Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes - doesnt honor contract - Kitchen rehab

1.8
We hired lowes to remodel our kitchen. The coordination of the contractor and lowes delivery of materials was a mess. They sent the incorrect cabinets twice. Then failed to send the full arrangement. The floor has serious defect issues and the workmanship by the contractor is poor. Complaining to Lowes is very frustrating the "specialist" that were very interested in getting our business ignored the complaint initially. Only when corporate got involved did they come out to review the kitchen. Rude, indifferent and couldn't care less. It took 6 months for the kitchen to be completed, we are not happy with it. Continue to complain and asked that someone from management review the work. Delays delays delays. Corporate offers compensation that is about half of what it would take to fix their work. we continue to battle but be aware their strategy is to delay AND WEAR YOU DOWN, until you give up.
Kitchen Remodeling
Cons
  • Organization
  • Coordination of project
  • Customer care
Bad quality
$12000
Preferred solution
reinstall the floor. Abide by the contract we signed.

Lowes in Lacey, Washington - Lowe's suck Customer Care

2.4
I bought a garage door opener. Paid 205.00. Took home and realized it said 1.25 horsepower, was really a 3/4 horsepower. So now to return. I went to store number 2738. Lacey, Washington. Jessie the manger was horrible. I walked in and said please i need to return. A young lady said wait. Never asked me for receipt. Jessie showes up.and asks me for receipt. I gave to him. He then gave me problems from start. So i went looking for something bigger and stronger. No luck. Came back. Jessie lost my receipt as he says. And said he had to witness me on camera to prove i actually bought it there. Took 30 minutes and walla he found receipt He is an idiot and deserves to be fired. Hate that store do to manger Jessie

Not 1st time Manger Jessie treated customers this way.

Lowes Manager
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes in Trotwood, Ohio - Lowe's Refused to Install LVT

I had Lowe's quote LVT in one room (currently has carpet) and two bathrooms (both have linoleum). Lowe's contractor came out, took measurements, went through the scope of work, and provided us with a quote. SIX WEEKS later the product finally came in, the install was scheduled, installer showed up and within 10 minutes said the floor was not level. This is unacceptable. I paid for Lowe's to send out a qualified contractor, signed a contract, now Lowe's will not honor the contract. I have spoken to numerous Lowe's employees, trying to get resolution, and NO ONE returns my calls. I have since contacted a contractor that I know personally, and he leveled my floor, took him approximately 2 hours. he said that he believes that Lowe's just did not want to do the work, that my floor was very level, just a little compound needed in a couple of areas. Lowe's still has my money, has not returned my call since my last message (3 weeks ago). I think it's the old bait and switch routine, I bought the product yet they refuse to install due to being held liable for the warranty. Now I have no warranty, which is the reason why I contracted with Lowe's to begin with. I am not only extremely angry, but now more disappointed that Lowe's NEVER returned my calls, even after promising they would. Unbelievably poor customer service. I'm wondering how many other people have encountered the same issue....class action lawsuit comes to mind.
Flooring Installation
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Extremely very and I mean poor customer service

2.0
last friday I purchase a storm door and had the store (#0491) hold it for me to pick up this week-end, ok. now I go to pick up the door and go to customer service counter to get the door. only one person was work and she was at refund counter with at least 6 people waiting. as I am waiting other people are behind me (3-4) and we are still waiting. then this women comes strolling up working on her face and carrying a soft drink and just goes behind the counter and does say one word to anyone. so I address her for some help, her respond "I do not work here". she as a lowe's vest on and address the group with that responds. I then say could you try to get us some help here, it was like I ask her to do major surgery on her mouth. so at that I leave this area in search of help, as I walk around the store I count no more then 5 people and only 1 is really doing anything. so I as the only one working if she could help find some one to assisted at customer service counter. she did try and finally this person who we will address as an assistance to the store management, Travis. now he Travis is totally lost and by the way wearing a hat that has no relationship to lowe's. he ask if he could help and I respond yes, so instead of standing in the middle of the isle I as him to move over to a corner. which I start asking questions, which I see he has no idea. much longer store so I will cut to the chase, I got my money back from the store and just left. now if this is the way corporate america plans on running it stores, I am here to tell you, you are going to fail, so get ready america here it comes
aliens_amoung_us

That's a bummer, for I prefer Lowes over home Depot any day. I can never get anyone to help me at HD, but at my Lowes they are actually helpful.

Call corporate and explained what happen.

h.kitchener

You took the correct action by cancelling the order. Now, find the Lowe's website and send a complaint to corporate about this location.

What they do with it, who knows, but now get your door from Menard's, Home Depot, etc. The problem at this store is management at some level---either with corporate determining how many people should be working that day or store management not managing the employees or paying attention to what is going on in the store.

The sad thing is, tho that nowadays most employees could care less that the store lost a sale or that customers are provided bad customer service. After all, they don't own the store and if they provide *** service, "ain't my problem." We are doomed.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Personnel not knowing what to do or there jobs
Poor customer service

Lowes - Wheelbarrow can't hold logs without breaking bin.

