Filter by rating
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Franklin, Kentucky - Bad business and protection plans

2.9

Update by user Jan 16, 2018

A full refund for the washing machine. I had emailed the CEO of Lowes and received a call from one of his assistants and she took care of it all.

The check came today so the company did do what they said. Just the protection plan people that were stonewalling me.

Original review posted by user Jan 02, 2018

I bought a GE Washer and Dryer in August 2016 since then it has constantly not spun the clothes out. I called the protection plan and they have send 4 different technicians out and no one has fixed as yet. The latest one was out of Clarksville,Tn AV Repair Specialist who came out and listen to the washer but did not test anything. He said he would order a new motherboard and a sensor along with a valve. He gave me a paper with the companies phone numbers which no one answers. My last contact with the protection plan people was a disgrace as the supervisor was nasty. I have contacted the BBB but doubt if anything will come of that. I have to go buy a new washer as we have been without now a month.
Washer And Dryer Combination Repair
Cons
  • Supervisor on the phone was nasty to me
  • Protection plan is worthless
  • Evidently the so called specialist are not so
Warranty issue
Full refund
  • hard time
  • customer servive

Lowes - Lowe's 737 in Johnson city tn HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

2.2
Save youf money and time. Just do not do business with this people
Review

Lowes in Beaumont, Texas - Lowe's - Still Waiting 11+ Weeks For Flooring & Answers

11 weeks since the day I paid $7000+ for new flooring...and the job has yet to be completed. Local Lowe's management actually hides from me when I come into the store to try and find out any updates. The local Lowe's and Lowe's corp will not acknowledge or dispute my assertion that I was duped into buying more flooring product, more flooring installation products and labor/installation charges than were actually needed. A long standing BBB complaint is still active against Lowe's corp...and every 2 weeks they try to get me and the BBB to close the complaint, while only stating..."...the matter is still pending...". In addition a complaint has been opened with the Texas State Attorney Generals, Consumer Protection division, for price gouging...in association with flooding as a result of hurricane Harvey. My multiple requests for a meeting with: the local Lowe's management, the flooring contractor, the flooring sub-contractor, Lowe's area and district management, and the corp division of Lowe's that hires their contractors...have all been ignored. In addition, my multiple requests for a detailed accounting of the floor product costs, flooring product installation costs, and labor/installation costs...have all been ignored. Lowe's has blocked me from their corp FaceBook page (Lowe's Home Improvement)...and deleted all posts, comments and replies, made by me regarding my situation and dealings with Lowe's...local and corp (North Carolina). On their corp FB page there is a "Rant or Rave" section where customers can voice their complaints...as of today...they have deleted 4 of my RANT's...(I have posted a total of 15 RANT's)...and their official FB reply to all have been.."...we have forwarded your comments to your case manager..." Have been walking on cold bare concrete floors 11 weeks before Christmas 2017...and I am celebrating the new year, 2018, by still walking on cold bare concrete floors.
Lowes Flooring Installation
Cons
  • Managements refusing to contact me
Pricing issue
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes - Still waiting for job to be done

I Had Went To Lowe's In 2016 to look at Kitchen Cabinets, The Employee Was Shane Cobb That I Dealt With, He Kept Putting The Job Off Saying He Was Going To School For Home Advisor, And Couldn't Do A Job Till Completion Of His School. He Said That When He Did The Job, It Would Look So Amazing And It Would Only Take Around 3 To 4 Days To Complete. I Had Wanted The KraftMaid Cabinets, Which I Got But There Is A Lot Of Flaws In The Cabinets, Lowe's Said They Could Send Them Back But The New Ones Could Be Worse Then The Ones I Sent Back. Countertop I Got I Thought Would Be More Thicker Then The One I Got. I Told Him I Wanted Marble Floor, I Loved Shiny Floors, This Project Cost Me 33,ooo And Some Dollars For A Small Kitchen, I'm Talking Like A Apartment Size Kitchen. I Do Like The Lights They Had Put In. Shane Knew I Lived Alone , 71 yrs Old And I Feel He Took Advantage Of Me. He Would Bring Over Lemons And Oranges From His Fathers Farm, When He Knew He Couldn't Get This Project Going. They Had 3 Different Employees Come Over and Take Pictures Of What Wasn;t Completed And Still Waiting To Be Done. I Have had So Many People Come Look At What They Done For 33,000.00 And All Says I Have Been Taken, Nothing Special Like A Island Or Glass And Lights In The Cabinets. This Was Mothers Day Of 2016, I Had First Went To Lowes, Today Is Dec 31 2018. Shane Had Took My Receipt To Get A Gift Card For Credit Around 36,00 and When He Brought It Back It was All Faded Out, I Had Went To Cabinet Places To Get Prices Of Things.And Knew He Had Taken Advantage.

