Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - 6 Weeks and counting

I purchased a LOWE'S PROTECTION PLAN and am still trying to have it honored. My purchased item needed repair. I called the number given to me to schedule repair on7/30/17. Finally, I was connected to the local store manager who informed me that they would pick up the unit on Sept 12,2017. They did pick it up. I called to let them know that we were leaving for a 14 day trip and wanted to know what was happening to the unit. I was then told that they were going to call be because they did not know why they had picked it up? They then said it would go to repair the next day 8/14/17. It is now 9/11/17 with no word on what has happen to my $800 unit with a $100 protection plan. When I called today they said they would find out and call me soon. I waited 3+ hours with no call back. I called again to be told that they had called the repair station but no call had been returned by the repair station. But they would call again and let me know SOON. SO, is their service seems to be lacking, and they must not know how to use a phone!

What kind of item are you talking about?

Hope I have better experience if needed since I just bought the plan

Bad quality

Lowes - Good job!

Sedalia store #1067. Please recognize Zach and Nick for the fantastic job they did in loading sackrete and plywood for us.
Good customer service

Lowes - Farmville lowe's doesnt care about Customers (Goods Damaged)

Lowes - Farmville lowe's doesnt care about Customers (Goods Damaged)
First, it was raining and the item was moved off the truck and set in wet soil. Then they entered my residence without cleaning off the item or a least wiping their feet. Upon showing them location and the possible need to change the door configuration, they proceeded back to the truck to remove the non-boxed refrigerator. The item was moved (extremely tight move with the refrigerator touching the door frames and had to be nudged, shoved ) through two doors then the kitchen door which did not open the extra inch. They removed my house door (100+ years old 34-inch solid wood) still damaging the sides of the refrigerator, my door hinge finish, scratching my wood floor, and gouging the kitchen flooring. The driver disregarded the manufacturer’s instructions in Owner’s Manual in a text box (with an exclamation point!) on page 13, “NOTE: When it is necessary to move the refrigerator through a narrow opening, removing the doors is the recommended procedure. If it is necessary to remove the handles, follow the instruction below. The appearance of the handle may vary from what is shown in the illustrations.” Remove the refrigerator door, not my home doors! They had to reverse the door anyway, as the Lowe’s salesperson told us, so this would have been part of the delivery process. After placing the item and removing some of the plastic material they stated, "They only allow so much time and we have other deliveries so you'll have to call this 1-800 number to get the door changed. It’ll take 34-45 minutes". My wife called the number and the store to complain and requested the door be changed, and that a new professional crew be assigned. Now we’re two more days without use which is the earliest installation date. To note: we were notified of your policy that any door changing or leveling would be handled by the delivery personnel. And we tried to help by providing a 7-day delivery window. Lowe's local Customer Service called the morning (Sunday) they were scheduled to return to reverse the door and left a voice mail stating they’re “throwing in another washer hose for my leaking washer”. My wife called back and attempted to tell the customer service person the actual situation. The person (which would only provide his first name) WOULD NOT ALLOW my wife to speak. I could hear this in another room. Believing my wife was talked to in a disrespectful manner, I took over the phone call. Your service agent WOULD NOT ALLOW me to talk, finally after MULTIPLE “please let me talk” and then a direct demand, I was allowed to provide a list of the damage/complaints and ended the conversation with no apparent result. Later, a follow-up call was made and we were notified that a manager would call in 24 hours. A few hours beyond that period a manager at the Farmville, Virginia store responded asking about the leak!! Where is the leak! Again, we bought a refrigerator, not a washer. He made the customary apologies and asked my wife about the problems with the driver. Our answer was then, as it is now, they ignored the instructions, which damaged our house and a new refrigerator. My wife said he could call my husband if wanted. He did not want to and refused.
#1419566

Well, dryer went out, no response from Lowes about this complaint, So to Sears I go to a hometown store. Service was great, purchased item.

