Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes - Kitchen design

3.0
I went to the three Lowe’s nearest to me in order to obtain a “ body” for a kitchen design, they either had no one there or someone on training, I opted to go to the store furthest away because there where 3 designers on hand Whitehall pa. The woman was helpful, but1- couldn’t pull up destines for previous kitchens done my Lowe’s from other locations,( frustrating)I went back 3 days later to make an adjustment, ,my designer wasn’t in, the designer in that day wouldn’t touch her design, told me to come back when she was in the next day but she was booked. Seems to me that the work process needs to change. does Lowe’s really want to sell kitchens???

The designers I worked with at Lowes for both my kitchen installs are great but the installers are terrible. They do not follow the design, they do not review the design, the tell the customer what they are going to do regarding details of the design that I and the designer discussed and planned for.

Numerous mistakes, sloppy work, nails sticking out cutting me, project never completed. They installed the kitchen ten years ago but never put in the last trim pieces to this day. I was extremely hesitant to have them do the reinstall after the Harvey flooding but figured it would be easy since the same installer already did it before. Still not finished and the installation took place before Halloween.

It is now Dec 26. Managers ignore me. Parts ordered twice are still not in. After 8200 dollars I still have a kitchen and bathroom mess that is incomplete and not going to be addressed anytime soon in spite of speaking to installation manager and store manager...............................The list of mistakes is huge.

Panels not aligned, drawer recessed from trim even tho it is an exact replica of what was there before than he installed.

One large drawer came off the hinges when I pulled it open the first time!! I had to fix it and numerous other things!

No, kitchen designs don't transfer from one location to another, not just at Lowes. As I am sure you are aware, a lot of time is spent designing a kitchen.

Why would one location want to spend the time and money to design a kitchen to have you go buy it elsewhere? It's always best if you work with the same designer from start to finish. The initial drawing takes the most time and a lot of questions are asked of you ion the initial design. Why would you want someone that isn't familiar with what you want in your kitchen jumping in and making changes?

Either they miss some things you had wanted, or will need to spend extra time asking a lot of the questions your initial designer already asked you.

Stick with one person and you will be more satisfied with your kitchen. A kitchen is a big project and to be done properly shouldn't be rushed.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Unwillingness to offer assistance
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Bad advice
  • Kitchen Design

Lowes in Indian Harbour Beach, Florida - Horrible install office

4.0
Installed sales has been a disaster. Ordered one window December 2016. Here it is November and they still have not installed the proper window. To summarize: 1. Delay ordering due to staff vacations, no communication in install office. Months! 2. Window arrived to store but we were never notified. Weeks! 3. Contractor delay installation, never returned phone calls. 4. Installer arrived at dusk and installed window improperly. 5. New installer arrived a month later and laughed at previous contractor work. 6. Month Later new window installed 7. Failed inspection - Not tempered. 8. New window arrived a month later, no one called me and I had to track down installer to setup my own time. 9. New window was not obscured and still NOT tempered. 10. New window arrived and waiting on third installer to call me. NEVER EVER DO BUSINESS WITH INSTALL OFFICE !
Lowes Window Installation
Cons
  • Rude staff
  • Never called
  • Lies and disrespect
$5,000

Keys duplicate 2ea extra need and Lowes don't have blanck copies ???

I need to make two extra keys for storm door keys lock, I trying make keys copies Lowe's home Centers at 2801 South W.S. Young, Killeen Texas 76542. But do not have the storm door keys lock's blank keys to make extra keys. The key # 219 is one that I have for my Larson Storm door SINATURE CLASSIC # 758237, please if you can send two extra key either if they blacken. The Ace Hardware Store of Killeen TX the said that will make a keys copies if they get some blacken copies Account Number Username Invoice Number 1-2519256395

If the millwork department at Lowes won't order them from Larson for you, call Larson and order them from them. Posting here won't get you keys.

Huh?

What?

Lowes - DELIVERY SYSTEM

The current Lowes delivery system has major issues. Ordered items online and honestly expected a few days delay in intems being delivered ( area hit by Harvey). What I didn't expect was a delivery system trying to have parts of my order delivered from 3 differnt stores with on being over 50 miles. one at 45 miles and the closest is 25 miles from me. Then i have 4 different calls from the system telling me a time for the items to be delivered and no truck has shown up yet. the closest store had all the items except 2 in stock and I paid $108 for this system to waste my time and cost me money.
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • I like the selection and in store service
Cons
  • Delivery system is broken
Problem with delivery
Price reduction

Beware of using Lowes contractors.