You DO NOT go to school for home advisor, that's a blatant lie! And unless you live in California, a bowl of oranges and lemons from his dad's farm is impossible.

May to December and the project is still unfinished is asinine. Although Kraftmaid is best cabinet line that Lowe's sells and they care about the quality they send out but if you think there is flaws, then that needs to be corrected immediately.

You can also call Kraftmaid directly if you don't get action from the Lowe's employee , Kraftmaid's phone number is (440) 632-5333.

Granite and quartz countertops come in 2 cm (3/4-inch) or 3 cm (1 1/4-inch) and you should have been told what you were getting. If you weren't told report it to the store manager.

You need to get the store manager involved in this.

Sir or Ma'am

You have been swindled by this employee and you need to contact the manager of the store or corporate offices. Something is very, very wrong that's happened to you.

You need to be proactive and go in to talk to the store manager, he would be embarrassed by what has happened to you! Don't wait any longer, go in to talk to the store manager immediately.

This Project Did Not Include Appliances, And No I Did Not Get The Marble Floors.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Kitchen Remodeling
Order processing issue

Lowes - No, San Francisco Lowe's is EVEN worse.

One Product 7 hours of hold time on phone 6 missed deliveries Won't refund even though we NEVER Got Our Order. Charges in dispute. Worst retail experience in the history of the Universe. {{REDACTED}}
Close this store
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE

Lowes - Poor customer service

went to lowes to buy kitchen package the one in the add was on back order so we ordered another package when it came in they did not call us so drove down to check on when it would arrive some of it was in we told them when we ordered that the fridge did not stay shut this is why we were getting a new one the said delivery would be on Christmas Eve told them this would not work we would do it on the 26th wanted to go to church Christmas Eve on delivery on the 26th they said they would deliver on Saturday in the afternoon between 1/5 Saturday i took everything out unhooked the stove etc went out side to shovel the snow sign on door we were here 8:45 called store they might delivery after 5:00 today not good 3 times and 3 of our day to spend our ,money to get jacked around can't wait to tell our friends so sad Emmie Hegeman 14825 Fox Trail BoxElder SD 57719 F
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • See my comments
Price reduction
  • Total Customer Service Failure

Lowes - Verified by government, DMV, not worthy

I just learned of.this intrusive and vulnerable military only database that lowes has cmisioned yp a THIRD party vendor. Frighteneing and a real twist of "thank you for ypur service". The state rviewed my documents and placed the "V" on my drives license, Department of Defense provided me with an identifaction card, and to.shop at lowe's for a 10% discount, i must allow.the for money corporatiom to store my information even a do not call phone alomg with ALL veterans in a military consumer databse. ENOUGH!!!! I have seen the horrors of sercing after 9-11. I am one of many inVESTED Americans. I wanted to shop and thought 10% was good. Well, freedom cost much more than the corporate marketing machine willl ever honor. I want my Freedom from databases that can and will be hacked by ISIS. I urge other military to either boycott the company or stop giving your.informtion for 10%. This idea has horrible consequences for many veterans! I will never shoo at another Lowes and vow to ignite others to this unsafe and compromising "shiny penny" veteran marketing trap. Freedom is NOT free. As VESTED American, I will go to companies that truly appreciate that fact.
#1412069

You should appreciate the fact that they even offer to give you a discount. There are a lot of other deserving people out there that are just as deserving of a discount and they don't get one.

You don't hear them crying about it do you?

If you don't like the system they have in place, you don't have to accept the discount. Of course you'll say you'll you will go elsewhere but we all know that the other stores that offer a discount have their policies as well.

#1411919

It's a privilege, not something that's owed to you. You were payed for your service.

Everything beyond that is a benefit. Register for it and stop whining, snowflake.

a kindergartner could write a more legible review

View more comments (2)

Lowes - Return

I have been shopping at a local lower store for yrs. However a recent experience changed my mind. I bought some plumbing parts. The guy at the store helped me pick up things that I may need and told me to buy more as I did not know the size for sure. Unfortunately I could not find the receipt. When I brought leftover back to the store. told that I can not return with no receipt. I used to get store credit for that. but they changed the return policy. I did review the return policy on the website. It states vaguely. They can explain the way in their favor, such as refuse or limit you. I need to be careful with purchase and keep receipts. On the other hand, it makes me think twice to go to Lowes. Just don't have the same truth and faith as before. Lowes may save some money by doing these, but they will lose some customers for many years of business.

LOL ISIS is gonna *** the database of Lowe's verified military veterans and...do what with that information? You wackos really drink the Kool Aid.

To avoid these situations, get a MyLowes card. It's free and it's sole purpose to act as a filing cabinet for all Lowe's receipts.