A quality Kenmore not a cheap Roper!

Seem like Lowes would care? Think before you shop, if the town or store does not support your values or service expectations "SHOP ELSE WHERE"!

No response to letter or calls. I will try the BBB, who knows maybe they will answer them. If they even care.

Went to home depot yesterday what a change in attitude of store employees, I can say it was a happy experience. Military Discount Yea!

No response to letter to store and Head Quarters. On to the CEO and BBB.

Consider never using Lowes as your box supplier. I will not even hire contractors' that use this store and the list grows!

It's always a good idea to make sure the appliances you buy will fit through your doors, especially if you have an old house with odd size doors. It's people like you that screw up the delivery schedule for everyone behind you.

@Anonymous

If the manufactures instructions were followed their would be no damage to the refrigerator. Now the added damage was not just sloppy and careless movers, but me screwing up, Make a internet search, a lot of customers screwing up, don't you think?

(XPO) I don't see how its the customers fault that service was not provided. But thinking a old houses is problem is also dumb! I can only believe that you have a horse in this complaint.

I hope Mr. Niblock see things different.

@Anonymous

It is ridiculous of you to blame a customer for damage caused to the home and purchased product during a Lowe's delivery. Lowe's is in the business of making home deliveries, and as a business, they have a responsibility to provide competent services with trained employees who are capable of navigating the most common of issues, such as size of entryway and product.

Only a true idiot would run a business that penalizes customers with horrible service if that customer does not anticipate a complication like this. Any good business understands that customers do not anticipate common complications as automatically as the experienced business does. Lowe's has encountered the issue thousands of times. Common sense would compel Lowe's to address such concerns with their customers ahead of time, especially since it is Lowe's who charges a significant delivery fee.

If the customer had to have all the knowledge and capability in the matter, then he wouldn't be paying Lowe's to do this for him!

There is an enormous malfunction in Lowe's selection and training of delivery workers, who DO represent the company, and need to have the sense to follow their own company's written instructions for responding to this kind of situation.

It is Lowe's responsibility to complete other deliveries in a timely manner, and anyone with basic thinking skills would devise a business plan that accomodates and anticipates a delivery complication.

Don't be the kind of fool who blames a previous customer on the schedule for the unprofessional planning and execution of services by the company who is PAID to do the job!

@PurpleTantrum

Um... Delivery is free on appliances at Lowes

doug49

Company please correspondence by email, phone conversation with them is part of the problems.

View more comments (8)
Review
Cons
  • Cust
  • Customer service
  • Delivery
Damaged or defective

Lowes in Sevierville, Tennessee - No help from manager

While I was shopping in the store someone hit my car in the parking lot. I spoke with a manger and ask if she could pull the video tapes and see who hit my car she stated no I could file a police report but they could not look and see who did it. Thanks for nothing, I now have $934.00 worth of damage to my vehicle, and no idea who did it.
Featured
Lowes - HVAC a disaster
Lowes - HVAC a disaster
I purchase a central unit for my home at Lowe's , Decatur Texas. A Ary Company Heating and AC. did the installation. The unit is call a packed unit, mean the heat and AC is in one unit with plenum boxes run on the crawl space connected with flexible ducts. Well A Ary,...

Have the same problem in Brooklyn, NY. Fast to respond to make the sale but impossible to reach when you have a problem.

Installer Nick from CCH Mechanical does not return your calls and CPO project coordination Sharon Jones is just as unprofessional as the installer. Have had my unit in for 1-1/2 month and still waiting for them to contact me on an existing problem from day one.

They just don't return your calls! Advise not to use Lowe's for any of your HVAC install.

