Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Delivery blew us off

We're in the middle of a Lowe's XPO fiasco about an oven we ordered. The customer service reps themselves were kind, just the entire organizations don't care. We got fresh produce to make an inaugural oven meal bc we were told 6-8 pm Th. Waited afraid to cook supper on our old stove (oven's broken) in case they showed up. No one came. Called Lowe's and was told we'd be an "add-on" for Friday, so they couldn't give us a time. (They said the report said the driver came and no one answered the door. Hah. We were looking for them the whole time. Either they're incompetent at finding addresses, or they lie; neither is good. For my job, I visit homes, and I can tell you if someone doesn't answer the door, I phone them. Duh!) So I called XPO Friday morning and asked if someone could call us to touch base--no, they'd just call 30-60 minutes before they came. Husband teleworked that day. No one called or came. I called Lowes in the evening but the nice person was powerless. I then called XPO and the rep said a manager would call us in about 5 minutes. Nope. I went to work today (Saturday) but my husband was home and said no one called or came. I called XPO this evening and the (again) kind customer service rep said he would try to reach a supervisor and could I please hold...which I did for a full 35 minutes before giving up. Does Lowes want our money or not?!?!?! I'd cancel but they wouldn't care, and I don't want to start all over with another company. But we are never, ever buying from Lowes again.

After a week, the oven showed up. The day before it showed up, the Lowes 1-800 customer service person said that it looked like the online order hadn't been processed, so we should call our local store manager.

I called the local store manager, left a message, and never heard back; but then that evening, the delivery place called and gave us a window of time during which we'd get the oven. So either someone did something helpful behind the scenes or their communication among themselves is poor.

Anyway, it finally, finally arrived. But if I'd gotten paid for all the time I spent on this, we could practically buy another appliance (but not from Lowes!!!!!).

I feel like you literally just wrote about my experience. So frustrating how they don't even care.

Xpo Logistics Home Delivery Service
Cons
  • Delivery did not show up day after day
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • Bad Product Delivery

Lowes in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin - Lousy customer service

2.3
My wife and I shopped at a Lowe's about 20 minutes from our house. After we got home she noted we were charged for 1 item twice. She called and the only way they know to resolve it is for us to drive back there with the receipt, wait while they check security footage, and if we prove we are right they will refund our money. Had a similar issue with a competitor and they simply looked the transaction up and gave us credit without any inconvenience to us. Lowe's certainly isn't encouraging us to be a customer and we most likely won't go back. I spend my money with merchants that make it easy and appreciate my business.

They should have been able to ask for the information they need off the receipt and viewed their security tapes without your coming in. Sounds like they make it easy for their cashiers to be dishonest.

@Anonymous

Yes because we need to automatically jump to "dishonest employees" god forbid it was a honest mistake.

But lowes policy is, customer is required to be in store to review footage for a refund on issues like this.

Is it less convenient for the customer yes. Imagine being the cashier having to deal with you and your needy self.

@Anonymous

The only way to tell if it is a customer error or a cashier error is to look at the security tapes. Why does the customer have to come back to the store to look at a tape?

The store makes it inconvenient for the customer in hopes they don't come in, making in easier for dishonest employees to get away without being caught. Not saying that there are dishonest employees there, but why make it easy for someone to be dishonest?

View more comments (2)
Lowes Customer Care
Full refund

Lowes in York, South Carolina - Complaint about delivery on time

3.6

Update by user Sep 07, 2017

there has been no answer to my complaint as of this day

Original review posted by user Sep 01, 2017

I purchased a washer on Tuesday the 22rd and was to be delivered on Sat the 26th between 12 and 4PM. I stayed home all day waiting for this washer and called at 3:30 to find out where it was. I waited online for 20 min. and was told delivery is still scheduled for me. Well at 8:00 Sat night it showed up. I had to take a day off work for this delivery and it didn't show until Sat evening. This is a very poor way to treat your customers. I use my Lowes credit card and now I am very worried to use it again. Is this normal and why did I have to call and not someone at Lowes telling me my delivery would be late? VERY VERY POOR customer service

A promise is a promise. How lame to make excuses for poor service and outright lies.

We have had Lowes blow at least 5 delivery dates. They fail far more often than they follow through.

Never again.

What it is is reality in the world of deliveries. Do you think the drivers wanted to be delivering Saturday night?

Unfortunately deliveries don't always go as planned. Appliances are big item and even though people think they are going to fit through their doors they sometimes don't.

