Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

20 plus years of shopping at lowes/ I am still just a number

I have shopped at lowes for over 20 years, I never go to home depot unless they are out of stock on an item. I purchase no less than 2500 dollars worth of items every month in lowes for my business. I have recently been told that the 10 percent discount that I have been getting for years is going to just be 5 percent. They told me that I had to sign up for a lowes card or I wouldn't receive a discount at all. WHAT happened to the days of treating a customer like a customer and not a number!!! My last purchase at Lowes Montgomery store 441, the general manager no less told me that if I didn't have the lowes card I couldn't get the 5 percent discount. Unreal..... these people all know me by name because I shop in the same store for years, and I am there on a daily basis, but now policy gets in the way of treating a customer like a customer.....??? I bet the first store in North Carolina didn't talk to a 20 year customer like a number. Upper level management has the local store manager so scared that he is going to loose his job if he steps outside of the box to help a loyal customer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is wrong with this picture... ????? I can't be mad at the manager because he was just told to repeat a policy that upper level management comes up with from behind their desk...that doesn't really fit the real world. Lowes has a program called QSP to get a discount for contractors, but they have to be able to predict everything they are going to need during the month and purchase it all at one time!!!! I am good but I can't do miracles and I can't predict the future. And some months my small business couldn't afford to make a month's worth of purchases at one time anyway..... !!! I would like to be treated like a loyal customer is that really so much to ask....., not.... having to speak to a manager who is scared that they will loose their job if they somehow treat me a little bit differently. Maybe we should all just shop at Home Depot. Dan Reeder

Actual employees are only numbers to Lowe's, what makes you think being a customer is any different? You think the the executives and the shareholders know your name?

lol What policy has granted you the 10% discount you've been receiving anyway?

Is it a military discount? Because in that case you've never had a right to be receiving it for commercial purposes in the first place.

It looks like this is a policy that fits the real world. In the real world there is more and more competition every day.

There are more and more on-line stores competing with lower prices. It's harder for stores to increase prices as the cost of good go up. To stay in business the brick and mortar stores need to look for ways to cut costs to remain competitive with on-line stores. How do they do this?

They cut back on the number of people working in the stores, keep the stores warmer in the summer, cooler in the winter. They cut back on discounts and promotions. They encourage the use of store credit cards instead of cards like Visa and master card that get a cut of every sale. They don't pay these fees on a store card.

All businesses must make a profit if they plan on keeping the doors open. Yes they are a big company, but big companies fail as well.

Look at K-Mart, Sears, JC Penny, all big companies, but look at the stores they are closing due to lagging profits. Open your eyes to what is going on out there in the real world.

The policy was changed to appease the Lowe's stockholders. That's what Lowe's exists for. The customer is ALWAYS secondary to the stockholders.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Customer Care
Preferred solution
Make a policy that fits the real world, and doesn't require me to predict everything I am going to be buying in a month!!! I want to shop daily because I don't know what I am going to need in advance. A 10 percent break to loyal customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lowes review: Lowe's GE appliance rebate scan

1.7
I purchased over $3000 worth of GE appliances and was supposed to get a measly $50 Lowe's gift card as a rebate. I ordered online so I submitted the paperwork the delivery people gave me as my receipt since I didn't actually get a regular receipt. A month later I was told I didn't qualify for the rebate because I didn't submit a qualifying receipt. I resubmitted with the original paperwork along with copy's of my online order from the my Lowes web sight where I ordered. I never heard anything else and when I called to check they said I still had not submitted a qualifying receipt and the deadline had passed so I cannot submit anything else and I don't get the rebate. I looked and found I spent over $5000 at Lowes personally this year and much more thru my company.
Product
Lowes Gift Card
Problems with payment

Love Lowes - five star service

5.0
This review is just on the process of calling on Lowes to install a replacement HVAC in my 2-story 3200 plus sq ft house. Process went very smoothly. Air Clinic was the subcontractor. Peter, Sunny and Austin from Air clinic did the installation in a quick and professional manner. The new system started without any problem. Thank you all and thank you, Mike Gaboda of Lowes. This is my fourth major project with Lowes. My husband and I are very satisfied customers. The costs of the projects were always reasonable and any issues were quickly resolved. Will update this review as we use our new HVAC system.
Installation
Pros
  • Professional customer service
Good customer service