I made the mistake of using a Lowe's plumbing contractor to install a whirlpool water softner. Lowes advertises $209. for basic installation. This price includes pick-up & delivery plus haul away of the old softener. However, the plumber was creative in coming up with additional charges of over $150. Including $50. for a plastic shut off valve. Never again will I use a Lowe's contractor for anything. Do yourself a favor and hire your own contractor.
Lowes Water Softener Installation
Pricing issue

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - Don't get Fence installation in IL

1.5
Don't get a fence installed with them unless you want a headache if they mess up. A fence install was supposed to take one day, however someone messed up and didn't count the pieces correctly & was missing a post. They didn't inform me of this until afterwards and left me without a gate for about a week. I have 2 dogs but no one wanted to take responsibility for the error so I kept being told to contact production office which is located in Indiana. My project coordinator was very unresponsive. I had to show up at the actual store location that I signed the contract at to get help and even then was told that it was all up to production. Now I'm currently experiencing an issue with a latch and have been contacting the company for over a month. I keep being told it's the installer that isn't getting back to them. However, that's not really a valid excuse as I signed a contract with Lowes, not their installer. No one ever returns phone calls and when you get ahold of a customer service rep they give you the typical responses however no actions are ever taken. When asked if they could switch my installer I was told Premier Fence (who isn't responding to any inquiries) is the only installer they have. Finally after calling Lowes several times yesterday, the installer called me and said they'd come out today between 9-11am. No one ever showed up or called me to explain why. Completely frustrating! Don't use Lowes or apparently Premier Fence if you live in the Chicagoland Area!
Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • Unprofessional delivery service and call back promise
  • Lack of response
  • Disinterest on the part of lowes employees
Order processing issue

Lowes - False & Misleading product ( Honey Oak Shannonda Cabinets

Signed Kitchen remodeling contract the end of August 2017 Cabinets came in Sept. Inspector came a week later to check for JUST damage in shipping. Crew came Sept 25th to tear out old cabinets...then to install new cabinets...The sales person came by on 9/27 Fri. I showed her that I had 4 different stains in these cabinets ( red oak, golden oak, maple oak, and honey oak) The doors on these cabinets were the most noticeable.......She brushed it off as, in time they will fade???? and the doors was because of the wood grain being both horizontal & vertical? She left Called her boss and got no where......got the cabinet rep. He was to get together with lowes sales person & will get back to me...Never did. More wasted calls. Finally came REP. on Oct. 20th... Said he would only REPLACE 3 doors and that would be final regardless of their condition. Said was not happy. told him we were not looking for money back..JUST what we ordered in a kitchen. It is a $ 25,000.00 kitchen. We did not order SECONDS....They said they would get back to us as to what to expect...As of today, Oct.28, we have NOT been contacted by anyone.....told Rep. that if he ordered a car, got home to fine the passenger car door a different color, would he not want it taken care of especially if he had to pay $25,000.00 for it....NO COMMENT
Shenandoah Cabinetry Cabinet
Damaged or defective

Lowes in Poughkeepsie, New York - Lowe's again didn't get it right

Lowes - Lowe's again didn't get it right
Lowes - Lowe's again didn't get it right
We ordered expensive blinds on 8/17/17. We borrowed a sample book for $25 and were told it would be given back when we returned the book. In typical Lowe's style, we had to fight for the refund as they said it was not on the sale slip and they did not want to refund that amount...don't remember what the amount was that they said. So from the Interior Home dept to the checkout the price changed and they can't find a record of anything. They were installed about 8 weeks later or so. All went well however the installer noticed on THE DAY HE INSTALLED them that two of the blinds were 4" too SHORT. He photographed the blinds and reported this defect to the Home Department at the Poughkeepsie Lowes. The Poughkeepsie Lowes had from the day of installation until October 15th to address the issue the installer had made them aware of. His hope was that they would send new ones and he could install them before we moved in or soon after. No such luck. Lowes did absolutly NOTHING. When we moved in on Oct 15 I shut the blind to find they were too short. I then called Lowes to notify them of this and no one mentioned that they already knew of this or that new ones had been made. The installer came back to fix a problem he had thought he had addressed weeks earlier. He took new photos and resubmitted everything. Now we have to wait another number of weeks when this all could have been avoided. Why were they cut too short to start with? It clearly says how long they should be on the shade itself. Who cut it and why did they not read the information? Unfortunately, this is typical of Lowe's; messes up the order, don't follow through and make the issue bigger than it needs to be while inconviencing the buyer and making them fed up with Lowes. At this point Lowes has a 100% mess up a custom rate. Lowes communication verbally and via their computer system is terrible. Many of the staff complain of how antiquated the computer system is and how it's hard to correct thing and to operate it in general. Once I complain online, I usually get someone higher up who fixes the problems. Going in to the store is a frustrating experience that usually takes an hour per issue. The help desk people are overwhelmed, not empathetic and tend not to fix things. The head managers will take over, make things right, give me a gift card to make up for all my wasted time and we are generally good again until a custom order is initiated.

