Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Sherman, Texas - I feel like I was lied to and wasted my time

I was shopping in the Lowe's in Durant Oklahoma looking for tin for my barn when I got back ther they'd sold out of 10 ' tin there was a price of $6.48 a sheet normally $14.48 a sheet I asked the young man working there if they had any more and he said no I said would you look up Sherman to see if they have any and he did on his computer and he said they had 340 sheets I said would they match that price he says they should there are Lowe's . I got back in the truck and I drove all the way to Sherman Texas to buy 24 sheets of tin . Got there and got the talking to a kid named Mike and Mike said that he check it out to see if they can match the price I told Mike I wanted 24 sheets he said okay he later tells me yes they would match the price they had given that price to someone earlier that day and helps me load my tin . When we get to the register registered to Mike tells the man working there about what's going on and so the guy at the register called the manager and they talk to minute or two and then the man at the register hands me the phone the manager says they would not honor that price well that thoroughly *** me off I drove all that distance and everyone had to Sheard me that that price would be there . I guess what bothers me most is that you do it for someone else but you won't do it for me am I the wrong color ? Today's date 10-15-17 my name is Leroy Hall 1772 South Lone Oak Lane Durant Oklahoma 74701

I'm guessing your color is white, like a snowflake?

Huh?

View more comments (1)
Lowes Cashier
Order processing issue

Lowes - Lowe's Customer Service

I bought a washer from Lowe's and took the day off from work the day it was delivered. Found out that the washer was to wide to fit through the basement door but I didn't know this at time of purchase which the attendant didn't indicate there were different sizes to consider. I reordered a washer that would fit and it has taken several weeks to come in. When they called on Monday to say the washer had come in and they could deliver on Thursday I asked if I could have it delivered first thing in the morning so I only would have to miss a few hours of work. But of course they said no way to know arrival time only somewhere between 8 and 5. To avoid taking another day off from work I opted for Sunday and felt like a prisoner of my own home because you can't go anywhere. It is 4pm and I do not know if they are going to make it. The store actually suggested I take time off from work to have it delivered a different day. Not a happy customer.

I've experienced he same thing from Lowes, when ever possible now, I shop places where they at least give you a "window"; 8-11, 1-3, etc. Seems there are more of these customer friendly businesses every month who realize it is very hard to some people to miss a whole day's pay to be able to buy something.

I personally also resent the various "suggestions" they give to customers without being asked ! Things like, "well, why don't you call a friend or family member and have them wait at your house?", or, "why don't you just give a key to one of your neighbors ?", and my favorite, "just leave a key under the door mat or another convenient spot". Really ?

And the worst part, they are NOT joking ! They are dead serious to suggest what YOU, the customer should to accommodate THEM, the ones begging for you business/money !

Problem with delivery

Lowes - Paid fee and was told I could have it the next day,

2.5
Three days later no delivery. Made many calls but had to go to the store. Computer shows the date which was the day of delivery I had to stay at home for 3 days waiting for delivery if I had not went to the store probably still be waiting.
Problem with delivery

Low Lowes

3.5
Went to local @Lowe's Home ImprovementPottsvillePennsylvania (store #553) today to finalize $845 kitchen floor installation. Not only was @Lowe's providing the material but also the installation. I was told that I'd be called to pick up the material once it arrived. When indicated that I have a bad back and couldn't load or unload material, they offered to deliver for an additional $65 to the curb of our property ONLY. WTH! How was I supposed to get the material into the garage? So, due to poor store/corporate policies, Lowe's is out a $800+ job and I'm going to @Home Depot.

Yeah those self service DIY store really suck when it comes to providing service, don't they?

Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • floor installation

Lowes allows non-service dogs in their retail store

I was told at a Lowes retail store that non-service dogs are allowed in their stores so long as they have a leash. I explained that I am allergic to dogs and allowing more dogs in the store is bad for me and that I will no longer shop there if this is really the policy. They told me it was a corporate policy. I have contacted the corporate headquarters who confirmed this. Lowes has just lost a customer and I will now buy my products via Amazon. I guess they like dogs more than having customers. Funny that they sell allergy filters in the store but don't do anything to eliminate the allergen problen in their stores.