It keeps record of everything you buy, but you have to show the card to the cashier while purchasing each time you make a purchase, it's easy to use. Ask for a MyLowes card.

so you admit you knew you will need to return surplus items yet didnt save receipts??

You are going to find the same policy most anywhere you shop. Make too many returns without a receipt and you get cut off.

This is because shoplifters will never have a receipt when they try to return products they have stolen. Rather than not taking back product without a receipt at all, stores allow a few returns for people that actually loose a receipt but limit their loses due to theft by not taking everything back. Stores may also refuse no receipt returns on expensive of frequently stolen products. Bottom line is that stores are under no obligation to take anything back.

Where ever you shop it's a good idea to keep your receipts until you are sure you are going to use the items you buy and also on items of value until the warranty runs out. Don't blame the store for your inability to hang on to your receipts.

The law states that ANY retailer can refuse a return without a receipt to prove that 1) it was bought there and not at a competitor. 2) you are not trying to make money off of an item bought somewhere else at a lower price and trying to return it at a higher price, and most importantly 3) that it is not an item that you stole off the shelf from them the day before and are trying to return for cash.

The laws are pretty clear on this.

View more comments (4)
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in South San Francisco, California - Worst store ever

The store on bay shore in San Francisco should just be {{Redacted}}. The worst customer service I have ever seen. It’s close to my office so occasionally I need to drop by. Every time I regret my choice. Waited an hour yesterday to pick up an online order. I finally said I cant wait any longer and asked that they bring my order to customer service and I will pick up in the morning. Well here I am 6am as doors open. Nothing. So I have waited 16 min so far and it’s still not here. Total incompetence. Worst part is nobody seems to give a ***. I hate this place

They do not care about you ,go to home depot next time

Stop being a lazy *** and go pick your product off the shelf. Problem solved.

"on bay shore in San Francisco should just be blown up."

if it does you'll be the prime suspect

In the future, just go into the store and make your purchase. Stores should just quit this BS idea of ordering on line for in-store pick up.

If it's ordered on-line it should be shipped to the customer. No reason to order on-line i you are going to the store anyway.

View more comments (3)
Poor customer service

Lowes - Lowe's and their warranty provider refuse to adhere to the extended warranty that I purchased

Lowe's and their warranty provider refuse to adhere to the extended warranty that I purchased. I purchased a Samsung True Convection 5 Burner Gas Range on November 30, 2016, this purchase included the extended warranty for this appliance. On December 24, 2017 there was an odor similar to gas emanating from the oven portion of the range. I immediately called our gas provider (Duke Energy) for fear that there was a gas leak that could lead to carbon monoxide poisoning. A repair person from Duke inspecting the gas lines and deemed that the issue was coming from the oven not correctly burning the CO2 when the oven was lit. We were advised to not use the oven, but were given verbal guidance that it was safe to use the cook top. We contacted Lowe's to ask about the extended warranty we purchased (we were 24 days outside of our 1 year manufacturer warranty), they agreed to send someone out to fix the oven on December 27, 2017. The next day was Christmas and with very limited options for feeding my family, we utilized the cook top. On December 27, 2017 a representative from the repair company rang my door bell. When I answered the door, my first thought was fear of letting this person in to my home. He gave no credentials or name of who he worked for. This gentleman (I use this term very lightly) entered my kitchen, asked what the problem was, walked to the range, turned on the oven, turned off the oven, turned to me and said he does not know how to fix a gas leak. I explained that it was not a gas leak which was confirmed by the utility provider, but an issue with the oven not burning the CO2 correctly. He said he still doesn't know how to fix that and walked out the door. This "repair person" gave no indication of what was wrong with the oven and I'm fairly certain it's impossible to give a diagnosis after 2 minutes of assessment. From this point, I still have no way of feeding my family of 5 except dining out or using my cook top. I make a call to Lowe's and I am told that the repair man deemed the warranty void because we used the cook top and caused further damage to the range. I am in total disbelief. First, no diagnosis has been given for the oven (the cook top is not the issue). Second, how do they know further damage was caused by using the cook top when the unit was assessed in less than 2 minutes using no tools, etc. Also, I was told if I had not called Duke Energy to assess the problem (which I did only to keep my family safe) that the warranty would not be void because I would not have known to not use the oven. Yes, if I suspected a gas leak I should not have called the proper authority! As of this moment, I have a little over a year old gas range that is not in use with no resolution in sight. I strongly feel Lowe's sells the extended warranty on appliances to collect extra cash from consumers, use a second party to service the extended warranty, and then work very hard to find any way possible to deem the warranty void.
Product
Lowes Warranty
Warranty issue
Preferred solution
Repair range, if unable to fix new range