If you've shopped at Lowe's enough times to know what is "typical" and you are still frustrated then why don't you *** off and stop shopping there? It's that simple.

DLDL
@FO

Not so simple. We live in the country so there are few stores close by.

In addition, all of these issues stem from one initial visit.

We had hoped that after the last fiasco, we were done with them, however months later, thing are still popping up. Thanks for reading our post.

Blinds
Order processing issue
Preferred solution
send us the correct length of blinds, get the installer back out and finish the project and give me a $100 gift card
Tags
  • Window Blinds

Lowes - 30 min and still no service

2.4
Went into the appliance area. Saw a assosiate helping out a customer. Saw another young lade wipping coh tera went to ask fof help and it was not his area. Hot the help button. After about t min or longer a girl came and said had to take a micro up to front for customer. Stood for 30 min at same spot still not helped. When i finally decided enough was enough i left stood long enough with no help. Helper for micro was still outside with mico on cart.

i think you broke the record for most typos/misspellings...in a short review

First of all I am willing to bet your 1/2 hour is an exaggeration. The sales person was obviously still assisting their customer as they were waiting for them to pull their car up to get the microwave loaded.

Sure there are other people working in the store but that doesn't mean they know anything about appliances. You don't walk into the grocery store and expect someone stocking produce to come back to the meat counter and wrap up a couple of steaks for you. As you were able to post here I have to believe you can use a computer.

If you can't wait for someone working in the appliance department to help you you should stay home and shop online. You can buy from all the big box stores, Amazon and even some of the independent appliance stores.

I'm sorry you had a bad shopping experience at a big box store that probably serves thousands of customers a day who are satisfied if not very pleased with the service provided. Your experience was the exception and not the rule.

Generally these customer service people are pretty good at what they do and many probably are terrified of grumpy customers (who are probably never happy or satisfied regardless) because of the likelihood they will complain to management, or call corporate, with the intent to get the employee disciplined or even fired. Are you ever a happy person?

I cannot understand your complaint, OP.

The appliance associate was with a customer. Why do you think you are so important that you can cut in line like that? If you want instant personal service try Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills next time!

View more comments (4)
Review
#1120855 Review #1120855 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Customer Care
Poor customer service

Lowes Credit cards Suck!!

The bank that backs these cards are a joke. You make a payment 2 days after the due date in the same month its due ans they charge you $40.00 but it does not show on your bill or online!! So you keep making your payments and all of the sudden you have $200.00 worth of late fees! This company should be ashamed they are taking advantage of their consumers and hard working people!! Did my 48hrs really hurt them financially???? After my account is paid off I will never ever use or recommend Lowes to anyone!! HomeDepot here I come!!

Where are you going to go when Home Depot's credit company charges you late fees when you pay your bills late? Quit being a deadbeat and pay your bills on time.

If you would have taken time to look at the information that came with the application for your Lowes account you would have seen right there in black and white that they would charge a late fee if you didn't pay on time.

There is a good chance your interest rate went up as well. If you can't handle paying your bills on time you shouldn't be opening credit accounts.

All credit card companies are the same, you dingbat. Pay late, you get a late fee.

What makes you think whatever company issues Home Depot credit cards is going to be more understanding?

No, 48 hours does not hurt them financially, it helps them because they can charge you a late fee. Moron.

OP:

Most likely you will have the same problem with Home Depot when you pay your credit bill late.

View more comments (2)
Review
#1119724 Review #1119724 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Credit Card