You may find the deliveries before your required the drivers to remove and replace doors on refrigerators that they hadn't planned on, they had to wait for people to clear out their old refrigerators, even though that should have been done already and on and on. Until we live in a perfect world, there will be things that put schedules behind.

@Anonymous

Yes, deliveries can be complicated, and delivering appliances seems like an often terrible and back-breaking job. I don't ever fault the drivers for something being late.

What I do fault is a company that doesn't notify customers if something will be very late or not be delivered at all (the latter was the case for us). It's just polite--a customer spends a vacation day or loses work hours to be at home, so at least make sure someone picks up the phone and talks to them.

It shows that the company cares or at least cares enough to pretend. Communication, that's all.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • That they are close
Cons
  • Gave us the run around
  • Delivery service
Fair pricing

BEWARE!!! Lowes and Discover gift card - I'm stuck in the middle!

Purchased online at Lowes. Lowes and Discover disagree on amounts charged with each telling me to resolve with the other. Spent hours on phone with each with no resolution. Lowes applied Multiple charges to the gift card that differ in the amounts Discover claims. Very frustrating and Lowes customer Service is indifferent. Cmon Lowes - what gives! Cmon Lowes - what gives? Cmon Lowes - what gives! Cmon Lowes - what gives? Cmon Lowes - what gives! Cmon Lowes - what gives? Cmon Lowes - what gives! Cmon Lowes - what gives? Cmon Lowes - what gives! Cmon Lowes - what gives? Cmon Lowes - what gives! Cmon Lowes - what gives?

Have you provided Discover the receipts Lowes gave you when you made the purchases? My guess is that you aren't showing anything to back up your claims.

Product
Gift Card
Order processing issue

Lowes - Inept and Bad Customer Service and Policies

While in Lowes on Aug.25, we were contacted by a sales representative that we were due a refund of about $48 on a floor installation. In order to issue the refund, the sales person went to the cash register and completely reconstructed the entire sale. What a terrible financial problem that caused for us. The next morning a major withdrawal of over $1300 appeared in our checking account! And, then we discovered that it may be up to 10 days before our refunded money is actually transacted through the store and banking process. In the meantime, we are left with dealing with the personal money shortage. So much for putting the customer first, right? Why they could not have simply refunded the $48 or given a store credit makes absolutely no sense. After complaining, we were only given the excuse that it was "their policy." Had we known it would work out that way, we would have just told them to keep the $48---that's better than what happened.

To keep inventory straight they needed to refund and sell the product. It looks like the processed it as 2 transactions rather than doing it in 1 transaction. If they had processed it as 1 transaction it would have cone up with a $48 credit to your account rather than a sale which processes through the bank right away and a credit which the banks process over a few days.

Lowes Flooring Installation
Problems with payment

Lowes - Lowe's Lousey on Deliveries

2 days in a row Lowe's did not deliver the frig I ordered on the day and time they chose and notified me of. On the first day, I was never even notified when they cancelled the delivery. No one at the store answers the phone-- I tried every dept and no one picked up for hours. Lowe's cust serv blames it on their 3rd party delivery Co., XPO. They do not take responsibility for their dysfunctional operation. I will never order from Lowes again. Lowes Cust Serv is polite, but no help what so ever. They have no authority to make anything happen. I lost a couple hundred dollars of food and an entire weekend waiting for a delivery. If I had known how unreliable they are I would have ordered the same product from another company. Next time I will.
h.kitchener

Cancel the order and go elsewhere. Simple solution.

Xpo Logistics Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes in Clover, South Carolina - Misinformed about product availability at two stores

3.5
We purchased 11 pieces of tile 0486890 at the store in Clover along with over $700.00 of other product. We loved the tile but knew it was not enough for our project so we asked if there was anymore somewhere else. Our clerk said Hickory had 45 pieces and N. Tryon had 8 pieces. We got home and planned a trip to Hickory. I called to order and prepay and was told that I would be called back when they located it. No call back so I called the next day and got another gentleman. He said the computer was showing 145 pieces and he would call me when he located it. He called back and said that he and 3 others could not locate it anywhere. I then called N. Tryon and was told that even though it showed them having 8 pieces that he could not locate it anywhere. I had previously asked S. Tryon if the Hickory store had it could it be transferred to their store. It does not matter since Hickory did not have it but I was told it would cost me 89.00 for an in store transfer---WOW!!!I now have 11 pieces of tile with no recourse but to go on the hunt again. I hate that I had to spend so much time for nothing. The inventory control at these stores is horrible. I feel mislead and no one offered a solution such as checking their warehouse or anything. We have spent a small fortune at Lowe's in the past and this is how we are treated. Home Depot is the same distance from me as Lowe's if we are not appreciated as a customer. Please try to find this tile for me as this is a very important project. Sincerely, Sylvia Adkins

You can also return the 11 and choose another tile. Computer counts are hard to keep correct in big box stores.

