Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes in Columbus, Mississippi - LOWE'S RECOMMENDED SERVICE REPAIR A DISASTER

3.8
My three year old Whirlpool refrigerator not under warranty ceased cooling and commenced to make an unending loud noise. Lowe's referred me to Houlka Appliance in Houlka, MS as their recommended repair service. Months later the business remained inept and unresponsive as our two conditions, cooling and noice, grewe worse. Waiting on a part for weeks they said, yet when repaired by a competent service a part was not required. Lowe's should screen their recommended repair services better and this business should be avoided. This will terrible experience will determine where I shop and purchase in the future. WWE
Review
Pros
  • 5 percent discount on charge purchases
Cons
  • Service referral
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Simply to inform Lowe's of its service providers

Lowes - Return problems

Returns are always an issue at Lowes. Never buy anything at Lowes that there is any chance you might return. Unlike all other stores, Lowes sells some items at only certain locations and you must drive to that location to return. If you do not have the receipt, it is impossible to return. Went to highland and ridge in Cincinnati to return $30.00 item, they said it was not on my credit card. Returned home to get my receipt, went back and they said the same thing. Showed them my receipt and card, which matched, they said they did not know why this happened. Only happens at Lowes. I only shop at Lowes once a year. Walk into Lowes and Home Depot, 20 people in Home Depot to every 1 in Lowes. Also, Lowes must work hard to find the laziest , most unfriendliy people that they can find. I am reporting this to the state,I believe they are intentionly cheating customers on returns.

Sounds like you have a problem holding on to receipts. Maybe try being a responsible adult.

No retailer is required by law to take ANY return without a proof of purchase (receipt). That is the law in every state. It keeps the retailers from being ripped off by people that steal stuff and try to return it for cash.

View more comments (1)

Lowes - They thought they could lie to me

Hahaa, so I went to return a wire I bought the day after I purchased it. The lady said they don’t accept those back and even called the manager to ask and said he also confirmed what she told me. Well, I had a funny feeling she lied to me so I went to a different location to check if I can return it, well I found out that the lady did lie because they gladly accepted my return. I know I look younger than my age, and most people might think that young girls are dumb but guess what, that’s not true for all of us. Just wish and will try to get her fired and the manager. Nobody likes lazy people.

Was the wire cut to size? If so, the first employee was correct and the second one broke policy.

It has nothing to do with being lazy.

A return takes a few seconds. Talking to you was probably much more tiring.

LOWES DON'T KNOWS

2.6
LOWES DON'T KNOWS
On Nov. 30 I did a search for and electric meat smoker. The browser came up with several. One at Lowe.s was marked $79.00, 51% off. So I go to order it and the price when ordering was $169.00. quite a difference. I called lowes and talked to a Hay;den. He just said it i s $169.00 and completely ignored that it was advertised at 79. he hung up on me. SO I went back and searched again and there it w as at $79. so I called back and got a Ryan this time. He said he would check. After keeping me on the phone he comes up with an charcoal smoker for $78. I told him that was not t he smoker and gave him the model number JMSS. Made by Masterbuilt. SO again I am put on hold. After waiting for a half an hour he comes back and says it is $169.00. Now I am upset so I explained to him I had ordered a stove from Lowes and it took 6 communications with them to get the right price on that. He abruptly hung up on me.
Review
Cons
  • Wasting my time trying to spend 80 dollars
Pricing issue
Loss
Price reduction
  • Lowes terrible customer service

Lowes in Yonkers, New York - Store manager doesnt care about customers

1.9
Store manager greg henry is the more arrogant people i have ever met. Lowes does not take returns after 90 days and home depot does with no problems- greg henry told me well thats lowes policy and i should shop at home depot - never going back. I spend over 10k-20k per year on materials for renovations - i am now home depot only shopper.

The worst store in the UnitedStates

So because YOU can’t find the time to return your item within one month of purchasing it, Lowe’s now gets to be punished by you for YOUR laziness. Are you unable to read??