View more comments
Review
Cons
  • Hvac installation sucks
Price reduction
Tags
  • Hvac Installation Sucks

Lowes - The fence from *** / Lowe's

It started in June when I signed a contract with Lowe's to add to an existing fence (I was fully enclosing my dog run). The contract stated that the work would be completed by Sunday, July 16th. Lowe's did not show up or even return my numerous calls 'til I said I wanted my money back. A young woman from Lowe's installation company called and told me I needed a permit to do this. After spending an entire day checking on this "needed" permit... I was told that I didn't need a permit ! I called my salesman and told him if Lowe's can't put my fence in by next week I want a full refund or I'd sue them for breach of contract. Immediately after talking with the salesman, the installation dept. called. Lowe's put the fence up Monday July 24th, EIGHT days after the contractually agreed upon date. The fence Lowe's put up was rusted. I pointed this out to the installers and they told me to wire brush the rust out and spray it with WD-40. I said no. Then they said they'd do it if I had some WD-40, after spending 20 minutes looking for the oil it dawned on me that I didn't work for Lowe's. I told the installer's to call their sprvsr. and that I'd paid for a NEW fence. The installers said they'd come back and replace the fence in 2 weeks or less. They never came. After SIX calls I was finally given a new fence on August 11th. Terrible experience. Lowe's should be ashamed.

What kinda of *** reply ? Isn’t it consumer protection against things like this ? Shane on Lowe’s , the thing is sign the contract through Lowe’s , not with the “lowest bidder” , from the eyes of the law , Lowe’s is fully responsible for their so called “ lowest bidder “

Lowe's doesn't install fences or anything else. They contract it out to the lowest bidder so they can be the lowest priced company selling fences. What else did you expect when you bought the lowest price fence you could find?

@Anonymous

Lowes Customer service is horrible hands down trust me i know i install for lowes. I would never recommend lowes installation to anyone i care about.

They only get customers because they finance. Ive witnessed so many nightmares i could write a book thicker then the bible.

Review
Cons
  • Read the compliant tired of playing games
Price reduction

Lowes - Told the item was at the store

1.2
Went to lowes after I was told the item was at the store. When I arrived and went to get my item. It wasn't there. Drove a long way to get my item( a dorm fridge for my daughter). The item was 60.00. They only had one type, that was 119.00. They told me that they would take 5% off. That's it. What an experience. Never believe them when they say they have the item in stock. The employees of this whole store are completely incompetent. GO TO ANOTHER STORE. I will never shop at lowes again

OP:

You are using a very broad brush to paint the employees at this location as completely incompetent just because the refrigerator you wanted was not in stock.

Is it really fair to point the finger at an employee who does not even work in the department where the refrigerators are?

How would you like it if this happened to you or to your daughter?

@Anonymous

No matter who I spoke to, nothing was resolved... I even spoke to the store manager...you have no idea what you’re talking about...

Not as described/ advertised

Lowes - Delivery blew us off

We're in the middle of a Lowe's XPO fiasco about an oven we ordered. The customer service reps themselves were kind, just the entire organizations don't care. We got fresh produce to make an inaugural oven meal bc we were told 6-8 pm Th. Waited afraid to cook supper on our old stove (oven's broken) in case they showed up. No one came. Called Lowe's and was told we'd be an "add-on" for Friday, so they couldn't give us a time. (They said the report said the driver came and no one answered the door. Hah. We were looking for them the whole time. Either they're incompetent at finding addresses, or they lie; neither is good. For my job, I visit homes, and I can tell you if someone doesn't answer the door, I phone them. Duh!) So I called XPO Friday morning and asked if someone could call us to touch base--no, they'd just call 30-60 minutes before they came. Husband teleworked that day. No one called or came. I called Lowes in the evening but the nice person was powerless. I then called XPO and the rep said a manager would call us in about 5 minutes. Nope. I went to work today (Saturday) but my husband was home and said no one called or came. I called XPO this evening and the (again) kind customer service rep said he would try to reach a supervisor and could I please hold...which I did for a full 35 minutes before giving up. Does Lowes want our money or not?!?!?! I'd cancel but they wouldn't care, and I don't want to start all over with another company. But we are never, ever buying from Lowes again.

