Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
So I placed an order online at Lowes today 1/11/18 to my local Tampa Florida Waters Avenue location to only get a call in which I was on hold for 30 minutes for them to just tell me that none of the items were available!!!! REALLY?!?!?!?!? Than the girl thinks its...

That's funny I just had the exact same experience about an order I placed today. The stuff that I ordered said that there was plenty in stock at my Lowe's and said the price was good until October 9th.

I got a call from them that said all my items were on clearance and just today they were liquidated and shipped out this morning to go back to the Warehouse. I called the customer service number and the woman told me that they don't control what the stores do with their items because I said that price was good until October 9th. To me if you're going to be a national and have your company name on that store then they should be honoring the price across all stores or at least offer that price from that store online.

So no more Lowe's shopping for me. Lowe's and Jimmie Johnson go hand in hand they're both arrogant *** holes and don't care anything about their customer or fans.

View more comments
Order processing issue
3.2
I have a lowes card in good standing, auto payments no issues with credit. The last several times I have gone to place an online order I have received an error code 237-They never tell me what is the problem when I call in and say they will have to investigate. It...
CriminalDragonfly940

Me too. They REFUSE to tell me what error 237 means.

View more comments
Order processing issue
FIX YOUR ONLINE ORDERING SYSTEM

Lowes in Farmville, Virginia - Online Purchase Canceled

I purchased an upright freezer this morning to pick up today. They called at 3 pm saying it wasn't in stock and they were canceling my order. But they had a scratch and dent in the back and she would call me back letting me know how much I could get off of the cost. She called me back at 7:30 pm!!! telling me she could give 10% off the cost. I was not happy when she said they had sold 3 of these freezers today without pulling mine. I asked to speak to a manager and was on hold for 15 minutes and the nice lady came back on saying the manager said canceling my order was their policy if the item was not in stock. Why not honor my purchase at a later date? The manager is not there to make sure the customer is served!!!
canceling order
Featured

Lowes in Stony Brook, New York - Look what they did in my 91 year Nannie's home

Lowes - Look what they did in my 91 year Nannie's home
This is a mess. Someone from Lowes did call me. But guess what!! Yep, did NOTHING! I need someone to help her. Lowes (Stony Brook NY) hired Gemini (Jim 631-399-4369) to do work in my 91 YR Nannies house.Look at these pics. They are ALL taken in one single room. Lowes tells her the job is fine. Gemini went to her house and took pics and told her the work is food. Now both Gemini and Lowes are ignoring her. This is not fair to do to a 91 year old woman. I dont know how to help her other than ask for help here. I posted a few pics online.But I am not an expert with this kind of thing either.

Sadly, so typical. "not MY fault" is the rule Lowe's lives by, "we have NOTHING to do with the installers".

True, they can be sending a serial killer or a child molester to your house because, they simply don't want to "get involved" with anyone who they send into people's HOMES.

Wonder why, like a local building materials warehouse near me, they don't simply supply people with a list of installers in the area and allow the CUSTOMER make a choice as to who they would like AFTER they are allowed to do their own investigation(s) into the back ground(s) of who they are inviting in ? Or, they "could" interview, background check, and hire their own installers...but no, the prefer to "force" people into your home that they don't know a thing about and (possibly) would NEVER invite into their own homes.

#1420617

It looks like you gained some floor space during the project.

The real problem is that the old trim was re-used and is no longer of adequate length to run the entire length like it used to.

This is not the floor installer's problem or duty to correct.

That floor molding is obviously ancient, multiple repaints, damaged, etc.

It ill be relatively inexpensive to correct and look like a million bucks when finished.

She may be 91 but I bet she's had worse problems than this in her long life. It's really nice of you to watch out for her but it would be more help if you'd just get the problem fixed and move on ; don't upset her any more than you have to.

Lowes - Be careful!

