these other comments, we seem to have dodged a bullet.

Update: We ordered and paid in full for custom kitchen cabinets from Lowe's 294 days (OVER 9 MONTHS!!!) ago and so far, it has cost us more than $10,000 beyond what we agreed to pay. There has been so many problems it's not even funny.

The craftsmanship has been horrid, 4 of the cabinets needed replaced due to the installers. They've also managed to break 2 brand new appliances, run over my mailbox and STOLE STUFF FROM MY TOOLBOX (Yes, I have video footage).

Me too, my whole living room downstairs, could have been flooded during the night because of non licensed plumber booking up our water line from refrigerator to waterline in the line above living area below. Contractor fired.

Still 180 days later, Avery small kitchen, and 25k paid feb 18 to Roanoke, va, yes I’ve contacted about 4 different agents at corporate in Indianapolis so many times. It’s a joke. My countertop still not in, tricked by sales person putting in a sink that looks like it came out of trailer with the 3k quartz countertop. It still hasn’t been resolved.

I had to pay a professional plumber to fix the wrong plumbing with refrigerator water line. I’m waiting one more week. Before looking for alternative measures to rectify this horrible remodel. Seems from all I’ve read, that I’m not the only person to be fooled by Lowe’s.

All problems also documented since day one.

I hope this will help anyone in the future from making the same mistakes I have. Best of luck to everyone.

We wish we had seen this before we purchased from Lowe's. Our experience so far has been nothing short of HORRIBLE.

We ordered and paid in full for custom kitchen cabinets from Lowe's 180 days ago. They still aren't done.

Installers have ruined cabinets that needed re-ordered, broken an appliance in the process and left our house a disaster. From the Lowe's side, they drop the ball at every opportunity and will sell you on a process that you won't get.See photos and read my Lowe's kitchen cabinet review: https://myloweskitchencabinets.com/

View more comments (3)
Review
#1198404 Review #1198404 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Kitchen Remodeling
Work Experience or Job Application
Loss
$20000
Full refund

Lowes review: ABSOLUTELY THE WORST POSSIBLE PRO SERVICES PERSON EVER (TONI) IN BEAUMONT TEXAS STORE

IF YOU DON'T MIND BEING PUT ON HOLD FOR 45 MINUTES TO LOOK FOR A MISSING ORDER - THIS IS YOUR STORE. THIS PERSON DOES NOT BELONG IN CUSTOMER SERVICE, PERIOD. SHE WAS SNIPPY WITH US AND FAILED TO RESOLVE OUR ISSUE. WE HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH THIS STORE (WESCO) AND THEY NEVER CAN FIND OUR ACCOUNT IN THE COMPUTER. THEY ARE IDIOTS. ONLY A HALF STEP ABOVE THE HOME DEPOT CREW, WHO ARE JUST AS CHALLENGED . I HAVE ORDERED SEVERAL APPLIANCES FROM THIS STORE AND THERE IS ALWAYS A PROBLEM. THEY CALL US TO TELL US TO SEND A DRIVER TO COME PICK UP, THEN WHEN HE GETS THERE, THEY CAN'T FIND THE ORDER. I WORK IN A SERVICE INDUSTRY WHERE RETURN BUSINESS PAYS MY BILLS. ITS A FAR CRY FROM THE WAY THIS STORE KEEPS PEOPLE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH ZERO PEOPLE SKILLS. WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM THE MANAGER OF THIS STORE TONI REFUSED TO GIVE US HIS NAME. REGARDS MIKE MONROE WESCO DISTRIBUTION 842-6400
Review
#1198264 Review #1198264 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Customer Care
Poor customer service

Lowes review: Delivery - worst experience ever!!!

I ordered floor tiles from the Chamblee Tucker store in Georgia. The delivery date was scheduled for February 9th. I took a day off work to ensure someone will be home When the tiles get delivered. I received a phone call the night before confirming my delivery for Friday Feb 9th between 8-10am. I waited and waited and at 11 I called the store and they said oh you delivery was rescheduled... I lost it. What kind of customer service is that, to reschedule someone’s delivery without notifying them?! Delivery was reacheduled for Saturday and now I have been sitting at home all day waiting for the damn delivery truck and nobody showed up or called! I’ve called the store at least 10 times today and the management has no clue what they are doing! They said oh you are in truck #2 someone will call you around 1:30-2, it’s now 6pm no call no show, no answer from the store not even the damn operator is picking up. I will never purchase anything from Lowe’s ever again. Horrible Horrible service!!!
Review
#1196977 Review #1196977 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Delivery Service
Order processing issue

Lowes review in Riverview, Florida: Still Waiting!

