Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes in Kyle, Texas - Kitchen remodel & design

Lowes - Kitchen remodel  & design
Almost 3 months ago this hellacious process started. The tear out and install should have taken a month at most. I have drawers that hit the handles of opposing drawers which prevents them from opening up all the way and I have TWO different styles of cabinets!! I paid for the expensive Kraft maid brand and what they sent was something less. The entire process has been a nightmare and Lowes and it's upper management chose to not stand behind the customer much less their work. DO NOT Do business with Lowes for kitchen remodels much less design. I reached out to the CEO and actually got a response from someone at corporate however they finally responded and said they won't help me.

I understand your anger, truly.

What I will say is simply this... the old adage of " you catch more flies with honey then with vinegar" could not be more true.

Keep consistent, but stay understanding.

You will get results. They may take time.

What you have to understand is when it comes to Installed Sales... These Installers are chosen by corporate and not the store, and they sign very specific contracts with how and what they will do.

At times many installers are scheduled multiple weeks out. So for them to immediately stop and return to your home would set a ripple that would impact dozens others. Sadly we cant force the installers to fix or change anything.

Its much like getting hit by someone with out insurance...

it happens but you at no fault of your own are left with all the costs... now imagine this in the contexts of peoples home's. An average Lowe's installed department goes into 23 peoples homes a day. That's 115 peoples projects a week.

Even at a 95% completions success rate. Incidents happen.

Lowe's will always make it right, but they try not to just open up the register and throw money at a problem... often times the process is long due to them holding the installers responsible.

ellissusieq_22
@Anonymous

Very wise advice. Being a senior citizen makes for lots of exasperating experiences with installers, but we find that kindness while angry is a skill difficult to employ.

We have been waiting for a Lowes installer for a month to get the fence up. :)

@Anonymous

If you look at the picture you see a basic design error. The designer didn't place a filler next to a blind corner cabinet. Who ever drew the kitchen was either new or in a rush and skipped the required filler.

View more comments (2)
Review
Cons
  • I described it already
Bad quality
Lowes - Kraft Maid kitchen cabinets are junk!
Lowes - Kraft Maid kitchen cabinets are junk!

Update by user Aug 23, 2017

I am still waiting for the company to finish ordering new doors and get them installed. The experience is wearisome, and the customer service reps are not at all sympathetic or helpful. March is when the project began and we are now nearly at the end of August.

Original review posted by user Aug 15, 2017

We...

Sorry to hear others have had the same bad experience with Kraft Maid and Lowe’s. They never replaced the cabinets or repaired defects inbour grouted tile floor.

They stall and frustrate people until you just give up.

Poor customer service for sure. Hire a local tradesman with good reviews, best advice.

View more comments
Review
Cons
  • Customer service
  • Quality or cu
Preferred solution
replace the defective cabinets with defect free cabinets
Tags
  • Poor quality establishment

Lowes in Newport News, Virginia - Lowe' has no 25" tape measure s on the shelf

4.7
I was told they would not warranty any more kobalt tape measures so much for their lifetime warranty.
#1361993

The problem is that consumers don't bother looking at the warranty. The warranty covers manufacturer defects, NOT DAMAGE.

Ripping the end of your tape off isn't a defect. It is damage and not covered under warranty.

All too many consumers feel a tape they damaged should be replaced under warranty. No store or manufacturer should be responsible for the abuse of a tool by a consumer.

Warranty issue

Lowes - Insult

Ordered ceiling planks by armstrong. We went to pick up at lowes. They rolled 19 packages of runned over open boxes, some smashed and you could see broken planks. They headed out to our truck but I stopped them. I was furrious! They actually thought we would accept them. They said they were giving us 10 percent off per box for reorder. They should have never showed or brought the boxes up front.

Yes because you would of been perfectly happy with being told... "sorry sir but the PO you ordered for X product came in damaged, unfortunately we will have to reorder, and it will take 3-11 business days"

Sounds like they offered to give you what they had at a discount, so you could of at least started your project.

But nope... thats not good enough.

Lowes - Unhappy employees, unhappy customers

2.2
No body looks happy working at lawes and they are not helpful to customers because of that. Last week an employee got so upset with her supervisor, she cried. No body answers the phones, when you need something their respond "what do you want?" Instead of "may I help you" i am not happy with them at all but unfortunately i have to shop there because i had to:(
#1361995

Not much different at any big box home center. They all claim to have the best prices.

The big expense they can control to keep costs down is payroll.

Fewer and fewer employees are expected to do more and more. Get a job at a big box store for a month and I'll bet you'll gain a big understanding of why you get the service you do.

