Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - HORRIBLE

Delivery!!!!!! Lowes has a policy with delivery that they start in Pittsburgh and they work their way back to cranberry. So if you live a half a mile from the Lowe's in cranberry you have to wait all day long to receive your merchandise. Then, if it's raining or the guys are running behind schedule forget about it The delivery guys are supposed to call you when they are on their way you wait all day long and they never call and then you have to call the store and get in touch with somebody at the store and you get put on hold and you get disconnected. Very very very dissatisfied with the way that they have their delivery set up even when you please request that you get your delivery early too bad too sad this is the way we do things we go to Pittsburgh and we work our way back . They have no consideration for the customer what so ever and you know if I have to purchase another item from Lowe's that has to be delivered I will think twice in fact I won't do it at all I will go to another store. And it's not because of the store it's not because of your prices it's because of your delivery system.

Do you think zig zagging back and forth through the delivery area is more efficient? If you were the last load scheduled you would get it even later due to the extra miles put on during the day because they weren't doing deliveries in the order of distance from the store. Seem like some people just look for a reason to complain.

@Anonymous

Then don't advertise that you will do something,when clearly you can't

There are several stores that take pride in good service, I'm wondering what Lowes Corp would say to your "anonymous"

comment.

Why do people take jobs they don't want to do?

View more comments (1)
Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes in Tyler, Texas - Awful i will never go there for anything again

I went to the lowes store in tyler texas several times to talk about installing carpet in my new home. Everytime there was no one there who could help.. Or anyone who seemed interested to help.. I felt like a bother ! Finally a man took our phone number and said they would call to shecduale an appointment to measure our carpet .. A week later someone called and i didnt answer i called right back noome picked up ... Its been weeks and still no reply and they litterly send me to voicemail.. Ive called the store serveral times and noone in flooring will amswer ... Ive waisted weeks on them!!!

"Everytime there was no one there who could help..

Or anyone who seemed interested to help.."

Behold the result of corporate cost cutting. Lowes like many other corporate entities cut pay and hours.

It's no wonder people aren't treating you the way they may have back in the day when they were treated like real people instead of numbers on a spread sheet.

Your demand for cheap everything is fueling this.

You can say you're going somewhere else but it's the same thing everywhere.

The friendly older dude has been run out and replaced by a younger, cheaper person who doesn't care or was jaded to the point where he will only give service up to the value of his salary. Go beyond isn't rewarded these days nor should it be expected.

Lowes Carpet Installation
Poor customer service

Lowes needs more "Jerry" s !!!

After unsatisfactory parts/ project inquiries at box stores in Muskegon, went to Lowes and asked building materials gentleman at back counter if someone with some building experience was on staff. He asked what my project was in replied he had some experience - and did he ever !!! On the way to the parts two different guests were obviously floundering for help. He asked my permission each time and then resolved their problem/needs in a quick easy going way ! WoW ! Then he showed me my options cautioning me to make sure I followed local codes! Give him a raise and then clone him !!!!
Good customer service

Lowes - Workers having too much personal fun saying we are busy

1.7
Today 11/17/2017. I went to buy a washer and dryer waited half hour for someone to help me. After that waited and ask if I could pay for them and was told to take it up front because they were busy but all but One where laughing and talking with each other I did as told and the lady at customs Service was on the phone waited for 10mins and she told me to go to check out line I explain that I wanted to pay for my washer and dryer and the lady said I’m busy take it to the check out line I again did as told and took it to check out line. I told her why I was there and she was new and said I was told not to hold my line up but I will help you the best that I can the line started to get sooo long but she smile and made me feel so much better she finally closed so that all the other customers could move on to another line. It took her awhile but she did it and I wanted to thank Felicia at the Lowes Trotwood in Dayton Ohio. Or maybe Felina but if it wasn’t for her I would had walked out of the store. Workers there need to no Customers come first, before personal fun!!!!
Poor customer service

Another Customer Lowes can care less about.

