Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes review in Lutz, Florida: Fence Installation - BUYER BEWARE

1.5
BUYER BEWARE - do NOT buy a fence with installation from Lowe's. The process started out good enough, sales guy was awesome, Tracy Showalter was great, but that is where the good ends and the nightmare begins. I signed the contract and Lowe's charged my credit card the full amount, something I was told would not happen until I was contacted to set up installation. Three weeks later I still had not heard fro them. I tried calling the store many times and was always hung up on. When I finally got a manager to listen to me, installation was scheduled, but I would have to wait another 3 weeks for that. Lowe's was supposed to deliver all fencing product day before, they tried to deliver it 4 days early (had to decline as it would not be safe for that long). When they did deliver it, I was told putting it in the back yard would not be an issue but when they showed up, the gentleman told me he could not do that, it was a curbside delivery only and he dropped it in my front yard! Installation is handled by a subcontractor. They showed up, could not speak English so I had no means to communicate with them, they destroyed my lawn completely. All the grass was tore up and their was dirt EVERYWHERE; I called their manager who then told me "We do it in one day, what do you want form us, this is our process". Additionally, one of the better selling points of this fence was that each post is set with a 60 pound bag of concrete. Well, this is not exactly true. The dry unmixed concrete dust is poured in the hole where it is up to "the moisture in the ground" to turn it into actual concrete. The fence posts wobble and are anything but secure. I can't let my dogs in the yard for fear they will knock the whole fence over. This has been hands down the WORST experience in my life
#1391921

Unfortunately, my husband and I had almost the same exact experience as you described. The process started out great and it went completely down hill from there.

It is truly uncanny how the experiences are SO similar down to the material delivery! A truly horrible experience!!

you shopped at Lowe's because they are cheaper than any locally owned fence company. so don't complain because you got the "cheap" that you wanted!

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Inability to talk to anyone
  • How my order was handled
  • Customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Lowes Does not Care About Customer

Stainless steel corrugated connector rusted and Lowes refused to honor the extended warranty plan I had purchased!

Bought a water softener from Lowes as well as a four year extended warranty. Less than a year later, a stainless steel corrugated connector provided by Lowes and installed when the water softener was installed rusted and developed pin holes. Called Lowes immediately for service. They NEVER sent anyone to replace the connector. Damage to my finished basement close to $10,000. Lowes refuses to accept responsibility and says I should go after the manufacturer!!! Doesn't address their breach of contract. BBB absolutely no help!! I am out my $1000 deductible. Shame on Lowes for their morally corrupt behavior!!! The issue is now at the Attorney General's office. Will see if the office pursues my claim. According to the terms of the warranty I waive my rights to take Lowes to small claims court. Arbitration is my only option.

Have made no progress since I posted a month ago! Lowe's is still pointing fingers at everyone except themselves.

Now they are saying that they did not install the connectors.

I have a work order that shows I purchased the connectors through their store for their installer. Let's see what their new objection will be!!

How in the *** is Lowe's responsible for a product failure? They didn't make the item they just sold it!

Why are people so stupid as to think Lowe's is somehow responsible for this? All they are doing is selling cheap products to people who want cheap prices!

@Anonymous

They may not be responsible for the product failure but they are responsible for not upholding the terms of the warranty by not sending a technician to repair the problem.

@classyteacher

I think that what is covered by the warranty is the water softener. Pipes leading up to the softener wouldn't be covered by that warranty.

Lowes is correct in suggesting you contact the manufacturer of the pipe to see what they can do for you.

If you were to go to court you would need to go after the manufacturer of the pipe, not Lowes or the manufacturer of the water softener, as they didn't manufacturer the pipe and would have no liability. As far as warranties go, they are provided by the manufacturer or a warranty company, not the retail store.

@Anonymous

Manufacturer of the connector claims no responsibility saying they did not install the connectors!! Interesting how and why you post anonymously.

It is easy to be "brave" when you are revealing nothing!

Once again, the warranty with with Lowe's. It is an "Extended 4 year Warranty" backed by Lowe's reputation which is obviously not worth anything!!

View more comments (4)
Lowes Water Softner Warranty
Pros
  • Kudos to local store for trying
Cons
  • Failure to admit responsibility and resolve the issue
  • Lack of ethics
  • Executive customer service staff is a joke
Warranty issue
Full refund

Lowes review in Fort Wayne, Indiana: House no longer home

1.5
Please do not use Lowe's for your new flooring! 4 months later, and they have not done anything to resolve issues...Do not want them in house ever again. Thank the Lord for Citicard guarantee, however, getting money returned does not make up for damages to home and property! Carpet looks worse than 10+ yr old carpet removed! Seams all over and doesn't clean as salesperson represented. Hard spots underneath w/padding and they left closets non-functional, as they should be. Not to mention damaging furniture. Have professional report to back up everything, yet no help from Lowe's and their out-sourced installers!!! Knew I was in trouble when they showed up and the head guy looked like he had just left the bar.
Lowes Carpet Installation

Lowes review: Veterans day

on veterans day I went to the Lowes with my mother and ant, in Yuma az first off we own a large company that does a large amount of business with this company, we bought 18 dollars and were going to pay cash but mom said ur a vet show ur id and get a discount I never show my military id but with mom ant being there I showed my id here's the worst part the young girl said you have to go to costumers services to verify i went to home depot instead they just lost a great contract

Here we go again. Another vet complaining about a discount they think they are somehow entitled to.