It CLEARLY states the time frame for returns ON THE RECEIPT!! So please tell us all WHY you feel Lowe’s is bad for following their return policy?? I hate to burst that rosey bubble but Home Depot has the exact same return policy. 30 days.

So in 360 hours that they are open in a one month timeframe you couldn’t find the time to return your items? It sound like you are the real problem and not Lowe’s. Grow up and move on you did this to yourself 100%. You’re just mad that you couldn’t get your way and because they stuck to their policies YOU feel you need to punish THEM for telling YOU NO!!

You’re acting like a teenaged little girl. It must be your training bra riding up on you.

Why Just Why, If thats the policy then follow it. They made the rule for a reason just like Anonymous said, what if they made that a part of the policy so the item to still be sellable.

Stores have policies like this for a reason. People like you let excess products sit around a job site, garage or wherever collecting dust and paint overspray for months and then bring them back after they have been discontinued and replaced with other items or in a condition no one would want to pay full price for. Quit buying more than you need and if you do bring it back right away while it is still in a sellable condition.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Van Buren, Arkansas - Worst experience ever

3.5
Ordered a fridge with specific install directions. Was told no problem several times by the salesman. Got a call the day before to schedule delivery. Told them once again what would have to be done, again no problem. Got a call the day of delivery that it was against company policy to complete install as requested but they would try a different way. Their way didn't work. Told them to take the fridge back to the store as it was the day before thanksgiving and we had no where to store it and no one to install it. Called ans filed complaint with corporate, was told I would get a phone call from the store in 72 hours. Fast forward to Tuesday when I check my account to find they credited the fridge back to our account; also still no call from the store. Called corporate again. They called the store and had them call me within minutes. All local could tell me was that they didn't know who returned it without my authorization but I would have to come back to the store to purchase the fridge again. I was only offered an apology. After I receive the fridge, my purchases with Lowe's with be no more. Horrible experience. Got tje deep freeze and will hopefully get the diahwasher when they bring the fridge! Sadly I use to enjoy it getting all our renovation supplies there.

To add to this experience, the rebate gift card they offered, got rejected. The ad said when you purchase 3 or more items, the receipt stated that we received and paid for them.

Yet it got denied and we were asked to send it in again, but to a different address.

It got denied AGAIN. Hmmm...seems a little shady to me.

Nope didn't refuse delivery. If you would actually read it...they delivered the day before Thanksgiving.

They lied about being able to install it. They were told to take it back to the store as we had no where to store it nor anyone to install it. Not once were they told to return it.

After calling corporate the 1st time I was told they would call me. That never happened either.

And what are the details of the install that made it a “special install”.

@1592PCFL

It was told to them several times that it had to be lifted over a stationary countertop island. Was told no problem just let them know when they call to schedule delivery by Sam.

Whats the problem? You refused delivery and they refunded your money.

@1592PCFL

Negative NEVER refused delivery. Had no where to store a fridge the day before thanksgiving nor any one to help install it.

View more comments (5)
Order processing issue

Pissed Moses Lake Lowes store

I ordered 2 sets of Hitachi sawhorses online, paid for them . Store say's they have 5 in stock. I get a message on my phone, your order is ready for pick up. cool. I get to the store, customer service is swamped. So I walk around the store about 3 times. I can't find them, so I find the manager, he checks on the computer 5 in stock . He looks but he can't find them. So after an hour and a half still no luck. Why would they tell me the item is ready for pick up if they physically didn't have them in hand? Know I'm in the line ( customer service) another 30 minutes. I finally get the money credited to Lowes card. So what a waste of time , gas, driving clear across town, my attitude. I've cut up sore cards for less aggravation . PISSED CUSTOMER
Review
Pros
  • 5 percent discount on charge purchases
Cons
  • Disinterest on the part of lowes employees
  • Time to find product in store
Order processing issue
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
  • Angry Homeowner

Lowes - that one friendly people I ever seen in my life

Every time I go to Lowes is my last resort due to no Home Depots are not in my area the people that work in Lowe's looks like the R Train to be ***

You can't even make a post that makes any amount of sense and you question the intelligence of Lowes employees? Did you ever stop to think that the problem may be yours? If you can't write a complaint that makes sense you may not be able to verbally communicate in a way their employees can understand.