I also bought a water softer, it lasted about a year. I bought a 4 year warranty with it. When it went bad, they offer only the money of the product I bought. When I bought it, they said it was a service contract, but they do not offer service in my area. Now that it is broke, they only want to replace the product with a gift card to their store and I will have to pay for the delivery fee and the service contact all over again. Hmm. Something that should not cost me a thing to replace is now costing me $$$$$. That is the biggest scam to consumers I have ever seen. What a markup to charge a customer for a product they had a service contract on. Buyer beware of the warranties. I don't know now what to do, because I still need a water softer, but don't have the money to pay for delivery and purchase the new agreement. I don't believe I should have too. What do you think customers?

no product defect warranty, which is what you have, covers shipping and installation. Just for the replacement of the product itself.

That is the way the law is written. Why would they go above and beyond what the law stipulates, especially when they have people crawling over themselves to shop there?

I'd take time to read over your contract. Most of them cap the cost of repairs they will do at the purchase price of the item.

As they can't repair it, they are giving you the full purchase price of the water softener. Sounds reasonable to me. Not much different than car insurance. If it costs more to repair than to replace, they give you the value of the car.

You still have to get new license plates and a new insurance policy. I'd be happy they are giving me my money back.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • See my comments
Warranty issue
Full refund

Lowes in Butler, New Jersey - Poor, not very responsive, no sense of urgency

2.3
Ordered and fully paid for a Pergo laminate floor to be installed for 2 guest rooms before the arrival of our guests for Thanksgiving. Delivery men would not deliver pallet of flooring inside house - left it in cold garage for week and a half before I could get it into the proper rooms to acclimate. Had to aggressively call and chase down installers to set date for installation that was convenient for THEM. Bottom line, not installed before Thanksgiving. We had to cancel Thanksgiving family dinner because we had no place to sleep long distance visitors. Very pissed off. Still trying to get return calls from store and department managers to resolve. The only response I got was from a trucker who tried to pick up the flooring from the house at 7:30am one morning this week. No reference to the $4330 of my money they are still holding. Beware, management at this store is not very responsive.

Most deliveries from home centers are off the back of the truck unless you make arrangements and pay extra to have product brought into the house. You shouldn't have waited to get it inside if thats where you wanted it. I doubt you are the only customer on the schedule for installation and they shouldn't be expected to bump someone else to get your job done.

Lowes Flooring Installation
Cons
  • Poor management response to my issue
  • Store management
Price reduction

20 plus years of shopping at lowes/ I am still just a number

I have shopped at lowes for over 20 years, I never go to home depot unless they are out of stock on an item. I purchase no less than 2500 dollars worth of items every month in lowes for my business. I have recently been told that the 10 percent discount that I have been getting for years is going to just be 5 percent. They told me that I had to sign up for a lowes card or I wouldn't receive a discount at all. WHAT happened to the days of treating a customer like a customer and not a number!!! My last purchase at Lowes Montgomery store 441, the general manager no less told me that if I didn't have the lowes card I couldn't get the 5 percent discount. Unreal..... these people all know me by name because I shop in the same store for years, and I am there on a daily basis, but now policy gets in the way of treating a customer like a customer.....??? I bet the first store in North Carolina didn't talk to a 20 year customer like a number. Upper level management has the local store manager so scared that he is going to loose his job if he steps outside of the box to help a loyal customer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is wrong with this picture... ????? I can't be mad at the manager because he was just told to repeat a policy that upper level management comes up with from behind their desk...that doesn't really fit the real world. Lowes has a program called QSP to get a discount for contractors, but they have to be able to predict everything they are going to need during the month and purchase it all at one time!!!! I am good but I can't do miracles and I can't predict the future. And some months my small business couldn't afford to make a month's worth of purchases at one time anyway..... !!! I would like to be treated like a loyal customer is that really so much to ask....., not.... having to speak to a manager who is scared that they will loose their job if they somehow treat me a little bit differently. Maybe we should all just shop at Home Depot. Dan Reeder

Actual employees are only numbers to Lowe's, what makes you think being a customer is any different? You think the the executives and the shareholders know your name?

lol What policy has granted you the 10% discount you've been receiving anyway?