1.8
Bought a "TruTemper" wheelbarrow with a plastic bin. The bin cracked the first time I tossed a log into the bin. I taped it with Gorilla Tape, but within six months, it had cracked all over. I took it back, saw that all new "TruTemper" wheelbarrows had METAL bins. They told me to go to the manufacturer. Right, I should ship it? I tried to complain, but that can only be on by telephone or by chat. So, I chatted. The rep. said, "I understand, completely." I haven't heard anything since. I left the wheelbarrow at Lowes because I have only a car, and buying it required borrowing a truck, so it returning it.

if incident happened in cold weather plastic gets brittle will crack easier

Sorry the issue had presented itself this way, but it sounds like you were not correctly qualified during the product selection process.

Plastic drum wheel barrows are not for items that are considered solid items (bricks, logs, Large rocks)

A store associate should of been able to walk you through more qualified selection process.

You can buy wheelbarrows with metal or plastic trays. You should have bought the metal tray if you had planned on throwing heavy solid materials in it. Not their fault you abused the plastic tray.

Product
True Temper Wheelbarrow
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Preferred solution
how about a wheelbarrow with metal bin that dents but doesn't break?

Lowes in Texarkana, Texas - Bent Deck on Zero turn John Deere riding mower

3.0
On April 6 ,2017 I purchased a new Z335 John Deere Zero turn mower from our local Lowe,s Store in Texarkana, Texas. After I mowed my yard, I noticed that the mower cut unevenly. I thought the tires needed air so I aired them up, and the mower cut the grass unevenly again. When I went to park my mower, I heard a sound as if metal hitting together so I shut the mower off immediately. I carried my mower back to Lowe,s and was informed to take it to an outside repair shop where the mechanic informed me that the mower had a bent deck. I only had mowed with it two times, and I know that I did not hit anything with it. I carried it back to Lowe,s and was told the mower had to be sent out for repairs. This took place on 28 April 2017. I was informed on August 5th 2017 I would have to pay for the repairs even though I purchased the extended warranty . On 22 September 2017, John Deere delivered my mower to the cost to me for $867.00. This is not fair to me as a consumer. I did nothing to damage my mower, I was without my mower for all of the grass cutting season. The local lowe,s loaned me a mower to cut my yard. This is sloppy business!! I should be reimbursed for my losses.
h.kitchener

They(Lowe's and/or the repair shop)determined the bent deck was caused by owner negligence and thus the warranty did not apply. I would contact John Deere corporate---they have a website where you can contact customer service---and see what they can do for you.

Your mistake originally was in buying the machine from Lowe's instead of direct from your local John Deere dealer. All these big box stores may sell John Deere tractors, but for any kind of service they send them to the local John Deere dealer. The dealer thus has nothing invested in keeping you as a customer as he only is doing the repair work and didn't sell it to you. I now have three John Deere tractors of various sizes and always, always buy direct from the dealer.

He knows he sold me a tractor and will do everything he can to make me a satisfied customer. Lowe's could care less about providing good customer service. I learned decades ago to not buy anything on display at a big box store after I witnessed kids standing and stepping on the decks of lawn tractors and playing the them. Try contacting corporate as it cannot hurt.

Perhaps you should suggest that John Deere look at and try to determine exactly why the deck is bent.

They may be able to determine how it is bent and how it could have been done. Good luck.

Product
John Deere Z335 Lawn Mower
Cons
  • Being given the run-a-round
  • Humility i was subjected to
Bad quality
Full refund

Lowes - Delivery service is horrible

Did online order for w/d on saturday sept 16 late night. website stated that i would received a call within 24 hrs with details for delivery. no call on sunday. not available to call them either day. by tuesday still no call. so called the 800 number who called store and was told that i would receive a call the next day to set up delivery. never received call. so i called store again and was told i would receive a call the next day to set up delivery. which i informed them i wanted on friday morning. no call. thus i called them again thursday and told it would be delivered friday but would receive a call by 7am to get time for delivery. i again informed them that i was not there and was having some make a trip to house to take delivery for me. friday morning no call. at 7:30 am i called the store again, chris, in delivery, told me the items were on the truck out for delivery and he would text the driver to call 30 minutes before delivery to allow person taking delivery to be there. well no call they just showed up. lucky someone was there. later found out that they were there on wednesday to make delivery. dont l now how they figured wednesday was a delivery day for me since no one ever called me about the delivery. i will never purchase anything for delivery from lowes again. would rather do there competitors and pay more than to get service like this.

Was this the Lowes store in Oakland Park, Florida ?

@T1092

Zephyrhills,Fl store

What happened to using complete sentences and correct grammar?

Reason of review
delivery system, customer service bad..