I am retired and have to split my payments up during the month, between myself and my husband who is also on a fixed income. I didn't understand about the billing periods. Just thought as long as I made the total payment before the due date, that was sufficient. Because they said I didn't make a $40.00 payment during the billing period, they charged me an extra $100.00. I had already paid $100.00 and had set up the $40.00 online to be paid before the due date. So I just had to put off other necessities to pay them $240.00 or be charged another big fee. I am going to find a way to pay them off and close the account!

don't worry they will close the account for you without their so called notice that never ever arrives.

There is such a thing as making a payment too soon. If you made the payment after the previous due date but before the end of the billing period (usually a few days apart) your payment would have been credited to the previous billing period and show no payment was made for the current period.

Problems with payment

Lowes - Lowe's sells and delivers defective appliances

We purchased a top of the line Frigidaire Gallery French Door refrigerator with dual ice maker for $2,398 in June 2016. Less than 5 months after it was delivered and installed by Lowe's the upper ice maker malfunctioned. We also purchased a 5-year extended warranty for this major appliance adding to the cost. We called Lowe's when the ice maker stopped working and they sent out a licensed repair company who services Frigidaire appliances. After 8 service calls with different repair companies and numerous parts being replaced (the last part replaced just a week ago) we are calling again that the upper ice maker does not work. Lowe's has refused to acknowledge the fact that they sold, delivered and installed a defective refrigerator. Frigidaire told us that we should have called them FIRST during the initial one year warranty period. Lowe's does not instruct the consumer to call the manufacturer FIRST. Instead, you are told to contact their Extended Warranty Service Department with people who take your call and don't know anything about the product or manufacture you are calling on. We are now stuck with a lemon that Lowe's refuses to replace after 18 months of taking time off from work, phones calls, scheduling repairs, a multitude of replacement parts that haven't solved the problem. We purchased 6 major appliances with Lowe's in a 12 month period, all with 5 year extended warranties. We can only imagine what horrors we will be subjected to if any other appliances have problems in the next 3.5 years. Caveat Emptor. Buyers, go somewhere else to buy major appliances. Shame on Lowe's.

Ok so you didn’t listen at the time of purchase. You didn’t read the information given to you.

And you didn’t follow ANY of the instructions given to you. How exactly is Lowe’s at fault? They are a retailer. They are NOT the warranty company.

They are NOT the manufacturer. You were told at the time of purchase that for the first year you go through the manufacturer and after the first year is up you go to the warranty company. As supposed adults you know there is ALWAYS a one year warranty on 99% of the non food items sold. Why did you bypass the one process that could have gotten your unit fixed the first time?

There is no way that Lowe’s could have known that FIVE MONTHS after your purchase that YOU were going to have a issue. You attempting to blame them for something they could have ZERO information on. You are assigning blame AND powers they do not possess. They had no way of knowing that five months AFTER they sold it you would have a issue.

YOU made the mistakes, not Lowe’s. You WILLINGLY bypassed the correct way to handle it and now seek to blame anyone else you can think of BECAUSE you know that if you admit that YOU SCREWED UP everyone would see you for the fool you really are. Take some personal accountability for once in your miserable existence. You screwed up.

NOT LOWES! You are simply a victim of the choices YOU MADE. Lowe’s didn’t tell you to bypass the entire warranty process. You chose to do that.

Lowe’s doesn’t have the power of future sight. They couldn’t know!!

They are not the responsible party! But something tells me that you know all of this already and this is yet another desperate attempt to have ANYONE ELSE bail you out for yet ANOTHER poor choice you have made.

Lowe's in Boone, NC sells defective appliances, as I am sure other Lowe's stores do. They have a terrible, impractical service insurance plan that is a scam. The main problem is Lowe's in Boone, NC has very little or no competition.

Lowes knowingly sells faulty appliance. I'm guessing because of the kickbacks for Samsung and other name brands.

Something tells me there is more to your story and you are not giving us the whole truth. As far as I have seen, Lowe’s has no problem replacing defective machines under thier EPP Warranty, as long as the customer follows the terms of the agreement.

Maybe, just maybe, you didn't listen when the associate was explaining the process to you. You make it sound like they singled you out to sell a bad appliance.

