Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Coeur D Alene, Idaho - Stay away from the young lady with blue hair at customer. Se

2.2
The young lady with blue hair @ customer service is very rude. Tried to exchange lawn mower that I tried to pick up wouldn't go into gear, went to customer service and was treated like garbage by this lady, funny thing is she apologized for being rude, ha she knew it! I advise shopping elsewhere.
Lowes Customer Care

Lowes in Prescott, Arizona - Must reg as a vet for discount

2.0
in a Lowes store yesterday to buy 2 led shop lights, ($100) showed my VA health card as always and was told I had to be in their data base to see customer service. The conversation ended after name , branch of svc, date of birth, stopped the girl and asked her for the exact info for my data base, surprise she got offended. Went to Home Depot right down the street in, out, got the same discount for the same lights and everybody was happy. I will never return and will bad mouth them every chance I get.

"will bad mouth them every chance I get.

I'm guessing the people you will bad mouth them to either know you and don't really care about what you have to say or you post on places like this where you're automatically read like a book.

Top Cards The Entitled Love To Flash to either get over or as a way to validate themselves.

Age

Disability Card

Gender Card Race Card Vet Card

Name, Rank and Serial Number...maggot!

Yet another entitled vet crying about discounts. You should be thankful when a store makes a discount available.

There are a lot of deserving people out there that don't get one. If you don't like the fact that they verify the fact that you are the vet you say you are there must be something you are hiding.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Read the complaint

Lowes in Charleston, South Carolina - Lowe's Firing

I have been on Work Release for a Work Related Incident resulting in me having Knee Replacement and Back Surgery. I expressed my situation and problems to the store manager regarding service from the very store I was working for and shortly I found my self Terminated from my 401K Holder but Lowe's never notified me I was terminated nor was I ever notified I was released from Work Release. I called the Corporate Office in North Carolina and they did nothing. My Suggestion, Find a Company that Respects and Protects their Employees and look for a better Company and don't deal with Lowe's.
Review
Cons
  • Way i was fired
Work Experience or Job Application

Lowes in Zanesville, Ohio - New inside and outer door

2.8
1-8-17 went to order doors, waited forever found out installer quit. Waited some more, talked to manger said was looking for new installer. Finally hired one. Waited some more, first day he was to show up truck broke down. Waited some more. Second time showed up at wrong house but then did show up.went back to lowes to now to order doors, waited some more.first time to install doors he was in a wreck, no show. Second time to in stall said door was damaged, had to reorder. Third time to install said hardware was not there, we called lowes they said it was there, manager tried to call them with no answer, said he would call us back, he didn’t. It is now 1-27-18 and still no doors..
Lowes Door Installation
Cons
  • Any part of the complete lack of follow up or follow through
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Lowe s Fails Customer

Resolved: Lowes - LOWE'S- Don't believe their computers or website

3.9

Update by user Feb 26, 2018

Again, Lowe's customer service came through. Managers from TWO different stores called and, I felt, actually listened to my concerns.

The manager of the store from which I bought another frig refunded me 10% of the cost. Though I had to settle for a different refrigerator, I am living with it and it's not as bad as I was sure it would be.

Original review posted by user Jan 27, 2018

I was trying to buy a refrigerator but needed a very specific size which I couldn't find at 3 of my 4 local stores. Though their in-house systems showed each of the stores had at least one of the one I wanted, none of them actually had them (and were ubable to get them). I then went online and found the perfect one. EXTREMELY disappointed to learn, even though I could order it online, and be given a delivery date, my order wouldn't be fulfilled. I called customer service and he went out of his way to help but without success. Why advertise a product AND have your stores show it as being available when it's truly not? Their customer service was phenomenal but, in getting what I actually wanted, that didn't help me at all.
Order processing issue

Lowes - Unhappy customer

3.2
I purchased a shed from your Robinson store location. Shed was supposed to be installed on Jan 6th. 20 days later still not installed. My yard is in a mess with all the woods and installation items in the yard.
Lowes Shed Installation
Order processing issue

Lowes in Howell, Michigan - Poor customer service from manager and poor mower quality

