Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes in Rochester, New Hampshire - Awful

1.1
So many purchases with Lowes in Rochester NH and so many issues . Dented appliances over and over. Customer service awful. Almost threatning. Time to move on.
#1361990

If you have made "so many purchases" with "so many issues" it seems like you would have quit buying there long ago. As you don't provide any detail on can only assume this is another case of a mountain being made out of a mole hill. Provide detail if you want your post to be meaningful.

Poor customer service

Lowes - Horrible Service!

I have never been in a store where the workers are more disrespectful and lazy. Not only is it hard to find anyone to help you in the store but me being six months pregnant, I had to chase down a worker just to ask a question. I tried calling customer service, the store, even speaking to a manager and they all lied to me and were very rude. I purchased a stove that needed installation and the stove is coming today and I still can't get anyone to return my phone call to come and install the stove. And when speaking to a manager he was very rude and told me that I was rude. Unbelievable! Horrible workers and horrible store!!!

You are shopping in a big box store. You won't get the service you will in an Ace hardware store or a local appliance store.

If you are looking for low prices the big box stores are for you. If you want proper service and are willing to pay a bit more go to the smaller stores.

Lowes Customer Care

Lowes in Austin, Texas - Problem solving Capability of Manager

I bought a brand new washer from Lowes on 13201 Ranch 620 North bldg G Austin TX. The washer was delivered about 1:00 PM on 8/16/2017. The delivery people started the washer immediately it started leaking. After several times calling the store on 8/16/17, I was told they will contact me. I was never contacted on 8/16/17. I called on 8/17/17 about 7:00 AM and spoke to Daniel Gonzales, to give me when people will come and fix the problem (the washer was already paid in full and money for 5 years of maintenance waranty ). He complained repeatedly about my accent and I am not listening what he has to say. After speaking with for 15 minutes, I still did not a time frame for the appointment. He told he will call me does not know when he will call me?? Just a warning to customers that the Lowes stores get fully paid and you are on your own.
Samsung Electronics Washing Machine
Cons
  • With a brand new non functional washer
Preferred solution
Repair the leaking of water. In the case it is not repairable REFUND the money

Lowes in The Woodlands, Texas - Package that I ordered online

Package that I ordered online when I went to pick it up they couldn't find it had to wait over an hour so they could find it I don't think I will be ordering anything online again
#1361992

If it's an item stocked in the store there is no reason to order it online. Just get in you vehicle, go to the store and buy it.

It always takes more time to purchase an item online than it does to just go i and buy it. You'll also be sure it is the right product.

Lowes Pick Up Service
Order processing issue

Lowes is the let down of the century!

I would recommend NOT getting your appliances from Lowes unless you have at least 4-6 months before needing them AND don't mind being lied to repeatedly. Apparently my definition and Lowes definition of guarantee are not one in the same. They will also guarantee you another delivery date and even give you 10 percent off your total purchase but when the new date comes and goes and you're still without appliances they will suggest you get your money back and take back the 10 percent. At this point almost 9 weeks has gone by and I'm back to square one and wasted countless hours of my life getting hung up on by customer service and hanging out on hold listening to annoying music while they play the "transfer the blame game". Oh but in their defense they did offer me loaner appliances however they could not loan me the microwave, the oven, the cooktop or the vent hood. Oh cool, Lowes... I can't wait to move in to my house I've been waiting a YEAR to move in to with only a refrigerator and dishwasher. Yes, My family and I would love to eat ramen noodles made from the dishwasher steam. What a great compromise . Anyway, thanks to Lowes I'm super sad about a house I should be super happy about. Thanks a lot

Did you order Samsung or LG appliances? If their local and national warehouses run out of stock new stock has to come from Korea.

If you ordered colors other than Stainless Steel it can be months before they are produced and once produced it can be another 3-4 weeks in shipping. Unfortunately the manufacturers aren't very good at communicating when they expect to deliver your product. They will just show backordered with next week as the next ship date and this will happen week after week till the product actually ship and unfortunately the ship date the manufacturer gives the store is all they have to go on. Blame the manufacturer, not the store.

Cancel the order, go somewhere that they have the appliances IN STOCK, IN THEIR WAREHOUSE.

If they order them you will be in the same situation. Good luck.

What was the brand of Appliances you purchased?

Are they on a active back order?

Did you order them during one of the larger sales.

Lowe's keeps no more then 2 rolling weeks worth of appliances, for two main reasons.

There storage space is not adequate to support the sales, and two they are only allowed a total dollar amount worth of product under the roof of liability at any given time.

I'm sorry you had to wait, but your post gave no one any sort of specific information for people to help resolve your issue. I can almost assure you that you were not being lied to.

The people told you what they knew... at times that not a lot. Associates at times can be on hold with certain manufacturers for over an hour at a time. If a customer walks up, and they are the only one present...

they must hang up and assist. Which means there hold time starts over again. They are told days after PO's are promised to be delivered, that they are back ordered. It is unfortunate, and not easy to work in a home with 1/7th of the appliances you would need to run a functioning home.

