Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes - How hard is it to buy a dryer???

2.7
So complicated.....where to begin?!? Purchased a dryer through Lowe's online several days ago. They call me the next day saying, for whatever reason, the order wasn't able to go through. So they cancel it out & I reorder it on the phone. I get the dryer delivered after several ridiculous & confusing phone calls back & forth with Lowe's. They made so many mistakes with my order, that I decided I better check my credit card statement. The purchase price was supposed to be $350.80. They charged to my credit card $420.10! Of course when I call them, yet again, they're closed! So I have to call tomorrow for yet another ridiculous & confusing phone call to try & get this straightened out! I am so done with Lowe's!!!! This has been the most frustrating transaction I have ever had!!! They really need to get their act together!! None of them knows what they're doing, & none of them care!!! Their sale prices aren't worth the aggravation!!! This has been a nightmare!!!

Hopefully you called the credit card customer service department to dispute the charge, if nothing else it helps to get the merchants attention.

Dryer
Pros
  • Price
Cons
  • Anything else
Pricing issue
Price reduction

Lowes - Order backordered and canceled

I placed an order on dec 29. it was supposed to be delivered on jan 5. it didn't happen. We called the customer service and also went to the store. We were told from both that the order was backordered and will be here on jan 13. and was told that will get a call the night before. and again We didn't get it. I called customer service and the stores. different stories were told. one said order was not placed correctly and it has to be canceled. well when We went to the store on jan 5, the order was clearly in the system. the other one said the order was backordered again and it will be delivered on jan 22. obviously they lied to the customers. it was very frustrating . will never order it from lowes.
#1419593

You don't say what it was you ordered. In the case of appliances, the manufactures ship in a truck once a week.

If they are out of stock on an appliance scheduled for shipment the only notice a store gets is when the truck shows up with a packing list marked backordered. When the store calls the manufacturer for a new due date they will typically be told it will be on next weeks truck. The only way to know if this is true or not is to see if it shows up or is marked backordered again.

It's more frustrating for the store than the customer because they are in between a rock and a hard place. They look bad to the customer because they were giving due dates based on what they were told by the manufacturer.

Lowes Delivery Service

New window installation from Lowes in Mesa AZ

2.0
Had new windows installed on 3/2017. Installers were here and did a good job. They pointed out 1 window was scratched and one screen torn. They said they would tell Lowes about it. 2 weeks later and they said they knew about it and that the screen would be replaced during the summer, while we were back in MN. And the window would be waiting for us when we return. Got back to AZ the 1st part of Nov, 2017. No new screen. Called the same # and they knew nothing about my situation. Went to Lowes Wi dow dept, they were going to contact Kevin, the salesman who sold the windows. Went there 2 weeks later and they said they would contact him, although nothing was in their records. Another week went by went there again. Now I am told they don"t work with the window salesman and give me his cell phone# called twice and left 2 messages, you guessed it, no return calls. We went to complaint dept, they assured me it will be taken care of. Finally got a call back, they said they will come out and take a look, but they didn't know about the screen. Told me they would be out on Jan. 15, 2018 between 1 and 5 pm. No onw showed up, nobody called.
Lowes Window Installation
Cons
  • His total lack of concern for my needs
  • Window people blowing me off and not returning calls

Lowes - Disappointed to say the least

6 years ago while on active duty I purchased the 49 piece xtreme access ratchet set part number 379758. Recently the 1/4 ratchet gave out. Part number 379801. I took it to Lowe's and was told they couldn't do anything because it's no longer made or sold, and then told me to call Kobalt. When I called I was instantly confronted with an extremely rude woman that made it very clear she wouldn't do anything and that I needed to go back to Lowe's. So once again I made the 30 minute trip to Lowe's. They searched the store and couldn't find any substitutes. Originally they wanted to swap out the ratchet only. After finding nothing they offered to let me buy a newer set at cost. Which was going to run 40$+ for a set that is sold for $50+. Just to replace something that is supposed to be hassle free life time warranty. I declined the offer of spending more money to replace an item that's supposed to be under warranty. I called kobalt again and they then said I would need the receipt since the item was no longer in their system. They claim they're not able to verify the warranty even though it's right on the package. I was told that Lowe's should have taken the set and replaced it with another comparable set. I can honestly say I'll think twice before buying kobalt or lowes in the future.

Same ratchet—-same problem. Exactly the same....word for word.

You got six years of use out of it. Manufacturers warranties cover defects in workmanship, NOT wear and tear.