Lowes - Kitchen nightmare in Williamsburg Va

After months of planning with the designer , I finally ordered my kitchen in Beginning of July... I paid of $12000... for cabinets and appliances. I was told the demo and instal would be around 1200$ Turns out they wanted over $5000. Alone for the demo it was 2300$... I decided thats a job we could do ourselves, it took 3 hours to take down old cabnets and haul them to the dump. Lowes cordinator obviously gets paid a commision on the work she contracts out... Obviously she was not happy about our demo do it your self... I agreed on the install for 1145$ After ordering, there was little comunication from her... I kept pressing for a date of the install, since we had a estimated date of the delivery. She kept saying" no worries" since you did the demo, we just have to check it was done right... I finally a week before the cabnetts arrived, wrote an email, the next day or so I got a date... It would be a month after the delivery! She knew I would be having out of town visitors and then leaving out of the country... she in my opionion purposely delayed the install out of revenge... I wrote to the coporate headquarters, addressing my letter to the CEO , Mr. Niblock... I recived a call from his Blocker ...phone tag for serval days, and when i did get her on the phone 3 days later, I was informed that Lowes will NOT install the cabinets at all. I was shocked to hear this. What am I suppose to do? She said to find my own installer.... it was not their problem... So the kitchen cabinetts were dumped at my house this week... Aug... I drove to lowes to get the blue prints... I was told by the designer, He is NOT allowed to talk to me... He is NOT allowed to give me my blue prints... He said his hands are tied... I then saw the corninator come walking by, and she then alerted the store manger... He shot around the corner and stood 15 feet away staring me down...the designer apologized ... He said he does not know what to say... he understands its impossible to install the kitchen without the blueprint... and he recommends i call the blocker back at the corporate office... I have been humiliated, treated as if i were a shoplifter, and discriminated... Unbelievable how they can take your money and then dump off the kitchen and run... the courior didnt even do the inventory with me... Lowes was suppose to come and inspect the cabinets, no one came ... I called the store again... pleading i need the blueprints... again... i was told they cant give them to me... I aslo paid for a gas stove and a dishwasher and a sink... I asked when will they be delivered... he had no answer... They are being held hostaged too... I cant believe I gave this store 12,000... for this mess... The CEO, Mr, Nitblock , could care less about the treatment of his customers... he wont even asked his mail, he has a total of 18 blockers at his corporate office to fend off his unhappy customers... I will now call the attorney general, contact our wavy TV 10 and hire a lawyer... Buyers beware, hope this does not happen to others, but after researching reviews, this is not an isolated case of bad customer service... I dont know how these people still have a job, or how they stay in business.

I am now going through the same thing. 50k + paid in June and kitchen is still gutted. I need some advice--CEO is not responding to my emails??

@Ann

Of coarse the ceo is not responding , the have what I call blockers ... 16 of them ...

I wrote daily .... never got a any further ...

other then the blocker who apologized , blah blah ... I will never step foot in the store again !

Do you really think a CEO of a nationwide company has the time to answer consumer complaints? Life just doesn't work that way.

If he had one customer per store each week seeking his attention he would have to answer 46 requests per hour based on a 40 hour work week. Your expectations or an individual are unreasonable.

That is why they have customer service departments to handle problems. I would expect you would want not only more than 90 seconds of consideration for your complaint and I would also think you would a CEO to have a little more responsibility than handling customer comments.

Is the CEO's name really Mr. Nitblock or is this your idea of sarcasm to get the result you demand?

It's Niblock

@Anonymous

Actually that's IS his name .... google it!

You sound like a psycho. They outlined what was to be done and you decided that everything was going to revolve around your timeline just because you paid a measly 12k.

@Juibgh

You sound like a troll. Obviously you've never experienced doing business with Lowes for cabinets and just how horrible they are.

@Anonymous

Here are the facts... Lowe's Corporate chooses Installers.

The individual stores have little to no say over who does work for them.

The contracts go out like a reverse auction... the company the goes the lowest on labor prices gets the deal. Quality does lack.

The first fundamental issue that most customers do not see is, Lowe's (individual stores) cant just open up a cash drawer and solve the problem.

That may make you happy, but that does not correct the bad work.

The stores have to follow a corporate process that is long on purpose to remove certain installers from "rotation".

Lowe's llegally has to allow he same installer who F'd a job to go back out and attempt to fix it 3 times... at no financial burden to the Installer, do forget this whole time Lowe's is paying for this person's time.

Not the customer, ultimately customers suffer, but please next time you pick up the phone and want to yell at someone in the store, know that there is little they can do right away.

Its not a good system, but it is the one they have to follow to keep there jobs. I'm sure you can understand that.