Lowes review: Complaint

We are in the planning stages of putting in bathroom in basement. Had two different companies come in and give us an estimate. Then we went Lowe's. You have nice people working there and are good at talking and building you up in a way we thought wow this may be the right place. The man came out give us a detail measurement which was taking a tape out and giving us the size of room which we already knew. Talked for less then 45 min. left and we were notified after calling a couple times the cost of labor, which was much more then the two plumbing Company that spent much more time with us, no charge for giving us estimate. We did not understand our 75.00 dollars we paid would only be good if we used Lowe's. The shower was about $200 more then at Home Depot the vanity was much higher. So we are very much dissatisfied, and will be destroying our credit card and shop else where. West Side store Evansville In.

Lowes doesn't install anything. They hire someone else to do their installations and add some profit to what they pay. As you found out, you can do the work of hiring a plumbing contractor yourself and save the profit you would have paid Lowes to do it for you.

Lowes Bathroom Installation Estimate
Pricing issue

Lowes review: Unprofessional

I don't have time to explain... Lowes in Zephyrhills, FLorida. An advice, don't start a big project with them, very unprofessional. That store is a joke and I hope that not all of them are the same. I can't count how many times people from Lowes and subcontractors had been sent to our house to finish our kitchen. One mistake after another, wrong size on the same piece multiple times.... We started our kitchen project with them last year like this time. The work on the kitchen started mid May when we closed on our house, until today 11/15/17, the work is still not done because everytime they send a subcontractor to finish our kitchen, they always find a mistake and it is with the same piece of cabinet. We are like a ball to them shooting us from one wall to another.
Naydelin

I'm really having doubts on using Lowes to do a complete kitchen remodel!

Lowes Kitchen Remodeling
Order processing issue

Lowes review in Lutz, Florida: Fence Installation - BUYER BEWARE

1.5
BUYER BEWARE - do NOT buy a fence with installation from Lowe's. The process started out good enough, sales guy was awesome, Tracy Showalter was great, but that is where the good ends and the nightmare begins. I signed the contract and Lowe's charged my credit card the full amount, something I was told would not happen until I was contacted to set up installation. Three weeks later I still had not heard fro them. I tried calling the store many times and was always hung up on. When I finally got a manager to listen to me, installation was scheduled, but I would have to wait another 3 weeks for that. Lowe's was supposed to deliver all fencing product day before, they tried to deliver it 4 days early (had to decline as it would not be safe for that long). When they did deliver it, I was told putting it in the back yard would not be an issue but when they showed up, the gentleman told me he could not do that, it was a curbside delivery only and he dropped it in my front yard! Installation is handled by a subcontractor. They showed up, could not speak English so I had no means to communicate with them, they destroyed my lawn completely. All the grass was tore up and their was dirt EVERYWHERE; I called their manager who then told me "We do it in one day, what do you want form us, this is our process". Additionally, one of the better selling points of this fence was that each post is set with a 60 pound bag of concrete. Well, this is not exactly true. The dry unmixed concrete dust is poured in the hole where it is up to "the moisture in the ground" to turn it into actual concrete. The fence posts wobble and are anything but secure. I can't let my dogs in the yard for fear they will knock the whole fence over. This has been hands down the WORST experience in my life
#1391921

Unfortunately, my husband and I had almost the same exact experience as you described. The process started out great and it went completely down hill from there.

It is truly uncanny how the experiences are SO similar down to the material delivery! A truly horrible experience!!

you shopped at Lowe's because they are cheaper than any locally owned fence company. so don't complain because you got the "cheap" that you wanted!

View more comments (1)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Inability to talk to anyone
  • How my order was handled
  • Customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Lowes Does not Care About Customer

Stainless steel corrugated connector rusted and Lowes refused to honor the extended warranty plan I had purchased!