Yes, you can get a discount at Lowes but you have to register for it.

If you are too lazy to go through the process they sure don't owe you one. I expect your next complaint will be on the Home Depot board about their discount policy.

Wall of text that I cannot read or understand.

Poor customer service

Lowes will not price match

Lowes has 2x4 studs (92 5/8) for $3.36. Home Depot has the same studs for $2.49. Lowes will not price match due to the sku# being different. Even though the item description is the exact same.

Why didn't you just go to Home Depot if their price was actually lower? Was Home Depot out of stock?

Was the price actually higher? If Home Depot was out of stock, they couldn't sell you the product at the price you quoted so Lowes had no obligation to meet that price.

Pricing issue

Lowes review in Hackettstown, New Jersey: Aweful Experience Flooring Installation

3.2
We chose Lowes to have our kitchen tile floor installed. The installer they contracted never called to schedule an install date. Materials were delivered and still just sitting here. One week of chasing the installer and Lowes filled with excuses and promises. Finally someone called us after a week of chasing them. We cancelled the installation because of unreliable service. There didn't seem to be any importance to our situation/experience from Lowes, as well. Lowes needs to be sure to contract better companies. One month of our time wasted. Very disappointed in Lowes.

They put 2 rolls of supposedly the same flooring in our kitchen.

Supposedly because they do not match.

One roll is somewhat darker than the other.

I won't use them again.

Flooring Installation

Lowes review: Inept delivery

Bought a grill to be assembled and delivered. It gets scheduled but doesn't show up - no notice no grill. Rescheduled - same thing a second time. Now I have no confidence this thing will be assembled correctly. Time to cancel and buy somewhere else. Then short Lowes stock.
Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes review in Longmont, Colorado: Poerter Cable

2.8
I bought a Porter Cable cordless drill this summer. The chuck began to work progressively harder as I used it, until today it froze up completely. I took it to Lowes in Longmont CO today to exchange. The clerk told me that I could only return it within 30 days, and past that I needed to get with Porter Cable. At that point I told her to just keep it. If Lowes house brand or private label products are so poor that they only stand behind them for thirty days, they're probably not worth the box they come in. I could not believe this policy. (The clerk was nice however....at least for the time that I was there.)

Read your warranty. The warranty is provided by the manufacturer, not Lowes.

The warranty covers repair of the tool, not replacement. Lowes is kind enough to exchange the tool if it fails within the first 30 days but beyond that you need to get the tool to a service center for repair. If you would bother reading the warranty you would find it covers the drill for longer than 30 days. Some of the Porter Cable drills have a 3 year warranty on the tool and 2 years on the battery.

Seems like a decent warranty to me. What makes you feel you deserve special treatment?

@Anonymous

I see you know little about retail.

So, John_2017_104...

Exactly what is the solution, according to you?

Lowe's didn't manufacture the drill, so why would they extend a warranty beyond the manufacturers warranty? They can't get credit for it themselves beyond thirty days so why would you expect them to eat the cost?

It isn't their product! They JUST sell it!

@Anonymous

Your lack of retail knowledge is evident.

Porter cable is not a Lowes house brand , it's owned by black and Decker which also owns dewalt

@Guest

Exactly.....thats how house brands work. They are always manufactured by another company.

@Claus

Lowes house brand is Kobalt.

Hasini
#1391999
@Claus

Porter Cable is not a Lowes house brand. Kobalt is their house brand.

So Lowes does not warranty Porter Cable. That's how retail works.

View more comments (8)
Porter Cable Drill
Cons
  • Exchange policy
Good customer service

Lowes review in Orange City, Florida: Junk pine bark nuggets

I have bought pine bark nuggets for many years, often from Lowe's. I bought four bags yesterday. When I opened the bags, I could not believe the huge size of the bark - gigantic really. They were pretty useless, but I was stuck in the middle of a gardening project. And there were strips and long pieces of tree among them that were like the stuff I have to pick up in my yard and garden after a storm. I don't expect to pay for the stuff that I put in the yard waste bin for garbage pick up!

Any time I've bought this type of product it came in a clear bag and you could easily see what it looked like before you purchased or opened the bag.

OP:

Since the pine bark nuggets are shipped to Lowes in bags, exactly how is Lowes supposed to have quality control on the products they sell?

The manufacturer of the product does quality control since the manufacturer makes the product.

So complain to the manufacturer about this.

Bark Mulch
Preferred solution
They should have quality control on the products they sell.

Lowes review: Depleted stock

I went to buy some cermic tile supplies and that department was in shambles. Were our to some items and was in bad shape. In fact the whole store looked dumpy. I walke out of there disappointed and swore I will not shop there again. Home Depot has them beat badly. No one was any where to be seen to has questions, but if there isn’t any stock on the shelves, not much reason to ask where or why. I used to like this store, but it has noticeably gone down over the last couple of years. Home Depot isn’t perfect, but it isn’t as bad as what I experienced.