Signed contract with Lowes on September 2017 to have 6 hurricane sliders installed on our lanai. Payment of over $8,000 was made on day of signing. Windows were installed two days before Thanksgiving of 2017--one window was shattered, but installed with the promise that a new replacement window would be ordered immediately. We were told it would take 6 weeks before the replacement window would be ready for installation. Christmas came and went. Realizing that more than 6 weeks had gone by, I called to find out that the window had never been ordered, but it would be taken care of immediately. I asked the person I spoke with to call me asap with a delivery date--crickets... Called again after a couple of weeks and was told that one individual thought the other individual had placed the order, but it would indeed be ordered immediately. We are now at February 24, 2018, and received a call from Lowes last week that WE could pick up the replacement window. We paid for complete delivery and installation! Am waiting for our salesman to get it straightened out and have the window picked up by the installer and installed. This is 5 months--shattered window, no inspection, case still open!!

I had a 15 window install back in Nov. 2017 and the installer damaged a mulled window (still sitting in house) damaged 2 bedrooms of paneling, put *** in bathroom wall, leaks, damage floor, now mold and mildew.

I tore out the paneling to find that I had holes in my outside wall. Not only are the windows leaking but the water is coming in through the walls. Started notifying the project coordinator on Dec. 1, 2017.

When I finally got someone to give me his e-mail address in Feb. 2018, that's when it went to the insurance. Then the insurance started jerking me around and finally sends me a settlement offer which I refuse to sign because they aren't covering the additional damages, hole in walls, mold mildew, insulation, damage floor. I will continue to fight with Lowe's since they hired a licensed fence, deck and siding installer to install windows.

I can't even stay there due to the dampness and mold and mildew. This case will continue to stay open until they pay for all damages. I asked for them to add in the settlement agreement to include that I could resubmit for additional damages and I would sign the agreement.

Not happening. This is June 2018, please spare yourself from what I am and have been going through, I am retired on limited income while I watch my house coming apart.

Review
#1196888 Review #1196888 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Window Installation
Cons
  • Incompetence
Price reduction

Lowes review in Jacksonville, North Carolina: Poor Customer Service Store 0556 Terminal 36/Manager Wayne Hart

2.9
-RETURN 36963-I approached the returns counter at Lowes, Jacksonville, NC on Western Blvd. at 6:00 pm tonight. I returned some locks that I purchased. The cashier was on another register and she told me that she would be with me in a moment. I said, ok. She appeared to be finishing up something on the register. I did not see anything unreasonable about that, so I waited. As I am waiting another customer walks up and stands in front of her register. Now, mind you she had already acknowledged that she would take care of me next. I just knew that she was going to tell them "Sir, I will be right with you after I take care of this customer (me) who was here first." To my shock and disappointment she waited on the customer who arrived after me as if I wasn't standing there and I must have nothing else better to do with my time but wait. It took everything in me not to explode. To add insult to injury it took almost 10 minutes to wait on the customer that she allowed to skip me in line. While I am waiting for her to finish with him I leaned over to get her name because what she did was wrong. At the same time I documented the time on my cell. When she noticed that me making a note on my cell she said "I'm going to get you next." I told her "I certainly hope so." Was it necessary for me to make a scene? No. Was I disappointed? Yes. Did the other customer have somewhere to go more important than me? Didn't matter. We should have been waited on, "first come, first served." So why did he need to be waited on out of turn? He didn't. Sharon made a conscious decision to wait on him. Did I need to write this negative review? No, but it has been my experience that you will never correct what you are not willing to confront. You don't get a second chance to make a good first impression. I leaned over the counter just enough to get her name off her name tag; Sharon. I grew up during a time where a person's word meant something. My impression of Sharon is that she has no integrity because her word meant nothing. I could be doing something else tonight but instead I am writing a complaint about an employee at Lowe's poor customer service. So why am I writing this because I do not want Sharon to believe that how I was treated tonight was ok, because it wasn't. Maybe she doesn't realize it but customers are the reason she has a job. Each an every customer that enters Lowe's has the potential to become a repeat customer or take their business to Home Depot because they know how to treat their customers. She needs to be reeducated on what "first come, first served means, " and to say what she means and mean what she says ("I'll be right with you" comment). By the way, I finally left Lowes after being waited on at 18:14:39/6:14 pm almost 15 minutes after she first said she would be right with me.

