Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Major Appliance/Extended Protection Plan

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!! First of all, I want to tell everyone not to shop at Lowe's for major appliances OR buy their extended service/protection plan. We purchased a Samsung French Door refrigerator/freezer from Lowe's as well as the extended protection plan. The handle which is used to open the freezer door broke. Specifically, there are plastic pieces inside the freezer door that broke, which renders the unit useless. Let me add that this issue is not cosmetic. Anyway, Lowe's refused to honor the warranty and replace the door because it is "unintentional damage" and therefore the repair is not covered. This makes no sense to me because the protection plan covers "normal wear and tear." Also, once a service technician advises Lowe's that the damage is unintentional damage, the repair cannot be re-reviewed. Please make note of this if you are indeed buying a major appliance and/or an extended protection plan from Lowe's.

Pieces like that don't just break. I doubt you will find anyone that will cover your kids hanging on the door and breaking the handle. That's damage, not wear and tear.

@Anonymous

If it is a cheap product it will break. With all my experience with refrigerators, that should not happen.

Product
Lowes Warranty
Bad quality

Lowes - Worst Delivery Service from Brooklyn Store

My order was originally supposed to arrive on 9/8. It was cancelled, then 9/11 then cancelled again to 9/12 but only a fraction of the order was delivered then I was unable to contact anyone at the Brooklyn Lowe's who could tell me where the rest of the order went. Finally, a 5 PM, I was told there was a miscommunication. They were definitely not calling the number provided, although XPO delivery called me on that number. This has happened several times with the Brooklyn store, the delivery staff is very poor and unresponsive. I do not plan to ever order again from Lowe's after several bad experiences. This store needs to be reviewed. 9/13 still can't get a delivery date.

This is the norm not just in your area. Much better with lowes employees!

Don't think they will save money in the long run. Home Depot until they fix their mess.

Xpo Logistics Delivery Service
Cons
  • Manager attitude
  • Delivery was postponed 3 times
  • Gave us the run around
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
  • slowest delivery

Lowes San Antonio, Austin Highway

Last night I ordered 35 bags of garden soil because online they showed to be in stock. They notified me that the order was cancelled because they did not have stock, even though the website shows there is more than enough for my order. My frustration is because while they cancelled the order, they did not issue an immediate refund. I need to purchase somewhere else but am in limbo because I must wait for the funds to be reinstated to my account. I don't complain often but think this is inexcusable. I needed the soil now, not at some undetermined time. They did not seem to care about the inconvenience. I do not understand.

What kind of soil did you buy that 35 bags cost $300? Also, if $300 put you outside of your limit then you probably shouldn't be wasting money on dirt.

Unfortunately computers don't go out and look at the shelf to see whats there. You will get your full refund, it's just that credit card companies are always slower at processing refunds than they are sales.

Lowes Shipping Service
Cons
  • Unprofessional customer service
Order processing issue
Full refund
  • Dismissive To Customers

Lowes - 6 Weeks and counting

I purchased a LOWE'S PROTECTION PLAN and am still trying to have it honored. My purchased item needed repair. I called the number given to me to schedule repair on7/30/17. Finally, I was connected to the local store manager who informed me that they would pick up the unit on Sept 12,2017. They did pick it up. I called to let them know that we were leaving for a 14 day trip and wanted to know what was happening to the unit. I was then told that they were going to call be because they did not know why they had picked it up? They then said it would go to repair the next day 8/14/17. It is now 9/11/17 with no word on what has happen to my $800 unit with a $100 protection plan. When I called today they said they would find out and call me soon. I waited 3+ hours with no call back. I called again to be told that they had called the repair station but no call had been returned by the repair station. But they would call again and let me know SOON. SO, is their service seems to be lacking, and they must not know how to use a phone!

What kind of item are you talking about?

Hope I have better experience if needed since I just bought the plan

Product
Lowes Protection Plan
Bad quality

Lowes - Good job!

