Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
3.3
I decided to go to Lowes for a garage door install. I thought going to a place like this would be fast quick and easy. I was promised a 15 day install date. I ordered and signed my contract in mid-October and was told 15 day completion. I as under a deadline to get...

This is all because the door installer got paid half as much on this Lowe's job that he would have made if you had dealt with him directly. Only an idiot or a *** desperate door installer would agree with Lowe's to do installs for them and make half their normal profit.

Lowes Door Installation
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - BACKSPLASH FROM ***

purchased and paid $1,496.00 for backsplash August 4th. 2017 - as of today February 7, 2018 still not complete -have to keep my spice rack in front of hole where there is no grout - made a horrible mess with grout all over everything - including driveway - hardwood floors - white porcelain sink doors cabinets granite faucet-tore chunks out of windowsills when removing old backsplash - paid for backerboard -never installed-paid for jolly transition pieces - never installed - paid for moving appliances - we moved them - SERVICE PRO (sub contractor for Lowes - did the work) had to be completely ripped and re-done. will never buy so much of a light bulb again at lowes - customer service is ridiculous - they are rude and condescending - since moving to this area we have spent thousands and thousands of dollars at lowes - but that has come to an end.

keep saying NO until you get what you want - we finally got our settlement today from Lowes - ongoing since August 4. 2017 - will never contract with Lowes again - we will not use ServicePro under any conditions - their POOR workmanship caused this entire problem.

Remember: go to Attorney Generals office for some great and fast service. Lowes Corporate Office told us several times that "case was closed" well as far as I was concerned it wasn't and we kept it up until we won.

update: still waiting but moving ever so slowly to an end: they offered us what we wanted to solve and we agreed to it - they (executive corp. customer service Ala Cockerham) said she could send the check and release to Martinsburg WV store and we would go over and sign and receive check - well now she is saying we need to sign release and THEN they would request check - not going to happen - DO NOT TRUST THEM - AND WE DO NOT WANT STORE CREDIT-called her - e-mailed her - still no communication from her - guess it's time to go back to attorney generals office-FYI - Attorney General's office will bring charges against a company who dupes the public (especially the elderly ).

smkozlow

We had a similar situation and are still waiting for a refund 9 months later. And, of course, they only offered a refund of what we paid them, which means we're out money to remove the horrendous job and patch the wall so a real installer can come in and do it the right way.

@smkozlow

don't give up just keep on them - to date they offered us $700.00 and they will clean the grout off our $157.00 faucet and finish the grout that is missing. They are not doing anything about the gouges in the window sill or the mess which we cleaned ourselves.

We contacted the Attorney Generals office and they jumped right on it by sending them notification and I am sure that was part of the reason they upped the amount from $400.00 which we refused , they closed the case. so, bottom line is keep at the CEO of Lowes - we will never buy so much as a $1.00 item there.

Address for CEO Robert Niblock is -------Lowes -1000 Lowes blvd. Mooresville, NC 28117 - -good luck

View more comments (3)
Lowes Tile Installation
Cons
  • Customer service - sub contrctor - corp head robert niblok
Loss
Full refund
Tags
  • Backsplash

Lowes - REBATE excuse not to Honor Rebate

ON 11/21/17 There was a rebate for different amount depending on how many appliance you bought, I bought a Refrigerator, a Washer and a Dryer so I should receive a gift card for $150 I did it on line the next day, then on 12/10/17 I receive a letter that Info was wrong they needed to see the receipt so I mailed all the correct info on 12/20/17 , I called to see if they received they said no they said fax the information so I faxed it on 01/15/2018 I have been calling then they said they haven't received it , now they said mail it again , they are making every excuse not to honor the rebate. Very disappointed.
Kandi Carter

I'd join! After the number of times I called trying to fix it and resubmittals.

Their separate Lowes "Rebate Center" system doesn't talk to the Lowes.

I had two of them one I should have received $500 and another was $1200 and they screwed me out of both of them. A complete scam they got going there, if you buy stuff online.

