Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes Return Without a Receipt

3.3
I bought a HDTV antenna about 2 weeks ago at Lowes. I couldn't get even one channel with the thing. I probably paid cash since it wasn't on my debit card. I try to use cash often to avoid the damn credit fraud which shuts my card down every so often. Rep enters all the info and spits out a stupid little receipt that says they can't accept the return without a receipt. Screw them. I shop in there all the time. I have so many receipts its a PITA to track them. So WTF do I do with a useless friggin antenna. I like to shiove it up their ARS! They might be surprised by the damage that can be done to merchandise in the store. Scratched sliding door glass, power tools with cut cords, etc. Just started to think of the things that could be damaged by a pissed off customer. I'll get my money back! Stupid friggin greedy business managers to decide that they don;t want to accept a return of a product only they sell. He who laughs last, laughs hardest! I'll be ROTFLMAO!

The reason they won't accept your return without a receipt is that you have mad too many returns without receipts. Most stores limit returns without receipts because that's the only way thieves return the products they have stolen.

In the future hang on to your receipts till you are sure you are going to use the item, or in the case of more expensive products with a warranty, till the warranty has expired. Stores aren't responsible to babysit you and your record keeping.

It's your own fault. If you can't keep track of a simple receipt or even use MyLowes (the training wheels equivalent for keeping your receipts) then you can't blame anybody but yourself.

So you can't hold onto a receipt. The only person to blame is yourself.

Nobody cares how much money you spend there. You're gonna damage merchandise just because you can't be responsible enough to keep track of your own purchases?

That just makes them jack up the prices for everything else you buy. What a loser.

@Snjhi

You’re an ***. They change policy and I’m stuck with merchandise! Screw them!

@Ledguy

There's been no change to the return policy for over a decade. Nice try, loser.

@Snjhi

You’re too stupid to argue with. Read the policy change they implemented before you stick your shlong in your mouth. Cant hear you!

Who hurt you?

@Anonymous

Lowes!

@Ledguy

Wrong, you are the guilty.

@Ledguy

Wrong, your own fault. Hopefully you will be arrested for property damage.

View more comments (9)
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Thoughts of revenge
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes review: No credibility regarding delivery of product.

Store checked and assured us they would have the product delivered by a specific date. Product was paid for (Debit ) and again was told please do not worry, we will have it there on time. We waited until the final hour and finally contacted Lowes and was told only then that they were out of stock and not to expect it until Feb. 2018. We then requested an immediate refund but was told it could take up to 10 days.because that is our policy. When questioned customer service (Corp ) we were told we cannot change our policies. Yet my question is, assurances that we would get the item for a special gift on time with no exceptions , was regarded as SORRY things happen.We could have bought it elsewhere if we knew in time Lowes had little credibility on the word assurances , we would have acted in a different manner. POOR Customer Service to say the least. We are sending back our Lowes Card and will be the spokesman on why not to shop at Lowes. As we were told, this is not an exception but rather a common situation with the company.
Problem with delivery
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes review in Northglenn, Colorado: Worst Retailexperiance of my 56 year life!!!!!!

Ordered stock Micro-wave Nov. 19th 2017 was told it would arrive Dec. 4th 2017 account was charged at this time. The delivery date was moved from the 4th to the 13th via phone call and then moved again to the 21st with much complaining and the run around still not sure if I will ever get my micro-wave and had to pay interest on the charge already as it has been a month. So in my mind Lowes has stolen $325.16 now I know you don't care and $325.16 is nothing to you but it is to me, I will not shop at you establishment again and will let all friends and family my *** experience.

Obviously it wasn't in stock if you had to order it. The problem with ordering appliances (doesn't make any difference where you order it) is that the manufacturer tells the store when it should arrive.

Unfortunately if they don't have any in their warehouse when the truck leaves the only way the store knows is when the truck shows up with a packing list saying the appliance was backordered. When the store calls the manufacturer they get told it should be on next weeks truck and the only way the store will know if it is going to be longer is when next weeks truck comes with another back order ticket.

Don't blame the store, it's the manufacturer that can't communicate a proper delivery date. You will find the problem is the worst with the 2 big Korean manufacturers due to long shipping times from Korea.

Order processing issue

Lowes review: Pissed as ***

3.6
I brought a Samsung 24 plus feet fridge from Lowe's in Batesville Mississippi with three year warranty. Paid cash for the fridge and another Hundred for the warranty. Damm fridge stopped freezing Lowe shipped another Samsung same model, it quit too, all this within one year. two fridge in one year. the first time some tech try all he could over the phone to fix t by telling me to hold down three push button to get it out of the cool down mode. guest what? never worked. Samsung fridge a piece of garbage and they know it. this is a warning to all consumer. stay away from South Korea made product. Nothing but a waste of money and time. ***, Lowes does not even want them back. They tell you to do whatever you want to with the product. leaving it up to you for disposal. As far as food spoilage reimbursement within 21 days after file claim. that too is a totally fraudulent claim, takes months. personally thinking about sue all three, Lowes, Samsung and warranty holder in class action lawsuit. too *** with small claims. too many of us. same problems, same store, same company same warranty holders. smells fishy does'nt it.

