Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes - Bathroom was HORRIBLY dirty 8/24/2017.

Filthy conditions in the stall. Toilet paper was a loose roll on the floor, which was filthy. Towel dispenser was empty. Roll of towels was sitting on top of the dispenser. The automatic hand dryer did not work. Toilets were filthy and disgusting! All of the toilets were like that. I am ashamed of Lowes for permitting this situation to exist! I didn't have my camera with me or I would have a picture for you. I will think twice before returning to Lowes for fear I may need to use their bathroom. I am going to complain to the city about this situation, also. And...the floor was in disgraceful condition.
h.kitchener

Yes, contact your local or county health dept. and tell them.

Also, Lowe's has a website. Corporate needs to know about this location.

Tell them. Obviously, management at this Lowe's is in need of some changes.

Lowes Sanitary Conditions
Bad quality

Lowes in Republic, Missouri - Horrible customer service

Just wanted to share my experience with the Lowe's in republic MO... I had bought a new washer, dryer and dishwasher.. My total close to 2000.. Well get the washer home and it's broke the computer screen is bashed in.. Called the Lowe's in republic ,the manager Josh said to bring it back. He would exchange it. I told him I was busy unloaded the other merchandise I would send my 16 year old, explained he would need help loading and unloading .he told me that wouldn't be an issue.. So my son heads up their with the broken washer. The cashier refunds the money then rings it up again.. He hands her the money they just gave him.. She says your 200 $ short. He stated that's the money u handed me.. She called a manager over who yells at my 2 sons ages 13 &16.. Tells them they are thiefs and liars and won't be leaving the store till they hand over the money they stole... My son repeatedly tells her that's all she gave me.. They call a different manager up (Josh) .. He called my sons a liar and thief.. The first manager says u can't leave we are gonna watch the tapes and prove u took it.they were detained almost 2 hours. My son stated go ahead u will see the girl still has it.... Sure enough they find the missing money in the cash register ..not one person said I'm sorry... Not one person helped my sons load the washer like asked... I have called corporate can't even get a return call.. The store manager did say sorry it happened this will help with training the employees more... Are u kidding me. Great customer skills..
Lowes Cashier

Lowes - Worst customer credit service ever

I've spent a total of 10 hours on the phone in the last year with the credit card reps because my payments never get applied as they should. I'm done with lowes. I'm paying off my balances and going to Home Depot. And I absolutely hate Home Depot

I hope you realize the stores have no control over your credit card. Your credit card is issued by a credit company with the stores name on it.

If you look, you do not send payments to Lowes, you send them to the credit company.

Things are no different at Home Depot. It is the credit company you should be complaining about, not Lowes.

Lowes Credit Card
Problems with payment

Lowes - Not a honorable company

2.3
Lowes has the worse repitation on treating their customers. I place an order for tide that showed 7 in stock. Get call none available. Spoke with manager states sold out no more will be coming to store. Next morning decided to check before store open it jump to 12 in stock, so ordered again. Store open within less than 1 min. Get call non in stock and never received any. Now mind you how can something go from 7 to 12 but you never received item. This all was in less tahn 24hrs. I feel they do not care about their customers. I will not send anyone or go back myself if this is how they treat you. Also corporate was no help to simple put it they said we can do nothing about it. PS when i spoke to store manager he stated he would hold if any arrived. Guess when it went to 12 he did not care to honor his world. Do not trust this store. Facebook has plenty of stories of their deceit.

Just because the computer says it's there doesn't mean it really is. Having worked at a Lowes competitor I can tell you it isn't uncommon.

When a truck was received from our distribution center the bill of lading number was entered in the computer. Everything on the bill of lading was added to the inventory whether it was actually on the truck or not when the truck hit the dock. Depending on how much freight was coming in it could take a day or 2 for the product to hit the shelf. From time to time the wrong product was shipped or the product ended up on a truck going to another store.

No way to know till someone corrects the counts due to an empty shelf or someone looking for more than was on the shelf. Good luck finding a store that is 100% accurate on their floor counts vs the computer.

@Anonymous

No retailer has an accurate inventory count. I've been in retail over 30 years and it just doesn't happen.