I've had the same experience. Is this a pattern? I'd like to join a class-action lawsuit.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Rebate
Loss
My rebate gift card $150

Lowes in Tucson, Arizona - Non helpful employee

4.2
We went to Lowe’s looking for exterior shades. As I looked through one of the available product books I was expecting the employee sitting at a desk 10 feet from me to come and ask if there was anything I needed. After about 5 minutes my husband walked over to her for help. Brittany got up and came over. As I asked questions about the product she either gave me short answers or told me to look in the product book. After I decided what I wanted I asked about prices she said she could get me an estimate and went back to her desk, went on line and walked through the process to print out the estimate. She handed it to me and went back to her desk without another word. I felt I was bothering her. She never smiled and didn’t even try to help me beyond what little she did. Not sure why she was even in that department. You need to be personable and helpful when customers are shopping for window treatments or carpeting. Brittany needs a lesson in customer service. The interesting thing was we were there the day before buying some garden supplies and ended up buying a patio set because Brian came over and was extremely helpful and worked with us to get a great deal. Lowe’s is our go to place but they need to train their ALL employees in customer service.

What part of "self service home improvement center" don't you understand? Figure out what you want and then ask her to order it and print an invoice.

That's what she is there for. If you want full service, go to a real window treatment store and pay up for it.

Lowes Customer Care

Lowes - Takes forever

2.5
I purchased warranties for my Samsung washer and dryer. Each time I have called in for service, it has taken at least 3 month’s to get repairs done. My warranty time is eaten up waiting—meantime I have to do without my appliance. I am told the part has to come from Samsung but the wait time is ridiculous. I will not buy appliances from Lowe’s again nor a Samsung product.
Product
Lowes Washer And Dryer Warranty
Bad quality

Lowes in Bremerton, Washington - Disappointed in Lowe's military discount policy.

4.0
Lowe's has a new policy on their military discount. You must have a My Lowe's account in order to get the discount. I'm not a fan of a company requiring me to have an account in order to get a discount that they offer to a particular group of people so they can send us targeted advertizing. I have been a long time customer over Home Depot. They have lost me as a customer unless they change this policy.
TightDeer853

You know the rules shut it

Agreed. Lowes has lost me as a customer (retired military, spend over $10K a year at Lowes and Home Depot)Got the "My Lowes" card, then they want to "verify my military service" and make a copy of my ID and information at customer service before any discount can be granted.

WTH?Thanks but No Thanks Lowes! Identity theft, mediocre security on retail computer systems with customer information.THANK YOU HOME DEPOT for recognizing our service as combat veterans but not tracking us or making us targets in our own country.

@Combat Vet 21 years

I served and I want to thank you for serving and risking your life for our country and Freedom!!!!

You are not owed anything. You were paid for your service.

Additional benefits are a PRIVILEGE. Abide by the guidelines and stop whining.

@HASR

You are probably a 4f or a coward and didn't serve, you deserve what you did for your country can you put a price on risking your life! What did you do??? NOTHING!!!

@Anonymous

The fact is that there are a lot of deserving professions that aren't offered a discount at all. Veterans should appreciate the stores that offer a discount and accept their policies rather than complaining.

Stores are not required to give you a discount.

Thank them when they do but quit *** if you don't like their policies. Unfortunately they are there to prevent the scammers from abusing their generosity.

@HASR

Don't run down the military! You never served and risked your life for your WORTHLESS LIFE!!!!

@HASR

HASR, I know that YOU would never serve your country like these brave veterans have. You are much too cowardly to do anything like that.

Again, a veteran complaining about discounts. Be glad they even offer a veterans discount. There are a lot of other deserving people out there that don't get discounts and you don't see them complaining.

@Anonymous

I’m a 21 year veteran who is pissed at Lowe’s as well. Military Discount policy has been changed so as it is not available on any sale item, or to be combined with any Lowe’s card promotion so in other words, The military benefits offered by Lowe’s are disappearing.