The moral: Stop buying appliances with computer chips in them. Buy the absolute basic bottom dollar model with no frills at all. The days of appliances lasting 20 years are gone when you try to add touch screens, smart features and all that extra ***.

Product
Samsung Electronics Refrigerator
Warranty issue
Full refund

Lowes review in Manchester Township, New Jersey: It can't possibly get any worse

In 69 years of life, I've never ever experienced customer service (if I dare to call it that) as poor as Lowe's. This branch was in Manchester, N. J. They sold me a refrigerator they didn't have in stock and weren't able to get for two weeks. I decided to deal with the inconvenience, but that was only the beginning. Long, long, long, long story short, I ended up screaming like a little boy at the general manager, assistant manager, appliance department manager and the delivery manager. No doubt I've lost a year of my life. Every one of them dropped the ball and would never return a call. Complete and total apathy. Nothing but lies and false promises from all of them. After suffering without a refrigerator for almost three weeks, they had me by more short hairs. I had to settle for a unit I didn't want and didn't initially purchase and never got so much as an apology from anyone. This is only the gist of a nightmare. I ended up with a (dented fridge), scratched door jams, scratched door casings and a chipped wall inside my house. At that point, I turned to the delivery (boys) and told them to leave the fridge and I would install it and hook up the ice maker. Just get the *** out of my house! Stay away from Lowe's. Talk around and you'll find a lot of pissed off people. I am now a Home Depot customer and find them far more helpful, responsible and pleasant. Do as you please! It's your journey.

Home depot is no better. Read all about it at pissedconsumer.com.

@Anonymous

Disagree. While there's no doubt that Home Depot fails at times, Home Depot has the business structure to actively deal with and address their failures.

From phone systems to call center infrastructure to training to a well crafted desire to create a positive customer experience, Home Depot has Lowe's beat hands down. Everyone (and every firm) makes mistakes and bad decisions. Everyone (and every firm) has a bad day or two. Nobody is perfect.

It is how those failures are addressed that makes the difference. Lowe's hasn't gotten there (yet?).

Pissed off customer, then and now!

View more comments (2)
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Read my review
All of the above

Lowes review in Sunnyvale, California: Worst Delivery Service Ever

1.8
Placed an order online for a refrigerator, got a call that night confirming delivery for the next day. Great. Delivery guy calls me the next morning and says, "I'll be there in 10 minutes". Great. 1 hour later. Nothing. 2 hours later. Still nothing. I call the driver. "Oh, I couldn't find your unit. I can't deliver it today. You'll get it tomorrow." The next day. Not a word from the driver or Lowe's. I call Delivery department but nobody picked up for 30 minutes. Can't reach the driver either. I call corporate and they apologize and tell me that the local store will contact me within 24 hours for an explanation. The next day (2 days post initial delivery date) I call local Lowe's. "Oh, it says it has been delivered." Delivery guy blatantly lied. I speak to a manager. "I don't know what happened but I'll try to get you your fridge tomorrow" It's been 3 days since I was supposed to get my refrigerator. Most of my produce has spoiled. Save yourself the nightmare and purchase elsewhere. It will prevent any headaches.
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Worst delivery service ever
  • Floor associate told me false information
Problem with delivery
$2000

Lowes review in Merrillville, Indiana: Horrible

1.3
I purchased a kitchen faucet from Loews in Schererville in on 12/16 installed it the same day. The faucet was leaking so I returned it a couple days later at a different location Merrillville in. I went to customer service with the new faucet and I misplaced my receipt so I was informed I couldn’t use my drivers license for this fair exchange and the card I used wasn’t coming up in their system so the lady told me I had to go back to the store in Schererville and they would be able to help me because there was nothing she could do for me. I asked her isn’t all Lowe’s are the same so why would I have to go back to the store I originally purchased it at? She then calls the store mananger and he comes up and ask her if she tried my I’d and she gave him a look as to say don’t use her I’d. She needs her receipt. He then take a look at the faucet and ask why am I returning it? He then goes to look at it with a frown on his face and asks am I sure I only had it for a couple days because it looks old and their products doesn’t have a defect in it and this is the first he heard of that and there was nothing they could do for me without a receipt. I then tell him to use my bank card. By that time I pulled up my online banking app and showed him my transaction at Lowe’s from 12/26. He then tell me I could have bought any thing at Loews for that much all he know and there’s nothing this store can do for me without a receipt. So I walked out with tears steaming on my face and I called Lowe’s customer service. The customer service rep was very helpful and she was able to pull up my receipt instantly so I turned my car back around, went back in the store for the third time and gave the girl desi my phone and got the problem resolved. I’m not understanding why I wasn’t able to use my Id for a fair exchange? And why wasn’t my card registering cause that was the card I used at the time? And why was I treated so unfairly? The faucet was only 245.00. It’s not like I was asking for money back or exchanging something for thousands of dollars? I would never step foot in that store again and I’m not gonna stop with my Storey of unfairness. I will be contacting the bbb to let them know how I was treated and I couldn’t use my Id for this fair exchange

You have to have a receipt. That is the law.