Maybe the other customer was already being attended to by her? That may have been what she was working on, on the computer? I mean, I know its crazy to think something was being done in the store before YOU arrived.

Review
#1196379 Review #1196379 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Discount for veterans
Preferred solution
That this customer be retrained so no one else has to be treated like I was treated.

Don't even think about buying a shower door from Lowes in Myrtle Beach!

2.6
This is an unbelievable but true story. In October 2017 my wife and I bought a $300.00 shower door from Lowes. When we read the poor reviews online on the door, the next day we went back to Lowes and upgraded to a more expensive $700.00 door. We paid the $300 installation fee up front. A month later the installer came to install the door. We saw our new door in its box but parts were missing. Later, the installer returned and to our surprise he installed the first door not the upgraded door. We questioned him about the door but he said he was going to make it work and later we could have it done right. He also said the door we wanted would not work on our shower. We took pictures and returned to Lowes. The assistant manager and plumbing employee over doors said that we had the $300.00 door hanging on our shower. We asked where was the second door we bought and they couldn't find it. The installer quit! Next, we ordered another door to replace the missing door. The installer came out to measure the door and said nothing Lowes could order would fit on our shower and he said we should get our money back and buy our door directly from him as he had connections with better manufactures. We went into Lowes and showed them the door we wanted and said according to Kohler's manufacturing specs the door would fit find on our shower. They agreed to order the door and have the new installer put it on. I emailed the installer that I wanted to stay with Lowes because of their warranty but they would pay him to install the door. next, he quit! Lowes asked me if I wanted my money back as they didn't have anyone to install my new door. I asked them what was I to do with the cheap door they had on my shower. The manager said, "Oh, we can't give you your money back we will have to find someone to install the new door and take off the old door. This is now February, some five months later. Finally, I got tired of waiting on Lowes. I called them and said this: I will hire someone to take off the old door, come pickup the new door, and deliver the old door back to the store. All I want is my $300.00 installation fee returned to me as i have to hire someone to install and take down the old door and go back and forth to Lowes returning and picking up doors. It took five days for Lowes to finally approve this. They said there would be no warranty on the installation but the door only. I agreed. They said when I went to pickup the door they would have the cash for me at customer service. When I went to customer service they had a gift card for me but no cash. I had to wait for thirty minutes to finally get a manager to give me the cash instead of a gift card. When my handyman returned the door to Lowes I told him to be sure and get a receipt showing the door had been returned. He called me from the store and said the manager would not give him any type of receipt. Finally, the manager agreed to sign his own business card in case we have further problems. The bottom line is this: If you live in Myrtle Beach, SC you might want to check out Home Depot before going to Lowes. It took my builder four and a half months to build my house. Lowes never could put on a shower door. Larry Vaughn
Review
#1196049 Review #1196049 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Door Installation
Pros
  • Christy in plumbing
Cons
  • Lowes not being able to install what i paid for
multiple mistakes
Preferred solution
don't sell what you can't install
Tags
  • Terrible Experience Lowes

Lowes review in Evans, Georgia: Horrible Service

Word to the wise do not use Lowe’s for installation services. I purchased blinds from them and paid for installation. I picked up the blinds 3 days ago and still had not heard back from installation services. I kept getting someone will call me back. Finally two phone calls later and after speaking with Assistant Manager I got a returned call. I have to WAIT until next MONTH for installation!!!!! I am PISSED. I will never buy anything else from them that requires ordering or installation. I knew I should have gone elsewhere... they proved me right. Never again. I’m done with Lowe’s.

You do realize LOWES charges their customers for the installation and picks the installation company - don't you? Hence why they are responsible for everthing. Idiot.

Jenavie

You do realize it’s a 3rd party for installs & lowes has absolutely NO CONTROL over it, right? Yeah, didn’t think so.

View more comments (1)
Review
#1195938 Review #1195938 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Blinds Installation

Lowes review in Columbus, Ohio: Sunny, the worst staff member

1.3
Yesterday, I attempted o return an auger I had purchased earlier that day and found it to be too large for my bathroom sink. I was yelled at repeatedly that it was against their store policy to return this item but there was no such policy. Corporate had to intervene to allow my return. This is the Georgesville Square store in Columbus, Ohio.
Review
#1195644 Review #1195644 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Manager