Who made the fridge? Be pissed at the manufacturer, not the retail company you ***

It doesn't make any difference where you buy appliances, the manufacturer has a one year warranty and the extended warranties are to cover repairs beyond the first year. You should always contact the manufacturer for repairs during their warranty coverage.

Lowes doesn't manufacturer refrigerators. If you have a defective product it is a manufacturer cutters defect, not a retailers defect.

View more comments (5)
Review
Cons
  • Poor customer service on defective products
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Replace the refridgerator with a new one

Lowes - Would NOT recommend

Paid for better roofing on a modular home; this was the original roof 1994. Was told any bad decking would be replaced and agreed. No decking was replaced. The finished roof was spongy as before and I was told by contractor that decking not rotted, just thin and poor quality. He never called and advised me of this when shingles removed, giving me the opportunity at that time to replace. When we supplied pictures of wood from garage that WAS visible he agreed to replace. Now the question, was the decking on roof, not visible for inspection, just poor thin poor quality or actually rotted? Why were we not given opportunity to replace once the condition of of decking was viewed by the contractor (after shingles removed) ? Why would we have installed a more expensive lifetime shingle over poor quality decking? Lowe's response was slow and not satisfactory.

I call bs, Lowes does not install anything in or on trailers except carpet. You probably used porch.com which is sponsored by lowes which does not make it a lowes install.

h.kitchener

I've never understood why anyone would go thru a big box store to have something like roof repairs done instead of getting a couple of estimates from a local roofing company who does this for a living and usually will stand by their work. The contractors used by big box companies can be good, adequate or very poor---one never knows. You might have a local roofer come out and look at the roof to see what can be done, if anything to satisfy your suspicions as to the condition of the roof underlayment.

Bad quality

Lowes - Horrible

1.7
I bought a dishwasher from them on Friday and told them I would pick it up this weekend we went there and they could not find it anywhere in their records for pickup we finally got it found and they said they would load it on the truck nobody showed up for a half hour had to leave went in the next day they could not find us. In any of their records finally with the receipt I had to bring back 15 miles to the store because my son picked it up they found me said it would be 10 minutes and we would have it in the truck half hour later still no dishwasher will not ever go there again I am cutting up my Lowe's credit card

Lowes in Lake Saint Louis, Missouri - Go somewhere else

1.7
I had carpet installed in a bedroom and in a garage work area. The low level carpet (indoor outdoor) was installed by gluing it down. The installer picked up the wrong color and had to go back to the distributor. Now the installation of the bedroom, it looked flat at the beginning, but now a little over a year later, the waves in the carpet are similar to the Atlantic Ocean, and Lowe’s won’t fix it because it’s been a little over a year since the install. My suggestion is go somewhere else, maybe a carpet store or somewhere that carpet and flooring is all they do. Lowe’s hires carpet installation companies comprised of handymen not professional installation companies

NOT related to Lowe's , but I have a similar problem with the carpet developing "waves", the carpet needs to be re-stretched properly onto the tack strips and any excess carpet trimmed.

Review
Pros
  • Carpet
Cons
  • Installation
Warranty issue
Tags
  • Bad Customer Support

Lowes - Customer Service? They didn't even answer their phone.

I bought an extended warranty for the refrigerator I got at Lowes. The ice machine broke. Waited 40 minutes on hold for someone to answer. Last major appliance I'll ever buy at Lowe's. Their service borders on fraudulent. How can you sell a warranty and then when you need it, no one answers the phone? THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! And to think I paid extra for a service they don't actually provide. If I was the CEO of Lowes, I'd actually call the customer service number, to see if the company really represents their values. Obviously no one called, so no one knows.

Your title says they didn't even answer the phone but then your complaint says you waited on holds for 40 minutes. Lets suppose we believe you waited 40 minutes after you lied about them not answering the phone.

SO WHAT? You may have called on a Monday morning when everyone else is calling and you have to wait your turn.

On top of that they may have had people call in sick and were short handed. Not often will you call a business and get an answer on the first ring, they just can't afford to have hundreds of people sitting around waiting for your call.

@Anonymous

quit making excuses for their harrible customer service

Review
Pros
  • Non-existient customer service
Cons
  • Anything about their customer service