If something is received on a truck it could take several days, as has already been mentioned, before it is physically put on a shelf or otherwise ready for sale. This is the lag time between the computer inventory and the physical inventory.

It happens everywhere all the time. Unfortunately internet sites are only updated with the computer inventory and it could be quite sometime before it is corrected, if at all.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Website
Order processing issue

Lowes in Northridge, California - Don't waste your money

2.2
Purchased 2 custom window blinds very expensive yet cheap blinds. The blinds pull down and up get stuck all the time the contracted company came out said they are fine after the tech made an adjustment. 3 weeks later same problem. When you call the store to set up a return visit the staff In the The store are rude and then you call the company after they came out and said I guess we will replace them their staff is more rude if that is even possible. Now after a year of this same issue Lowes gets to say your over your year warranty, but we can charge you another $99 and they will come out. No thank you I will go to another store less money with better customer service and probably better products. Such a waste of money and they really don't care.
Blinds
Pros
  • Leaving
Cons
  • Customer service
  • Product quality
Loss

Lowes - Complaint about forklift safety

3.2
The operator had a watch person that took a load over my wifes head when i spoke to them about it the laughed that ticked me off your security cam by the contractors exit should have it recorded at lowes in tallahassee fl capital circle ne

I don't understand why people aren't smart enough to stay out of areas where forklifts are operating. She could have simply stepped out of the aisle.

I worked in another home center and people would come in and do their walking in the winter.

Rather than walking the racetrack on the sales floor they would walk around the back aisles of the store where forklifts were continually running freight. Some people have no common sense.

Poor customer service

Lowes - Plant returns waste of time, with no posted policy anywhere in store/manager on duty who lies with no problem straight to your face.

On August 20th I loaded up some returns for lowes. Looked up all the receipts, I am in the store at least two to three times a week. so I had to go over a lot of receipts.(my time wasted) I went in to lowes after unloading all the items to do the returns. Went inside was greeted at the the return desk, very nice young girl. She took all my receipts and scanned them, then started going over the return plants one at a time and these are sale plants so she had to go over each on to put the correct costs in. Other customers waiting with returns also. One man walked away because of the amount of time it was taking. A man sitting not more than 20 feet away (later to be known as Holland the manager on duty.) tried calling her she had to call him back ,he looked up finally and realized she as right there and busy, he said he would see her when she was done. Not on the phone he just spoke to her directly he was so close. she finally completed the returns told me what would be on card and in cash. Then the return would not process the plants after all this effort and time. She went over to Holland who by now was having to process other returns himself, due to me holding up the line. She came back and told me the sale plants are not returnable even if they died. She went ahead to complete the rest of the none plant returns which she had to reenter all over again. In the mean time I ask for the manager and up walks Holland telling me there is no returns on these. I stated it was not on my receipt, not posted in store, not posted by the sale plants. The cashier did not even know, she spent time going over all this for what , to *** me off, make me look *** to everyone waiting behind me. Then the manager Holland tried to tell me the policy sign for that must have fallen off the racks of plants. This really pissed me off that he would be unethical enough to lie to my face. How *** of him he seen the stack of receipts. I told him in front of everyone that was a lie I am in your store 2, 3, 4, times a week, and always go to the plant section. THERE HAS NEVER EVER BEEN A SIGN STATING ALL SALES FINAL. In all the years Since they opened. I have so many other options, this will not be one for me GOOD BY LOWES. I do landscaping and contractor projects for my clients and I will let them know NO LOWES.

If you wouldn't buy things you didn't need you wouldn't have this problem.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Retun policy not postedwaste my time
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Tags
  • No Lowes

Lowes - Terrible customer service

August 19 2018 went to Lowe's for a snake for my drain in my shower I went to the section with the plungers and asked a Lowe's worker he responded he is new to the section and he doesn't know where to find a snake so after wandering around I asked another Lowe's worker who told me he didn't know where to find a snake for my shower drain either at that point my dad had already found a snake after wandering around for about an hour and it completely different section then where it should have been it doesn't seem like the Lowe's employees care at all about helping their customers find what they need working in that industry myself I'm very disappointed with my experience and I will not be going back to Lowe's or recommending it to anyone I know

You will do well to stay out of big box, self service discount stores if you can't find products on your own. You are better off at a small hardware store like ACE. They will walk you to the items you are looking for, just expect to pay more for the service you get.