Perhaps everyone can do the original poster a favor and leave their dogs in a hot car in hopes that the dog will die and there will be one less dog in the world to torment this person. Considering the poor behavior of some children, perhaps this person would also like for ill-mannered small children to also be kept in the hot car in hopes that the child will die. For the poster who worries about her child having a fear of dogs, Lowes should have a policy of allowing anyone in that situation to call ahead to Lowes to insist that all service dogs be banned from the property for the duration of that customer's visit.

@Anonymous

So you don’t have a house to leave your dog at? You have to bring your dog everywhere?

FrothyDobermanPinscher611

Allergies aside, not everyone is a dog lover. Its estimated that btwn 12 and 30% of people have some range of fear of dogs.

Because my daughter had a fear of dogs as a child, and I was viciously attacked as a child myself, am very sensitive to people who are afraid of dogs. I love bringing my dog places but I don't love it enough to make other people uncomfortable. I think its much less burden on people who have dogs , to leave them home, than for people who have serious fears to have to shop with them around. I'd like to add that the fear doesn't have to be unreasonable.

Too many dog owner's are idiots, don't train their dogs and cannot control their dogs and have dangerous dogs. I love dogs and love to meet dogs in my travels, but I am a realist, as well.

People suck and their dogs can be a reflection of that. Good dog owners know this about other dog owners and don't kid themselves.

You need to have realistic expectations. Their utilitarian pet policy will not be changed for one customer, sorry.

flippette

They are not going to change corporate policy for you. Get real .

The dogs aren't in your house or in a confined space with you. If you can't handle encountering dogs in public places have you talked to your doctor about medication to help with your problem? I'd much rather encounter a well behaved pet in a store than an inconsiderate human.

@Anonymous

Why even mention about the behavior of animal or human. That has no bearing in this topic of health.

Are you only allergic to non-service dogs? The entire world is full of allergens and pollution. Stay in the house if you can't handle it.

@Respiratory Sister

So we now live in a world where people are the prisoners and the pets get to live in the real world.

View more comments (8)
Review
Cons
  • Allow non-service dogs in store
Reason of review
They want dogs not customers in their store
Preferred solution
Change your dog policy to allow only service animals.