After a week, the oven showed up. The day before it showed up, the Lowes 1-800 customer service person said that it looked like the online order hadn't been processed, so we should call our local store manager.

I called the local store manager, left a message, and never heard back; but then that evening, the delivery place called and gave us a window of time during which we'd get the oven. So either someone did something helpful behind the scenes or their communication among themselves is poor.

Anyway, it finally, finally arrived. But if I'd gotten paid for all the time I spent on this, we could practically buy another appliance (but not from Lowes!!!!!).

I feel like you literally just wrote about my experience. So frustrating how they don't even care.

Review
Cons
  • Delivery did not show up day after day
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • Bad Product Delivery

Lowes in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin - Lousy customer service

2.3
My wife and I shopped at a Lowe's about 20 minutes from our house. After we got home she noted we were charged for 1 item twice. She called and the only way they know to resolve it is for us to drive back there with the receipt, wait while they check security footage, and if we prove we are right they will refund our money. Had a similar issue with a competitor and they simply looked the transaction up and gave us credit without any inconvenience to us. Lowe's certainly isn't encouraging us to be a customer and we most likely won't go back. I spend my money with merchants that make it easy and appreciate my business.

They should have been able to ask for the information they need off the receipt and viewed their security tapes without your coming in. Sounds like they make it easy for their cashiers to be dishonest.

@Anonymous

Yes because we need to automatically jump to "dishonest employees" god forbid it was a honest mistake.

But lowes policy is, customer is required to be in store to review footage for a refund on issues like this.

Is it less convenient for the customer yes. Imagine being the cashier having to deal with you and your needy self.

@Anonymous

The only way to tell if it is a customer error or a cashier error is to look at the security tapes. Why does the customer have to come back to the store to look at a tape?

The store makes it inconvenient for the customer in hopes they don't come in, making in easier for dishonest employees to get away without being caught. Not saying that there are dishonest employees there, but why make it easy for someone to be dishonest?

Full refund

Lowes in York, South Carolina - Complaint about delivery on time

3.6

Update by user Sep 07, 2017

there has been no answer to my complaint as of this day

Original review posted by user Sep 01, 2017

I purchased a washer on Tuesday the 22rd and was to be delivered on Sat the 26th between 12 and 4PM. I stayed home all day waiting for this washer and called at 3:30 to find out where it was. I waited online for 20 min. and was told delivery is still scheduled for me. Well at 8:00 Sat night it showed up. I had to take a day off work for this delivery and it didn't show until Sat evening. This is a very poor way to treat your customers. I use my Lowes credit card and now I am very worried to use it again. Is this normal and why did I have to call and not someone at Lowes telling me my delivery would be late? VERY VERY POOR customer service

A promise is a promise. How lame to make excuses for poor service and outright lies.

We have had Lowes blow at least 5 delivery dates. They fail far more often than they follow through.

Never again.

What it is is reality in the world of deliveries. Do you think the drivers wanted to be delivering Saturday night?

Unfortunately deliveries don't always go as planned. Appliances are big item and even though people think they are going to fit through their doors they sometimes don't.

You may find the deliveries before your required the drivers to remove and replace doors on refrigerators that they hadn't planned on, they had to wait for people to clear out their old refrigerators, even though that should have been done already and on and on. Until we live in a perfect world, there will be things that put schedules behind.

@Anonymous

Yes, deliveries can be complicated, and delivering appliances seems like an often terrible and back-breaking job. I don't ever fault the drivers for something being late.

What I do fault is a company that doesn't notify customers if something will be very late or not be delivered at all (the latter was the case for us). It's just polite--a customer spends a vacation day or loses work hours to be at home, so at least make sure someone picks up the phone and talks to them.

It shows that the company cares or at least cares enough to pretend. Communication, that's all.

Review
Pros
  • That they are close
Cons
  • Delivery service
  • Gave us the run around
Fair pricing