You can browse every aisle in the store in under 10 minutes. It took an hour?

Maybe your dad is just a ***. Sounds reasonable.

So, every employee should know where every single product is in the store, at all times.

That is on average 15,000 individual item numbers.

I hope you provide the same amount of perfection in your career, as you expect others to have in there own.

View more comments (2)

Lowes - Nightmare on Elm Street

1.7
DO NOT BUY Appliances from LOWES or obtain service contracts for A&E Factory Service. TIME for a Class Action Lawsuit When we bought our new house, we decided to pull out the stops and buy ALL new top of the line appliances from Lowes, and also purchased the FULL service plan at a high cost...with a PROMISE from LOWES that this was a top end service contract the covered the appliances 100% including replacement. This LOWES is located in Summersville SC on Dorchester Road. For 2 years afterwards, the appliances worked well, then one by one they started having problems, starting with the Microwave...moving through the Stove and then migrating through the Fridge. The Microwave only needed a new Caro sole...took 3 weeks to replace...this was the first sign, service was not going to be what we expected, but we moved on. Year 3 The Stove decided to turn itself on and attempt to burn down our house down family inside, in panic we called A&E Factory service...there was ZERO compassion as the person on the phone said, well you need to figure a way to get it unplugged, and we will try to have someone to come out in 2 -3 Weeks.....they did show up in 2 weeks. The tech looked at the stove and said...hmm...must be the controller ( I assume he mind melted with the unit and convinced it to come clean with its intentions), and replied...well its going to take at least 4 weeks to get the part, and a week or two longer to get back out here to replace it....In honesty, I was not happy at all, got in my car and drove to Lowes owes to better understand the service I paid for and the guess work technician I received ....this is where I learned how both LOWES and A&E are working together to make sure you consider BUYING a new unit and not wait for their physic troubleshooting and repair that my starving kids . The Store manager of LOWES explained to me that they do not OWN A&E and we would have to take up any complaints to them, as it was out of LOWES hands once the unit was 30 days old. Basically don't bother me attitude, but did tell me he would give me a 10% discount on another Fridge (unbelievable) . From there I called LOWES corporate Service, they told me they would make sure someone returned within a week and they would have the manager of the store call us directly. Needless to say, the manager NEVER called back, and neither Did A&E....every attempt to work with the LOWES store on Dorchester resulted in the manager becoming angry and very impolite to me and my wife. However Calling LOWES CORPORATE Customer Care at least they seemed like they cared, but made promises of replacing the unit if we continued to get mistreated, and did we ever get mistreated....so the Guy finally comes back 6 weeks later and replaces the controller.....tells me everything is good to go and leaves, my wife goes to use the oven and now it wont even heat up above 150 degrees, I call A&E and explain the oven still don't work, and they reply well it will be another 2-3 weeks before we can send some one out to look at (You see where this is heading right, long story short on the stove, was the heating element had burned out as a result of the previous near fire...and we were left without a stove for over 2 months, and nothing but lies and broken promises from the LOWES Store and A&E...well played you Corporate bastards.....Now Comes the 2200 dollar Fridge, countless calls to Corporate Services LOWES, Corporate Customer Care LOWES and A&E factory Services. With this I went through EVERY MANAGER at Corporate Lowes SERVICES, and EVERY MANAGER at LOWES CORPORATE CUSTOMER SERVICE. And I will call them by name...that's fair right ? Now being fair to me, I didnt start documenting names until managers started telling me they had no idea who I had talked to. A&E No names sorry Just didnt write them down i Wife made the initial calls Explained that the freezer was acting up and the temp would not get below 32 degrees.things were getting soggy A&E It will be 2-3 weeks before we can have some one out to look at it (Ouchy) Not happy , no choice need it fixed, besides it was limping along.just have to go without Ice Cream Over 2 week later repair shows up.waves his hand over the appliance eyes roll back..speaking in tongues he said I know what wrong, runs out to his truck comes back with a fan and proceeds to replace the fan, 20 minute later , very pleased with himself and the spirits he leaves (Never test anythingjust leaves) Next morning we wake up to find EVERYTHING in the freezer is unthawed and the fridge..warm. In panic I call A&E and explained what happened (Keep in mind my family are here visiting and we have