Bought a water softener from Lowes as well as a four year extended warranty. Less than a year later, a stainless steel corrugated connector provided by Lowes and installed when the water softener was installed rusted and developed pin holes. Called Lowes immediately for service. They NEVER sent anyone to replace the connector. Damage to my finished basement close to $10,000. Lowes refuses to accept responsibility and says I should go after the manufacturer!!! Doesn't address their breach of contract. BBB absolutely no help!! I am out my $1000 deductible. Shame on Lowes for their morally corrupt behavior!!! The issue is now at the Attorney General's office. Will see if the office pursues my claim. According to the terms of the warranty I waive my rights to take Lowes to small claims court. Arbitration is my only option.

Have made no progress since I posted a month ago! Lowe's is still pointing fingers at everyone except themselves.

Now they are saying that they did not install the connectors.

I have a work order that shows I purchased the connectors through their store for their installer. Let's see what their new objection will be!!

How in the *** is Lowe's responsible for a product failure? They didn't make the item they just sold it!

Why are people so stupid as to think Lowe's is somehow responsible for this? All they are doing is selling cheap products to people who want cheap prices!

@Anonymous

They may not be responsible for the product failure but they are responsible for not upholding the terms of the warranty by not sending a technician to repair the problem.

@classyteacher

I think that what is covered by the warranty is the water softener. Pipes leading up to the softener wouldn't be covered by that warranty.

Lowes is correct in suggesting you contact the manufacturer of the pipe to see what they can do for you.

If you were to go to court you would need to go after the manufacturer of the pipe, not Lowes or the manufacturer of the water softener, as they didn't manufacturer the pipe and would have no liability. As far as warranties go, they are provided by the manufacturer or a warranty company, not the retail store.

@Anonymous

Manufacturer of the connector claims no responsibility saying they did not install the connectors!! Interesting how and why you post anonymously.

It is easy to be "brave" when you are revealing nothing!

Once again, the warranty with with Lowe's. It is an "Extended 4 year Warranty" backed by Lowe's reputation which is obviously not worth anything!!

View more comments (4)
Product
Lowes Water Softner Warranty
Pros
  • Kudos to local store for trying
Cons
  • Failure to admit responsibility and resolve the issue
  • Lack of ethics
  • Executive customer service staff is a joke
Warranty issue
Full refund

Lowes review in Fort Wayne, Indiana: House no longer home

1.5
Please do not use Lowe's for your new flooring! 4 months later, and they have not done anything to resolve issues...Do not want them in house ever again. Thank the Lord for Citicard guarantee, however, getting money returned does not make up for damages to home and property! Carpet looks worse than 10+ yr old carpet removed! Seams all over and doesn't clean as salesperson represented. Hard spots underneath w/padding and they left closets non-functional, as they should be. Not to mention damaging furniture. Have professional report to back up everything, yet no help from Lowe's and their out-sourced installers!!! Knew I was in trouble when they showed up and the head guy looked like he had just left the bar.
Lowes Carpet Installation
Bad quality

Lowes review: Veterans day

on veterans day I went to the Lowes with my mother and ant, in Yuma az first off we own a large company that does a large amount of business with this company, we bought 18 dollars and were going to pay cash but mom said ur a vet show ur id and get a discount I never show my military id but with mom ant being there I showed my id here's the worst part the young girl said you have to go to costumers services to verify i went to home depot instead they just lost a great contract

Here we go again. Another vet complaining about a discount they think they are somehow entitled to.

Yes, you can get a discount at Lowes but you have to register for it.

If you are too lazy to go through the process they sure don't owe you one. I expect your next complaint will be on the Home Depot board about their discount policy.

Wall of text that I cannot read or understand.

View more comments (1)
Poor customer service

Lowes will not price match

Lowes has 2x4 studs (92 5/8) for $3.36. Home Depot has the same studs for $2.49. Lowes will not price match due to the sku# being different. Even though the item description is the exact same.

Why didn't you just go to Home Depot if their price was actually lower? Was Home Depot out of stock?

Was the price actually higher? If Home Depot was out of stock, they couldn't sell you the product at the price you quoted so Lowes had no obligation to meet that price.

Pricing issue