Poor customer service

Lowes in Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina - Nightmare

2.1
Simply ordered a new refrigerator on line. Easy. Delivery was set up. Great! Never received the delivery after three days of calling Lowe’s and having different managers tell me conflicting stories. Even had a manager tell me tthat I would get a gift card for my trouble. Another manager would call back. Never did. The delivery company XPO was just as bad telling me the delivery was set up but it never was set up. Only bright spot- John Denny was able to cancel the order for me. He did what I asked. I will never shop at Lowe’s again. Won’t be too much longer until they are closing down if this is considered good customer service!

This is so crazy that I'm even commenting but I'm actually going through the same situation today. The only difference is I ordered something in the store (a washer and a dryer) and was told it would be delivered today between 12 and 2 here it is almost 5 and I have no washer and no dryer.

I called XPO who would be delivering it and was told that someone in the store cancelled my order. Nobody from Lowe's has even called me to let me know that they cancelled my order. I am so upset and not to mention I just got off the phone with the store where I purchased the washer and dryer and was told someone would get back to me later about what happened.

WTF! I will never buy anything else from Lowe's again!

Problem with delivery

Lowes in Beaumont, Texas - Lowe's - Sell More Flooring & Installation Labor Than Needed

4.0
We are a flooding victim of hurricane Harvey flooding. Went to Lowe's for our carpet and vinyl flooring needs. After the fact, I found out that Lowe's has one and only one flooring installation contractor...a company called Keller Interiors, Inc...they are a nation wide company also. Lowe's lets Keller Interiors sub contract flooring installation...in my case...a company called Creative Solutions...who in turn hires sub-sub-contractors to do the actual labor. The Lowe's contractors over measured and over stated both by carpet and vinyl needs by almost 100%...why would they do that you ask?...because the contractors make all of their money on labor installation charges by the square foot, plus any associated installation products they claim they need to do the job. In turn the contractors tell Lowe's the inflated numbers for carpet and vinyl to sell the customer (ME...and I suspect a lot of other people who are not paying attention). A Better Business Bureau complaint (#520556) has been filed by me against Lowe's Corp in North Carolina (at the advise of my local BBB). The local Lowe's, Store #95, has quit talking to me...while I continue to post on their Face Book page...I suspect because the Lowe's Corp office has been getting exact copies of the FB posts in the RANT & RAVE section of their FB page. 12/1/2017 marked 3 weeks that the BBB complaint has been filed and Lowe's Corp has yet to do anything...and they have stopped their one per week calls to me, wanting to know if I have any new info to report. You think there are a lot of complaints here...take a look on the Lowe's Corp FB page...the RANT & RAVE section...they are loaded up...it takes hours and hours just to wade through a couple of months of complaints. As of today I have 4 RANTS posted (Clint W). Yesterday 12/1/2017 I went to the local Lowe's store because it is impossible to get any manager on the phone...and I waited 1:20 at the customer service desk for a manager...Jamie L. (an assistant mgr), that was paged over the store intercom 3 times...he and the actual store manager are avoiding me...I suspect...at the direction of Lowe's Corp...thinking I will just go away. Because Lowe's has one and only one contract for flooring installation...it is like the fox guarding the hen house...there are no checks and balances if the customer has an issue...there is only one flooring contractor that Lowe's has teamed up with.
billybaloneey

For some reason when I posted this Lowe's complaint...it ended up giving them 4 stars...it should be giving them 1 star.

Review
Pros
  • Front line red vest employees are great and helpful
Cons
  • Local store managers avoiding me
Pricing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
A refund for excess material and labor, and an investigation of their flooring contractor and sub contractors.
  • Inflating Customer Needs