Kids and a full freezer of our favorite meats and wonderful things for big family meals) A&E without missing a beat says..sorry to hear that, we can reimburse you up to 300 dollars, but it will be several weeks before we can have some one out to look at it (No I am not happy, but hey they will pay for the food right ?) So my wife ask how do we get paid for the food.we need a receipt and / or an itemized list with prices EACH and every productseriously. First who saves receipts for the food in the freezer ? My poor wife has spent 3 days trying to put a itemized list together with priceswe shall see what they say next right ? Back to the repair.This is when I really got involved and started making calls. Lowes CORPORATE Service Shemeka First Call, seemed caring but quickly lost interest and passed me along to her manager Danial MANAGER Told me he would call A&E and get to the bottom of what was going on..Never called me back, A&E said they never heard from him or knew who he was Trenda Second Call, same as Shemka, caring but had no idea who Danial was and passed me on to AJ (Manager) AJ MANAGER Told me he had was not sure who Danial was but did know some one on his team by that name but refused to put him on. AJ also told me he was the VERY TOP dog for customer Arbitration, and if I did not like what he said, to bad..no one else to talk with but him..I did my best to reason with him, and by the time we were done talking he said he would have someone out to fix the fridge within 2 days and that we did not have to wait like A&E said or he would make sure the fridge was replaced, 2 days went by .no one called, so my Wife called A&E to ask when they could would be there, my wife explained that we had talked to AJ at LOWES Corporate customer care, and this is where everything went south. A&E told my wife it was her mistake of calling corporate and as such now she would have to wait even longer for repair (instead of the 17 she would now have to wait until the 25th) My wife a VERY sweet woman was in tears on the phonewe have Children, we need the fridge please dont do this, I guess the A&E person had some kind of a heart and agreed they would keep the repair visit set for the 17th , but told her from now on she was to deal with A&Enot Corporate. Then out of nowhere the A&E representative made my wife an offer of 500 dollars for our fridgethat we paid 2200 that was under a full repair or replace policy..come on now.that IS criminal, but it gets better (This was on a Saturday) Monday I called CORPORATE CUSTOMER CARE Daniele First Call , Very Caring and willing to work something out after explaining all that had happened, and what we had been drug through. Asked what it would take to make things right, I repliedjust replace the fridge please, I told her I was at the end of my rope. She agreed that was a reasonable request considering all my family had be put through both Cost and time. She told me she had created a case file and the manager of the store we purchased the unit from would call me back within 24 hours..never happened 4 Days later (17th the day the repair man was suppose to come back) my wife waited all dayno one called , no one showed up (This is where I came home from work) my wife is on the phone with A&E telling her she canceled the repair callI called customer service right away Spoke to Sara, and Amyexplained to her that my wife was on the phone with A&E and they were telling her that she canceled the repair, then told her she never had a repair scheduled, Amy who I was talking to on the other line explained to me she was looking at the A&E record as we were speaking and it showed the Technician had cancelled the repair because he couldnt make it. I told my wife what Amy said and my Wife told A&E what CORPORATE told me about the Tech cancelling the repair, sarcastically the A&E rep replied OK your right he did cancelled it .you want his Employee ID number so you can try and do something about it, we plan on writing him up for failure to report to work anyway (excuse if I am wrong but isn't what she just told my wife a federal offense in violation of the 1976 privacy act ? Giving out that information about a current employee to a stranger on the phone ?) Anyway, now Amy on the other end is getting fired up over how my wife and I are being mistreated and moves me up the chain of command at Customer Care Corporateright on Trish Manager Very Nice lady, very understanding and like the rest of CORPORATE LOWES agrees that I am not asking to much to have my fridge replaced with an equal trade (except one that is working) But Trish explains she has to make a few phone calls to try and get things moving, has me on hold for over an hourand I wait, finally she comes back online and explains she is having problems gaining audience with upper management , and ask if it would be ok that she call me back in a hourI agree.3 hours pass no return call (sure they have gone home by now) Now I am getting very sadI am screwed. I can either lay down and take it or knuckle up Knuckle up it is I call the LOWES store