Sedalia store #1067. Please recognize Zach and Nick for the fantastic job they did in loading sackrete and plywood for us.
Good customer service

Lowes - Farmville lowe's doesnt care about Customers (Goods Damaged)

Lowes - Farmville lowe's doesnt care about Customers (Goods Damaged)
First, it was raining and the item was moved off the truck and set in wet soil. Then they entered my residence without cleaning off the item or a least wiping their feet. Upon showing them location and the possible need to change the door configuration, they proceeded back to the truck to remove the non-boxed refrigerator. The item was moved (extremely tight move with the refrigerator touching the door frames and had to be nudged, shoved ) through two doors then the kitchen door which did not open the extra inch. They removed my house door (100+ years old 34-inch solid wood) still damaging the sides of the refrigerator, my door hinge finish, scratching my wood floor, and gouging the kitchen flooring. The driver disregarded the manufacturer’s instructions in Owner’s Manual in a text box (with an exclamation point!) on page 13, “NOTE: When it is necessary to move the refrigerator through a narrow opening, removing the doors is the recommended procedure. If it is necessary to remove the handles, follow the instruction below. The appearance of the handle may vary from what is shown in the illustrations.” Remove the refrigerator door, not my home doors! They had to reverse the door anyway, as the Lowe’s salesperson told us, so this would have been part of the delivery process. After placing the item and removing some of the plastic material they stated, "They only allow so much time and we have other deliveries so you'll have to call this 1-800 number to get the door changed. It’ll take 34-45 minutes". My wife called the number and the store to complain and requested the door be changed, and that a new professional crew be assigned. Now we’re two more days without use which is the earliest installation date. To note: we were notified of your policy that any door changing or leveling would be handled by the delivery personnel. And we tried to help by providing a 7-day delivery window. Lowe's local Customer Service called the morning (Sunday) they were scheduled to return to reverse the door and left a voice mail stating they’re “throwing in another washer hose for my leaking washer”. My wife called back and attempted to tell the customer service person the actual situation. The person (which would only provide his first name) WOULD NOT ALLOW my wife to speak. I could hear this in another room. Believing my wife was talked to in a disrespectful manner, I took over the phone call. Your service agent WOULD NOT ALLOW me to talk, finally after MULTIPLE “please let me talk” and then a direct demand, I was allowed to provide a list of the damage/complaints and ended the conversation with no apparent result. Later, a follow-up call was made and we were notified that a manager would call in 24 hours. A few hours beyond that period a manager at the Farmville, Virginia store responded asking about the leak!! Where is the leak! Again, we bought a refrigerator, not a washer. He made the customary apologies and asked my wife about the problems with the driver. Our answer was then, as it is now, they ignored the instructions, which damaged our house and a new refrigerator. My wife said he could call my husband if wanted. He did not want to and refused.
#1419566

Well, dryer went out, no response from Lowes about this complaint, So to Sears I go to a hometown store. Service was great, purchased item.

A quality Kenmore not a cheap Roper!

Seem like Lowes would care? Think before you shop, if the town or store does not support your values or service expectations "SHOP ELSE WHERE"!

No response to letter or calls. I will try the BBB, who knows maybe they will answer them. If they even care.

Went to home depot yesterday what a change in attitude of store employees, I can say it was a happy experience. Military Discount Yea!

No response to letter to store and Head Quarters. On to the CEO and BBB.

Consider never using Lowes as your box supplier. I will not even hire contractors' that use this store and the list grows!

It's always a good idea to make sure the appliances you buy will fit through your doors, especially if you have an old house with odd size doors. It's people like you that screw up the delivery schedule for everyone behind you.

@Anonymous

If the manufactures instructions were followed their would be no damage to the refrigerator. Now the added damage was not just sloppy and careless movers, but me screwing up, Make a internet search, a lot of customers screwing up, don't you think?

(XPO) I don't see how its the customers fault that service was not provided. But thinking a old houses is problem is also dumb! I can only believe that you have a horse in this complaint.

I hope Mr. Niblock see things different.

@Anonymous

It is ridiculous of you to blame a customer for damage caused to the home and purchased product during a Lowe's delivery. Lowe's is in the business of making home deliveries, and as a business, they have a responsibility to provide competent services with trained employees who are capable of navigating the most common of issues, such as size of entryway and product.

Only a true idiot would run a business that penalizes customers with horrible service if that customer does not anticipate a complication like this. Any good business understands that customers do not anticipate common complications as automatically as the experienced business does. Lowe's has encountered the issue thousands of times. Common sense would compel Lowe's to address such concerns with their customers ahead of time, especially since it is Lowe's who charges a significant delivery fee.

If the customer had to have all the knowledge and capability in the matter, then he wouldn't be paying Lowe's to do this for him!

There is an enormous malfunction in Lowe's selection and training of delivery workers, who DO represent the company, and need to have the sense to follow their own company's written instructions for responding to this kind of situation.