Typo ... wow !!!

@Juibgh

You sound like an ***! If I purchase a kitchen , I expect it to be installed ...

end of story .... I should not be 2 1/2 months without a kitchen ...

Lowes had two installers ... that's it ...

@Juibgh

And a measly 12000$ you say ? That’s a lot of money ...

and I don’t care what amount I spend , I expect them to hold up there end of the co tract too! Your a real idiot , you need to get a reality check ...

It you're....idiot.

View more comments (12)
Review
Cons
  • Have never had worse
$12000
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Lake Jackson, Texas - Flooring purchase nightmare

I purchased tile flooring and was told a few weeks after I had not ordered enough and would have to pay more to get the remainder of the tile. I questioned the employee about the square footage THEIR installation contractor quoted. I was then told I had ordered enough but there was a mistake with a different house using our flooring. Essentially, my tile was used in another house and had I. It questioned, I would have paid for their mistake. Even still they had to order new tile for me which added another week of waiting. Delivery date arrives. I'd like to note the store location "added" free delivery for our trouble. I was told I would get a call the night before to confirm delivery. I did not. Then, I was tried to cancel delivery. However, I was told the delivery manager had no way of contacting the delivery truck. I would have to tell the delivery man to return the material. He called me when he was sitting in my driveway (not 30 minutes before like I was told). He had to return my flooring and he was not pleased. At this point, I plan to visit the store to explain my frustration and cancel my purchase. I've had many conversations with corporate. At no point did they offer to help solve this issue. I simply get, sorry you're having to deal with this. We will sent the complaint to the store. I could not be more displeased and my business will be taken ANYWHERE but lowes.

Lowes - Less than competent cashiers

2.2
I give you this detail in the hopes that someone in upper management will read this and correct the problem. Here we go, on Saturday, August 12 I've visited Lowe's on Inwood Road in Dallas Texas. I needed a few specialty bolts and took them up to the cashier. The barcode was worn off the packages and she had no idea what to do. I must've held the line up for at least five minutes. She then asked me to go back and see if there was another package with a good barcode. When I returned to this cashier and let her know there were no more packages, she told me that there was nothing that she could do about this item on the purchase. Needless to say, by this point I decided to go somewhere else. In the process of going to their competitor (HD)I thought that someone in management at that Lowe's store should know. When I called, the operator did not want to transfer me to the store manager and put me on the line with a service desk person named Mixx. I found him to be very rude, and spoke with a very strong accent of which you could hardly understand on the phone. I will not be going back to this store and will advise all my contractor friends to avoid this location as well

I've learned a few things about shopping since stores stopped placing price tags on merchandise. The most important is that if it doesn't have a barcode the cashier can't scan it.

If I pick up a product without a barcode I look for another one that has the barcode. If it doesn't I find someone on the sales floor to get a barcode for the product. I've learned that the cashiers can't leave the register to go find one. They will have to contact someone who will often have to come to the register and go back to the floor to get a code.

It's much quicker to get someone on the floor to get the code BEFORE you go to the register than taking a product without a barcode to the register. This is true of any store you go to, not just Lowes.

Yes, in an ideal world everything would have a tag, and usually does, but stickers can fall off or be pulled off and end up missing. Shop where ever it's convenient for you but realize the same thing can happen there as well and then you'll have to find somewhere else to shop.

No, it's not the customer's responsibility to have products properly marked, but it is their responsibility to accept that they have no right to get upset when it takes the cashier time to ring up the merchandise. It's THEIR fault when they step up to the register and say "It said this is 5.98." No amount of training is going to allow cashiers to memorize item numbers for hundreds of thousands of products.

This is a perfect example of how incompetent and condescending the box stores have become. It is NOT and never will be the responsibility of a customer to have products properly marked and ready for sale.

And it is NOT the customers fault that the employee, whether it be a cashier or anyone else, doesn't know where to find the proper price/bar code. That is *** poor training.

incompetence , or just plain laziness on the part of ever employee involved. This is the kind of thing that makes my skin crawl, knowing that thousands of locally owned businesses have gone bankrupt because of stores like Lowe's.

@Anonymous

Wow you must think cashiers are superheroes who can just magic a barcode into the system out of nowhere. I agree with the earlier part about it being the company's job to have things ready for sale. But the cashier's can't magic their way into knowing what the item's barcode is.

So it's the cashiers fault the barcode was worn off the package? When you went back to look for more packages, you could have looked at the bin label in the drawer and gotten the item number.

I see *** everyday break the package open to check the thread size and then they take a package that is not opened. But it's the cashiers fault.

@Lowes Hardware

It's NOT the customers job! It's Lowe's responsibility to have bar codes on products AND know what the prices are!