I have dealt with a laundry list of issues since the first purchase nearly 4 years ago now concerning our lawnmower. When it is taken in to be serviced, it should come back fixed and in the same condition it left us. Unfortunately, this has not been the case time and time again; as we receive our mower back more damaged than when we sent it in. This is frustrating to deal with, as we have to play tag back and forth with the store and deliveries, etc. Before all of this, our first choice as a family was always Lowes, we typically were in your store 2-3x a week, and even have a Lowes credit card. After dealing with so many issues surrounding the same products; and the lack of customer service throughout most of it, we have stopped shopping with Lowes. When we bought our house 4 years ago, although it was a beautiful place, it needed some work – mostly cosmetic, as my fiance made a point to notice; and we did a lot of work throughout the home using your store as our idea room. We knew our biggest change was the fact that we had almost 3 acres of yard that would need a sufficient lawn mower. We purchased a Husqvarna lawn tractor, model LGT26K54, and although with the Military discount helping, it was a big purchase for us after just buying the house. After a few weeks, the mower was smoking profusely, and upon further investigation, the fuel and throttle lines were crossed and melted together due to improper installation. Our beautiful yard had become covered in fuel, causing our grass to die and several brown spots throughout. Although your store was quick to replace and exchange, as this was the fault of the assembler, we were told that Lowes are not the ones who put the machines together, and you get what you get. Aside from a dead lawn, we were given the same model within 1 weeks time, and were happy that the issue was resolved. Then the new mower, same Husqvarna model, began leaking significant amounts of oil within 3 months of receiving. We contacted your store and were able to get it in for repairs. Luckily, winter was on the horizon so we were not worried about not having the mower accessible. We received it back in the Spring time, and before getting it off of the trailer, we noticed parts missing and several broken pieces on the deck of the mower. We took it back immediately, and were just frustrated with the issues and quality of the Husqvarna, so we decided to just upgrade. This meant spending more money to go with a brand we knew to be good, and we purchased the John Deere lawn tractor model D170. We waited a couple weeks for delivery, and in the interim had a lawn service company taking care of our yard. The John Deere was delivered and within an hour of receiving, we were cutting the lawn. Unfortunately, that did not last long, as the front bumper and parts of the front end assembly detached and fell beneath the mowing deck; causing them to launch towards our deck and damage some of our newly landscaped property, as well as our siding. I was fortunate, as the person mowing, to not be injured - as the pieces could have easily came through the mowing deck. After this experience and the damage to our home, we were done. Frustrated, tired of poor quality, and faulty craftsmanship, we just wanted to hire a service full-time to cut our lawn. We went to Lowes to report what had happened and explain the frustration of having 3 lawn mowers in a years time; they explained that, again, it was not their fault, and that the John Deere facility nearest them are the ones who assemble. In talking to John Deere, they told us that they are not responsible for the assembly, and that Lowes is. What???? Honestly, the back and forth was exhausting, and placing blame is not what we were looking for, we just wanted someone to understand the sheer frustration in the situation, and the magnitude of the problems this could have caused to us and our home and family. Nonetheless, upon looking into the issue, we discovered the front bumper was never bolted onto the machine. No attachments whatsoever holding this piece on. Lowes offered us “any mower we wanted in their store.” We decided at the point to pick a heavy duty machine in hopes of it being durable and safe after all of the issues we experienced. After selecting this, we were told that we could not get that particular one, with no reason or explanation. So our choice was limited to the Husqvarna zero-turn Z254. When we received this machine, there were pieces missing from it. How does this happen? So back to Lowes to report the issue, the store ordered the parts (zerk fittings), but told us that it was our responsibility to repair, and had them sent to our home. So much for warranties, and customer service. At this point, as frustrated as a sales rep or manager is of all of these issues, think about us as the customer, being the ones who are left with damaged property, no lawn mower, and a continuous cycle of having to repair and return. I understand the stores stock and sell many products that are from other manufacturers, but the goal as a company is to help the customer, and stand behind your products, whether they are perfect or there is an issue. Telling a customer they have to fix the problem themselves, while the machine is still under warranty is simply unacceptable. And had we not been through the ringer with your company, we should have just dumped the mower off at the front door and walked away; but we felt like we had too much time and energy invested. I’d like to say this was our stories end, but unfortunately, after 2 months – the deck belt continuously detached and the mower deck would not stay engaged. So back to Lowes repair center it went. We received it back in spring, with honestly, pretty low hopes that something else would not happen. Now 3 months later, it’s leaking oil by the OHV valve seal, and the bolts and attaching parts that hold the deck above the ground, fell apart. The deck front was pushed down into the ground during use, and tore up the yard, kicking up rocks toward our house. Imagine our frustration, as this is mower #4, repair #3 within the span of less than 3 years. We contacted the store and explained the issue, and simply said we want to return or exchange this. It’s damaged after the last repair and simply is just not a quality machine – whether that is the fault of the manufacturer or due to the recent repairs, we don’t care. We just want something that will last for us. This has been an immense headache for our family. I actually enjoy my time mowing the lawn on our large property because it gets me outside and I feel useful. I suffered a medical injury in combat in Iraq, and worked hard to recover and walk again. I take any time I can to do activities outside as they keep me moving and keep my spirits up. After talking to your store, and customer service, I am left feeling like we have no options – we are left with another broken lawn mower, and no resolution. I would hope that the people we spoke to were having an “off day” or did not understand the problems we had previously gone through, as they were not understanding or empathetic whatsoever. Fast forward to the most recent issue, the mower went in for repair of the throttle that was sticking in full speed position. It was fixed and now upon seeing it, there are several bumps, dings, and scratches on the frame of the mower. Honestly, I just don’t understand how these things keep happening, and why. I am wondering what our options are as of now? I feel as though we have dealt with lemons, poor manufacturing and assembly, and lack of care in transporting our machines. If you are a Lowe's customer I would strongly think twice before shopping and buying any products from their store especially from the Howell Michigan store. The store manager will not address any issues and just hides from trying to solve any customer issues.