If it worked for six years then clearly there was no defect. You realize that nothing is ACTUALLY made to last a lifetime, right?

@Kii

Then shouldn’t be a “ lifetime “ warranty.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Customer Care
Warranty issue
So I placed an order online at Lowes today 1/11/18 to my local Tampa Florida Waters Avenue location to only get a call in which I was on hold for 30 minutes for them to just tell me that none of the items were available!!!! REALLY?!?!?!?!? Than the girl thinks its...

That's funny I just had the exact same experience about an order I placed today. The stuff that I ordered said that there was plenty in stock at my Lowe's and said the price was good until October 9th.

I got a call from them that said all my items were on clearance and just today they were liquidated and shipped out this morning to go back to the Warehouse. I called the customer service number and the woman told me that they don't control what the stores do with their items because I said that price was good until October 9th. To me if you're going to be a national and have your company name on that store then they should be honoring the price across all stores or at least offer that price from that store online.

So no more Lowe's shopping for me. Lowe's and Jimmie Johnson go hand in hand they're both arrogant *** holes and don't care anything about their customer or fans.

View more comments
Lowes Shipping Service
3.2
I have a lowes card in good standing, auto payments no issues with credit. The last several times I have gone to place an online order I have received an error code 237-They never tell me what is the problem when I call in and say they will have to investigate. It...
CriminalDragonfly940

Me too. They REFUSE to tell me what error 237 means.

View more comments
Lowes Website
FIX YOUR ONLINE ORDERING SYSTEM

Lowes in Farmville, Virginia - Online Purchase Canceled

I purchased an upright freezer this morning to pick up today. They called at 3 pm saying it wasn't in stock and they were canceling my order. But they had a scratch and dent in the back and she would call me back letting me know how much I could get off of the cost. She called me back at 7:30 pm!!! telling me she could give 10% off the cost. I was not happy when she said they had sold 3 of these freezers today without pulling mine. I asked to speak to a manager and was on hold for 15 minutes and the nice lady came back on saying the manager said canceling my order was their policy if the item was not in stock. Why not honor my purchase at a later date? The manager is not there to make sure the customer is served!!!
Lowes Customer Care
canceling order
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Featured

Lowes in Stony Brook, New York - Look what they did in my 91 year Nannie's home

Lowes - Look what they did in my 91 year Nannie's home
This is a mess. Someone from Lowes did call me. But guess what!! Yep, did NOTHING! I need someone to help her. Lowes (Stony Brook NY) hired Gemini (Jim 631-399-4369) to do work in my 91 YR Nannies house.Look at these pics. They are ALL taken in one single room. Lowes tells her the job is fine. Gemini went to her house and took pics and told her the work is food. Now both Gemini and Lowes are ignoring her. This is not fair to do to a 91 year old woman. I dont know how to help her other than ask for help here. I posted a few pics online.But I am not an expert with this kind of thing either.

Sadly, so typical. "not MY fault" is the rule Lowe's lives by, "we have NOTHING to do with the installers".

True, they can be sending a serial killer or a child molester to your house because, they simply don't want to "get involved" with anyone who they send into people's HOMES.

Wonder why, like a local building materials warehouse near me, they don't simply supply people with a list of installers in the area and allow the CUSTOMER make a choice as to who they would like AFTER they are allowed to do their own investigation(s) into the back ground(s) of who they are inviting in ? Or, they "could" interview, background check, and hire their own installers...but no, the prefer to "force" people into your home that they don't know a thing about and (possibly) would NEVER invite into their own homes.

#1420617

It looks like you gained some floor space during the project.

The real problem is that the old trim was re-used and is no longer of adequate length to run the entire length like it used to.

This is not the floor installer's problem or duty to correct.

That floor molding is obviously ancient, multiple repaints, damaged, etc.

It ill be relatively inexpensive to correct and look like a million bucks when finished.

She may be 91 but I bet she's had worse problems than this in her long life. It's really nice of you to watch out for her but it would be more help if you'd just get the problem fixed and move on ; don't upset her any more than you have to.

View more comments (1)
Geminifl Ooring Flooring
Poor customer service

Lowes - Be careful!

I am retired and have to split my payments up during the month, between myself and my husband who is also on a fixed income. I didn't understand about the billing periods. Just thought as long as I made the total payment before the due date, that was sufficient. Because they said I didn't make a $40.00 payment during the billing period, they charged me an extra $100.00. I had already paid $100.00 and had set up the $40.00 online to be paid before the due date. So I just had to put off other necessities to pay them $240.00 or be charged another big fee. I am going to find a way to pay them off and close the account!

don't worry they will close the account for you without their so called notice that never ever arrives.