View more comments (9)
Lowes Military Discount Deal

Lowes in Canton, Michigan - Dishwasher

4.0
Purchased Bosch dishwasher and was installed 9 days ago. Ran once and now will not fill. Called customer service and the soonest I can get repair is 10 days. I think that is unacceptable and will not purchase another appliance

What are you going to do when your appliances quit working if you are not going to buy another appliance? Appliance manufacturers, like auto manufacturers have a warranty that will repair a product with defects not replace them.

I purchased a car in 1974 that got towed to the dealer every morning for 2 weeks, they finally decided to replace the engine which took a month. I'm sure glad i didn't swear off buying cars because of that experience.

Sometimes things go wrong with products. Fortunately the warranties take care of fixing them even if the repair is an inconvenience.

Lowes Dishwasher Repair

Lowes - Total incompetence

Ordered a clothes washer from Lowes.com then contacted by email that it would arrive next day. Receive voicemail confirming delivery window of 12-2pm. No delivery. Called them and they said it never got on the truck. Contacted them indicated it couldn't be accepted on the next delivery date and proceeded to receive conflicting voicemails and emails between XPO and Lowes. Next email then confirmation came and this time, I called and had a supervisor from XPO send me an email confirming the delivery and yes, never got on the truck again. Each day it somehow was never loaded for delivery, I was never notified. I called into Lowes to cancel my order and the next evening, I receive a call from XPO indicating my delivery is scheduled. Utter incompetence - lacking complete and basic communication between Lowes and XPO.
Xpo Logistics Delivery Service
Order processing issue

Lowes in Central, South Carolina - BUYER BEWARE: Lowe's terrible roof service and their garbage corporate BS

2.3
Lowes - BUYER BEWARE: Lowe's terrible roof service and their garbage corporate BS
We hired Lowe's to install a new roof on our home. Scheduling was easy. Materials were to be dropped off and the crew would be there in a few days to put the roof on. They dropped the material off in the middle of driveway with no protection or tarp. That night, it poured down rain. I called immediately the next morning and reported that all of the materials were soaking wet. They just said they would pass that on to the guy in charge. Regardless of the wet material, they came out and put the roof on in a day. Immediately, we noticed how wrinkled/wavy the roof looked. Our gutter guards were not re-installed correctly (which was specified in the contract) and water was randomly pouring off the roof in non-drained areas. The vents in the roof were sealed around the edges with what looked like tape, and it was already coming off. They did not clean up the old shingles and instead left them laying all over our front yard, in 95-degree Southern summertime heat. This killed all of the grass under each of those blocks of singles so our front yard now looks like a patchwork quilt. We addressed our concerns to the liaison in charge of handling complaints. He sent the crew back out who did nothing but put some more nails in our roof, fixed the gutter guards, secured the vent, and throw cigarette butts and beer bottles in our yard. They fixed the gutters so they drained correctly, but the roof still looked horrendous. They sent a local truck out to clean up, and the employee commented on how terrible the roof looked. Thanks, no *** Sherlock. SOOooo we took pictures and more pictures and started reaching out to people "above" our local store about what to do. **Insert endless corporate *** zero-accountability loop**. They basically said that the roof must have been damaged before they installed the new roof. So I gladly sent them a date-stamped picture of our roof "before" and "after". I never received any other correspondence after that. We looked in to getting a lawyer but to find one with the ability to fight against a giant corporation like Lowe's would cost us more than the roof would ever be worth.

Lowes replaced our roof while we were on vacation. When we came home, outdoor furniture was moved, black tar was on aluminum siding and trim on dors, things were broken, materials left all over yard.

Took three hours for us to clean it up. Kep claaing Lowes and they never get back to me.

Lowes Roof Installation
  • Installation And Product Issues
  • Roof Damage
  • Roof

Lowes - Irresponsible Customer Service

We have been trying to return a fridge that was delivered to our home for more than a month, but no useful response get yet. Already made around 15 calls, 2 emails and Twitter....no one helped us so far and every time we got the redpons that we will be contacted in 24 hrs. Hearing this 24 hr.period for more than a month and not even received a single call. Now we failed and giving up the try for return.
Lowes Customer Care