It is Lowe's responsibility to complete other deliveries in a timely manner, and anyone with basic thinking skills would devise a business plan that accomodates and anticipates a delivery complication.

Don't be the kind of fool who blames a previous customer on the schedule for the unprofessional planning and execution of services by the company who is PAID to do the job!

@PurpleTantrum

Um... Delivery is free on appliances at Lowes

doug49

Company please correspondence by email, phone conversation with them is part of the problems.

View more comments (8)
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Cust
  • Customer service
  • Delivery
Damaged or defective

Lowes in Sevierville, Tennessee - No help from manager

While I was shopping in the store someone hit my car in the parking lot. I spoke with a manger and ask if she could pull the video tapes and see who hit my car she stated no I could file a police report but they could not look and see who did it. Thanks for nothing, I now have $934.00 worth of damage to my vehicle, and no idea who did it.
Lowes Manager
Featured
Lowes - HVAC a disaster
Lowes - HVAC a disaster
I purchase a central unit for my home at Lowe's , Decatur Texas. A Ary Company Heating and AC. did the installation. The unit is call a packed unit, mean the heat and AC is in one unit with plenum boxes run on the crawl space connected with flexible ducts. Well A Ary,...

Have the same problem in Brooklyn, NY. Fast to respond to make the sale but impossible to reach when you have a problem.

Installer Nick from CCH Mechanical does not return your calls and CPO project coordination Sharon Jones is just as unprofessional as the installer. Have had my unit in for 1-1/2 month and still waiting for them to contact me on an existing problem from day one.

They just don't return your calls! Advise not to use Lowe's for any of your HVAC install.

View more comments
A Ary Air Conditioning Hvac Installation
Cons
  • Hvac installation sucks
Price reduction
  • Hvac Installation Sucks

Lowes - The fence from *** / Lowe's

It started in June when I signed a contract with Lowe's to add to an existing fence (I was fully enclosing my dog run). The contract stated that the work would be completed by Sunday, July 16th. Lowe's did not show up or even return my numerous calls 'til I said I wanted my money back. A young woman from Lowe's installation company called and told me I needed a permit to do this. After spending an entire day checking on this "needed" permit... I was told that I didn't need a permit ! I called my salesman and told him if Lowe's can't put my fence in by next week I want a full refund or I'd sue them for breach of contract. Immediately after talking with the salesman, the installation dept. called. Lowe's put the fence up Monday July 24th, EIGHT days after the contractually agreed upon date. The fence Lowe's put up was rusted. I pointed this out to the installers and they told me to wire brush the rust out and spray it with WD-40. I said no. Then they said they'd do it if I had some WD-40, after spending 20 minutes looking for the oil it dawned on me that I didn't work for Lowe's. I told the installer's to call their sprvsr. and that I'd paid for a NEW fence. The installers said they'd come back and replace the fence in 2 weeks or less. They never came. After SIX calls I was finally given a new fence on August 11th. Terrible experience. Lowe's should be ashamed.

What kinda of *** reply ? Isn’t it consumer protection against things like this ? Shane on Lowe’s , the thing is sign the contract through Lowe’s , not with the “lowest bidder” , from the eyes of the law , Lowe’s is fully responsible for their so called “ lowest bidder “

Lowe's doesn't install fences or anything else. They contract it out to the lowest bidder so they can be the lowest priced company selling fences. What else did you expect when you bought the lowest price fence you could find?

@Anonymous

Lowes Customer service is horrible hands down trust me i know i install for lowes. I would never recommend lowes installation to anyone i care about.

They only get customers because they finance. Ive witnessed so many nightmares i could write a book thicker then the bible.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • Read the compliant tired of playing games
Price reduction

Lowes - Told the item was at the store

1.2
Went to lowes after I was told the item was at the store. When I arrived and went to get my item. It wasn't there. Drove a long way to get my item( a dorm fridge for my daughter). The item was 60.00. They only had one type, that was 119.00. They told me that they would take 5% off. That's it. What an experience. Never believe them when they say they have the item in stock. The employees of this whole store are completely incompetent. GO TO ANOTHER STORE. I will never shop at lowes again

OP:

You are using a very broad brush to paint the employees at this location as completely incompetent just because the refrigerator you wanted was not in stock.

Is it really fair to point the finger at an employee who does not even work in the department where the refrigerators are?

How would you like it if this happened to you or to your daughter?

@Anonymous

No matter who I spoke to, nothing was resolved... I even spoke to the store manager...you have no idea what you’re talking about...

Lowes Pick Up Service