There is such a thing as making a payment too soon. If you made the payment after the previous due date but before the end of the billing period (usually a few days apart) your payment would have been credited to the previous billing period and show no payment was made for the current period.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Account
Problems with payment

Lowes - Lowe's sells and delivers defective appliances

We purchased a top of the line Frigidaire Gallery French Door refrigerator with dual ice maker for $2,398 in June 2016. Less than 5 months after it was delivered and installed by Lowe's the upper ice maker malfunctioned. We also purchased a 5-year extended warranty for this major appliance adding to the cost. We called Lowe's when the ice maker stopped working and they sent out a licensed repair company who services Frigidaire appliances. After 8 service calls with different repair companies and numerous parts being replaced (the last part replaced just a week ago) we are calling again that the upper ice maker does not work. Lowe's has refused to acknowledge the fact that they sold, delivered and installed a defective refrigerator. Frigidaire told us that we should have called them FIRST during the initial one year warranty period. Lowe's does not instruct the consumer to call the manufacturer FIRST. Instead, you are told to contact their Extended Warranty Service Department with people who take your call and don't know anything about the product or manufacture you are calling on. We are now stuck with a lemon that Lowe's refuses to replace after 18 months of taking time off from work, phones calls, scheduling repairs, a multitude of replacement parts that haven't solved the problem. We purchased 6 major appliances with Lowe's in a 12 month period, all with 5 year extended warranties. We can only imagine what horrors we will be subjected to if any other appliances have problems in the next 3.5 years. Caveat Emptor. Buyers, go somewhere else to buy major appliances. Shame on Lowe's.

Ok so you didn’t listen at the time of purchase. You didn’t read the information given to you.

And you didn’t follow ANY of the instructions given to you. How exactly is Lowe’s at fault? They are a retailer. They are NOT the warranty company.

They are NOT the manufacturer. You were told at the time of purchase that for the first year you go through the manufacturer and after the first year is up you go to the warranty company. As supposed adults you know there is ALWAYS a one year warranty on 99% of the non food items sold. Why did you bypass the one process that could have gotten your unit fixed the first time?

There is no way that Lowe’s could have known that FIVE MONTHS after your purchase that YOU were going to have a issue. You attempting to blame them for something they could have ZERO information on. You are assigning blame AND powers they do not possess. They had no way of knowing that five months AFTER they sold it you would have a issue.

YOU made the mistakes, not Lowe’s. You WILLINGLY bypassed the correct way to handle it and now seek to blame anyone else you can think of BECAUSE you know that if you admit that YOU SCREWED UP everyone would see you for the fool you really are. Take some personal accountability for once in your miserable existence. You screwed up.

NOT LOWES! You are simply a victim of the choices YOU MADE. Lowe’s didn’t tell you to bypass the entire warranty process. You chose to do that.

Lowe’s doesn’t have the power of future sight. They couldn’t know!!

They are not the responsible party! But something tells me that you know all of this already and this is yet another desperate attempt to have ANYONE ELSE bail you out for yet ANOTHER poor choice you have made.

Lowe's in Boone, NC sells defective appliances, as I am sure other Lowe's stores do. They have a terrible, impractical service insurance plan that is a scam. The main problem is Lowe's in Boone, NC has very little or no competition.

Lowes knowingly sells faulty appliance. I'm guessing because of the kickbacks for Samsung and other name brands.

Something tells me there is more to your story and you are not giving us the whole truth. As far as I have seen, Lowe’s has no problem replacing defective machines under thier EPP Warranty, as long as the customer follows the terms of the agreement.

Maybe, just maybe, you didn't listen when the associate was explaining the process to you. You make it sound like they singled you out to sell a bad appliance.

Who made the fridge? Be pissed at the manufacturer, not the retail company you ***

It doesn't make any difference where you buy appliances, the manufacturer has a one year warranty and the extended warranties are to cover repairs beyond the first year. You should always contact the manufacturer for repairs during their warranty coverage.

Lowes doesn't manufacturer refrigerators. If you have a defective product it is a manufacturer cutters defect, not a retailers defect.

View more comments (5)
Frigidaire Refrigerator
Cons
  • Poor customer service on defective products
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Replace the refridgerator with a new one