Is it a military discount? Because in that case you've never had a right to be receiving it for commercial purposes in the first place.

It looks like this is a policy that fits the real world. In the real world there is more and more competition every day.

There are more and more on-line stores competing with lower prices. It's harder for stores to increase prices as the cost of good go up. To stay in business the brick and mortar stores need to look for ways to cut costs to remain competitive with on-line stores. How do they do this?

They cut back on the number of people working in the stores, keep the stores warmer in the summer, cooler in the winter. They cut back on discounts and promotions. They encourage the use of store credit cards instead of cards like Visa and master card that get a cut of every sale. They don't pay these fees on a store card.

All businesses must make a profit if they plan on keeping the doors open. Yes they are a big company, but big companies fail as well.

Look at K-Mart, Sears, JC Penny, all big companies, but look at the stores they are closing due to lagging profits. Open your eyes to what is going on out there in the real world.

The policy was changed to appease the Lowe's stockholders. That's what Lowe's exists for. The customer is ALWAYS secondary to the stockholders.

View more comments (2)
Preferred solution
Make a policy that fits the real world, and doesn't require me to predict everything I am going to be buying in a month!!! I want to shop daily because I don't know what I am going to need in advance. A 10 percent break to loyal customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lowes - Lowe's GE appliance rebate scan

1.7
I purchased over $3000 worth of GE appliances and was supposed to get a measly $50 Lowe's gift card as a rebate. I ordered online so I submitted the paperwork the delivery people gave me as my receipt since I didn't actually get a regular receipt. A month later I was told I didn't qualify for the rebate because I didn't submit a qualifying receipt. I resubmitted with the original paperwork along with copy's of my online order from the my Lowes web sight where I ordered. I never heard anything else and when I called to check they said I still had not submitted a qualifying receipt and the deadline had passed so I cannot submit anything else and I don't get the rebate. I looked and found I spent over $5000 at Lowes personally this year and much more thru my company.
Product
Lowes Gift Card
Problems with payment

Love Lowes - five star service

5.0
This review is just on the process of calling on Lowes to install a replacement HVAC in my 2-story 3200 plus sq ft house. Process went very smoothly. Air Clinic was the subcontractor. Peter, Sunny and Austin from Air clinic did the installation in a quick and professional manner. The new system started without any problem. Thank you all and thank you, Mike Gaboda of Lowes. This is my fourth major project with Lowes. My husband and I are very satisfied customers. The costs of the projects were always reasonable and any issues were quickly resolved. Will update this review as we use our new HVAC system.
Installation
Pros
  • Professional customer service
Good customer service

Lowes - Complaint

We are in the planning stages of putting in bathroom in basement. Had two different companies come in and give us an estimate. Then we went Lowe's. You have nice people working there and are good at talking and building you up in a way we thought wow this may be the right place. The man came out give us a detail measurement which was taking a tape out and giving us the size of room which we already knew. Talked for less then 45 min. left and we were notified after calling a couple times the cost of labor, which was much more then the two plumbing Company that spent much more time with us, no charge for giving us estimate. We did not understand our 75.00 dollars we paid would only be good if we used Lowe's. The shower was about $200 more then at Home Depot the vanity was much higher. So we are very much dissatisfied, and will be destroying our credit card and shop else where. West Side store Evansville In.

Lowes doesn't install anything. They hire someone else to do their installations and add some profit to what they pay. As you found out, you can do the work of hiring a plumbing contractor yourself and save the profit you would have paid Lowes to do it for you.

Lowes Bathroom Installation Estimate