@Anonymous

You argument doesn't make it the cashiers fault...You are arguing just to argue.

You *** always manage to know when the price is 2 cents higher than the sticker on the shelf, but you can't figure out that the same sticker also had the item number for the item you're purchasing.

So does this mean that Lowes cashiers are incompetent or just this this particular cashier is incompetent because going by the heading of your complaint, Lowes has incompetent cashiers.

So exactly what would you have done if you were the cashier?

View more comments (9)

Lowes in Stockbridge, Georgia - No quality product, No quality service

1.8
I purchased a mower on 4.3.2017 from a local store. The unit was in a box - sealed when we picked this up. We were told that the mower company [Troy-Built] recommended special fuel for the unit. We purchased the fuel as recommended by the store. We assembled and used the mower that day. Over the next few weeks, the unit started and worked well. Then in June [2 months later] the unit stopped starting. We contacted the store and we were informed the return policy is 30 days for in store exchange. We were directed to contact the manufacturer to arrange a warranty repair. Lowe's also discovered that the mower was 2 years old! The date on the tag stated built in 2015. This was an issue with return and warranty, since they believed that I must have purchased this 2 years ago, came and purchased another one of the same units [since I have a receipt] and was attempting to return the older unit. I called Troy and received a return case# and they sent me to a warranty store 10 mile from my home address. After packing up the mower and delivering it to the store, The informed me that they no longer provide warranty service for Troy-Built mowers. I called the manufacturer back, they sent me to another shop 15 miles away. I delivered to this shop and they accepted the mower. After 60 days of waiting, I called the shop and they informed me that the fuel damaged the carburetor! I was very angry at this time, since I purchased expensive fuel when I got the mower so this would not happen. It seems the store, warranty service and the manufacturer all have a scam to get you to buy stuff that you do not need and it still will not work! Why do we have to buy an extended warranty to cover your product for a few months? If you would build a quality product, we would not need to spend more money to have it stay working. I am still without a mower, paying to get lawn cut and waiting for a resolve to this mess. DO NOT buy from Lowes! They do not stand behind what you pay for. DO NOT buy Troy-Built mowers or MTD products. They do not work and they do not offer any real warranty repair. So many red-flags from the mower date being 2 years after manufacturing and still being sold, only works with specialty fuel and not many shops willing to service the products tells me that there are issue. Stay away!!
Full refund

Why hire lowes installation?
2015 I were hired Lowe's Home Improvement installed siding, windows and gutter; It cost me $40,000. Last year I have observed that my ceiling was stain I have no clue what is happen now the ceiling paint peel and water drops on windows and floor so I have to go up attic to check where it leaks I have observed that is *** from nail full out cause by the installing guy were nail on roof to hold the scaffolding during they install siding and windows when they remove the scaffolding they forget caulk the roof so over time the shingle expanse that why it takes longer to see it leaks when I up the attic I had observed that other side of house has a nest of bird I did not why I had keep looking you get what I had find out the holes other side of the house when they had removed old siding it was tear off the install inside when they replaced the new siding but it is not go all the way up to the roof so they had leaved the holes they also not replace the soffit. I am a handy man usually I haven't call to complaint because my house is too high and the roof was a straight I have went up to the roof but barely to walk it is sliding. My neighbor told me that to call Lowes don't kill yourself so I have make a phone call to installation department on Monday 8/7/2017 one of the worker answer my phone call his name is David you know what is told me I am apologize the labor warranty only one year so my warranty is over nothing he can help me we talk back and forth about 5 minutes but the problem still the same so he had switched to his supervisor his name is Mike so the problem is not be solve he had said the same thing my apologize the labor warranty only one year; He keep repeat over and over like a record about 15 minutes. I have given him a last chance to solve my problem. He said that he can't do it I have said that this conversation is over and I hang up. In my situation a leaking will take over year to see it leaks and the missing siding no way I can see from the ground. My BIG QUESTION FOR LOWE'S HOME IMPROVEMENT why I have to hire you. You go out to hire another contractor we do not know them so we liable on Lowe's to behind your customer now I have stuck with one year labor warranty so you can hire the contractor do lousy job. Nothing can fall down and go bad in one year. I am so disappoint on Lowe's because I expect on Lowe's too much now on all my project never and ever go to Lowe's I will tell my all friend and my customer do not use installation from Lowe's.

You signed a contract. You should have read it first.

@Retail worker

Retail worker...

For every *** job you do, may *** fall on you !

Lock up your trail or, karmas coming for you.

View more comments (1)
Review
Cons
  • Already stated above
  • Corporate policey
to fix my problem