Sadly its not Lowe's fault your stuff isn't there.

Please feel free to provide information in regards to your order, your store of purchase. You would be surprised how much people can help.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes in Kyle, Texas - Kitchen remodel & design

Lowes - Kitchen remodel  & design
Almost 3 months ago this hellacious process started. The tear out and install should have taken a month at most. I have drawers that hit the handles of opposing drawers which prevents them from opening up all the way and I have TWO different styles of cabinets!! I paid for the expensive Kraft maid brand and what they sent was something less. The entire process has been a nightmare and Lowes and it's upper management chose to not stand behind the customer much less their work. DO NOT Do business with Lowes for kitchen remodels much less design. I reached out to the CEO and actually got a response from someone at corporate however they finally responded and said they won't help me.

I understand your anger, truly.

What I will say is simply this... the old adage of " you catch more flies with honey then with vinegar" could not be more true.

Keep consistent, but stay understanding.

You will get results. They may take time.

What you have to understand is when it comes to Installed Sales... These Installers are chosen by corporate and not the store, and they sign very specific contracts with how and what they will do.

At times many installers are scheduled multiple weeks out. So for them to immediately stop and return to your home would set a ripple that would impact dozens others. Sadly we cant force the installers to fix or change anything.

Its much like getting hit by someone with out insurance...

it happens but you at no fault of your own are left with all the costs... now imagine this in the contexts of peoples home's. An average Lowe's installed department goes into 23 peoples homes a day. That's 115 peoples projects a week.

Even at a 95% completions success rate. Incidents happen.

Lowe's will always make it right, but they try not to just open up the register and throw money at a problem... often times the process is long due to them holding the installers responsible.

ellissusieq_22
@Anonymous

Very wise advice. Being a senior citizen makes for lots of exasperating experiences with installers, but we find that kindness while angry is a skill difficult to employ.

We have been waiting for a Lowes installer for a month to get the fence up. :)

@Anonymous

If you look at the picture you see a basic design error. The designer didn't place a filler next to a blind corner cabinet. Who ever drew the kitchen was either new or in a rush and skipped the required filler.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Kitchen Remodeling
Cons
  • I described it already
Bad quality
Lowes - Kraft Maid kitchen cabinets are junk!
Lowes - Kraft Maid kitchen cabinets are junk!

Update by user Aug 23, 2017

I am still waiting for the company to finish ordering new doors and get them installed. The experience is wearisome, and the customer service reps are not at all sympathetic or helpful. March is when the project began and we are now nearly at the end of August.

Original review posted by user Aug 15, 2017

We...

Sorry to hear others have had the same bad experience with Kraft Maid and Lowe’s. They never replaced the cabinets or repaired defects inbour grouted tile floor.

They stall and frustrate people until you just give up.

Poor customer service for sure. Hire a local tradesman with good reviews, best advice.

View more comments
Kraftmaid Cabinet
Cons
  • Quality or cu
  • Customer service
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
replace the defective cabinets with defect free cabinets
Tags
  • Poor quality establishment

Lowes in Newport News, Virginia - Lowe' has no 25" tape measure s on the shelf

4.7
I was told they would not warranty any more kobalt tape measures so much for their lifetime warranty.
#1361993

The problem is that consumers don't bother looking at the warranty. The warranty covers manufacturer defects, NOT DAMAGE.

Ripping the end of your tape off isn't a defect. It is damage and not covered under warranty.

All too many consumers feel a tape they damaged should be replaced under warranty. No store or manufacturer should be responsible for the abuse of a tool by a consumer.

Lowes Warranty
Warranty issue

Lowes - Insult

Ordered ceiling planks by armstrong. We went to pick up at lowes. They rolled 19 packages of runned over open boxes, some smashed and you could see broken planks. They headed out to our truck but I stopped them. I was furrious! They actually thought we would accept them. They said they were giving us 10 percent off per box for reorder. They should have never showed or brought the boxes up front.

Yes because you would of been perfectly happy with being told... "sorry sir but the PO you ordered for X product came in damaged, unfortunately we will have to reorder, and it will take 3-11 business days"

Sounds like they offered to give you what they had at a discount, so you could of at least started your project.

But nope... thats not good enough.

Lowes Customer Care

Lowes - Unhappy employees, unhappy customers

2.2
No body looks happy working at lawes and they are not helpful to customers because of that. Last week an employee got so upset with her supervisor, she cried. No body answers the phones, when you need something their respond "what do you want?" Instead of "may I help you" i am not happy with them at all but unfortunately i have to shop there because i had to:(
#1361995

Not much different at any big box home center. They all claim to have the best prices.

The big expense they can control to keep costs down is payroll.

Fewer and fewer employees are expected to do more and more. Get a job at a big box store for a month and I'll bet you'll gain a big understanding of why you get the service you do.