LOWES DELIVERY SERVICE

2.5
I ordered a bar-b-grill on the 5h of Sept. and was promised it would be delivered the following Monday. Monday came and went, no delivery and no phone call . I stayed home all day waiting for it. I called to complain about it and was promised that it would arrive that following Friday, Gauranteed. Well, Friday came and went with the same results, no delivery and no phone call. What a business. I called corporate to complain and was given some story about that it would definitely arrive the following Monday. No apology, no let us try to make this this right, by offfering a refund on the delivery, since it took so long. I was planning a backyard Bar-b-que that I had to cancel due to this very late delivery. Someone from corporate was suppose to call me back to see if the delivery ever came, but that never happened either. In my opinion, Lowes need to do better by it's customers with it's deivery service. I'm really disappointed in the way that this was handled. Word of caution, get it in writing or text, so you'll have proof of the lies that they tell. Never again. Bad business practices. Watch out people, Lowes is unrealiabe when it comes to delivery services.
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Unprofessional delivery service and call back promise
Full refund
Tags
  • charcoal

Lowes - don't buy, they fail to meet their sales agreements!

We bought a slide-in range (GE ) from LOWES and the GE unit's specifications met our available space. We were advised that the delivery staff would install the new slide range. Upon arrival , the delivery staff said that they couldn't install then unit as it might damage our granite counter top, which they couldn't be responsible for. Our space met GE's requirements!!! We have more then enough space that meet GE's requirements. Bottom line -- don't trust Lowe's staff to work with you. They are either incompetent or expected to screw you! I'm bothered by this requirement that i submit at least 100 words - look like I've met that requirement, and then"system"won't let me submit my concerns.

This situation is a grey area.

Delivery teams are responsible for "installing" Appliance products.

The items that are outside of scope are following

Gas hookup, structural attachments (Dishwashers, OTR Microwaves), Drop in Ranges, Wall Ovens.

Should the team of placed your slide in range yes, are they able to reject doing so for customers property protection, also yes.

A driver that is store hired or third party is responsible for having a certain $ amount of insurance at all times to cover issues like broken or scratched granite.

If a driver feels that he is not able to safely preform the task they are able to decline it. Although they should of worked with you in that moment to set up and secondary time frame for them to come back and complete the task.

OP:

Complain the the third party delivery service instead of to Lowes since the third party delivery service is the cause of the problem.

If you did not pay for the installation, then the range you bought will not be installed.

So check the paperwork you signed.

#1371980

Third party delivery service. Not a Lowe's problem.

AND there is a difference between delivery and INSTALLATION. Did you PAY for an installation or just get the FREE delivery?

Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • hard time
  • Terrible Customer Service
  • No Install

Lowes NEEDS IMPROVEMENT

When it comes to a natural disaster you would think a store of this magnitude would have it covered. Hurricane Irma was a big one. So everyone was preparing. We had never been in need of a generator, but this go around I was like hey why not, just in case. So I was researching generators on 9.4-9.5 finally decided on 9.5.17 to order a 3800 Champion item#719355 model#76533. There were 3 options FREE Shipping to home or pick up in store on 9.11.17 and an option just for FREE SHIPPING. I chose FREE SHIPPING thinking if i order today the latest would be 9.9, 9.10. So, Order was placed with no issues, red flags or messages. Ckd the status the next day "unknown" also on 9.7. On 9.8 I received an email stating my order was "delayed shipping" and would not be shipped until 9.11.17. Which I couldn't do anything about and as long it was still being shipped eased my mind. THEN on 9.9.17 I received another email stating ORDER#675971510 (which isn't my order#) was cancelled!! 9.9.17 you notify me AND tied up my money to even think of getting anything else. I was livid! So we were lost. Hoping power wouldn't be out for long, BUT our power was out from Sunday night to Wednesday night. We lost all of our refrigerated foods and had to buy extras -candles, flashlights, fans etc- that weren't necesseties IF we had a generator. So not only did you and still, charge my cc that has am undelivered generator on there with no refund/cancellation, I also have loss of funds for things unnecesseray AND I will be paying interest on something I never received! The measley 100.00 giftcard that they compensated doesnt even touch any of my losses. Loss of sweat for having a hot house, loss of 200.00+ refridgerated food, loss of funds spent on unnecessary items that a generator could have provided. For a family of 5, 3 kids from 4-13, it was a rough time. And as of 9.20.17, weeks later, still no refund/cancellation.

If It was me, I would have bought one from a store that had them in stock and I could have taken it home. That way I wouldn't have had to worry about any delays in shipment. You knew bad weather was coming which in itself had a potential to delay shipments.

@Anonymous

This was not about the generator. The rant was a timeline of events, that is still going.

Ordered generator with no issues and debited account on 9.5.17..rcvd cancellation email on 9.9.17. As of 9.21.17 still no refund.

SO they still have 500.00+ of mine that has not been available for 2 weeks and no fault of mine. Sorry, you may have that lying around as a loan but some people don't.

View more comments (1)