Spend a little more and buy a better mower. When you bought your John Deere mower did you bother looking at the mowers at an actual John Deere dealer?

You will find there is a reason the mowers sold in the big box stores have a lower price tag. They are a lower quality mower. Go to a dealer and buy a real mower, you'll be glad you did. I've owned 3 of the big box mowers of different brands over the years and my last purchase was a John Deere 300 series mower.

Yes I paid more for it than what I would have paid at a big box store but I got a top rated Consumer Reports mower that is a world of difference from the big box mowers. I've learned that you get what you pay for.

STOP BUYING CRAP FROM THE BOX STORES BECAUSE IT IS CHEAPER! There is a damn good reason why the lawn mowers at Lowe's are cheaper than the ones sold by the locally owned, independent companies.

THEY ARE MADE TO A PRICE POINT AND NOT A QUALITY LEVEL! The box stores dictate to the manufacturers what they want to pay for their mowers and the manufacturers make them cheaper! Every damn thing in the store is this way! Worst of ALL is the paint they sell!

Next time, go to a locally owned lawn mower dealer and buy a REAL representative product of the manufacturer, not some label engineered MTD! ( and FYI, most of those box store mowers are manufactured in Willard Ohio by MTD and just painted and decaled with whatever manufacturers labels they need to represent that manufacturers product.

I KNOW! I'VE BEEN TO THE FACTORY AND SEEN IT!)

That complaint is longer than the U.S. Tax Code.

Now take that hook out of your mouth and find a new vendor.

I refuse to patronize those bloated chain hardware places when there are still excellent locally owned establishments who will screen their products prior to sales.

You will receive much better service from the small business.

It may not always be the cheapest at point of purchase, but there are other factors to be considered when making a major purchase.

Now tear up that credit card and be free !

View more comments (2)
Product
Husqvarna Lgt2654 Lawn Tractor
Bad quality

Resolved: Lowes in Palestine, Texas - Terrible

Update by user Jan 28, 2018

Lowe’s brought out a new washing machine and it works great. They apologized for their actions.

