Franklin, North Carolina
3.0

I bought a $1500 whirlpool convection gas range in late July. By mid August the oven quit working and has never worked since.

It is under warranty but whirlpool took a month to get a guy out and even then he didn't fix it. Instead he said he would call us in 2-3 days. That was 3 weeks ago. Never heard from him again.

My local lowes tried many times to call the repair guy but said he would not answer and there was no way to leave a message. My local lowes appliances manager made several more calls and finally got them to agree to give me a gift card for the purchase price if they didn't have it fixed by today. You guessed it, I tried to get my gift card sent to me today and while they didn't deny that I was promised one, they said that the person who promised had no authority to do so. A call to corporate headquarters was even less helpful.

The sweetheart there told me in no uncertain terms that Lowes was not about to help me and that I should just buy another one...at my expense. Can ya freaking believe?

So they will not be sending my gift card after all. I have to have a service guy out 3 times before they will do that. Well...I'm waiting.

By the time they stall enough to have a service guy out 3 times, the warranty will have expired. Then they can explain that they can't help me.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

• Weg730h0ds

Comments

Why are you complaining about Lowes. Whirlpool made the range and is responsible for the warranty repair (if you purchased a service plan from Lowes it starts after the 1 year manufacturer warranty).

What aren't you complaining about Whirlpool and their service rather than Lowes? Your time would be better spent contacting Whirlpool customer care directly and dealing with them. Why get Lowes in the middle trying to schedule service when you can contact Whirlpool directly? It would be much more efficient if you were talking to Whirlpool rather than having Lowes call them and then have to check with you to see if the appointment they scheduled works?

Take time to read your warranty and understand how it works. Verbal statements mean nothing, just what is on you written warranty.

Backyarddad
to Anonymous #1060759

I'm complaining about Lowes because I bought my stove from them instead of other outlets because of their promise to take care of their customers. As a business owner myself, I know that Lowes has much more influence with Whirlpool than I do.

If you buy a product from me and it does not meet your expectations I will make it right on your first visit. I will refund your money or get you an alternative product right then.

Later, I will contact the manufacturer and of course they will work it out with me. This is the service I expect from Lowes or any retailer that I spend thousands of dollars a year with.