There is breakage, theft, shortages in shipments and the fact that it can take a few days for a product to hit the shelf after it comes off the truck. It would be great if everyone had to work a week or 2 in retail to see what it's really like. Bet your attitude would be adjusted. Why the big shock at having to pay someone to pick up an item from another store?

It has to be pulled, packaged invoiced and put on a delivery truck to the other location. None of this happens without cost.

@Anonymous

You have no idea what we were told and how confusing this run around was. My husband was a manager and a supervisor in a multi million dollar retail industry for 37 years and successfully kept his profits up and inventory under control.

With computers inventory control should not be an issue.

If you have shortages in shipment it should not effect inventory if the receiver is entering proper numbers. Before you respond in this manner try walking in the consumers shoes for a while when they are spending their hard earned money that pays the salary of the employee.

Lowes Pick Up Service
Cons
  • No customer service
  • Experience at clover
  • Weak product knowledge
Preferred solution
apology or the product I wanted and have had such a run around trying to locate.
Tags
  • Tile Flooring

Lowes in Hudson, New York - Durability is a thing of the past

3.2
Who would ever think that a Kitchen Faucet would figure in as the "planned obsolescence" method of producing things in this day and age. After deciding to remove the Kitchen sink and faucet that were installed in 1950 when my house was built because it was an outdated look, We bought a new stainless kitchen sink and a modern curved neck, brushed nickel, faucet with a soap pump and special head that could click back & forth between steady Stream and spray. The faucet's head was on a hose that could be pulled out in order to reach different areas of the sink. The entire sink and faucet were installed by a Licensed plumber so that it would be done correctly. 6 weeks later, we are now experiencing a problem with the faucet's head. Once you switch the Stream from steady Stream to spray, it takes about 20 repeated times of pushing the little button before it decides to return to steady Stream. We no longer have the store's receipt nor even the box the faucet came in. All we now have is a $228.60 plus tax defective faucet we're presently resigned to using without the Spray option out of fear that it will completely fall apart if we keep trying to use it!

First things first....Quit blaming stores because you can't hang onto your receipts. A $228 faucet would have a warranty.

Put your receipts in a file so you have them if you need to file a claim. That being said...

have you contacted the manufacturer of the faucet? You'd be surprised how helpful the customer service departments are for the major faucet manufacturers.

Having built a home in 2004 and by 2014 every fixture needs repair or leaks, we just limp along having matured to the point we can't DIY.

Product
Faucet
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
I'm skunked as I no longer have either the receipt nor the box the faucet came in, I'll have to buy another faucet in the future - "Let the Buyer beware"

Lowes in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - They refuse to honor veteran status

They refuse to honor veteran status unless you apply for a LOWES credit card. No problem with Home Depot!

That's not true at all, not even in the slightest.

What they are pushing for is enrollment in the automated military recognition program, which comes in the form of a "my lowes" card...

its not a credit card or anything that has anything to do with money.

It keeps your purchase's on file in case your loose your receipt. It will also show your service with out having to present ID.

So if you were given that information its wrong, or you just didn't listen and like to complain.

50/50 shot I guess

Just look at the complaint board for Home Depot. It is full of complaints from veterans not getting the discount they think they are owed.

Unfortunately there are always people trying to scam stores for a discount.

Lowes is implementing a system to verify actual veterans. Perhaps all stores should just eliminate veterans discounts to stop complaints on how they are handled.

Lowes - Holly *** Are They Trying To Go Out Of Business

Well i truly believe they are trying to go out of business. I have been dealing with Lowes of Lynchburg Va for over 25 years. They have finally fell and hit there head. People let me tell you the new change they have let go of all there delivery drivers some were there 28 year's. The new company contracted X.P.O what a joke the driver's are very rude they smell like they haven't showered in weeks. They could care less about the customer. In the pass the other drivers clean cut very customer friendly and would take care of you. My order was late and no were close to were i asked the driver to place it. Lowes wake up your losing customers quit being cheap and taking jobs away rumor says next change fire all full-time employees and hire a bunch of cheap part time help. As a well known contractor for 40 years i promise to take my money to another place were my business means something and is appreciated and pray that the best thing you all had the delivery dept maybe moved to better company. Good bye and good luck staying open in the future
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • 40 years of doing business no more
Reason of review
that i will no longer do business there