Lowes customer service

during the last lowes promo there was a discount for the holiday weekend. I needed a stove so I went to your store number 4707 in Goldsboro nc. I found a stove I liked and since I saved so much and was happy I decided to buy a dishwasher which I liked. during the sale I asked the salesperson if this included installation I was told yes but they would not disconnect the old units. I said no problem. I removed the units, delivery date came and do to the possible hurricane and fowl weather they had to adjust it. not a problem. not your problem beyond your control. they showed up when they could and i'm fine with that, they delivered the Items and asked me to sign, I look in my kitchen and the stove was plugged up and pushed against the wall,the dishwasher was still in the box. I told them it was suppose to be installed according to their salesperson they said they didn't do that. I contacted the local store and was told due to the in climate weather no one was available to talk to I contacted Lowe's headquarters and was told I would hear from a manager within 24 hours. never received the call I contacted the store and was told a manager would contact me. no contact! I called the store again and was put in contact with the assistant, assistant manager in charge of light bulbs would be my guess! once again I explained my issue and said I will get back to you. Yes no call! I tried again and was given the assistant manager in charge of parking lot cleanness and was told Paraphrase here "dude your screwed come in pay us $75. and sign a contract and we will get to you when we can". I continue to ask to talk to the "store Manager and was told he will get with you if he can! I still have not talked to that manager. After my last conversation where I was told basically your "*** out of luck" i told him yes there is something you can do come pick this up! his answer was ok! here is the only cudo bright point in this store! the next day I received a call from your pickup manager Brandy! you need to remember her name you need to fire your store manager and about 3 of your department managers and promote her. She contacted me and told me she was the pick up and delivery manager and she was given a work order to pick up stuff. from the last moron I talked to. she was polite and cor- gull she asked how she could work with me and I told her this long crap story. she asked if she could take a few minutes and get back up with me. oK NOW A HUMAN WITH HALF A BRAIN WITH SOME CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS. she contacted me in less then 30 minutes and told me sir " we are very sorry for the information you were given at the time of sales and we don't really know why you were told that but Lowe's of Goldsboro does not employ plumbers or electricians that can install dishwashers or washers we have to sub-contract to local professionals and we have to pay them an additional service fee and sign a contract". Ok lets walk through this whole process if at time of sale the salesperson would have stated this $75.00 is not to much to have a new appliance I am happy with, if anyone of the 4 managers in charge of air circulation in the store would have gave me the same information instead of telling me I either payed the money or I was screwed, If the store manager that was never there would have called and said " hey lets fix this, here is the deal!"but no it was the delivery manager BRANDY' that talked to me like I mattered and they cared and would help with my issues. the main problem is that goldsboro is a medium small town and lowes is the main hardware store. and their attitude is we don't need your money! let me inform you about customer service and how it works in a small town. I'm retired disabled Vet I work on base I have 5000 friends on facebook, I am well known in this town and half the town knows me or someone I know. yes lowe's is the biggest game in town , but Delmus hardware is a small hometown family store that sells all the nuts and bolts , paint glue and whatever house repair you need, Babcock furniture sales any appliance you could use, we have 3 different garden stores that sales any lawn and garden item you need. we have a builders supply for big deck and stuff builds. your not the only game in this town! I am on a crusade since your store manager or the other 100 assistant managers could care less what your customer wants or needs as long as they get a paycheck. I will use facebook snapchat, personal friends and contacts to tell them how little you care and how much they would be better off using one of our family customer based companies . I have avoided sending this complaint because I have been furious over this buy but tonight I decided i'm not going to get any cooler. if you want to rebut any of this feel free my contact info: William H. Tennant, Tsgt Retired disabled Vet Usaf, Goldsboro NC. 27530 919 921-2177 you will see a lot more post from me on facebook, instagram, snapchat and on a daily basis I have a job where i'm in contact on a personal basis with at lest 100 locals. May I suggest promote Brandy and fire the rest of your idiots!

You express what the rest of us only THINK about saying and *** ! Go get 'um Sgt.

and God bless you ! The down side, they really don't care, but let them know anyway. Most (not all, "Brandy" seems to actually take pride in doing to assigned responsibility; most just want to keep the pay check coming on time and do as little as they can without getting let go.

I too have run across a few fine, ethical, hard working people at Lowe's and other companies.... typically they are the ones who are NOT promoted.

Just a hunch , you have 5k friends on facebook and you will bad mouth lowes because you are trying to get something you didn't pay for. all your friends probably say you are a loudmouth *** .

Sound like you like to exaggerate a lot. You spoke of talking to a couple of assistant store managers in the beginning of your complaint but were on a crusade against 100 by the end of your rant.

Often department managers or assistant store managers can handle problems faster and more efficiently than a store manger can.

Besides everyone like you thinking they are the only person that can solve their problem, they have a whole slate of other responsibilities, especially when you are dealing with bad weather situations as well. My guess is that if you had started with the manager in the appliance department (who is probably who Brandy talked to before calling you back) you would have saved yourself a lot of frustration.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Customer service
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Credit card fees

made my payment 2 days late and was charged a $25 late fee on a balance of $29. Wont be doing business with them anymore, Home Depot has better prices than lowes so I will shop there instead. Too bad, I have been a customer of lowes for over 20 years. They don't seem to care, when I called them they didn't care whether I canceled my card or not. What a {{Redacted}} company. how many more words does this thing need? {{Redacted}}

Spend more time managing your finances instead of typing sentences to fill up a space quota. You have no right to complain, deadbeat.

h.kitchener

You have no reason to complain. You were late and they charged what they usually charge to financially irresponsible people. Yes, go elsewhere.