I bought the unit fromask to speak to the store manager, instead I get the department manager named Chandler.don't get me wrong, Chandler was a great person to talk to, really understood everything I explained . He also told me that what I was complaining about was the most popular frequent complaint he gets on a daily basis, he explained that LOWES extended protection is recognized by LOWES as the worst service on the market available, and agreed that it was nothing more than a scam to make people pay to buy something they wont want to use or be able to use . It was amazing to hear what I was hearing coming from the MANAGER, but he was being so real about itwe talked for 45 minutes at least. He compared the extended protection as a way of telling people that what ever they buy will break when they get it home, and without it they cant do anything about getting it replaced or returned, knowing at the time of sale what is going to happen when the appliance breaks after the customer gets it home. This is all very serious and not a joke. Toward the end of our conversation Chandler said he would have a talk with DWAIN TOMPSON (The Whole Store manager) first thing in the morning to plead my case explaining he also agreed replacing the unit was the right thing to do considering all things my wife, I and the children have been through. I told him I was very grateful for his honesty, and also told him I was documenting everything we discussed, his reply was well its about time someone did my friend. I pray he does not loose his job over the admissions he made. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to find out my next possible mis-adventure with LOWES. I pray in all honesty I am wrong...pray with me On a note: Just looked at the receipt...Chandler was the one who sold us all the appliances...and the extended protection plan....serious admission of fraud... I am sure he had no idea during our conversation that he was the employee that sold me out.....looks like he moved up In closing I would like to make a recommendation to all you people that have filled a complaint just like me.we are the same, we have been ripped off by LOWES and A&E and many other large stores that use A&E knowing the records of complaints filed to the Consumer Affairs database, if we can pull together and fill a Class action Lawsuitwe can end this corporate RIP OFF once and for all. Do a little research and you will find perfect examples of blatant Fraud committed by both the STORE and A&E . I am willing to testify under LAW everything I have written in this letter is truth and more . Someone out there NEED only find the right Lawyer, and we can finally bring a end to this, and make the share holders listen, and most of all we need to be compensated repaid for what was stolen from us. Lets stand up together and make things right. Contact me anytime at GregChop@gmail.com In closing I have filled this complaint with both Consumer Affairs , and the better business bureau. And intend to post this everyplace I can. I will update what happens today when I get home tonight, as I am sure the Drama will continue, until we are forced to call an outside repair person into repair what should have been taken care of by LOWES.but at my cost. If this turns out to be the case, I intend to give LOWES and A&E as much advertisement as I possibly can, including submitted a request to the City of North Charleston for a formal PUBLIC protest in front of the store (Not sure I need a permit, but will find out before I buy a Megaphone)

What Lowes and other retail stores don't tell you is that you can also buy service plans from the manufacturer of the appliance. I haven't purchased an appliance in the past 10 years that shortly after registering it with the manufacturer that I didn't receive an offer for a service plan from them.

Yes they may cost a little more but they usually cover more. If you read the fine print on a lot of the store plans they limit the total amount of repairs they will do to the cost of the appliance.

If you buy a 3 year plan on a $1500 appliance and have a $900 repair in year 1 of the plan, a $500 repair in year 2 of the plan they are only going to cove another $100 during the rest of the plan. Your are better off waiting and buying from the manufacturer or if you have a service plan available through your power company checking it out as well.

Ae Factory Service Microwave Oven Repair
Pros
  • Some of the staff
Cons
  • Service
  • Lack of response from corporate lowes
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Lowes in Rochester, New Hampshire - Awful

1.1
So many purchases with Lowes in Rochester NH and so many issues . Dented appliances over and over. Customer service awful. Almost threatning. Time to move on.
#1361990

If you have made "so many purchases" with "so many issues" it seems like you would have quit buying there long ago. As you don't provide any detail on can only assume this is another case of a mountain being made out of a mole hill. Provide detail if you want your post to be meaningful.