Original review posted by user Jan 23, 2018

Lowe’s in Palestine Texas giving me a run around.purchased a GE washer 11/25/17. Makes a terrible noise. Tried to put up with it . Called them 12/30/17 They say would bring me new washer. Called again 1/9/18 talked to manager. Suppose to deliver today. 1/23/18. No show. Called them can’t bring till thursday1/25/18. If they can’t bring then I’m taking to store. Want money back. Cant tolerate sqeeking washing machine. It’s been stressful and horrible experience . Please tell me what else I need to do. Do you have any suggestions? I put purchase on Lowe’s credit card. So don’t want to ruin my credit by not paying for it.

Is this a top loading machine? Many of the GE machines have a shipping bar that secures the tub in place.

Take a look at the lower sides of the machine. There is a ribbon of tape on the end of the bar and you will see it if the bar is still in place. If the bar is not removed the machine will be very loud and move around when it goes into a spin cycle.

You would be surprised at how many people don't bother reading the manual that comes with their washer. If the bar is still there, just pull it out and your problem will be solved.

Product
Ge Appliances Washing Machine
Cons
  • Being given the run-a-round
  • Getting the run around from the customer service office
Damaged or defective
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • Poor management skills

Lowes - Carpet and installation

Had carpeting installed in bedrooms and office last week. I am so impressed at the carpet quality and installation process. I have purchased carpeting from many different carpet companies over the years and have never been as satisfied as I have been with Lowes located in Albuquerque, New Mexico (Paseo Location). A good suggestion is this: Purchase the upgraded padding. It makes all the difference in the world. In all these years I never took advantage of that advice. Now that I purchased it this time, I understand what a difference it makes.....like walking on air! Thank you Lowes for a job well done!
Lowes Carpet Installation
Good quality

Resolved: Lowes - BS Rebates

3.8

Update by user May 31, 2018

After 5 months, several e-mails and resubmitting, I finally got my rebate. GEZ they did not make this easy.

Original review posted by user Jan 22, 2018

Due to past issues with Lowes, I was slowly coming back to them as customer service had improved. During Thanksgiving week of 2017 they advertised an 11% rebate on most items. Since they finally got their act together for our veterans discount I went ahead a bought a few things that could have waited. After sending in all the paperwork, I was informed that they were missing the needed info as to what was bought!!! One thing I tried to get thru their thick heads is most of these items were sent without an invoice so I printed the sale paper out of my online account, which I now find isn't good enough. It's my fault they don't send a receipt??? The paperwork I sent them had all this! I called and tried to get their F**up fixed but was shuffled between the rebate center and customer service with no resolution. I now firmly believe these rebate offers are a scam to hook and bait you into buying more product. Right now I wish I could rip those appliances out of the wall for a full refund and go to Home Depot where I've never had a service issue.

Menards has much better rebate system and they run it every other week ...

@Anonymous

I believe that. This spring I'll find out. Lowes is off my shopping list while this issue remains unresolved.

@Anonymous

Menards doesn't offer rebates for on-line purchases either, only in-store purchases.

@Anonymous

Thanks for the info. Looks like Home Depot will be my main source per local stores.

Just had 2 purchases from them under their 11% theme, no problems. Everything handled very professionally unlike Lowes which IMO is a scam.....Lowes looses again.

I’m going through the exact same nightmare. They don’t understand that when you order online THAT is the only receipt you get.

They told me customer service could emailMe a copy with an invoice number on it. No luck there either.

They can tell me the invoice number but not put it on an actual receipt. I am beyond upset.

@Mitsy

They do not make it easy. The short story is they've already lost over $1K in sales to Home Depot from me. if enough people get bit, more will go over to the depot or where ever.Lowes should be ashamed but in reality I think they don't give a damn.

@curl

The $60 or so they will probably screw me out of has already been lost by them from me going back to Home Depot.

" now firmly believe these rebate offers are a scam to hook and bait you into buying more product"

It took you this long to figure out that rebates or discounts aren't there to benefit you but to benefit whoever is giving it to get more of your money.

"without an invoice "

How did you pay for the stuff?

Did you go into the store and do it?

Did they not give you a receipt?

Drrrrrrrrrrrrrr

@Anonymous

Very obvious you did NOT read in detail my complaint.

View more comments (8)
Lowes Rebate
Cons
  • Being shuffled from one unit to another
Deliver product or service ordered