You were late -- you pay. Remember the credit card rules are set by the bank -- ripoff bank at that -- not Lowes.

View more comments (2)
Product
Lowes Credit Card
Problems with payment
Full refund

Lowes in San Diego, California - Will not accept returns with credit card purchase

1.5
All my returns have 'always" been with a credit card and no receipt. They recently changed their policy to receipts only. no WARNING!!!! They said I should have had a 'my Lowes ' account. WHAT...never heard of this. I'M PISSED!!!!!! I will have to take my $125.00 loss. I called Lowes Corporation about this. After 30 min. on the phone...they cannot find a record of my receipts since the company recently changed there policy. I have wasted 3.5 hrs today including some drive time and phone calls. I will never never ever enter a Lowes store again!!!..and glad to tell others about this failing store. Just look at their financials and massive layoffs. Home Depot is eating them alive.
Lowes Customer Care
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Full refund

Lowes in Cincinnati, Ohio - WASHER & DRYER

2.8
I FIRST BOUGHT A NEW WASHER & DRYER ON SEPTEMBER 6TH THEN THE NEXT DAY I CHANGED WHAT I WANTED TO ANOTHER BRAND HIGHER IN PRICE, I WAS GIVEN A N DELIVER DATE, WHICH DID NOT HAPPEN THEN I WAS GIVEN ANOTHER DELIVER DATE WHICH THEY BROUGHT OUT TWO DIFFRENT COLORS, THE DRYER WAS SCRATCHED UP WITH DENTS ON THE SIDE, THEY DID DELIVER TWO WEEKS LATER, BUT THE DELIVER TIME WAS MORE THAN THE TIME THAT WAS GIVEN TO ME, ALTHOUGH I REC'D A CALL ON A FRIDAY WHICH SAID THAT I WILL GET ON SATURDAY, THEN I REC'D A CALL BACK TO SAY I WAS NOT ON LIST UNTIL SUNDAY.

Good grief, OP, must you shout in all caps?

Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Bad customer service and rude manager and installer
  • Wrong product delivered
Order processing issue
$2097
Price reduction
Featured

Lowes in Wichita, Kansas - Crumbling Tile Installation

2.5
Lowes - Crumbling Tile Installation
My husband and I had tile floors installed in three of our bathrooms in March 2016. Upon completion we noticed several areas where the tile did not meet the wall trim. We also noticed that despite the fact that we paid extra for darker grout and sealer the grout looked much lighter than expected. About a month later a tile in the master bathroom started coming loose and the the grout broke apart. In April 2016 we called regarding this tile. The tile was regrouted and the grout was much darker (like we expected for the extra we paid). Around October 2016 the same tile started coming up and the grout breaking up again. My husband has called several times... about every two months with no call back or resolution. Today I was giving my son a bath and noticed the grout along the tub is now breaking apart and allowing water to our floorboards. So I called our local Lowes (NW Wichta, KS) and asked for a manager. I was informed that the floors were no longer covered and that they would have the same company come out and give me a quote on repairing the tile. (Manager claims they have no record of this, and that is ridiculous and even more unprofessional on their part in my opinion). This is VERY frustrating. We paid good money to have nice new floors and I have been having to cover them with carpets to hide the ugly mismatched grout and broken grout. I would really like to have a resolution to this problem. WITH A DIFFERENT FLOOR COMPANY. I feel that they used below par grout and did a very unprofessional job on our floors.

contact the Attorney Generals Office in your state - they will help you. There are laws against this. take the time and read my posts about our backsplash problems

they used cheap a55 grout and it never got sealed. Bad installation.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Tile Installation
Cons
  • No customer loyalty we have used them for a lot of installs
  • Are not organized
  • Claim we did not call when we did
Bad quality
Preferred solution
I want my floors done correctly by a DIFFERENT contractor.
Tags