Any other attempts to get you a refund were done as a courtesy by Lowe's. This is to keep people from trying to steal from them and rip them off.

They get kind of nasty when people try to return items without a receipt because it happens many times a day and those people are trying to steal from them. And no, they are under no obligation by law to provide you with a copy of any receipt.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes review in Monroe, Louisiana: Salesperson sold me the wrong item in the shirt maybe it was

1.8
Lazy salesman assured me that the toilet I bought was the correct one on the front of the box . I told him to look in the box and make sure,"he said he could not do that."Well the man installed the toilet that was working for me I didn't think to look in the box; because he told me it was the right one. Guess what I come home to the wrong toilet in my house and I knew better shouldn't trust salesman they suck so Lowe's hire new people I'm so disappointed I think you need to come install the correct one and uninstall this one for me.

Yes, the Lowe's employee can open the box for you to look inside, and he/she should help you look inside. Uninstall it and take it back with your receipt.

Tell them the salesman told you the wrong thing. He was a lazy employee!

So... you are mad, at lowes...

for selling you a toilet that had the wrong unit in the box, that comes directly from the manufacturer.

That's like taking your car back to the dealership to complain you picked up a nail in the tire.

If you think Lowes should inspect every piece of there some times 45 Million dollars a year worth of Inventory, you much be crazy.

Respectfully~

View more comments (1)
Review
#1152097 Review #1152097 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Sales Representative
Poor customer service

Lowes review: Dishwasher repair

Bosch dishwasher died in 3 years. Called for service to Lowes. Gave serial number and model number. Informed part is covered but need to pay for labor. Set time - a 4 hour window. Service repair showed up at 3 1/2 hours into the window and in 30 seconds informed me he does not repair Bosch dishwashers. Called to Lowes to complain about wasted time and bad information. Mirella (Customer Care) and Sierra (service) did not care and saif they could do nothing for me. Closed the call with have a nice day. Will NEVER do business with Lowes ever and will go out of my way to bad mouth their bad service and inept employees. I hope they go out of business.
Review
#1151918 Review #1151918 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Dishwasher Repair
Reason of review
bad product and customer service to repair. Employees do not care.
Preferred solution
repaire the dishwasher at no charge or provide new appliance

Lowes review in Phoenix, Arizona: WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EXPERIENCED IN MY 50 PLUS YEARS

I ALSO POSTED A REVIEW ON TWITTER. THIS HAS BEEN A NIGHTARE. TO SUMMARIZE: THIS IS FOR AN LG SIDE BY SIDE REFRIGERATOR. THE FIRST FEW DAYS IN AUGUST 2017, THE REFRIGERATOR STOPPED COOLING. I LOST ALL OF THE FOOD. IT TOOK LOWES 11 DAYS TO FINALLY HAVE THE COMPRESSOR REPLACED. I RENTED A REFRIGERATOR, AND AM STILL WAITING FOR A REIMBURSEMENT. I WAS TOLD THAT THEY NEED ME TO RESUBMIT (THIS AS OF 12/12/2017), SO I AM RESUBMITTING MY RECEIPTS FOR THE RENTAL FOR THE THIRD TIME!!!!!! THE ICE MAKER WENT ON THE FRITZ SHORTLY AFTER THE ISSUE WITH THE COMPRESSOR. 4 SERVICE GUYS HAVE BEEN SENT OUT - THE 4TH ONE AS OF 12/14/2017. HE DECLARED THAT HE WOULD ORDER ANOTHER PART BUT BASICALLY I AM STUCK WITH THE REFRIGERATOR THE WAY THAT IT IS. IT MAKES ICE RANDOMLY- SOMETIMES I HAVE ICE, AND THEN AGAIN IT MAY BE DAYS BEFORE I SEE ANOTHER ICE CUBE. THIS IS *** I GOT A LEMON, AND THE FRIG SHOULD BE REPLACED. I WILL NEVER SHOP AT LOWES AGAIN FOR ANYTHING BIGGER THAN A LIGHT BULB AGAIN. AND FORTUNALEYLY A HOME DEPOT IS JUST A COUPLE BLOCKS FROM LOWES.

Why are you blaming the retail store for the problem you are having with your refrigerator? It seems like your complaint would be with LG.

Lowe's didn't make the fridge, IG did. Home Depot probably sells the exact same one.

Your complaint should be directed to IG. (which in case you didn't know, is a cheap Korean company whose products are no better than any other imported products).

View more comments (1)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Lack of response
  • Customer service is unresponsive
  • Customer service was unbeleivably
Poor customer service